Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This game runs real good on really old hardware.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Yeah yeah I know the graphics card is old but gently caress Bitcoin miners and that ridiculous inflation

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, friends don’t let friends buy a GPU in 2018.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I haven’t checked in a few months but is it still super loving bad?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah just start the game, set everything on high and see how it runs.

I have a friend that runs this on a wooden wind-up laptop and apart from load times in the plains, it runs fine.

Truga fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 17, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

I haven’t checked in a few months but is it still super loving bad?

Yes, 1070 in Latvia is like $900 but 1080 is $850.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe some other countries will ban buttcoins and GPUs will drop back down to sane prices.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I can find the minimum system reqs for warframe PC online real easy, but there seems to be a surprising lack of info on what recommended specs are to run the game well/on high settings, any input on what the threshold is? I’m running an HD7850 and an i2600k with 8GB of RAM

This will pretty much max out WF's quality settings at 1080p/60fps as a target.
You may have to drop a setting here and there but it's not a high-running game at all.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe some other countries will ban buttcoins and GPUs will drop back down to sane prices.

I don’t want to start a full derail because I know there’s like 19 different threads about this already but this needs to happen like yesterday and not just for the GPU prices

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
There’s still some slowdowns on occasion in loading screens and I have some strange lock-ups that resemble garbage collection even though I’ve got a 1080 Ti with a 34” GSYNC monitor at 3440x1440. It hits 100+ Hz often but it’s odd how they put in 60 Hz frame rate locking as an option but no higher (it’s fairly arbitrary). The game is pretty awesome at 100+ Hz like most fast paced shooters. The game is not that hard on any GPU so I’d like my agPU to take it easy while I grind out reputation and fish with my ninja death machine.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Oh yeah forgot to mention I’m running 1920x1080, as that is pretty relevant to how well it runs

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Having fiddled about with PS4 controller settings, this is about as good as I could manage:

Reload and context now share a button. Consumables feel better on ⭕, powers can now be held for Gara / Hydron and no more accidentally using 4 instead of 2.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

necrobobsledder posted:

There’s still some slowdowns on occasion in loading screens and I have some strange lock-ups that resemble garbage collection even though I’ve got a 1080 Ti with a 34” GSYNC monitor at 3440x1440. It hits 100+ Hz often but it’s odd how they put in 60 Hz frame rate locking as an option but no higher (it’s fairly arbitrary). The game is pretty awesome at 100+ Hz like most fast paced shooters. The game is not that hard on any GPU so I’d like my agPU to take it easy while I grind out reputation and fish with my ninja death machine.

Mine is locked at 70 or 72, I think.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

necrobobsledder posted:

There’s still some slowdowns on occasion in loading screens and I have some strange lock-ups that resemble garbage collection even though I’ve got a 1080 Ti with a 34” GSYNC monitor at 3440x1440.

There are some very strange performance dips that aren't really noticeable for me until I bump the resolution up to 3840x2160, at which point certain individual tiles and ability combinations start causing the game to take a dump. Bumping up the size of the page file on my SSD seems to have helped some.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am an old, so I remember the days of being excited at the prospect of getting Quake running at a whole 640x480 you guys what an age we live in

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Protip for other newbies who might still be stuck in Excaliburs: Exalted Blade can punch above your weight class so you feel slightly less carried

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Naturally Selected posted:

Oooor you can run a harrow, ignore the gently caress out of the mag burst, and have another damage-boosted frame around for final burns or (if your group is good) one-shotting limbs.

Also, hallowed ground doesn't protect from the damage part of the EMP. You'll still get dinged hard.

Or you can do whatever unique snowflake bullshit and get pissy when you can't even manage a single tricap in a night.

:chloe:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Protip for other newbies who might still be stuck in Excaliburs: Exalted Blade can punch above your weight class so you feel slightly less carried

Yeah it's really good and makes a mockery of Junction bosses.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Radial Blind and a big hammer/sword is more reliable way of clearing junctions in my experience. :D

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yeah it's really good and makes a mockery of Junction bosses.

Literally all junction bosses get totally immobilized by Frost's 1. The fight is just locking them down and emptying whatever primary you have into their face.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Heh, except you can blind and backstab them with exalted blade which so far 1-shot every junction boss I tried it on.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
One thing to remember about graphics settings is because Warframe is Warframe, there are some graphical settings you want to turn off so you can actually do things like MR tests. I forget which ones they are, maybe bloom or color correction? Something like that - anyway it's almost literally a toggle between "do you want to actually see the edge of the platform you're standing on or not?"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Mercury junction's fight was five seconds of shooting my braton from across the map with little effect, then walking closer, hitting 4, swinging once, and apparently crit-oneshotting it???

