Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I hope the mystery avatar benefactor comes back because the avatar the thread needs is Eonwe but spinny elephant in front of Crobear face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Peter.Quint posted:

So when's the next big date when nothing happens?

two weeks

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

So... they (both parties?) are advised to start active discovery, but defendents (CIG) are not required to respond to discovery until the scheduling order is issued (which is when?) so the request to deny (from CIG) is denied because its irrelevant anyway?

Next on Discovery, Glacial Movement.

Also welcome fellow traveller.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Star Citizer: therefore, is moot and denied on that basis.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Does anyone with some vague legal knowledge know if filing a moot motion like this is normal or a sign of incompetence?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh there's ways of dealing with that!
https://i.imgur.com/7ObT2OL.gifv

I thought MoMa had finally started posting good bekts but was sorely disappointed when I saw the username.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Chalks posted:

Does anyone with some vague legal knowledge know if filing a moot motion like this is normal or a sign of incompetence?

*writes an insane diatribe at least 2 000 words long about how "moot" is used improperly because its the second definition and nobody ever uses that word to describe this action*

Yo nirificusbot can I get an assist?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Virtual Captain posted:

RELAY: When do you think drinkable booze will be in-game?
:o:: been there for a long time in fact, couple years
:): yeah not in the PU though!
:o:: probably very soon considering you can do it in the hangar
:): I think it'll probably come around when we have the new health mechanics because they've been talking about new health yeah this is not happening this year but they've been talking about it in in the near future so that's happening for beta and if they really do want to push beta out sometime next year or 2020 which is what they seem to be implying heavily

Star Citizen: Not happening this year but in the near future

quote:

they've been talking about it in in the near future
Star Citizer: have been talking in the future.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beexoffel posted:

Star Citizer: have been talking in the future.

Great Scott! Yeah, this is heavy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Daztek posted:

MINUTES OF DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
http://docdro.id/vAoGioC

ORDER ON SUBMITTED MATTER
http://docdro.id/tx3rLrT

Zzzz

Tag yourself, I'm defense hours billed for a literally irrelevant measure

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

CIG strategy: Waste money to make them waste money and hopefully hide that we've wasted money

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Potato Salad posted:

IT IS SO ORDERED, reporting for duty :patriot:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

no_recall posted:

Is that in game yet? Anyone?

What game ?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

I'm the minutes

"Case called. Counsel make their appearance, Court hears argument."

Or in Latin* for you legal purists

"Causa dicitur. Consilio fac species suas, Court audit argumentum."

*Google translate Latin

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Sooo... The Discovery will continue, but the MTD has not yet been decided? Did I read that right? Somebody please translate this into English please.

Slow_Moe fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 18, 2018

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chalks posted:

It's neither - like everything else with Star Citizen, it is a show for the backers. CIG is basically taking a page from the WWE, but in court.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Iafeth posted:

What game?

Yep.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

I'm the Judge's rolling-eyes while overseeing a pointless court meeting that is summarised in 2 lines of minutes.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

It’s normal to attempt to swing the court to a more favourable position by argument.

poo poo won’t get interesting until discovery.

Slow_Moe posted:

Sooo... The Discovery will continue, but the MTD has not yet been decided? Did I read that right? Somebody please translate this into English please.

CiG are trying to make this go away and failed. The piece moves one step foward.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

I'm the Judge's rolling-eyes while overseeing a pointless court meeting that is summarised in 2 lines of minutes.

