Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/TyERM5X.mp4

Art is dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god when his stupid south african rear end finally goes bankrupt its going to be so satisfying

at this point he could ask for investors for the "burn a gigantic pile of money" project and he'd still make a profit

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My office hasn't had hand soap in one of the bathrooms for over a week.

the gently caress is this poo poo I'm going to complain to osha

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

The rest of the series:

Fig. 1 is an intersting story of a man in prison who, on dares from other inmates, would hammer finishing nails into his head. He did this many, many times before he abcessed & died.

This was on the last page. :stare: :stare: :stare:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

That is inhuman

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Renegret posted:

Go to facilities, shake their hand, then inform them of the problem.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

How could you post this and not post the slow-mo of the fireball?

https://i.imgur.com/mH6Aa54.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Renegret posted:

I would just replace it myself at that point.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mill Village posted:

I would just replace it myself at that point.

gently caress spending your own dime for the company. Don't wash your hands and use hand sanitizer as soon as you get passed the bathroom door.

Do you honestly think Jerry from Marketing who was just taking a massive sriracha-fueled poo poo or Janice and Accounts Receivable who is currently spraying a toilet seat with piss because she's a 'Hoverer' are washing their hands before they touch that door?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Cthulu Carl posted:

gently caress spending your own dime for the company. Don't wash your hands and use hand sanitizer as soon as you get passed the bathroom door.

Do you honestly think Jerry from Marketing who was just taking a massive sriracha-fueled poo poo or Janice and Accounts Receivable who is currently spraying a toilet seat with piss because she's a 'Hoverer' are washing their hands before they touch that door?

Best thing I ever saw was a senior V-P shouting at a guy leaving the cabinet and heading for the door without washing his hands saying he was disgusting and he wanted his employee ID to report him to HR :D

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Can we take a minute to acknowledge the PPE on the mower operator?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

xergm posted:

How could you post this and not post the slow-mo of the fireball?

https://i.imgur.com/mH6Aa54.mp4

Because being able to see the igniter makes it less fun?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Best thing I ever saw was a senior V-P shouting at a guy leaving the cabinet and heading for the door without washing his hands saying he was disgusting and he wanted his employee ID to report him to HR :D

When you're right, you're right! Awesome.

I used to do that poo poo with other staff at a restaurant, adults presumably. Come on now, we share bathrooms with the customers. You must wash regardless.

At least rinse your canned foods before opening, by the way. Just putting that out there

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

duz posted:

Because being able to see the igniter makes it less fun?

What igniter?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
There looks to be a propane torch between the mower and the canvas. It's a little easier to see in the full gif versus the slowmo one, but look where the ignition point is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's an odd thing sticking out of the ground at an angle, but it looks like masonry to me.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was swamp gas

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm thinking there's a spark from off the impact with the blades that's hot enough to cause ignition wherever the fuel/air mix is right? Immediately where the can cracks open I'm thinking most of the air gets displaced by paint and propane or whatever propellant they use, so not enough oxygen in there to catch the fuel on fire, and for the first couple of cans chance could have had it that any hot sparks had time to cool off below the ignition point in transit, so no kaboom. I'm thinking depressurizing propellant should be pretty good at cooling stuff off too.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm thinking there's a spark from off the impact with the blades that's hot enough to cause ignition wherever the fuel/air mix is right? Immediately where the can cracks open I'm thinking most of the air gets displaced by paint and propane or whatever propellant they use, so not enough oxygen in there to catch the fuel on fire, and for the first couple of cans chance could have had it that any hot sparks had time to cool off below the ignition point in transit, so no kaboom.

I'm thinking that the way they had it set up, there was an igniter hidden in the grass. Their attempt at "painting" was pretty bad, as most of the paint was missing the canvas - so I'm assuming that was only a pretext for the big boom at the end.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8mCv_-zB8

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh there it is!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

madeintaipei posted:

When you're right, you're right! Awesome.

I used to do that poo poo with other staff at a restaurant, adults presumably. Come on now, we share bathrooms with the customers. You must wash regardless.

At least rinse your canned foods before opening, by the way. Just putting that out there

I just don't get how you can just not want to clean the even tiniest remote possibility of having bathroom related substances on your freaking fingers, with which you eat! Purell stuff disinfects, sure, but also doesn't remove tiny solids after it evaporates :barf:

If not for other people, at least do it for you jfc.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Where are the aviation goons to comment on this one because holy shiiiiit (pisssss)

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/engine-explodes-during-southwest-flight/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=S

According to that article, the woman that died could have either been the one that had a heart attack or the one that got partially sucked out of the window :stare:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This is why you always wear your seatbelt on a plane. Can't get sucked out a window with a seatbelt, can't have a heart attack with a seatbelt.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Baronjutter posted:

This is why you always wear your seatbelt on a plane. Can't get sucked out a window with a seatbelt, can't have a heart attack with a seatbelt.

