Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Carlosologist posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch today's episode, but I put on TBS yesterday afternoon and the spring break episode where Roger tries to throw the greatest spring break ever was going. that's probably one of the best episodes in the show's whole run, I was dying the whole time

I always like that girls friend who says "who cares, during WW2 they were called the OSS".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

twistedmentat posted:

I always like that girls friend who says "who cares, during WW2 they were called the OSS".

drat that bitch's mind works fast!!!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

drat that bitch's mind works fast!!!

What are you smiling about Tracy, YOU STILL DON'T GOT A BOYFRIEND :nyd:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wait ... How thick?

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 12, 2018

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How the gently caress does Stan hold onto that door when it's slammed shut

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

They were not there until after the door started to close. Remember, Roger can move REALLY fast.

That's my favorite explanation on the entire show. How can Roger be so many personalities? He just moves REALLY fast. It's so stupid and simple.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And we found out this time that he’s totally capable of brainwashing people into believing he’s their parent.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

The_Doctor posted:

And we found out this time that he’s totally capable of brainwashing people into believing he’s their parent.

That is a more satisfying answer than, "We are the music-makers. We are the dreamers of dreams."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FuriousxGeorge posted:

That is a more satisfying answer than, "We are the music-makers. We are the dreamers of dreams."

But the latter is funnier.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There's no proof that those two weren't his biological children. He is also the twin brother and mother of that construction contractor.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

They were not there until after the door started to close. Remember, Roger can move REALLY fast.

I definitely like this and appreciate it, but no matter when they got there, Stan's fingers somehow fit between a shut door and its frame.

They should have had him scream "ow!" And fall into the room. Would not be out of character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Railroaded
(Season 13, Episode 9)
Frustrated with traffic, Stan goes to the mayor and proposes that the town build a bullet train, but the mayor laughs off the idea; Roger pushes Stan into running for mayor; Stan wins the election but finds himself overwhelmed.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

limp_cheese posted:

That's my favorite explanation on the entire show. How can Roger be so many personalities? He just moves REALLY fast. It's so stupid and simple.

That was a great episode, did they ever address it again?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

The_Doctor posted:

Railroaded
(Season 13, Episode 9)
Frustrated with traffic, Stan goes to the mayor and proposes that the town build a bullet train, but the mayor laughs off the idea; Roger pushes Stan into running for mayor; Stan wins the election but finds himself overwhelmed.

Expecting Roger to be Stan's campaign manager.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Andrew_1985 posted:

Expecting Roger to be Stan's campaign manager.

I was right last time and I'll be right this time... this time, it's be roger

We actually could have a good game of this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

My favorite part about Roger's superspeed is that it's never used to do anything useful. He doesn't use it to save anyone's life, not even his own (whenever he runs from danger he runs at normal speed). It is an ability reserved exclusively for costume changes, except in the non-canon western episode where it comes out of nowhere without explanation and is noticed by none of the other characters.

It's the best running joke on the show, literally and figuratively.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Andrew_1985 posted:

Expecting Roger to be Stan's only campaign donor.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

That was a great episode, did they ever address it again?

I’m pretty sure they’ve referenced it at least once since with a visual gag at least, but I can’t remember the specifics

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Last Chance posted:

I’m pretty sure they’ve referenced it at least once since with a visual gag at least, but I can’t remember the specifics

The Cowboy episode, and that's it. It was the perfect call back.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That ad, wow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gee, I wonder what this episode is supposed to be about.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Reginald is still alive!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Francine’s plot was perfect.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“That’s weird. Usually by now, Francine texts me back a black thumbs up.”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well that was both [a] very good, and [b] very unsubtle. I liked Roger as Ken Bone.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Gee, I wonder what this episode is supposed to be about.

Trains.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Roger in Steve's skin in the intro :stonk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am still kinda weirded out by the mayor looking like Peter Griffin if he was in O Brother Where Art Thou?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I am still kinda weirded out by the mayor looking like Peter Griffin if he was in O Brother Where Art Thou?

His character design was really weird. Wasn't he also similar to the rarely used principal on Family Guy?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

His character design was really weird. Wasn't he also similar to the rarely used principal on Family Guy?

Not really?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah maybe not. Like I said, the former's not used much so I didn't remember him well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Weirdly enough, this isn't the first time Mayor Woodside has been in an episode: His first appearance was in Every Which Way but Lose over 9 years ago. I'm surprised they remembered him enough to bring him back to be killed.

Oh well, long live Mayor Garfield!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm glad Tuttle is getting some more screentime but man they've been leaning on him a bit this season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm glad Tuttle is getting some more screentime but man they've been leaning on him a bit this season.

He’s writer shorthand for ‘this is affecting everyone, even characters you know!’

I like how much storyline they’re getting out of the Bazookasharks, honestly. We’ve had the construction of the stadium, two stories based around them (Steve’s introduction, and the bomb plot one, I think?), numerous references, and now this episode. Plus I love the Calvinball nature of the game itself, somewhere between regular football and the Thunderdome. They’ve had some good mileage.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Losing Mike Barker sort of removes a lot of the Terry/Greg interactions and American Dad doesn't have a large dedicated backcatalog of characters. Outside of the family and Steve's friends I think the most used characters were Lewis, Bullock and Greg/Terry. After that you're digging into Reginald territory.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Didn’t Terry leave Greg anyway?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Party Plane Jones posted:

Losing Mike Barker sort of removes a lot of the Terry/Greg interactions and American Dad doesn't have a large dedicated backcatalog of characters. Outside of the family and Steve's friends I think the most used characters were Lewis, Bullock and Greg/Terry. After that you're digging into Reginald territory.

To be fair that's at least partially because the show is a little too free with killing characters off

Also they should bring back Linda

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair that's at least partially because the show is a little too free with killing characters off

Also they should bring back Linda

Linda was such a great character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Didn’t Terry leave Greg anyway?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. It's a shame cuz they were actually great together. As characters I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The_Doctor posted:

Linda was such a great character.

Which one was Linda again?