Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I made you cheer for Miles "Hawk" Hawkins and Val Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Can't argue, we did.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

And killed the Grey Death Legion off-camera!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

And killed the Grey Death Legion off-camera!

And made Victor Steiner-Davion and Kai Allard-Liao not exist!

poo poo, they both have hyphens. Was that the problem all along?

(No it wasn't I'm being facetious)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I honestly sent in orders where I called the Mad Dog a jaegermech.

I blame the fact that I am stupid-

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Legion #9 here, I've got to pass off for the next couple turns. I've sent in some late orders just in case. If an alternate wants to step in or the other guys want to autopilot me along, that's cool either way. This map/mission rocks and it's been savage so far and I hope it keeps up, even if it's possible we'll never see a battle armor crawl out to play terror drone at this rate.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Chronojam posted:

Legion #9 here, I've got to pass off for the next couple turns. I've sent in some late orders just in case. If an alternate wants to step in or the other guys want to autopilot me along, that's cool either way. This map/mission rocks and it's been savage so far and I hope it keeps up, even if it's possible we'll never see a battle armor crawl out to play terror drone at this rate.

Hope everything's okay goony goon!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Eh, I don't mind Adam Steiner all that much, to be honest. Having at least one intelligent commander in a military renowned for its incompetence and nepotism was a refreshing change of pace, plus it was hilarious when an Ancient Steiner Conspiracy tried to kill all those members of the Steiner bloodline who were part Davion in order to secure Adam's rule, only for him to find out and go 'Congratulations fuckers, you're now on my Shitlist for trying to kill my cousins. Hope you wrote out your will because I am going to Plan, Attend, and be the Primary Cause of your Funerals.' and then proceeded to dismantle the whole conspiracy down to its roots.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 18, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just an "FYI" to the laser crew.

Against anything without a special armor type the PPC Legion does (15+5+3+3 = 26) total damage, you deal (9+9+5 = 23).

Against anything with Ferro-Lamellor armor (like the Savage Wolf) the PPC Legion does (12+4+2+2 = 20) total damage, you deal (9+9+4 = 22).

Against anything with Hardened armor (or structure (like the Osteon)) the PPC Legion does (15+5+3+3 = 26) total damage, you deal (18+18+5=41).

I'm mentioning this because I don't think anyone's commented on it and it might help you pick targets.

Edit: And just a general comment, y'all are doing a really good job supporting each other!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 18, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, are those numbers assuming alpha strikes with all weapons hitting?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Of course, and they don't take TSEMP into account since that's an effect for the next turn.

Y'all just performed one of the only outright illegal moves in standard play (two 'Mechs swapped position with one another). In standard play you can't enter an occupied hex, you have to wait for the unit to move before you can move into it. I've been ignoring that because in standard initiative play you'd have an opportunity to move the unit in the destination hex first, but if the first 'Mech is trying to end its turn in the same hex as a second, and the second 'Mech is trying to end its movement as the same hex as the first, there's a stalemate since neither can vacate the hex.

The Legion is highly coordinated enough that it doesn't matter, I'm mostly mentioning it as a "I never thought I'd see that" sorta thing.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Well now I know I should focus on Hardened armor and structure targets.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Legion is highly coordinated enough that it doesn't matter, I'm mostly mentioning it as a "I never thought I'd see that" sorta thing.

Playing with this group kind of feels that way too. I hope we've been getting a good balance between talking in thread versus using our google docs.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

Of course, and they don't take TSEMP into account since that's an effect for the next turn.

Y'all just performed one of the only outright illegal moves in standard play (two 'Mechs swapped position with one another). In standard play you can't enter an occupied hex, you have to wait for the unit to move before you can move into it. I've been ignoring that because in standard initiative play you'd have an opportunity to move the unit in the destination hex first, but if the first 'Mech is trying to end its turn in the same hex as a second, and the second 'Mech is trying to end its movement as the same hex as the first, there's a stalemate since neither can vacate the hex.

I just hope they high-fived as they jumped past eachother.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rorahusky posted:

Eh, I don't mind Adam Steiner all that much, to be honest. Having at least one intelligent commander in a military renowned for its incompetence and nepotism was a refreshing change of pace, plus it was hilarious when an Ancient Steiner Conspiracy tried to kill all those members of the Steiner bloodline who were part Davion in order to secure Adam's rule, only for him to find out and go 'Congratulations fuckers, you're now on my Shitlist for trying to kill my cousins. Hope you wrote out your will because I am going to Plan, Attend, and be the Primary Cause of your Funerals.' and then proceeded to dismantle the whole conspiracy down to its roots.

1. There's plenty of them

2. That ended up not happening. Peter was killed by WoB.

3. He and his successors are responsible for the LC of 3150 so if you think about it, he's not very smart at all.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
WELP.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think PTN's dice just rolled a bunch of crits.

