Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

trucutru posted:

Some of the bigger morons think it will be SC so, well, they are morons, but they are indeed in the ground floor.

And they are all waiting for an elevator that will never come.

E: Taxxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

God it's just a 5 minute comedy of errors, each bug and mechanic more ridiculous than the last. How can anyone make a straight-faced video about this as though any newcomer was going to watch it and not run away screaming?

Batgirl talks about the exciting gameplay opportunities afforded during the beautiful planetary approaches...

“There is so much you can do while you approach planets. I do schoolwork, work before I go into work, or get up for coffee. See how beautiful the views are?”

This is why I believe the core faithful are pre-wired for a “spectacular muddle” endgame. This whole video shows how little she expects from the gameplay. She has her beautiful ships, enjoys the scenery, finds picking up and carrying 20 boxes one at a time from a far away shipwreck a satisfying experience.

The free fly player who spawned a Freelancer hull because he didn’t know better then accidentally grabbed her ship and experienced the flight equivalent of a grand mal seizure is Joe Q. Gamer. He was no doubt having his own version of an “Am I Too Stupid to Play Star Citizen?” experience and the answer now is the same Mr. MacArthur merited, “No, the game is too stupid to be played.”

MacArthur, god rest his soul, gave CIG everything they needed to hear about the new player experience, for he too was a Free Fly tirekicker. I mean this was over two years ago and the experience is still utterly confusing and without purpose, now at much greater scale with worse server performance. And during that time surely $70+ million more flowed into CIG’s coffers, with apparently precious little budgeted for making the experience a sensible, compelling one for those not afflicted with compulsive spending problems and a Pokémon collector impulse for high poly, high dollar spacepixel assets.

Man I wish Chris had to Livestream himself playing the game once a week. The shame and frustration of looking like a dumbass over and over, the inability to do basic things like communicate easily with others, the ten minutes of chair sitting to approach a planet. If his ego and vanity were at stake constantly week in and out he’d surely discover the strange urgency to de-crapify some of these longstanding insufficiences.

But no.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Because the good games are already covered by the good (either charismatic, funny, lucky, or skilled) streamers. As such, the only way for a mediocre streamer to make it big (as part of the "lucky" type) is to be on the ground floor of the next big thing, and who knows what the gently caress that's going to be. Some of the bigger morons think it will be SC so, well, they are morons, but they are indeed in the ground floor.
it's always the ground if you never add another floor

ColonoscopyExp
Apr 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

I guess I'm out of the loop because I don't really watch daily streamers. I'd much, much rather watch someone like Chip Cheezum or Helloween pick apart an interesting game from ten years ago. I can't imagine trying to launch an internet showbiz career off the back of an alpha video game. At least have some charisma before you try!

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be locked until the pilot gets in first but surprise surprise, that code is no longer working.

Yea its a brave new world out there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

I guess I'm out of the loop because I don't really watch daily streamers. I'd much, much rather watch someone like Chip Cheezum or Helloween pick apart an interesting game from ten years ago. I can't imagine trying to launch an internet showbiz career off the back of an alpha video game. At least have some charisma before you try!

Well, they saw some of the streamers that got big playing Heartstone or such and, quite frankly, they are not wrong in believing that "I can do that!". Problem is that games with a low barrier to entry that also become popular are pretty loving rare. (not that a blizzard game will ever not be popular at launch).

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Wuxi posted:

I mean, lets not get ahead of ourselves, its literally what you did.

You know on the one hand I want to say something sarcastic like "That's a novel angle thank you for bringing it to my attention." Hurrrr two years ago you thought maybe this thing was going to come out after all, then on further reflection realized you were wrong and bailed, and publicly talked about it, you loving idiot! Boy am I glad you managed to polish up that little gem before serving it all to us on the sparkling platter of your wit.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be this thread if people didn't constantly kick up old turds like the world's nastiest catbox, and it was pretty stupid, and it doesn't really bother me to be reminded that I sometimes am guilty of wishful thinking about video games. But it's just so tedious you know? Given that there were people, not even a week ago in this thread, talking about buying accounts and meeting up in-game for whatever reason, but a mistake from two goddamn years ago is still the thread meme.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I made friends probably with a goon :negative:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

Seems like its normally the judge that issues the scheduling order anyway: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_16

The December 13th Stand Order is literally the guidebook for the particular court - I don't have a scribd link, but it's Case 2:17-cv-08937-DMG-FFM Document 14;

quote:

11. ORDER SETTING SCHEDULING CONFERENCE
Pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P.16(b), the Court will issue an Order setting a Scheduling Conference as required by Fed. R. Civ. P. 26 and the Local Rules of this Court. Strict compliance with Fed. R. Civ. P. 16 and 26 is required.

