Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GhostStalker posted:

Is there a Five Guys near you? Their fries are boss, but I dunno about their shakes. Shake Shack has great shakes, and I know they have outlets in Seoul, but their fries are nothing special.

I've never heard of a Five Guys in Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean pizza has the unfortunate tendency to just throw toppings on top of toppings because they have this belief that more is better.

To which I say, while appropriating Polsy's catchphrase, more is mou.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is a place that pretty much copied the design, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Including the interior, I guess.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Do they serve peanuts

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

astr0man posted:

This is very wrong and Korean pizza is bad.

Dipping fries in a milkshake is good, but yeah Shake Shack is meh (although I've never actually bothered going to the one in Gangnam). Also since when is there Five Guys in Korea??

Yeah, as I said, their fries are nothing special. Their shakes and concretes and burgers are drat good though, but that might just be my NYC talking.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wew lad

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not as generous with the fries though I guess.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

astr0man posted:

Do they serve peanuts

Important question, the buckets full of peanuts are one of the best parts of Five Guys.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

Do they serve peanuts

I do not think so.

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, as I said, their fries are nothing special. Their shakes and concretes and burgers are drat good though, but that might just be my NYC talking.

I didn't go there for the longest time cause the lines were so loving long.

I pretty much only go there on days that I work overtime, cause then there are less people and I don't have to wait in line.

It's expensive as hell though, compared to your standard chain burger place, so I don't really go there often.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Not as generous with the fries though I guess.

That's no Five Guys sack full of fries! This imitation is a sham!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess they only copied the design, and not the menu, unless Five Guys also serves fried chicken and pizza.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I didn't go there for the longest time cause the lines were so loving long.

I pretty much only go there on days that I work overtime, cause then there are less people and I don't have to wait in line.

It's expensive as hell though, compared to your standard chain burger place, so I don't really go there often.

That's fair, I used to brave the hour long waits at the original physical shack in Madison Square Park back when they first opened the better part of a decade back, and I felt it was worth.

Yeah, it can be expensive, but if I'm in an area with a Shake Shack and I'm craving a burg or a shake, that's where I go. Their prices are comparable to other decent non fast food burgers in the city here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shake'n'Shack doesn't give me burgers with shrimp in them so that's a minus in their favor.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is my guilt food right here.

Literally just a Whopper with spicy sauce and shrimp.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the actual product looks nothing like that because advertising is a sham.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It either says a lot about me or the state of Korean pizza that my favorite pizza in Korea is the Costco cheese pizza.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I have a pretty negative opinion on all chain pizza, but again, that's just my NYC elitism showing again, since on pretty much every corner, you can find some decent local pizza.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idol Rhythm Game Central: This page is about franchised food.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Did nielsm eat at that burger place in hakodate

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean in Korea you pretty much gotta go with chains because most places that deliver are chains and it's not common to find places that serve by the slice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

This is a very good question, and also what was on the fries, was it cream or mayo.

And what was that white block.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

astr0man posted:

I was expecting him to post about that too when zep kept bringing it up and surprised he didn't. Looks like a drat good :burger: too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IT WAS TOO BIG TO EAT PROPERLY.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my suggestion, take the patty and remove it from the burger, and also take the fried chicken patty and remove it from the burger two, and then put them on a plate. And then take out all the veggies and toss them in like, a small bowl, or whatever.

Also, take the sauce and put it on top of the patties or in a small container.

Finally, replace the buns with rice, and put it on the plate too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
At this point, you can't legally call it a hamburger, so remove the -er and just like, add a random word in the back.

Like steak.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

As I said last page, the first and second years visit Lucky Pierrot in the TekuTeku Aqours special visiting Hakodate on the latest BD, Lantis posted a preview on their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2vbOrG8O0
About a minute in. They also get the fries in a mug with what looks to be cheese and gravy, and of course King gets the same monster :burger: that she ate in the anime, but she uses a fork and knife for it. The preview makes it seem like all the first years get that burg, while the second years just get kara age burgs instead. Doesn't matter, they still look delicious.