Well not with that attitude.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Sorry still going to need to put a parking stub on your dashboard.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Deteriorata posted:

I'm thinking that the way they had it set up, there was an igniter hidden in the grass. Their attempt at "painting" was pretty bad, as most of the paint was missing the canvas - so I'm assuming that was only a pretext for the big boom at the end.

Because this would have been a great method for painting if they weren't purposefully trying to explode it :psyduck:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Safety First

https://i.imgur.com/ps0VUeY.mp4

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

:laffo:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

You can totes have a heart attack with a seatbelt on.
I processed a claim for a certain low budget airline, where the entire wing of their puddle jumper aircraft fell off in flight. They were able to coast to a "rough but safe" landing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
heck, that's why you've got two of'em

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/joeasaprap/status/986277894279311360

https://twitter.com/Politisite/status/986325778093760513

yipes

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Vargatron posted:

My family has worked in manufacturing since the 80s and one of the first things my dad told me before I started working in a plant was that everything can and will kill you.

I know 4 people that have been mangled in machines in factories; 2 are missing 2 and 3 fingers, a 3rd guy got his finger smashed in a metal press but still has it (and it looks/works just fine), and the 4th guy is missing half of his left foot.

gently caress That poo poo

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

MF_James posted:

I know 4 people that have been mangled in machines in factories; 2 are missing 2 and 3 fingers, a 3rd guy got his finger smashed in a metal press but still has it (and it looks/works just fine), and the 4th guy is missing half of his left foot.

gently caress That poo poo

Probably time for a new profession.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Back in college, my dad got me a summer job at the plastic packaging plant where he'd worked for 20+ years. They put me in the air conditioned QC lab - kind of a plum assignment, really, considering that I was just a random college kid. On day 1 I got the tour of the plant - walk here, don't walk there, head check before you cross this intersection, because tow motors will murder you. Got to see the machines where my dad had passed decades of his life trying to provide for me.

On my second day at that job, right in the middle of learning how to use the gas chromatography machine, my manager stepped into the QC lab and pulled me aside. "New hire, I need you to come with me." That was the year before I was introduced to hard drugs, so I really had no idea what it was about. He led me out to the factory floor, where a semicricle of people had their backs turned to me. They crowded around a stretcher where my dad was laid out. I'll never forget how confused he looked, not that I'd have done any better. He never had an LTI in his whole time at the plant, but the day after I started, he was doing a roll change on a cast line (60' long machine that pours molten plastic into molds, eventually producing the polymer lining inside a Trojan condom wrapper, which I was in fact assigned to QA) when the machine operator allowed the nip roll to close down, smashing his fingertip between two large steel rollers.

Fortunately, he was a union member with good health insurance (the same that covered me as a kid, and one reason I'll always support unions) and the surgeon he talked to was able to take his frozen, mangled fingertip out of the plastic baggie and reattach it. Still looks a bit odd, but he kept his job and 95% of his manual ability.

A few weeks later, they reassigned me to the ancient Italian rotogravure presses on the opposite end of the plant, which was an entirely different bag of OSHA. Never before had I worked in an environment where I needed to be told that the fire suppression system would kill me faster than the fire, or co-workers told stories about colleagues who dropped dead within months of retiring. "Never stop breathing the solvent fumes and you'll be ok." They also had this practice of draping Christmas tinsel over the web of paper that ran through the 5 or 7 printing decks. Turned out they learned to do that while printing toothpaste tubes. The metallic ink for sparkly tubes can build up one hell of a static charge. Draping tinsel to ground it through the metal frame beats letting it spark near the open barrels of ink and solvent. I have no idea if that's a correct safety practice, but they followed it religiously.

A year later, the company closed down the roto presses - they'd been out of style for a long time. Everyone does flexo these days. Though I'd love to hear from anyone ITT who still does anything related to rotogravure printing.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Factory OSHA violations are the worst.

If people knew what went into food manufacturing they would have a serious problem with the extent of our current regulations. Every factory I've worked at has horror stories.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just to be clear on what happened on this plane...this dude took this picture with some lady stuck in a window a few rows ahead of him?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Clouds to the left of me, douchebags to the right, here I am, stuck in a window with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh Don Lemon just got the deets, she was in her seat belt, probably saved h.....oh. drat.