Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i remember some random goon telling me jack queen king 3 was good but with such a dumb final perk i never bothered trying it. it feels super nice actually

probably betty, he's been stanning for that thing super hard since the last patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Got a masterwork timewornspire from my first banner package and now I feel loved. drat it’s a fun gun to be aggressive with in the glorious chaos of 6v6

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Use the sliding perk. Slide before every gun fight and slide to get a quick load when you dont have time for a full reload.

When i have that gun on im pretty much in a constant state of sliding and it works well.

QD feels weak and pointless on that gun

Using the sliding perk now and it's... I mean, the other sliding perk has an icon on the screen and maybe makes a noise, yeah? It does something to indicate that it's active, how long it will be active, etc.

It's cool tho, I play Bungie games and therefore am used to living in an insane, gaslit world.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hunter Shadowshot desperately needs to tether enemies immediately given that Titans and Warlocks are now just jetting by them now without getting snagged.

Also, It's time for dodge to be removed as Hunter class ability and replaced with something new in a world where Shoulder Charge must be preserved as a bastion of gamers mastering something in a way which gives unintended benefit. That's precisely why Shadestep went from two in a single moment to one every few seconds to a couple a minute, for the same reasoning SC was nerfed. And now with 1.1.4 it's had most remaining utility removed.

Hunters are the slowest class, super loving lol, and Nightstalkers with a Super which can be escaped easily and shot to death from afar, and when it snags it gives, what, a 15% damage boost or something sad.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

nightstalkers ran the game for like seven months and they should stay bad for the rest of the games lifespan so I don't need to deal with their purple bullshit

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

6's is pretty good, but needs some balance help. Games seemed to mostly be a 1 way affair, with you or the other team stomping until the mercy rule activates. I played 7-8 games and I only had one competitive game where both teams were over 100 at the end.

I like to use main ingredient as my heavy, but with the extra players I ended up switching to a rocket launcher to deny capture points to avoid leaving ammo for enemies . Colony is still obnoxious for spamming points.

Lag seemed to be worse for me. I would take damage and drop behind cover, and more than once the entire second vigilance wing burst would go through cover to kill me. I still think precision framed ARs have too much range, but I am used to Halo AR that miss beyond shotgun range.

Games were more chaotic, which is better than boring rear end 4V4.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Problem with games and being competitive tho is that Control has been three different games in the last year alone, being the final D1 iteration, D2 base, and now D2 6s, each with their own rules and nuance. Even good players are getting a bit lost as it seems bad players with little strategy are hitting on the basic winning note of, capture zones. If you don't have two zones, don't get into a fight. Teamshooting has actual teams more sticking together and playing bully but they only have one zone, and then none. D2 base also seems to have forcibly caused people to forget to DEFEND a zone, like it even says to do when you look at it, in exchange for running in a circle capping zones with their team, perpetually playing Cat & Mouse with the other team doing the same poo poo. People are even forgetting to cap their home spawn zone at the beginning of matches, or the lot of them capping when it's explicitly stated 3 stack is max benefit.

There's so much different, old, forgotten, new to some, that yeah, I'm not surprised at all by some of the more surprising match results.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't having any lag issues, and I'm playing on PC with like 1/10 of the playerbase :shrug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Didn't really have much lag and out of the twenty games I played there was a single mercy.

:shrug:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 18, 2018

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I hope the entire crucible team is taunting Lars Bakken all day every day for how much better 6v6 is and how it's reignited the community.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nobody has lag issues because nobody has a red bar

Also I punched a guy with a fraction of health 4 or 5 times yesterday and he turned around and owned me like Agent Smith

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

it's reignited the community.

Has it?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

My 12 year old says "only scrubs play D2."

Game is truly dead and gay.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Last_Taste posted:

6's is pretty good, but needs some balance help. Games seemed to mostly be a 1 way affair, with you or the other team stomping until the mercy rule activates. I played 7-8 games and I only had one competitive game where both teams were over 100 at the end.

I like to use main ingredient as my heavy, but with the extra players I ended up switching to a rocket launcher to deny capture points to avoid leaving ammo for enemies . Colony is still obnoxious for spamming points.

Lag seemed to be worse for me. I would take damage and drop behind cover, and more than once the entire second vigilance wing burst would go through cover to kill me. I still think precision framed ARs have too much range, but I am used to Halo AR that miss beyond shotgun range.

Games were more chaotic, which is better than boring rear end 4V4.

I played last night and only had 2 mercy rule games, one of which was due to like 3 people not doing anything. I was solo queuing and the games seemed pretty competitive to me and I didn't have any noticeable lag though I did have like 4 games just die during queue right at the beginning. Uriels still seems to be everywhere.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it is lmao that d2 still will put six solo players against a six stack because their hidden mmr says it will be a close game

lmao gently caress off idiots

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Literally the only lag I've ever seen in d2 has been in the 15 games of 6v6 I've now played. I'd believe that the move to 4v4 was for network health purposes.

Also a review of my matches on Grindr destinytracker.com says that every single match was a 75%+ favor one way or the other. Certainly felt that way!

In conclusion, 6v6 is fun even though their sbmm and cbmm poop the bed

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it'd be very funny if they cranked up the sbmm lopsidedness to 11 only for 6's so they could later say "see, we told you 6's was bad"

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

it'd be very funny if they cranked up the sbmm lopsidedness to 11 only for 6's so they could later say "see, we told you 6's was bad"

It's funny that you say this because I theorized last night that they left in one of the maps (forget which) for the very same reason. It also doesn't seem like Midtown is in there, I think that would be one of the better maps for 6s

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it is lmao that d2 still will put six solo players against a six stack because their hidden mmr says it will be a close game

lmao gently caress off idiots

Exactly this, my friend and I got teamed with a group of 3 versus a group of 5 and the individual skill kept it close until the supers came up and you could just hear them calling them out and rolling us.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good fax machine posted:

It's funny that you say this because I theorized last night that they left in one of the maps (forget which) for the very same reason. It also doesn't seem like Midtown is in there, I think that would be one of the better maps for 6s

midtown is in rotation

it does indeed work quite well for 6's

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

the good fax machine posted:

It also doesn't seem like Midtown is in there, I think that would be one of the better maps for 6s

I played enough to complete the challenges on all 3 classes yesterday, didn't see midtown once. I saw alot of Shores of Time, Burning Shrine, and the castle/ketch map(forget the name).

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"Crucible is laggy"

pause your torrents

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

There is something particularly great about wasting the rest of your super time to teabag

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
here's the new Skyburner's Oath, finally as cool as its lore

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/986652481814872065

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

cvnvcnv posted:

1.1.4 feedback:

Hunter Shadowshot desperately needs to tether enemies immediately given that Titans and Warlocks are now just jetting by them now without getting snagged.

Also, It's time for dodge to be removed as Hunter class ability and replaced with something new in a world where Shoulder Charge must be preserved as a bastion of gamers mastering something in a way which gives unintended benefit. That's precisely why Shadestep went from two in a single moment to one every few seconds to a couple a minute, for the same reasoning SC was nerfed. And now with 1.1.4 it's had most remaining utility removed.

Hunters are the slowest class, super loving lol, and Nightstalkers with a Super which can be escaped easily and shot to death from afar, and when it snags it gives, what, a 15% damage boost or something sad.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

nightstalkers are built around anti-fun and can stay bad for the rest of d2 and all of d3

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ElNarez posted:

down sites

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ElNarez posted:

Yeah that's more like it. If it still overpenetrates that'll be grand.

Thoughts:

Fourth class/element
Four v Four v Four v Four
8v8
Four gun slots?

:thunk:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 18, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i had forgotten how loving aggravating it is to get double kills in this game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Angry Walrus posted:

nightstalkers are built around anti-fun and can stay bad for the rest of d2 and all of d3
anything that helps make them less used in mayhem is ok by me

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/15LqUKS.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Hello old friend.

I think every fogets just how bad D1's lag could get.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
For sale, Two thumbs, never used

how to unlock hunter blink?

Come on and SLAM, and welcome to the -Oh fuuuuuuck

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
you forgot to post the one where i saved your rear end from that poo poo heel maining quickfang

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Its so loving annoying falling off that ledge. Getting stuck on those stupid tree braches and poo poo

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Its so loving annoying falling off that ledge.

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/L61ssZy.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This except you survive the impact and get killed by the sparrow landing next to you and exploding

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

This except you survive the impact and get killed by the sparrow landing next to you and exploding

i thnk i have an entire imgur page of gifs of me dying in this exact spot all slightly different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Page 777 and people are posting gifs and no one is bitching, it is a bungie miracle