I have this really weird sense of power in that I feel too strong for where I am but when I get a taxi/carry to hang with the big boys my maximum overpower is barely considered passable.

I probably should actually unlock more system maps now that I've farmed two frames and like 5 weapons

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Truga posted:

Just set everything on high, but turn off motion blur and similar lovely performance offenders and you'll be fine I think?

yeesh, I can't imagine this game without motion blur. with everyone and everything moving so fast, it looks weird as goddamn hell with it off

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Weeping Wound posted:

yeesh, I can't imagine this game without motion blur. with everyone and everything moving so fast, it looks weird as goddamn hell with it off

Opposite here. I couldn't imagine playing with motion blur and bloom. Everything being a weird blurred mess in the background makes me hella nauseous because of the speed.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Avynte posted:

Opposite here. I couldn't imagine playing with motion blur and bloom. Everything being a weird blurred mess in the background makes me hella nauseous because of the speed.

:same: And with (I think) Titania's flight mode it was just always full motion blur even when I was holding still.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the goon community for this game is great.

Shout-out to whichever one of you it was that carried my drunken rear end through grabbing all the Saryn pieces last night.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
RNGesus has be kind to me in grinds and plat coupons, so Lottery Time! Good news, you all already paid the entry free of being goons.
This is very much in thanks to various people in the clan being awesome and helpful, but most of the ones who have been helpful already have everything. So I figure passing stuff out randomly is my goal.

Sadly, :siren: PC only :siren: due to you know, all my stuff being there.

State your IGN and what prizes you are interested in, and I'll close entry in about 24hours and roll off and stuff. Distribution will take time due to gift limits and such.
If you don't mention the slots/potatoes I assume you don't want them.

Please don't enter for frames/weapons you already have but I won't be checking. And if you feel like you are still a newbie, note that and I might whimsically add an extra prize.

Thanks to doomsdayforte for helping me finish off a couple of the sets.

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Frost Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Lex Prime Set (2 available)
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set
Warframe Slot + 2 Weapon Slots (8 available)
Weapon Potato (8 Available)
Frame Potato (8 Available)

[b] List is longish and full of goons, so entries are now closed.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 18, 2018

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.warframe.com/news/beasts-of-the-sanctuary-update-coming-this-week

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Tylana posted:

RNGesus has be kind to me in grinds and plat coupons, so Lottery Time! Good news, you all already paid the entry free of being goons.
This is very much in thanks to various people in the clan being awesome and helpful, but most of the ones who have been helpful already have everything. So I figure passing stuff out randomly is my goal.

State your IGN and what prizes you are interested in, and I'll close entry in about 24hours and roll off and stuff. Distribution will take time due to gift limits and such.

Please don't enter for frames/weapons you already have but I won't be checking. And if you feel like you are still a newbie, note that and I might whimsically add an extra prize.

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

Thanks for the raffle!
I'm missing both Emberp and Reaperp.

edit: on and IGN is Sininini

Sininu fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 17, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

IGN bromvo, wouldn't mind taking my chances for a Lex Prime.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tylana posted:

I have all the sets but I want to give a big :hfive: to doing this

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Tylana posted:

RNGesus has be kind to me

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Frost Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set

Any of these would be awesome!
Ign brainflakes

funkmeister fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 17, 2018

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Oberon Prime and any of the weapons would be rad. I'm kind of a newbie still, I'm on Uranus so I don't know if that counts? IGN: thatgoblin

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

gently caress it why not. ign is abigfatbunny and i'd be interested in Oberon Prime, Reaper Prime, SLot bonanza, or Weapotato.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That Gobbo posted:

Oberon Prime and any of the weapons would be rad. I'm kind of a newbie still, I'm on Uranus so I don't know if that counts? IGN: thatgoblin
Don't worry, there's still a lot of fun that starts with Uranus.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Add Frost Prime to the list, forgot I had his set spare.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

IGN same as here.

Frame and weapon slots pretty please.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Frost Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

IGN UnguidedSALTW
I need slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Ember Prime Set
Frost Prime Set
Oberon Prime Set
Fragor Prime Set
Reaper Prime Set

IGN: SteelMentor
Frost and Oberon Prime would be sick. As would Frame Potatos.