For whom, well, that's the fun!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nah, it's just that every single member of the second line Traitor Star have been killed with a direct cockpit hit so far.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah, it's just that every single member of the second line Traitor Star have been killed with a direct cockpit hit so far.

the dice HUNGER

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Dear God.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

We need this (:zaeed:), but with a Legion nailing a JagerMech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
:magical:

I didn't bring enough 'Mechs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

This seems fitting for the Legion super-cyborgs, anyway.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

Did you bring Gundams?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
That would imply that topside is taking care of things nicely. We do have a protomech that is immobilized and half wounded if we need to talk to someone in a couple of minutes.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Maybe the ProtoMechs can combine into a Megazord to keep things interesting.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

"suddenly, a landslide in the cave opened a passage for the 47th Oh poo poo Reinforcement ... Galaxy ... thing."

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
This is turning out to be an extremely fun mission.

Edit: Not that I had any doubts. This falls under "exceeds expectations."

Farseli fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 18, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, last turn PTN legit rolled horribly for his side, I've been assuming eventually the gods of statistics will even things out and we'll start taking some losses.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, the dice are fickle. You can very quickly go from headshotting everybody to getting headshot by everybody. Sometimes you have a mission like Air Raid where the dice don't screw you on that specific mission, but they'll screw you eventually.

Just keep playing well and maybe you can deliver a solid punch to the Society's face.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Actually no, my math is wrong. I thought Osteons carried Hardened Armor but they've also go Ferro Lamellor.

So the R-e Laser carriers do (9+9+4=22) against armor and (18+18+5=41) vs. the Osteon's reinforced structure.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, the dice are fickle. You can very quickly go from headshotting everybody to getting headshot by everybody. Sometimes you have a mission like Air Raid where the dice don't screw you on that specific mission, but they'll screw you eventually.

Just keep playing well and maybe you can deliver a solid punch to the Society's face.

I'm under the impression that the players have, for the last like 5-6 missions been operating under some extraordinary luck overall and that eventually there will be 5-6 missions with all the same players because the opfor will be headshotting them on turns 1-2.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Defiance Industries posted:

1. There's plenty of them

2. That ended up not happening. Peter was killed by WoB.

3. He and his successors are responsible for the LC of 3150 so if you think about it, he's not very smart at all.

I didn't specify Peter Steiner-Davion. The person in question that they tried to kill was Hanse Steiner in the 3098, though there was some speculation that the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus may have also had a hand in removing Peter from the throne during the Johad, though what their exact role was in that affair isn't known.

Also, by the point of 3150, Adam had been dead for 29 years, so it's kind of unfair to blame him for his successors managing to get Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon so pissed that them that the two clans pinched their realm in half.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Ice Fist posted:

I'm under the impression that the players have, for the last like 5-6 missions been operating under some extraordinary luck overall and that eventually there will be 5-6 missions with all the same players because the opfor will be headshotting them on turns 1-2.

Well, I think I'm up next game and last time I've been able to, in a single fire round, send 2 Heavy Lasers and 2 Gauss slugs into the same hill by hitting 4 times a leg locations on a partially covered...Chameleon? I think. So I think we'll see a reverse of fortune pretty soon.

In fact, we're being way too comfortable with this mission at the moment, PTN dices can always change their mind...

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

That Italian Guy posted:

Well, I think I'm up next game and last time I've been able to, in a single fire round, send 2 Heavy Lasers and 2 Gauss slugs into the same hill by hitting 4 times a leg locations on a partially covered...Chameleon? I think. So I think we'll see a reverse of fortune pretty soon.

In fact, we're being way too comfortable with this mission at the moment, PTN dices can always change their mind...

Hope for the best prepare for the worst. I think we've been doing a good job of supporting eachother and keeping move mods up and focus firing.

We could all be angry people in suits at the drop of a hag-30

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Honestly didn’t know that was an illegal move but It’s sorta cool especially if we each kill our new targets with cockpit hits.

If mine dies please leave in the push.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rorahusky posted:

I didn't specify Peter Steiner-Davion. The person in question that they tried to kill was Hanse Steiner in the 3098, though there was some speculation that the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus may have also had a hand in removing Peter from the throne during the Johad, though what their exact role was in that affair isn't known.

Also, by the point of 3150, Adam had been dead for 29 years, so it's kind of unfair to blame him for his successors managing to get Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon so pissed that them that the two clans pinched their realm in half.

That's not how it originally went and honestly I never bothered to revisit it. Maybe they did, but calling the BoC an ancient conspiracy when they were founded in the 3030s and their most powerful public member was the CO of a third-tier LCAF regiment is a big stretch. If they can't actually murder an Archon and instead failed to murder a kid with Down's, beating them up is... basically nothing.

Somehow I think giving away the Lyran Commonwealth's second most important military academy and multiple arms manufacturers is partly to blame for the massive military collapse of the Lyran Commonwealth.

Katherine might have been a dumbshit, but the death of the Somerset Steiners is the greatest service you can do for the realm

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 18, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

Maybe the ProtoMechs can combine into a Megazord to keep things interesting.

iATMs are still incredibly dangerous when I actually hit with them and the Osteon is immune to death by head hit.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's gonna be just like last time and it'll be everyone vs the Osteon but somehow still a stalemate

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

iATMs are still incredibly dangerous when I actually hit with them and the Osteon is immune to death by head hit.

Are the Society following ninja rules? Their power level is inversely related to their numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Well. If the ProtoMechs keep making the shooting phase take three hours (I just finished, time for crits!) I'm going to dumpster them and bring in a few more 'Mechs instead.

• Locked thread