Also, love the fact that they're wearing the same design of (school issue?) coats in Hakodate that they were in the anime, complete with Ainya being in white.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 18, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GhostStalker posted:

As I said last page, the first and second years visit Lucky Pierrot in the TekuTeku Aqours special visiting Hakodate on the latest BD, Lantis posted a preview on their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2vbOrG8O0
About a minute in. They also get the fries in a mug with what looks to be cheese and gravy, and of course King gets the same monster :burger: that she ate in the anime, but she uses a fork and knife for it. The preview makes it seem like all the first years get that burg, while the second years just get kara age burgs instead. Doesn't matter, they still look delicious.

Also, love the fact that they're wearing the same design of (school issue?) coats in Hakodate that they were in the anime, complete with Ainya being in white.

She's Asian, not white.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm also surprised at the notion that Japan has gravy, since Korea doesn't.

Our KFCs don't even have mashed potatoes for crying out loud.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

KFCs in China don't either, in my experience. The last (and only) time I was in China, I had to help a group of (apparently American) black people order at a KFC in Guangzhou because the menu was so different when all they were hoping for was something familiar to them.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 18, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Honestly Korean pizza isn't THAT bad once you understand that it no longer is proper pizza but just bread with toppings.

I did go "holy poo poo what abominations are these" when I came back to Korea after studying abroad.

Actually I still do that when I look at Korean Pizza Hut https://www.pizzahut.co.kr/menu/pizza/pizzaList/B02

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm also surprised at the notion that Japan has gravy, since Korea doesn't.

This is why I don't go to KFC in korea anymore

That and also the fact that Korean Fried Chicken is the best in the world

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I prefer Korean style for regular fried chicken, but if you are putting sauce on it I would rather just have american style wings & sauces.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Korean chicken too, but I still like KFC every once in a while.

It's hilarious that KFC Korea had to abandon its original chicken in favor of Korean-inspired Hot and Crispy Chicken cause it's like, going against the very premise of KFC.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I haven't had KFC in a couple of years, I go to (mostly Chinese owned and operated in Chinatown) Popeye's instead. I think their chicken tastes better.

And Korean Fried Chicken is boss, just wish I didn't have to go to Manhattan every time I'm craving some.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I miss shawarma and American-Chinese food so much.

Also gravy.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I miss proper mexican food way more

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I miss shawarma and American-Chinese food so much.

American-Chinese food is my guilty pleasure, since I feel like such a bad Chinese person when eating it, especially the more stereotypical dishes with no basis in actual Chinese cuisine. Or when I get chicken wings there. Noodles and dumplings and fried rice are ok though. None of the General Tso's or whatever though. It's one of the reasons I avoid Panda Express now that they've opened stores here in Brooklyn: whenever I walk by, I never see any Asian looking dudes working or eating there, it's explicitly "Chinese" food for and by gwailo.

But still, it paid the bills, since my dad used to run 3 of them. I loved when he cooked for me there when I helped out there in the summers. That was before he sold them before to focus on laundromats insteadNow my family runs 4 of those. Yes, we are a Chinese stereotype.

I remember once a couple years back when I was at my favorite hole in the wall but explicitly popular and written up in tourist guides and online Chinese noodle and siu lap (Cantonese barbecue) restaurant in Manhattan Chinatown enjoying a plate or bowl of noodles or rice, I forget which, when a man from a large Hispanic party at a table behind me loudly asks "They don't have sesame chicken? What kind of Chinese restaurant doesn't have sesame chicken?" Wanted to yell at him "An authentic one, you ignorant gwailo!"

Anyway, idol food chat!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 18, 2018

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I am an American girl who dreams of love
My favorite food is a hamburger

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sorry no I didn't try that hamburger place. Didn't come to mind as something to go for when I was visiting. Instead I had some local seafood curry.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

They need the extra two guys for the chicken.

Rude to The Guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What about the pizza.