Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Our season only lasted five games so kinda.

That would make ten games two seasons!! Now that's what I call utility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
What crime spree will our next first round linebacker go on? Generic alcohol fueled violence is getting boring, hope he robs a bank or perpetrates some elaborate fraud scheme. Maybe involving bitcoin, since the team wants to be silicon valley.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Michael Bennett would just read books during team meetings because he had already heard what Pete Carroll was talking about. Pete Carroll has gotten to that old age point where he's telling the same story over and over, and I'm starting to think it's time for him to retire!

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

seiferguy posted:

Apparently Michael Bennett would just read books during team meetings because he had already heard what Pete Carroll was talking about. Pete Carroll has gotten to that old age point where he's telling the same story over and over, and I'm starting to think it's time for him to retire!

Didn't Sherman say similar? Even suggesting Pete go back to college where you can get away with telling the same stories over and over because every few years is a whole new batch of kids.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheFace posted:

Didn't Sherman say similar? Even suggesting Pete go back to college where you can get away with telling the same stories over and over because every few years is a whole new batch of kids.

Pretty much, yeah.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's only so many times you can watch the same Loose Change power point.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I was surprised that Pete Carroll is sticking around through a season where so many players are being released or traded from the Seahawks tbh

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm almost certain this is Pete's last year one way or another, I think the bigger question is what becomes of Schneider especially if he whiffs on this draft

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pete Carroll's strategy worked for college, and it worked once in the NFL, but he doesn't know how to retain dudes longer than 4 years since he expects turnover like college. But yeah I think he's done after this one. He's got 2 years on his deal, and I doubt he will want to be a lame duck.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Pete Carroll's strategy worked for college, and it worked once in the NFL, but he doesn't know how to retain dudes longer than 4 years since he expects turnover like college. But yeah I think he's done after this one. He's got 2 years on his deal, and I doubt he will want to be a lame duck.

What? It didn't work "once" in the NFL. It consistently worked. He is extremely skilled at developing defensive players to their fullest. Then there was a dearth of talent for a few drafts and that finally caught up with the team this year.

Pete has his warts, like all coaches. But outside of Belichick, he's in the top cluster of best coaches.

Again, outside of BB, who would we be able to get that's a clear upgrade?

e: If good players don't want to listen to him speak after they've been developed into good players, that is a-ok with me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pete is really old, his team is looking at a significant rebuild, as he just hired two disgraced coordinators to lead his offense and defense. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say his career is winding down.

Seattle’s best player outside of Earl is Russell, and it would probably be smart for them to hire someone who wants to build around him rather than hope for another string of incredible defensive drafts to replace the dudes that are gone or going.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

e: If good players don't want to listen to him speak after they've been developed into good players, that is a-ok with me.

Why that sounds lame and frustraiting to be a part of and I'm sure it effects morale. I don't think that should be okay.

It pisses me off when regular people tell me the same poo poo over and over again, I think we should hold nfl head coaches to a slightly higher standard. And players blatantly ignoring you is not a good look for a coach

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Pete is really old, his team is looking at a significant rebuild, as he just hired two disgraced coordinators to lead his offense and defense. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say his career is winding down.

Seattle’s best player outside of Earl is Russell, and it would probably be smart for them to hire someone who wants to build around him rather than hope for another string of incredible defensive drafts to replace the dudes that are gone or going.

I agree his OC choice is baffling, and I agree Pete's career is winding down, and I'm not arguing Pete is perfect. But who is a better HC replacement? Who is available that you are pining to see coach Seattle?

Further, it's not a significant rebuild. The team needs a RB, LG, CB2, and TE. That's it. Everything else is Depth. It's also entirely possible that we have our RB on the roster already, we just aren't sure because they were decimated by injuries.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The Seahawks RB position is cursed, ever since Marshawn left. I would be amazed if we made it through this season with any consistency at RB.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Peachfart posted:

The Seahawks RB position is cursed, ever since Marshawn left. I would be amazed if we made it through this season with any consistency at RB.

Current cursed positions in the NFL:

Seahawks RB is basically the same as the Saints LB position; doesn't matter how much potential or talent you have, you're guaranteed to flame out and go nowhere.

49ers LB, of course, will be an all star who self destructs. Similar, but different.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

The team has been competitive for like 7 years. .. I dont know if that counts as "once". We will really see if it translates to the next round of dudes who will be asked to step up this season. I do think that this draft is the make or break for the PC/JS team. I bet he coaches out through his contract and if the team continues to regress then hands over the keys. I do think the team can make the playoffs next year. It is not just completely devoid of talent like the 2010 team pete inherited. We will see how it all pans out. I am actually excited to rid myself "if not deep playoffs its a bad season" expectation. I think it will be a lot of fun seeing who (if) some unestablished players step up

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Seahawks playing a game at New Tottenham Stadium/ New White Hart Lane

E: against Raiders.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

algebra testes posted:

Seahawks playing a game at New Tottenham Stadium/ New White Hart Lane

E: against Raiders.

(Insert Adderall joke here)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, the NFL has fully acknowledged that both the Raiders and the Seahawks are terrible teams this year

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

The team has been competitive for like 7 years. .. I dont know if that counts as "once". We will really see if it translates to the next round of dudes who will be asked to step up this season. I do think that this draft is the make or break for the PC/JS team. I bet he coaches out through his contract and if the team continues to regress then hands over the keys. I do think the team can make the playoffs next year. It is not just completely devoid of talent like the 2010 team pete inherited. We will see how it all pans out. I am actually excited to rid myself "if not deep playoffs its a bad season" expectation. I think it will be a lot of fun seeing who (if) some unestablished players step up

The team has been a step down ever since they won the Super Bowl. Carroll took over in 2010, took the team to the playoffs on a weak NFCW, then churned the roster more for 2011 to toward the end everyone could see that there was a good core going, strikes gold in 2012 with Wilson and Wagner in the draft then wins the SB in 2013. This more or less works with a college cycle.

