Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

bring back old gbs posted:

huh, so there is no such thing as shatter like the hard crackly stuff, that is co2 based? its all butane? and oil cartridges are from co2?

It's difficult to make broad statements, especially since it's all unregulated right now, so a company is not required to tell you how they extract things, and even if they tell you, it might not be the truth.

Most cartridge manufacturers either say they are using CO2, or label their cartridges ”solvent-less,” which is always interpreted as them using CO2. There are some cartridge manufacturers out there that say they are using ethanol extraction, and even a few that say they are using butane.

I can't really speak for wax/shatter/etc, since I don't use it myself, and some of it doesn't even have packaging where you can check to see what their claims are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

huh, so there is no such thing as shatter like the hard crackly stuff, that is co2 based? its all butane? and oil cartridges are from co2?

My understanding is that the type of solvent used (butane, co2, ethanol) has a pretty big effect on the final consistency of the product. I could very easily be wrong though, there's tonnes of different methods to make concentrates.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've been buying 1/4s every three weeks or so but I just got a deal on a 1/2 of a strain that I've really liked in the past and it's fuckin garbage weed. I shoulda known better. can't wait til this shits gone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stevie Lee posted:

I've been buying 1/4s every three weeks or so but I just got a deal on a 1/2 of a strain that I've really liked in the past and it's fuckin garbage weed. I shoulda known better. can't wait til this shits gone.

gently caress that, make some rosin out of it and go get yourself some decent poo poo in the meantime

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

gently caress that, make some rosin out of it and go get yourself some decent poo poo in the meantime

idk how to do that

I was thinking maybe a tincture though. it's the worst tasting weed I've had in years.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stevie Lee posted:

idk how to do that

I was thinking maybe a tincture though. it's the worst tasting weed I've had in years.

It's apparently some new (old, but having a resurgence) method to make extract. You need Wax Paper and a Hair Straightener. No chemicals.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-make-rosin

If your stuff is literally garbage, and makes you upset to even smoke it, you may as well give it a shot with a few grams.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i just did a weed

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i just did a weed

:eyepop:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i just did a weed

well don't leave us hanging, how is it??

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ive got pinkeye.

but now ive got really pinkeye :hellyeah:

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

LethalGeek posted:

ASMR videos are so loving weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHmu72KYhc

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

It's apparently some new (old, but having a resurgence) method to make extract. You need Wax Paper and a Hair Straightener. No chemicals.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-make-rosin

If your stuff is literally garbage, and makes you upset to even smoke it, you may as well give it a shot with a few grams.

parchment paper not wax paper

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Reading the comments on this is a good time. That poo poo doesn't work at all. It's banana peels-level bullshit. Seems like a fun way to make your house smell horrid, though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dmitri-9 posted:

parchment paper not wax paper
Ah cool, thanks.

fizzymercy posted:

Reading the comments on this is a good time. That poo poo doesn't work at all. It's banana peels-level bullshit. Seems like a fun way to make your house smell horrid, though.

but there are lots of youtube videos of people doing it in real time? like they put weed on the paper and a heat source mushes it together and clear ish goop is created

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJKqWXddedg

??? hows he faking it? or do you mean the stuff on the paper won't get you high?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71siQ6TN4A0

this seems too hot because of the steam/smoke but god ddaaaaamn

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Oils are great! Why didn't I do this like 2 years ago

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tendai posted:

other things i enjoy: getting stoned and building neon skyscrapers in fallout 4

Rimworld is real good stoned.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I am drat good at this when I'm high
https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/986477845080768512?s=20

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I started smoking weed before the gym everyday and it owns

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got way way WAY too high on my birthday as God intended and played pinball for the first time in a while with my cousin and his girlfriend, and I guess I was so intensely out of it and in on this game that I have little memory of her with an intense look of her own, holding my back to keep me in place, and feeding card swipes into the thing as I just racked up gross score after gross score

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i got high after work and watched this about 30 times
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/984178668493725696/pu/vid/720x720/9Kga-oyO4THcxxzY.mp4

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gently caress everytime I see this I have to watch it like 5 times why is it so loving hilarious

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
all i wanted was to find out how long it would take for this pen to charge fully and I found this guy

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

Do I have to smoke a weed before this will play?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

There's even solventless hash oil. I buy bho because I'm a stoner on a budget.

Me, I love repeat how much I prefer crumble to shatter, which I would ideally buy by the drum.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

drove from boise to spokane today. now there are huge dispensaries out in the middle of nowhere on the interstate in the same style as the big fireworks stores you see in some states

this one is in tokio, washington which is a town that has nothing else in it at all. it was literally a ghost town until this place opened up.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd smoke that ghost's weed

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Defiant Sally posted:

I started smoking weed before the gym everyday and it owns

what makes it better

sometimes if I smoke and run up the stairs to work it feels real good to feel my blood start pumping through my veins (I'm fat). is it something like that?

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

what makes it better

sometimes if I smoke and run up the stairs to work it feels real good to feel my blood start pumping through my veins (I'm fat). is it something like that?

Uhh its illegal to smoke drugs before work.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Uhh its illegal to smoke drugs before work.

lock me up

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

4/20 on a fridayyyyy

i'm gonna stock up on terrible (for you) 4/20 food this evening for tomorrow. haven't decided yet. ben & jerry's most likely involved

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Just bake a giant weed cake and spend all weekend out of your mind and eating cake.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

NightshadeGenitals posted:

Just bake a giant weed cake and spend all weekend out of your mind and eating cake.

hmmmmm

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got so stoned my gums are tingling

Weird but OK too somehow.

There are fat little tweetbirds eating 5 feet from me :3:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

tomorrow is my first day off in a while and im in eugene oregon, a good weed town

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I am spoiled now and despite having an ounce of raspberry kush and a few grams of gorilla glue #4 left, I'm annoyed that my guy flaked out on me tonight with the 3 grams of wax I was trying to grab. Hopefully he's not too swamped tomorrow.

I do have like a gram of reclaim I cleaned out of my rig, though. I used alcohol so I can't smoke it, but I'm deffo spreading it on a graham cracker with some peanut butter for breakfast tomorrow.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I spent a couple of weeks reading through that old EATING WEED IS THE loving WAY TO GO thread... it's been closed for a few years now and there was a lot of variation on cooking time and temps, as well as decarbing time/temps.

So... Is there anything that has since been discovered or universally decided on that I should know when it comes to making cannabutter?

I'm going the boiling a Mason jar on the stove route

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a lot of variation because everything just loving works.

My method was to boil butter and water and ground up weed for a while at a full on rolling boil, like idk man until you get bored (10-15 minutes) and then strain it through a clean rag into a bowl. Chuck that bowl in the fridge for a while, take the disc of weed butter from the top, discard the water, and then you have some poo poo that will get you lit. ezpz

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
10-15 min lol

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
It got everyone stoned as gently caress every time, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it's time to do some weed and feed myself