Sarsapariller posted:

still the thread meme.

So, you don't have any ships?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime is

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

his nibs posted:

I made friends probably with a goon :negative:

Wait....There is cupping going on here? And I wasn't offered any? MODS!!!!!!!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

So, you don't have any ships?

I got out everything they'd refund me for- sold most in fall 2015 and refunded the rest, along with the "Buy back in" crap in spring 2016. I still have an account with a gladius on it, because they were prickly about it and it wasn't worth small claims court over the $60 or whatever that thing cost. For some reason I'm still on their concierge list, and the last time I played was that free-fly test thing they did for concierge people only, back when they rolled planets out. I wrote about it in here. I haven't been to their official site in a long time now, I refuse to click "Yes" on the like 20 ToS changes that pop up if I try.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

You know on the one hand I want to say something sarcastic
I mean, lets not get ahead of ourselves, its literally what you did.

eonwe posted:

anime is
Holy gently caress, eonwe has returned. Does this mean apocalypse is upon us?

Oh wait no, the second horseman has been banned for doxxing. End times averted.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I guess what consistently blows my loving mind about streamers is this- wouldn't you, like, find a good game first? Or at least one that generates interesting videos? I could see Star Citizen being a really popular stream if you basically just got hammered off your rear end, griefed people, and laughed at glitches. But trying to actually play it for reals and pretend that this is all very serious professional bzns please subscribe is the height of lunacy to me. There's basically one level, and nothing works! How can you hope to make even an hour's worth of fun content out of that?

Two things: getting hammered off your rear end and griefing people is actually still unfun in Star Citizen just because of how loving lovely the game itself is. And also, streamers operate mainly on "hype" and or their own personal brand. That's how you end up getting guys going in hard on poo poo like Destiny 2 even if it sucks (full disclosure I thought Destiny 2 was good but also tbf I haven't launched it since... yeah okay it's bad)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hey what happens if your spaceship that you paid thousands of real life currency for --- gets destroyed in game? Are you just out of luck?

This assumes a real game exists etc etc

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

No one knows, not even CIG.

Although it's not like it's a core aspect of gameplay or anything, so nothing to worry about.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Glenn Quebec posted:

Hey what happens if your spaceship that you paid thousands of real life currency for --- gets destroyed in game? Are you just out of luck?

CIG is taking care that that will never happen.

Good guy CIG.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you'll never get to find out what happens because the game will never be in a state where it can happen

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Stealing from Discord: pgabz spotted in ship-griefing training camp.
https://i.imgur.com/EyoVn1y.gifv

ColonoscopyExp
Apr 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

He's so angry jesus.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Streamer quality is improving at least

https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiIntelligentWitchDoggo

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCrispyConsoleBabyRage

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

JugbandDude posted:

"Oh and now the game is going to despawn the ship and tele-transport the players back to the station, because this is what totally happens in high fidelity simulations"

Imagine having your career so hopelessly tied to this tech demo you have to say these things to be able to cope with the harsh reality.

On one hand you have ships with crazy complex joints and gears, all independently animated for maximous fidelicious.

One the other hand, ships spawn out of thin air and can despawn in space for no logical reason other than a hidden timer running out. While you're still controlling it.

Priorities, guys. Priorities.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

I got out everything they'd refund me for- sold most in fall 2015 and refunded the rest, along with the "Buy back in" crap in spring 2016. I still have an account with a gladius on it, because they were prickly about it and it wasn't worth small claims court over the $60 or whatever that thing cost. For some reason I'm still on their concierge list, and the last time I played was that free-fly test thing they did for concierge people only, back when they rolled planets out. I wrote about it in here. I haven't been to their official site in a long time now, I refuse to click "Yes" on the like 20 ToS changes that pop up if I try.

I know it's just lovely record keeping on CIG's part that keeps you on their concierge list after you refunded but I want to believe that they realized how dumb you are for going four figures deep again after refunding the game the first time and they want to keep an eye on you for the inevitable third buy in.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Glenn Quebec posted:

I believe you currently have to wait 8 hours or so until the A.I. insurance agents approve your claim, or you can spend all of your virtual currency to expedite things. If they ever add persistence, and you don't have insurance, you'll probably have to contact customer support while sobbing uncontrollably.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

Whatever you believe will happen in your fantasies about the game will be the reality. This is true for all backers. The fact that the backers and CIG can't (or refuse to) understand what a problem this is, is frankly mind-boggling.

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Tippis posted:

SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

It wasn't a serious question, but I appreciate it. {{hug}}

Now, because VictorianQueerLit was missing the 10,000 word legal opinions, I present a reformatted and slightly more easy to read version of Skadden's initial discovery request as bitched about by CiG's counsel. Note that the courts have ignored comment on this thus far, because you're supposed to follow the bloody guidelines even if you disagree.

quote:

1) All COMMUNICATIONS between CRYTEK and DEFENDANTS, whether by e-mail, private messaging, or forum posts, exchange of media, or file transfer protocol, and all DOCUMENTS incorporating or referencing those COMMUNICATIONS, including but not limited to e-mail chains forwarding those COMMUNICATIONS in whole or in part or commenting on those COMMUNICATIONS.

2) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all COMMUNICATIONS between Chris Roberts and Ortwin Freyermuth CONCERNING the PRODUCTS, any game engine including but not limited to CRYENGINE, or the formation of DEFENDANTS.

3) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS that refer to any game engine including but not limited to CRYENGINE.

4) All direct and indirect contracts and agreements between DEFENDANTS and Chris Roberts.

5) All direct and indirect contracts and agreements between DEFENDANTS and Ortwin Freyermuth.

6) All versions of source code, object code, or software associated with the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to versions contained in electronic work directories, shared drives, common directories, or libraries.

7) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS that originated at CRYTEK, or are derived from DOCUMENTS that originated at CRYTEK, including by way of example CRYENGINE.

8) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS CONCERNING any representations made by DEFENDANTS to any party regarding ownership of intellectual property in the PRODUCTS.

9) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the Game License Agreement dated November 20, 2012, including but not limited to the Game License Agreement itself and any exhibits or amendments thereto.

10) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the Licensing Terms Sheet dated October 6, 2012, including but not limited to the Licensing Terms Sheet itself.

11) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained therein, all contracts or agreements between the DEFENDANTS and CRYTEK and all DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING those contracts or agreements.

12) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING requests for technology, source code, object code, software, animations, images, advice, information, or assistance from CRYTEK or its current or former employees, including but not limited to all COMMUNICATIONS from CRYTEK responding to any such requests.

13) All DOCUMENTS sufficient to identify and reflect the organizational structure of DEFENDANTS, including but not limited to company directories, and 4 the identification of corporate and/or business departments, whether formally or informally delineated, total number of employees, and each employee's title, job description, and reporting chain.

14) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the corporate structure and relationship between and among
Cloud Imperium Games Corp.;
Roberts Space Industries Corp.;
Cloud Imperium Games, LLC;
Cloud Imperium LLC;
Cloud Imperium Rights, LLC,
Roberts Space Industries LLC,
Cloud Imperium Services, LLC,
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC,
Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited,
Cloud Imperium Rights LLC,
Foundry 42 Limited,
Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC,
Gemini 42 Productions, LLC,
Roberts Space Industries International Ltd., and
Twin Bros. GmbH, including but not limited to organizational charts.

15) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING meetings of the board of directors, executives, or management team of DEFENDANTS at which CRYENGINE, CRYTEK, or CRYTEK's current or former employees were discussed.

16) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING the ownership of the DEFENDANTS, including lists of past and present shareholders and their respective interests.

17) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS CONCERNING the ownership interest of Chris Roberts in DEFENDANTS.

18) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS CONCERNING the ownership interest of Ortwin Freyermuth in DEFENDANTS.

19) All COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING (i) CRYTEK or (ii) any game engine including but not limited to CRYENGINE, between DEFENDANTS and any PERSONS or entities that have made any financial contribution (whether or not in exchange for any consideration) to support the development of the PRODUCTS.

20) A forensic copy of all past and present versions of DEFENDANTS' websites, including but not limited to https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com and https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com.

21) DOCUMENTS sufficient to identify the funds, contributions, or support provided to DEFENDANTS by any PERSONS or entities.

22) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING the PRODUCTS that have been or are available online, including but not limited to video clips and uncut and original versions of video clips posted on DEFENDANTS' YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media websites and applications.

23) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all uncut and original versions of video clips that have been or are available online, including but not limited to the uncut and original version of the video clip available online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Piy-ibiq1M.

24) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the Star Citizen Kickstarter project located at https://www.kickstarter.cormn/projects/cig/star-citizen, or any other crowdfunding project CONCERNING the PRODUCTS.

25) Documents sufficient to identify each and every PRODUCT, including but not limited to the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 video games, specifically the dates of conception and the names and roles of any employees or contractors of DEFENDANTS involved in the development of each PRODUCT.

26) All manuals, instructions, and instructional material, design drawings or renderings, and technical DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the PRODUCTS.

27) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the marketing or publicity of each version of the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to press releases, product launch announcements, fact sheets, presentations, fundraising materials, sales literature, brochures, catalogs, trade letters, press releases, audio or video files, materials posted on internet websites and message boards, information prepared for electronics or gaming shows and conventions, and other marketing materials.

28) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING CRYENGINE, including but not limited to press releases, product launch announcements, fact sheets, presentations, fundraising materials, sales literature, brochures, catalogs, trade letters, press releases, audio or video files, materials posted on internet websites and message boards, information prepared for electronics or gaming shows and conventions, and other marketing materials.

29) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any game engine, including but not limited to press releases, product launch announcements, fact sheets, presentations, fundraising materials, sales literature, brochures, catalogs, trade letters, press releases, audio or video files, materials posted on internet websites and message boards, information prepared for electronics or gaming shows and conventions, and other marketing materials.

30) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING DEFENDANTS' involvement with demonstrations, booths, presentations, and panels at electronics or gaming shows or conferences, including but not limited to any DOCUMENTS identifying attendees at each electronics or gaming show or conference.

31) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the PRODUCTS.

32) All versions of source code (including but not limited to source code comments), object code, and software for each of the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 video games.

33) All DOCUMENTS that reflect current or past revisions or additions to any and all versions of the source code for each of the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 video games, specifically those DOCUMENTS that reflect the author of each revision or addition and the date on which each revision or addition was made.

34) All versions of source code (including but not limited to source code comments), object code, and software for CRYENGINE.

35) All versions of source code (including but not limited to source code comments), object code, and software for any game engine.

36) All DOCUMENTS that reflect current or past revisions or additions to any and all versions of the source code for CRYENGINE or any other game engine, specifically those DOCUMENTS that reflect the author of each revision or addition and the date on which each revision or addition was made.

37) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any similarities or differences between the PRODUCTS and CRYENGINE, including without limitation any DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS regarding the testing thereof.

38) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any similarities or differences between CRYENGINE and any other game engine, including without limitation any DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS regarding a comparison thereof.

40) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, DOCUMENTS sufficient to identify all source code repository system or software used by DEFENDANTS.

41) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all source code, object code, or software containing a CRYTEK copyright notice.

42) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS that reflect any efforts to remediate, rewrite, or clean room any of the PRODUCTS.

43) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any game engine, netcode, or editor license for the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to the license agreement itself and any consideration paid.

44) All DOCUMENTS or COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any efforts or attempts by DEFENDANTS to obtain or utilize information, technology or know-how of CRYTEK.

45) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING any investigation into whether DEFENDANTS possess or have used or disclosed materials that are, or that CRYTEK has asserted are, copyrighted or otherwise owned by CRYTEK.

