Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

RG3 not really great at the whole "delivering on a challenge" thing, though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Vikings/Eagles as season opener please. Hopefully the Vikings fans will have stopped :qq:ing about how unfair it was that the Eagles shithoused them at their own stadium by then.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remember when the NFL schedule was just quietly released? Now it's a 2 hour gala event with a trickle reveal

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

Vikings/Eagles as season opener please. Hopefully the Vikings fans will have stopped :qq:ing about how unfair it was that the Eagles shithoused them at their own stadium by then.

Didnt they already release this like a month ago and said that this would be the season opener?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
maybe you’re the real cry baby for still caring what vikings fans say

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

maybe you’re the real cry baby for still caring what vikings fans say

:qq:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah exactly

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

They should have a draft each year and thats how the schedules should be determined...it would be a cluster gently caress but it would be great

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

They should have a draft each year and thats how the schedules should be determined...it would be a cluster gently caress but it would be great

Rotate the city each year so everyone gets a chance to boo Goodell at that draft as well.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

spanky69 posted:

Rotate the city each year so everyone gets a chance to boo Goodell at that draft as well.

Have each crowd sectioned off into respective fanbases, have each section have its own noise-o-meter and whichever fan section boos the loudest gets to host next year. Hosts cant host back to back.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 18, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Have each crowd sectioned off into Fans, have each section have its own noise-o-meter and whichever fan section boos the loudest gets to host next year. Hosts cant host back to back.
In.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CyberPingu posted:

But only if you can trade draft picks in it.

You're in win-now mode? See if Cleveland or whoever will trade the easiest schedule in the league for a first.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Randaconda posted:

But only if you can trade draft picks in it.

You're in win-now mode? See if Cleveland or whoever will trade the easiest schedule in the league for a first.

That would actually be pretty cool...

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Have each crowd sectioned off into respective fanbases, have each section have its own noise-o-meter and whichever fan section boos the loudest gets to host next year. Hosts cant host back to back.

Sold.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember when the NFL schedule was just quietly released? Now it's a 2 hour gala event with a trickle reveal

Gotta do something on Thursdays to get hype for football on Thursday.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

fsif posted:

There is no cornier motherfucker on the face of this earth.

https://twitter.com/jjwatt/status/986393405432455168?s=21

Babs Bush was an evil old poo poo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

axeil posted:

I'd watch out, that team is going to be dangerous with a better passing QB, their star running back returning and everyone else still there. That will be a great game.

And guys, relax on the Wentz fellatio. His team winning the super bowl makes him likely worse than he looked, not better. He's not the end all be all of quarterbacks, at least not yet, and he wasn't even the best QB last season. If he had played every game at the same pace he would've been eighth on the list between Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith in yards passing. He's really good but there are several really good QBs in this league

a new study bible! posted:

Babs Bush was an evil old poo poo.

:yeah:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Philly NYC Philly NYC Philly NYC Philly NYC

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pretty sure NE would be in the mix too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure NE would be in the mix too.
Not once Brady dies/Belichick retires.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

And guys, relax on the Wentz fellatio. His team winning the super bowl makes him likely worse than he looked, not better. He's not the end all be all of quarterbacks, at least not yet, and he wasn't even the best QB last season. If he had played every game at the same pace he would've been eighth on the list between Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith in yards passing. He's really good but there are several really good QBs in this league

:yeah:

ah yes passing yards, the true evaluation of a QB's success and subsequent ranking. Wentz was drat near a lock for MVP until he tore his ACL and is a huge reason the Eagles were in a position to win the super bowl.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

On the other hand, if we are using MVP consideration as the standard, reflect on the fact that Tom Brady won while being an indisputable fraud of a quarterback.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
System QBs win MVP all the time, look at Peyton Manning

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DariusLikewise posted:

System QBs win MVP all the time, look at Peyton Manning

I'm so loving triggered right now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dubious posted:

ah yes passing yards, the true evaluation of a QB's success and subsequent ranking. Wentz was drat near a lock for MVP until he tore his ACL and is a huge reason the Eagles were in a position to win the super bowl.

It's one legitimate way to evaluate a QB and when a player comes in eighth you might reconsider that he's the best in the league.

He also came in 25th in comp %, 8th in int %, 11th in y/att and 11th in net y/att. His touchdowns thrown, touchdown % and QBR (due to the touchdowns) were absolutely elite and make a decent case for MVP. Of course he put them in position to go to the super bowl, but he didn't take them there and the fact that they won without him points towards a latent advantage.

Look all I said was maybe calm down a little on declaring him the second coming of football jesus, that's all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Couldn't they just give Tim Couch a check instead of making him relive the trauma?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2OqS0rUQM

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/986681333614305280

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

Look all I said was maybe calm down a little on declaring him the second coming of football jesus, that's all.

Seriously. That's clearly Jimmy G, not Wentz.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
charlie whitehurst retired?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

charlie whitehurst retired?

You're thinking Clipboard Jesus. Keep up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Coldforge posted:

Seriously. That's clearly Jimmy G, not Wentz.

I have a feeling by the end of this season I am really going to hate Brady for costing us Jimmy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I have a feeling by the end of this season I am really going to hate Brady for costing us Jimmy.

It's cool, the Niners will probably trade the 9 pick for the Pat's two firsts; you'll get Rosen and everyone will continue to hate your drat luck.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The best option would be for both to suck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JonG_117/status/985240437865762816

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pats fans hating Brady for losing Jimmy would be the most Pats fan thing I could think of.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Pats fans hating Brady for losing Jimmy would be the most Pats fan thing I could think of.

There won't be any pats fans soon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

inshallah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted: