Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Are Primaris Reivers useful, considering they're assault marines in a mostly gunline-focused army? I kinda love their stupid-rear end skull masks.

Give them carbines and they make for amazing skirmishes and do equally well at holding aggressively placed objectives. I never leave home without mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Eisenhorn, Greyfax, a Daemonhost, and two terrified Acolytes.

Am I right in thinking that if you do this you can only use a "normal" daemonhost and not Eisenhorn's buffed one (because that one has to be summoned and thus wouldn't be in the force org chart)?

efb: Yes, apparently.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Huh, did anyone notice they changed the wording for the Graia Forgeworld trait so that it will stick stack with FNP effects?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Giant Ethicist posted:

Am I right in thinking that if you do this you can only use a "normal" daemonhost and not Eisenhorn's buffed one (because that one has to be summoned and thus wouldn't be in the force org chart)?

efb: Yes, apparently.

As is usually the case with the Inquisition, the solution is to add more sacrificial acolytes.

Now GW step up your game and give us Ravenor already.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Are Primaris Reivers useful, considering they're assault marines in a mostly gunline-focused army? I kinda love their stupid-rear end skull masks.

AFAIK they fill a similar role to Scouts if you're doing a Primaris only marine army.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As is usually the case with the Inquisition, the solution is to add more sacrificial acolytes.
Yeah, I quickly figured that I can get a very reasonably-costed Vanguard with Greg plus a few random IG dudes I have kicking around as Acolytes. That plus the daemonhost is about the cost of a Hellblaster squad, which is a tempting trade-off.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TWSS posted:

The spell that enables them to shoot twice got its warp charge value increased from 6-8.

That isn't significant.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Boon posted:

That isn't significant.

72% chance to successfully manifest on 2d6 versus 42% chance is pretty significant. :shrug:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Yeast posted:

Well my Steel Legion Brigade Army now rocks around with 15CP plus regen

:getin:

i am already in a chimera

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Strobe posted:

72% chance to successfully manifest on 2d6 versus 42% chance is pretty significant. :shrug:

Nah, the actual difference is that it's the same probability but it'll cost a CP 30% of the time to reroll the lowest result. Also, Yvraine is +1 to cast so it's actually even better.

They didnt functionally change a Ynnari army but they did strip the meta of its toughest rivals. Especially since they've increased the CP

Boon fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 17, 2018

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Succubus what I done painted

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Booyah- posted:

Are those individual sample Intercessors pretty easy to find cheap? I got one from "Get started with warhammer" magazine thing and would like 1 more to add to my easy-build squad and get an even number.

Any GW will give you a free one to paint.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

mango sentinel posted:

AFAIK they fill a similar role to Scouts if you're doing a Primaris only marine army.

I think they are better armed with carbines and dropped on to objectives. But knives and pistols can actually roll a decent number of dice in close combat.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Deified Data posted:

Succubus what I done painted

Nice! Really like the split black/purple scheme.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fine with all of the new FAQ stuff, I simply wish the sisters of silence were natively part of the Custodes list.

May as well make it two culexus and a squad of prosecutors for an underlined statement to anyone reliant on psykers.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

DancingShade posted:

I'm fine with all of the new FAQ stuff, I simply wish the sisters of silence were natively part of the Custodes list.

I still don't understand why they're not, I read watchers of the throne and they were very very specificly linked. That they aren't seems like a willful mistake.

Perhaps they're gonna get their own army some day?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is there no small paperback rulebook anymore? I have the Battle Primer but that seems too small, and I hate the massive hardback, but there seems to be nothing in between.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cainer posted:

I still don't understand why they're not, I read watchers of the throne and they were very very specificly linked. That they aren't seems like a willful mistake.

Perhaps they're gonna get their own army some day?

Yeah it was a very "what the?" absence. I didn't click at first because I've been re-learning a lot about the hobby the past few months catching up on the years I missed.

Considering the 30k Legio Custodes units translated across in the PDF beta test codex add-on for 40k I can't help but feel the Codex: Adeptus Custodes we bought was a beta version of a more complete future army book. Or at least that's my sincere hope.

Or maybe they're using Adeptus Custodes as a test case business plan to sell people a codex in two books instead of one? :shrug:

Oh well. I'll finish painting my squad of prosecutors when my Statuesque Miniatures heads arrive in the mail.
(I'm prejudiced against bald women)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 17, 2018

Cainer
May 8, 2008

DancingShade posted:

(I'm prejudiced against bald women)

I'm prejudiced against painting faces. I would like to start a Custodes\Sisters of Silence force and fully plan on using skitarii vanguard helms in place of the topknots, I just hope they fit well.

Here's hoping they get some rules together.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cainer posted:

I'm prejudiced against painting faces. I would like to start a Custodes\Sisters of Silence force and fully plan on using skitarii vanguard helms in place of the topknots, I just hope they fit well.

Here's hoping they get some rules together.

I feel your exact pain - faces are my weak point too. I have a tiny brush I only use for faces & drawing on purity scrolls and how it turns out is largely luck.

Also high five.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
More than a month of free viewing, and right before the FAQ drops they cut me off. I had to burn ten bucks just to see the griping and celebrations.