Seriously, if you want legal eyerolling, the Cohen stuff is great. Judges do it all the time.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The Titanic posted:

As expected I also have my own line of belt products. If you're wearing anything less in your kickstarter belt you've been taken for a ride.

drat, that falls into bullet proof plate territory

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

eonwe posted:

i saw someone got probated for posting anime in this thread

gently caress you beet wagon...also thanks for gifting me that game that one time

:argh::argh::argh:

eonwe posted:

im kidding beet wagon im sorry we fought

:glomp: I forgive you. You're still getting a bear probation, but I forgive you.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

The Honorable Magistrate Judge Frederick J Mumm, filing CIG's Motion To Stay:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

So, do they count my 3 RSI accounts i made over the last 2 years to the 2 mil? If so, then lol.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

MINUTES OF DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
http://docdro.id/vAoGioC

ORDER ON SUBMITTED MATTER
http://docdro.id/tx3rLrT

Zzzz

So... all of that stuff about the protective stay was completely pointless and CIG was just flinging spaghetti at the wall to see what noodles stuck? Cool. Extremely riveting stuff here.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

So... they (both parties?) are advised to start active discovery, but defendents (CIG) are not required to respond to discovery until the scheduling order is issued (which is when?) so the request to deny (from CIG) is denied because its irrelevant anyway?

CIG's lawyers apparently are new at this and got caught committing a true legaln00b mistake. They overplayed their hand and in the process got handed their rear end to go sit and think about it for a while. That and the undertones from the courts saying that they are not going to have a good time by throwing poo poo at the courts walls in the hopes that something sticks. The MtD is a dead motion walking at this moment. Not a good look for CIG.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chalks posted:

Everything to date from CIG has been an act of desperation. They have used some of the most boring and formal portions of these proceedings to literally try and have a Perry Mason moment to try and litigate the entire case in every single motion. Some lawyers pound the law. Some pound the truth. But then there are some lawyers that just pound the table. CIG's team is the latter. They have no credible defense. If they did, they would not be trying to use every parlor trick in the book to try and wiggle out from the light of day. They would openly welcome a trial to prove their innocence. That is the difference in what you are seeing here between the two teams here.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

*writes an insane diatribe at least 2 000 words long about how "moot" is used improperly because its the second definition and nobody ever uses that word to describe this action*

Shhhh. Relax little buddy. Derek's gone and his blogs won't be hurting you anymore. Okay pal?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

Shhhh. Relax little buddy. Derek's gone and his blogs won't be hurting you anymore. Okay pal?

He's talking about Gremlich (I think?) who legitimately argued that 'moot' didn't mean what we all know it means because the first definition is 'to meet' or some poo poo

:ssh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:rant:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Quavers posted:

A two minute hearing on a defendant filling extra poo poo won't break most judges poker faces.

Hav posted:

Seriously, if you want legal eyerolling, the Cohen stuff is great. Judges do it all the time.

Now, the "You've cited law incorrectly" quip was some good poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thank you for reading my April blog, that I have quoted above [April blog]. If you click my name in the quote above it will activate the link that will take you to my April blog.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hav posted:

It’s normal to attempt to swing the court to a more favourable position by argument.

Sure, but the situation here is that CIG filed a motion saying "but we don't want to have to do discovery yet" and the court response was "you already don't have to do discovery yet so go away". It doesn't seem to have changed the position, it just seems to have shown that CIG's lawyers don't know how discovery works.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mirificus posted:

Moot

Planet

[sic]

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

For someone that bills themselves as a linguist. He REALLY sucks at it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Never not post this when Kanye comes up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1eU3QAsbE

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

CIG's lawyers apparently are new at this and got caught committing a true legaln00b mistake. They overplayed their hand and in the process got handed their rear end to go sit and think about it for a while. That and the undertones from the courts saying that they are not going to have a good time by throwing poo poo at the courts walls in the hopes that something sticks. The MtD is a dead motion walking at this moment. Not a good look for CIG.

Yeah, but what does Leonard J. French say about it? I've heard that he's a very respected youtube lawyer.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

starcraft_stimpak.mp3

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

starcraft_stimpak.wav

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Thank you for reading my April blog, that I have quoted above [April blog]. If you click my name in the quote above it will activate the link that will take you to my April blog.

You didn't tweet then post the tweet here.
Then post 20 more tweets.
You still have a lot of work to get up to Derek posting levels, my friend.