Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Ulreich... good ?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Pand posted:

Ulreich... good ?!?

Muller good as well

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
rip lolverkusen

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

ephex posted:

rip lolverkusen

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress, I had 2:5. :(

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Could've made a small fortune betting on who to score next lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh hey Schalke is playing Frankfurt tonizzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Not the prettiest of matches

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Anyone know what the plan is when Neuer returns? It seems unfair to give Ulreich the boot this late, but not using Neuer seems potentially dangerous.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ulreich will stay in goal with Neuer on the bench for the CL win.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Although I'm not sure if ol'Manu is actually in the CL squad at current.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Neuer isn't getting younger. I actually felt he was noticeably worse last season than the seasons before, both for Bayern and the Nationalmannschaft. Still a great goalkeeper, but it wouldn't hurt to keep giving Ulreich playing time. And I don't know if it's more dangerous to bring Neuer or break up an eingespieltes Team. Match practice is important, and there are less than 10 games left this season.

Curious what Loew decides for Russia. Ter Stegen for first keeper?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Given what other dumb decisions Loew makes, he might actually keep Neuer instead of the way better Ter Stegen.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I reckon if Neuer is fit going into preparation and gets to train with the team the whole way through he could get the spot. Would be good to have him on the field simply because of his leadership, not sure ter Stegen is very useful in that regard.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Looks a lot like the Club is coming back to the Bundesliga! Can't believe their closest competition is Holstein loving Kiel - a club that didn't even feature in 2. Liga for the last 35 years.

Meanwhile St. Pauli is doing their best to create the bizarre scenario of both Hamburg teams getting relegated at the same time...

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

elbkaida posted:

Meanwhile St. Pauli is doing their best to create the bizarre scenario of both Hamburg teams getting relegated at the same time...

All according to plan! We gonna hang on to that derby sieg! :dukedoge:

:suicide:

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016
Hector committed to staying with Cologne next season in the 2. Liga, nice. Hopefully some of our other better players stay too and maybe it'll only be a year before we're back...

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
boateng out for the season and probably even the world cup

:negative:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Magic City Monday posted:

Hector committed to staying with Cologne next season in the 2. Liga, nice. Hopefully some of our other better players stay too and maybe it'll only be a year before we're back...

Horn as well, I am quite honestly surprised

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
:byewhore: Cologne, also lmao if Hamburg somehow pull off another miracle.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

It's not a miracle if it keeps happening year after year

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

It's not a miracle if it keeps happening year after year
Seriously. I've been saying it again and again, but I will only believe HSV is going down when it's a mathematical certainty.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Imagine if they could "turn it on" before they were about to be relegated.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Looking at the last couple of games, there is no way HSV will stay up. Wolfsburg is playing a relegated Köln (rip) on the last day and Mainz will surely find two points from three games...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

elbkaida posted:

Looking at the last couple of games, there is no way HSV will stay up. Wolfsburg is playing a relegated Köln (rip) on the last day and Mainz will surely find two points from three games...

There is a reason Wolfsburg and Mainz are where they are in the table. They're insanely bad and it's pretty likely that they're not gonna pick up any more points.

That said, HSV are playing Frankfurt and Gladbach next who are still trying to get into Europe, so I wouldn't exactly bet on them to win one of those games either.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

There is a reason Wolfsburg and Mainz are where they are in the table. They're insanely bad and it's pretty likely that they're not gonna pick up any more points.

That said, HSV are playing Frankfurt and Gladbach next who are still trying to get into Europe, so I wouldn't exactly bet on them to win one of those games either.

This post hasn't aged well

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Somebody post something to cheer me up and make me feel like Bayern has a chance today, and that Ronaldo won't score a late winner and traumatically tear his shirt off.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Why would anyone want to do that?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
as much as I hate Madrid, Bayern and poop heynckes are much worse

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Sandro Wagner is gonna score 69 goals and Cronaldo is gonna have a cry

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

oliwan posted:

as much as I hate Madrid, Bayern and poop heynckes are much worse

Wrong.

Dunban posted:

Sandro Wagner is gonna score 69 goals and Cronaldo is gonna have a cry

So, so right. See, this is what I was looking for.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Well neither Sandro Wagner nor CRonaldo shot any goals. And yet the end result made me happy.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
one of the things i love about living in america is that they show bayern munich every single loving week on tv and never any other games. woot

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Now imagine if they only showed Dortmund or Schalke matches this season.

A fate worse than death, being a season ticket holder of these two clubs lol

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dortmund would atleast get you some surprises with how inconsistent they've been playing this season. With just Bayern or Schalke to watch you'd probably die of boredom before the season is over.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another fail year for Bayern, who will never be as great as the truly great European clubs.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

I've been saying it again and again, but I will only believe HSV is going down when it's a mathematical certainty.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If Wolfsburg can't get a point against the already relegated Köln I am gonna be pissed but also happy because then they deserve their loving fate.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
either Wolfsburg or Hamburg will go down, which is both funny imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Here's to hoping Gladbach do their work and sink Hamburg, because Wolfsburg will lose to Köln.

• Locked thread