Since then, they haven't drafted well (though the last draft might turn out good even without Malik) and the team has gotten consistently worse. A team with our talent should have made the playoffs at least with a wildcard. At the same time, the veterans are getting bored and not buying into it, which means that he's not been able to adjust past a 4 year cycle. On top of that, he hired coordinators that are old school who didn't adjust their playstyles very well with their personnel. It's just hard to feel confident in him now like I did after the 2012 season.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

The team has been a step down ever since they won the Super Bowl. Carroll took over in 2010, took the team to the playoffs on a weak NFCW, then churned the roster more for 2011 to toward the end everyone could see that there was a good core going, strikes gold in 2012 with Wilson and Wagner in the draft then wins the SB in 2013. This more or less works with a college cycle.

Since then, they haven't drafted well (though the last draft might turn out good even without Malik) and the team has gotten consistently worse. A team with our talent should have made the playoffs at least with a wildcard. At the same time, the veterans are getting bored and not buying into it, which means that he's not been able to adjust past a 4 year cycle. On top of that, he hired coordinators that are old school who didn't adjust their playstyles very well with their personnel. It's just hard to feel confident in him now like I did after the 2012 season.

The 2014 team was better than the 2013 team, they just suffered injuries at the worst time.

They've been competitive for the better part of a decade.

In 2017 half the starting defense and all the starting rbs were injured. Barely missing the playoffs is fine.

The veterans may or may not be bored, but when healthy they were continuing to produce at a high level so who cares.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
"This team is not performing at the same level as one of the best superbowl performances in history, ergo everything is trash and we need a complete rebuild"

This is ridiculous and approaching "decade of spectacular failure" levels.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Seahawks fans bickering about how bad their team is/has been is extremely my jam.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Seahawks, they are bad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

Better than your dumb 49ers bub!!!

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Spoeank posted:

to the bone?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Better than your dumb 49ers bub!!!

Richard Sherman will continue his niners-seahawks rivalry winning streak :hawksin:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Richard Sherman will continue his niners-seahawks rivalry winning streak :hawksin:

jfc everything about this post melts my brain

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Jimmy G is a mirage

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Jimmy G is a mirage

He's gonna be real good, OP.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

"This team is not performing at the same level as one of the best superbowl performances in history, ergo everything is trash and we need a complete rebuild"

This is ridiculous and approaching "decade of spectacular failure" levels.

That's not what I was saying. There's plenty of talent on this team. It's fair to argue if it's been used effectively by the coordinators given our lackluster finish. The team has also almost always led the league in penalties since PC has been coach. I've felt a lot of this falls on coaching. Yeah, our secondary all died in a TNF game, but injuries impact every team.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

That's not what I was saying. There's plenty of talent on this team. It's fair to argue if it's been used effectively by the coordinators given our lackluster finish. The team has also almost always led the league in penalties since PC has been coach. I've felt a lot of this falls on coaching. Yeah, our secondary all died in a TNF game, but injuries impact every team.
Seattle led the league in penalties both times we went to the super bowl. Again, who cares?

Saying injuries impact every team... okay? Find a 2017 team that had more injuries to star players that performed better than Seattle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seahawks being bad means less LWB/AAC/DFG around, which is 1000000% good and frankly more of you should welcome this new brave world we're in

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

As much as I hate it, Sherman deserves a win over the Seahawks. He’s earned it, he deserves it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seattle led the league in penalties both times we went to the super bowl. Again, who cares?

Saying injuries impact every team... okay? Find a 2017 team that had more injuries to star players that performed better than Seattle.

The Eagles lost their starting MLB and LT, Wentz, Sproles, and about half a season of their CB1. They did pretty well!

Seattle’s injured star players were Sherman, Chancellor and Avril, and one of those guys is gone and the other two have career threatening neck injuries, so this year doesn’t look much rosier for them.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Schedule's out.

Why the gently caress are we facing the Packers for the upteenth time? We're not even division rivals! :rant:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benny the Snake posted:

Schedule's out.

Why the gently caress are we facing the Packers for the upteenth time? We're not even division rivals! :rant:

It's important that we play the entire NFC North, every year.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Bidwill does nice thing

quote:

When the departure of the Los-Angeles-bound Rams left the St. Louis group without a key piece of funding for its annual high school football awards dinner, the son of Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill cut a $10,000 check to make sure local kids got a chance to dress up nice and celebrate a job well done.

It could have ended there.

“So you don’t have to go through this every year, why don’t we put together a three-year contract?” Bidwill told Bunton.

Bunton said he asked his partner one more question after he received the good news.

“Michael, can you picture Stan Kroenke calling me?”

Both men laughed at that thought.

someone's angling for some lost fans.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benny the Snake posted:

Schedule's out.

The Fail Mary condemned you to eternal warfare with Green Bay. I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

Schedule's out.

Rams: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/RAMS

The Rams stay on the west coast for six of their first seven games. Their furthest they travel in the first eight weeks are to Denver and Green Bay until week nine when they go to New Orleans, which is the furthest they travel this year. MUCH less travel than the last two years.

Five prime time games (three away, two at home). :ohdear:

• Locked thread