Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's all good poo poo but we can't start playing until 9 tonight? lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's all good poo poo but we can't start playing until 9 tonight? lmao.

Believe it or not, not everyone who plays this game lives in EST! Also it's up for 48 hours. The same 48 hour window that every single person in the world will have.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please bring weather back :pray:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Believe it or not, not everyone who plays this game lives in EST! Also it's up for 48 hours. The same 48 hour window that every single person in the world will have.

est should always be the target timezone for every game.

Chard posted:

Please bring weather back :pray:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you don't live somewhere in EST you might as well roll over and die because your life can't be worth living.

Fake edit: On second thought just narrow that down to somewhere in New England, the superior region of the world.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Really hope the dynamic weather and dynamic circle speed end up being carried over to every map

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

When will they add Levolution?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
gently caress we had a spicy win last night in squads on Miramar

Lost a dear sweet boy early to house campers, rushed those guys, and then it just turned into an absolute warzone from there. Guys were coming from every nook and cranny and at one point one of our boys called "enemies behind a rock, every cardinal direction" and it was accurate. Finished with a kar + m24 double-tap into a level 3 dome for the win.

27 kills. Mite just put it on the replays

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Please do, I would watch that poo poo with popcorn, no joke.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
Yes, please post this action.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Thirding

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is great.

mrlego posted:

Yes, please post this action.

Also, yes this.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

When will they add Levolution?

they better add jihadi jeeping whenever they do

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I'll get her up on youtube tonight with minimal editing, just the boring stuff sped up (of which there's probably a total of 5 minutes at the start of the game)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

abigserve posted:

Lost a dear sweet boy early to house campers, rushed those guys, and then it just turned into an absolute warzone from there. Guys were coming from every nook and cranny and at one point one of our boys called "enemies behind a rock, every cardinal direction" and it was accurate. Finished with a kar + m24 double-tap into a level 3 dome for the win.

27 kills for one person, or the team?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

abigserve posted:

But did you kill shroud?

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestPiliablePassionfruitDoubleRainbow

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

27 kills for one person, or the team?

The team, it was 12/8/7/0 for the split

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That's cheating. I'll ask the question for you again:

But did you kill shroud?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantPowerfulBibimbapGOWSkull

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That's cheating. I'll ask the question for you again:

But did you kill shroud?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantPowerfulBibimbapGOWSkull

for people that weren't watching, they were trying to replicate this jump but with a car instead of a bike:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AveragePlacidSalmonPRChase

it was sweet

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I had my best squad beginning drop ever yesterday and then my cable went out for good :(

Dropped mansion and I had two full squad wipes, 8 kills, all with the AK. Start collecting all the gear to head into the circle and boom, network lag detected. Checked my modem and it was out.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I had my best squad beginning drop ever yesterday and then my cable went out for good :(

Dropped mansion and I had two full squad wipes, 8 kills, all with the AK. Start collecting all the gear to head into the circle and boom, network lag detected. Checked my modem and it was out.

Well you made lots of other people lose and that's what counts

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

Well you made lots of other people lose and that's what counts

But I let the bluezone win :(

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

keyframe posted:

What other fps games have you played?

Yeah this. PUBG is very janky/clunky/laggy. It reminds me of my battlefield 2 days when everything felt extra laggy and covered in molasses.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang this new pubg update is looking pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5DWHT5GuXA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Whoever thought that door squeak sound effect was a good idea needs to be fired asap

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Rex-Goliath posted:

Whoever thought that door squeak sound effect was a good idea needs to be fired asap

Same but promoted, still asap

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
War mode return when

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

mcvey posted:

War mode return when

Savage test server is basically war mode.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Rex-Goliath posted:

It's annoying in the lobby, but in matches, it really made me prioritise buildings with windows. And if I noticed good loot on a roof, it was risk-reward to open the doors to get there.

Again, a dumb thing to complain about, but it almost feels like there is too much loot. I got in the top ten quite easily, but everybody had level 3 everything, a Kar98 with 8x, and a kitted out M4.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It's annoying in the lobby, but in matches, it really made me prioritise buildings with windows. And if I noticed good loot on a roof, it was risk-reward to open the doors to get there.

Again, a dumb thing to complain about, but it almost feels like there is too much loot. I got in the top ten quite easily, but everybody had level 3 everything, a Kar98 with 8x, and a kitted out M4.

i get that feeling but i also actually think it makes it fair and about skill instead of who has the better loot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harminoff posted:

give fpp and it's better than pubg lol.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Harminoff posted:

Is this the Tencent version of PUBG? I don't know why they would swap out all the assets though. Looks built from scratch. Is it a new engine, too?
The exact same attachments and items. They even made the 5.56 boxes green so people wouldn't get confused. Slightly changed peek mechanic. If Bluehole weren't involved this would be prime lawsuit fodder.

Is it 3pp-only?

Would be interested in playing this if PUBG ever sinks into obscurity.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 18, 2018

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah it's tencents f2p version. The vehicles are garbage to control but it does have a lot of nice improvements. Peaking is nice, it has a marker you can place by pressing q, dynamic weather, able to switch scopes with the push of a button, attachments auto attach just to name a few.

Oh, it also runs really well.

Tencent must have an agreement with blue hole though as it's pretty much a clone, even the load out screen looks exactly the same.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Harminoff posted:

Tencent must have an agreement with blue hole though as it's pretty much a clone, even the load out screen looks exactly the same.

They do, since last year apparently.

https://www.pcgamer.com/europa-is-a-battle-royale-game-with-destructible-environments-from-chinese-firm-tencent/

"The game is running on Tencent's QuickSilver X engine. " I guess that explains how it runs well. No Unreal Engine.
Also since it's Tencent, I assume the dev team and QA organizations are huge and well organized.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
A lot of the quality of life features are in PUBG mobile as well (which just got a very good update yesterday), the scope switching is nice though.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

They do, since last year apparently.

https://www.pcgamer.com/europa-is-a-battle-royale-game-with-destructible-environments-from-chinese-firm-tencent/

"The game is running on Tencent's QuickSilver X engine. " I guess that explains how it runs well. No Unreal Engine.
Also since it's Tencent, I assume the dev team and QA organizations are huge and well organized.

Welcome to doing business with China. Bluehole gets to transfer all their IP to Tencent whether they like it or not.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

War mode return when

they need to just make it permanent imo

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Yeah this. PUBG is very janky/clunky/laggy. It reminds me of my battlefield 2 days when everything felt extra laggy and covered in molasses.

It does feel like that. BF2 was actually fun though, even with all it's lag and stupid red tag bugs.

Harminoff posted:

Will only be interesting if they region lock this new game to play with people from your own area. It is impossible to play in OCE at the moment. I just started getting back into PUBG after a long break and every single death appears to be complete an utter horse poo poo.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Blowdryer posted:

i get that feeling but i also actually think it makes it fair and about skill instead of who has the better loot

While that's true, I've always liked that you can die really easily, and now everybody (including myself) can tank a poo poo-ton of damage before getting to cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I like there being tons of loot but I don't even bother going for crates any more with how easy it is to gear up a M416. I hate to say it but the M416 is a little too good once it is fully upgraded. I feel like I'm shooting a CoD laser gun.