My mixed Khorne army got...better? Kinda? There was a bloodletter bomb in there but it mostly just tied chaff up for a turn then got shot to pieces. At least now it will hit turn 2 with everything else. The deepstriking percentage being based on power level is nice too, taking a Lord of Skulls means a lot of stuff can drop without worrying about units on the field. Obliterators were usually dropping in my own zone anyway, just avoiding a turn of shooting. The charging into ruins thing might make me take some Khorne Furies just to have something that can hit squatters.

Obligatory images:

Khorne Daemon Prince voltron’d together from multiple bits.

Khorne Obliterators!

...Allied Sorcerer because Khorne loves Warptime too.

Khorne Lord of Skulls salvaged from a trash heap and given new life and new bits.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Badablack posted:

Khorne Lord of Skulls salvaged from a trash heap and given new life and new bits.

I don't get the hate for these. It's a half man half tank covered in skulls - what's not to like?

If I ever modernize my old Chaos army this would be the first thing I bought.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lungboy posted:

Is there no small paperback rulebook anymore? I have the Battle Primer but that seems too small, and I hate the massive hardback, but there seems to be nothing in between.

The core rules are available on the website, or Forgebane has a little foldout copy of them, but there's no equivalent to the old mini rulebook that used to come in the starter box sadly. I hate lugging the big fucker around.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Corrode posted:

The core rules are available on the website, or Forgebane has a little foldout copy of them, but there's no equivalent to the old mini rulebook that used to come in the starter box sadly. I hate lugging the big fucker around.

Fucksticks. I really don't want to buy the big bastard but if it's the only way to get the full rules I guess I'll have to.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That’s a super impressive collection of Khornates.

I really wish they’d update the Chaos range. I’d love to make a World Eaters army but that berserker kit is like 20 years old.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Other than missions there's really no reason to own the full rulebook. I never open it for any other reason.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

That’s a super impressive collection of Khornates.

I really wish they’d update the Chaos range. I’d love to make a World Eaters army but that berserker kit is like 20 years old.

That berserker box was amazing when it came out compared to the 100% static marine plastics in 2nd edition and the expensive lead figurines available.

I can only locate a mere 10 of them now (who knows what I did with the rest) and apparently I converted them all into Khornate Raptors with imperial marine jump packs.

Think my logic back then was something about jump troops making sense because of rhinos being annoying for some reason. Who knows!

I kind of miss the 2nd edition plastic chaos marines though. They only had 2 poses but they were good dynamic poses. Though having to scrounge for suitable heavy & special weapons was a complete pain.

Kids these days don't realize we used to have to buy every heavy and special weapons marine individually in a blister pack. Lead. :bahgawd:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 17, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Other than missions there's really no reason to own the full rulebook. I never open it for any other reason.

The rulebook ones are garbo anyway, Chapter Approved supremacy.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Badablack posted:

Khorne Daemon Prince voltron’d together from multiple bits.

All the stuff is real good, but this is loving Nice!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I don't get the hate for these. It's a half man half tank covered in skulls - what's not to like?

If I ever modernize my old Chaos army this would be the first thing I bought.

A part of it might be grandfathered-in hate from Epic, which had notoriously bad Chaos models.

Also yeah, your daemon prince is 100% certified badass.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 17, 2018

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Corrode posted:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/40k-first-strike-2017-ENG

This set comes with a small core rules book, it's very handy. Also includes some Plague Marines and Poxwalkers that are different sculpts from the main boxed set, so it was a good buy for me as a Death Guard player. Cheap, too!

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Bombogenesis posted:

Terminator-heavy custodians. I know they just took a hit with the DS rule changes, but do y'all think one or two accompanying banner boiz is the better call? The terminators themselves can be dropped in large group and then split, so it's a matter of how many banners I want to follow the group(s).

I'd probably go with one Vexilla Magnifica to drop down with the initial group so even if they don't make their charge, at least they'll be a little more durable to returning fire. Any more than one seems too redundant especially for Custodes where we're trying to find points to fit as much as we can in. One should be enough and the points that could've gone into a second can be used on more jetbikes or something.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Neurolimal posted:

A part of it might be grandfathered-in hate from Epic, which had notoriously bad Chaos models.

Also yeah, your daemon prince is 100% certified badass.

"bloodletter battlehead"

O.K. I guess I can't smack talk the Bloodbound for having dumb names any more, it turns out it's an ancient Khornite tradition.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thanqol posted:

"bloodletter battlehead"

O.K. I guess I can't smack talk the Bloodbound for having dumb names any more, it turns out it's an ancient Khornite tradition.

Nope, you totally can. Even GW made fun of this:

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/801537556194217986

Or... I think? Maybe it's genuine strategic advice?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Pendent posted:

Huh, did anyone notice they changed the wording for the Graia Forgeworld trait so that it will stick stack with FNP effects?

I haven't played since the admech codex came out. Have there been any serious changes, updates or releases I'd be interested in with my pure admech army?

Is mars still obviously the best?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mango Polo posted:

It's bloodgenuine bloodstrategic bloodadvice.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Mango Polo posted:

Its a parody account.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
As ridiculous as the names are, Bloodbound are a cool army! It is as straightforward as you can get.

Strategy: run at opponent, and roll lots of dice.

I am currently a speed painting 226 model Bloodbound army in the No Pressure, Just Progress thread.

If they update World Eaters, I have my cultists ready!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Two Beans posted:

Its a parody account.

Traditional Games › Warhammer 40,000: It's a parody account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Two Beans posted:

Its a parody account.

God damnit :/

I mean, it sounded genuine based on some of the "advice" GW has given in the past.