46) All DOCUMENTS that identify and describe those PERSONS or entities that have or have had access to the PRODUCTS, including but not limited to Faceware Technologies. PERSONS and entities include but are not limited to suppliers, vendors, and visitors to DEFENDANTS' offices and displays or demonstrations at electronics or gaming shows or conventions, technicians, partners, consultants, and customers.

47) All DOCUMENTS that identify and describe those PERSONS or entities that 3 have or have had access to CRYTEK source code, object code, or software in DEFENDANTS’' possession, including but not limited to Faceware Technologies. PERSONS and entities include but are not limited to suppliers, vendors, visitors to DEFENDANTS' offices and displays or demonstrations at electronics or gaming shows or conventions, technicians, partners, consultants, and customers.

48) Documents sufficient to identify each employee of DEFENDANTS that was previously employed by CRYTEK, including but not limited to the name of that employee and their job responsibilities.

49) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the departure of, or the recruitment, solicitation, interviewing, consideration for hire, or hiring of current or past employees of CRYTEK.

50) The employee or personnel file for Chris Roberts, Ortwin Freyermuth, Carl Jones, Sean Tracy, Hannes Appel]l, Francesco Riziero Di Mizio, Chris Nolan, Marco Corbetta, Carsten Wenzel, Christopher Raine, and Christopher Bolte including but not limited to any employment, confidentiality, non-compete, or non-disclosure agreements.

51) All DOCUMENTS, including but not limited to investment memoranda and proposals, CONCERNING the business and/or valuation of DEFENDANTS.

52) All DOCUMENTS, including but not limited to investment memoranda and proposals, CONCERNING the business and/or valuation of the PRODUCTS.

53) All DOCUMENTS, including but not limited to investment memoranda and proposals, CONCERNING the business and/or valuation of CRYTEK or CRYENGINE.

54) All federal or state tax returns filed by or on behalf of DEFENDANTS.

55) All quarterly or annual financial statements of DEFENDANTS.

56) All Competitive analysis of DEFENDANTS, CRYTEK, the video game engine market, or the video game market.

57) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING a license or agreement for any game engine, including but not limited to any license or agreement itself.

58) Documents sufficient to identify each version or iteration of agreements or contracts with the DEFENDANTS' past, present or potential suppliers, contractors and customers.

59) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING business plans, forecasts, financial statements or analyses or projections of DEFENDANTS or the PRODUCTS.

60) Documents sufficient to determine DEFENDANTS' total profits and revenue, and profits and revenue derived from each of the PRODUCTS, for each fiscal year and quarter from inception to present.

61) Documents sufficient to identify costs incurred by DEFENDANTS to develop the PRODUCTS.

62) All DOCUMENTS CONCERNING the pricing or pricing plans for the PRODUCTS.

63) Documents sufficient to identify document preservation polices and/or practices of DEFENDANTS, including but not limited to the policies and/or practices in relation to preservation of e-mail and electronically stored DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS.

64) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING Ortwin Freyermuth's representation of DEFENDANTS, including but not limited to DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any conflict of interest arising from that representation.

65) All DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING Ortwin Freyermuth's representation of CRYTEK, including but not limited to DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING any conflict of interest arising from that representation.

66) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the "Bugsmashers!" online video series, including but not limited to video clips and uncut and original versions of video clips.

67) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING the "Reverse Technology Transfer" provision of the Game License Agreement dated November 5 20, 2012, including but not limited to any DOCUMENTS and COMMUNICATIONS CONCERNING efforts by DEFENDANTS to comply or not comply with such provision.

68) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, an executable or compiled version of each of the PRODUCTS that has been released to the public.

69) To the extent not requested by the prior requests contained herein, all versions of any splash screen or credits screen used in the PRODUCTS.

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 18, 2018

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

IANAL but CIG will be receiving sexual affection in 14 days.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Wait....There is cupping going on here? And I wasn't offered any? MODS!!!!!!!

Cupping is for communists and perverts. We rub here.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

Cupping is for communists and perverts. We rub here.

But that guy told everyone that there is ball cupping going on. And goddammit I want in on it. It's cold outside.

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Hav posted:

It wasn't a serious question, but I appreciate it. {{hug}}

Now, because VictorianQueerLit was missing the 10,000 word legal opinions, I present a reformatted and slightly more easy to read version of Skadden's initial discovery request as bitched about by CiG's counsel. Note that the courts have ignored comment on this thus far, because you're supposed to follow the bloody guidelines even if you disagree.

Initial thoughts after a brief skim:

#14 -- Wow, that's a lot of corporations.

#45, 47, and 48 - Sounds like CIG was trying to poach talent/know-how from Crytek, or at least that's what Crytek is thinking.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I know it's just lovely record keeping on CIG's part that keeps you on their concierge list after you refunded but I want to believe that they realized how dumb you are for going four figures deep again after refunding the game the first time and they want to keep an eye on you for the inevitable third buy in.

Please start a kickstarter to collect money to buy back into SC, Sarsa!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Vaping in front of a webcam just isnt cool. Just smoke a real cigarette plz, how hard can it be.

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity
Roberts Space Twin Foundry Gemini Cloud Bros. Industries 42 Games Imperium Rights Productions Ltd. Entertainment LLC Texas GmbH Limited Services UK International Corp.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Star Citizer: 40 GB of Roberts Space Twin Foundry Gemini Cloud Bros. Industries 42 Games Rights Productions Ltd. Entertainment LLC Texas GmbH Limited Services UK International Corp. , 40 KB of gameplay

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

eonwe posted:

anime is

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Frank_Leroux posted:

Initial thoughts after a brief skim:

#14 -- Wow, that's a lot of corporations.

#45, 47, and 48 - Sounds like CIG was trying to poach talent/know-how from Crytek, or at least that's what Crytek is thinking.

Yeah, one of the reasons that they mention Carl Jones and have such a hardon for Ortwin is that apparently they were on both sides of the GLA. I believe that one thrust of their argument is that CiG believed Crytek was dead in the water and signed the agreement believing that they'd walk away free, without reckoning on the hot Turkish cash injection. Note that they refer to market analyses of the engine in #56.

#54 & #55 personally amuse me.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Glenn Quebec posted:

It does not get permanently lost although there are many in the community who believe if the ship has no insurance, it should disappear forever.

ColonoscopyExp
Apr 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I have kind of a bone to pick with some of you in this thread who actually feel bad for anyone that works there. CR and the management gang rightfully get the bulk of the scorn but I think some of you are missing a big part of the picture. This isn't Madoff and a few buds setting up some investment ponzi scheme, this is more akin to a large office building running phishing scams out of India/Florida. A lot of people are involved.

Even the lowliest dev knows what the score is. They know they can't deliver even 1/4 of what Cr promised. They probably justify it to themselves by thinking that they aren't the ones who made the promises.

But they are scum for multiple reasons (not every employee fits every one of these reasons but if you fall into even 1 you are morally culpable)

1. They stay at their job even though they know the game is unable to be delivered even remotely close to as promised. Their entire paycheck is derived from scam money gained under false pretenses. They are aware of this in 2018.
2. They stay at their job even though they are incapable of delivering what their bosses ask. (probably no one is with CRs insane demands but the point stands, its unethical to take money for a job you know you cant do)
3. Many show up on ATVs, streams, etc to perpetuate the scam.

To all the devs at CIG, get a real job. And if you whine that you can't get a job in the games industry, maybe it isn't for you. Because technically speaking you aren't in the games industry right now. You are in the scam/MLM industry. If you whine that you need the money. That doesn't give you the right to take it from others, often mentally ill, under false pretenses. You are scum. If you stayed for an additional 2 weeks after realizing it was a scam. You are scum.

I know it seems harsh but its 2018. Everyone is fully aware of what the score is. I'd love to get some feedback and a cogent explanation from someone in here on why the even lowly QA person at CIG is somehow not a scammer. Without all those employees Chris wouldn't have been able to scam even a small percentage of what was raised. The concept art, PU, etc is what brings in money for the scam on an ongoing basis. They are what makes this possible.

ColonoscopyExp fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

Landng succsfl