Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I think that all the invulnerable yellow mana ninjas should be steadily made worse (just remove a spell with no replacement, make their autoattack animation 2 seconds long, etc) over the course of a month or so and then removed when everyone has stopped playing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

im of the weird opinion that heroes should have resources other than time to manage, and that at the very least the ones that don't should be vulnerable to being killed and not literally invincible and unkillable at all stages of the game please and thank you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I do admit that I find it a little funny that what used to be the main counter to endless waveclear (dive comps) are now incredibly hard to execute because the community collectively whinged about tanks hard enough to force all of them except Sion, Sejuani, and Alistar straight out of the meta. All of the engage-heavy tanks feel loving miserable to play toplane versus Conqueror setups.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
buff lissandra

give. her. a. passive.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Her passive is ‘if I can slow lane down I will outlast my opponents mana bar. Her Q is really safe, reliable poke.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
At what point should I move on from AI games and how bad will it be?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alternate mechanics like energy and rage and heat are loving cool and riot should invest more time in using them rather than manaless champions which are not interesting at all anymore. lets see a champion that gat another resource that they have to charge up to use any abilities

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Erdricks posted:

As soon as possible, you learn only the bare basics from bots. Too long with them and you will probably develop bad habits

As to the second part, who cares. Normals dont really mean poo poo, if anyone starts giving you crap just mute them

E: if you want some pointers, there's discord info in the op, pop in and say hi and ask away. People generally organise games there too

el dingo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 18, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should remove mana from the game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

they should remove mana from the game

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Giving a character mana should be considered a game design failure imo.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vermain posted:

I think it's mostly okay. The two poster children for manaless waveclear - Zed and Katarina - aren't in the same boat in terms of speed/efficiency/safety as champions like Taliyah, ASol, or Anivia, and this particular change seems more intended to solve mid/late-game clearing problems instead of early-game clearing problems.

Zed has to use his escape/gap-closer for his waveclear to be quick. Katarina has to stand directly next to the wave. They both already have issues.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ahri is better than before after playing her. Her e dmg amplification is insane late game.

Leblanc rework, I played 1 game after she was renabled. Gotta get used to R not being a toggle style spell anymore. She feels ok but it's hard not to miss the w q waveclear she had. Definitely has stronger early trading but has her old weakness of not being able to push until 6.

Galio's ult cooldown is insanely long. So going mid with tp then splitpushing in the mid game is a lot harder because you have to rely more on good tps rather than your ult. I even played it with ultimate hat. Also it is really hard to itemize for cdr on Ap galio. Zhonyas/Banshee/shoes are the best options but defensive shoes are better so you can lane more aggressively and take harass.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i have done many bad things in my life. i have queued with people far too low in ranking for my existence in the game to be anything but unfair. i have played lulu top. i have played shaco jungle, and pure AP(with pure flat AP rune) teemo. but nothing... NOTHING i have done has been heinous enough to justify this: there was a coin leona who would ult waves to stop pushes, and out of the other 4 members of my team, that was the person i wanted to play with again the most.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vermain posted:

I do admit that I find it a little funny that what used to be the main counter to endless waveclear (dive comps) are now incredibly hard to execute because the community collectively whinged about tanks hard enough to force all of them except Sion, Sejuani, and Alistar straight out of the meta. All of the engage-heavy tanks feel loving miserable to play toplane versus Conqueror setups.

i wouldnt mind tanks in the top lane if they didnt all have infinite, free waveclear of their own. getting a 100 gold lead on poppy only for her to q the wave and run to safety for 15 minutes every loving game was not fun. or for nautilus' entire gameplan to be "e the wave and grab the guy into my creeps because im too feeble to win a trade without all six of them"

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Erdricks posted:

Now, and bad.

But that's OK. Just mute everyone.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Good News: Announcer Packs on the PTR after years of begging
The Bad News: It's literally Phreak, as Phreak

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Haha, nice late April Fools prank, Riot. Now, seriously,

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm so bad at Kat wtf

this is after like 25 games, too

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

I'm so bad at Kat wtf

this is after like 25 games, too

She is incredibly tough to get a handle on because she as a character is more reliant on knowing every single enemy cooldown than anyone else in the game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yi

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nah

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
so glad old LeBonk is back

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Pro Zyra tips
1) make enemies engage into you (by which I mean, wait till they walk at you)
2) spend some time during the fight doing other stuff, like hitting vision plants, after you've dropped your first rotation to bm your opponents
e: 3) get flanked by a tank, don't notice, get saved by your team: a skilled and correct line of play

I really want to record the number of accidental 'whoops I guess that plant 100-0'd someone' versus on purpose 'I cast spells at this man to make him die' kills I get as Zyra.

https://plays.tv/s/LhQ251OMRgdH

Also the obligatory 'I dealt the most damage so I'm the best player' screenshot (nevermind that I was mostly damaging tanks with liandries):

I hope the mana changes encourage more manaless mids so I can get more blue buffs for Zyra, the Real Carry.

The Shortest Path posted:

It goes back up to 3% when it upgrades to Seraph's, so it's only a temporary setback.

Still these mana changes are gonna be rear end, especially for weird off-build mids like Malphite or Gragas or whoever that aren't getting any buffs to compensate for the loss in Doran's Ring.

Does it help at all that their mana growth is staying the same, or does loving their early mana options matter way more?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I have questions about your Xin

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

gvibes posted:

Now, and bad.

But that's OK. Just mute everyone.

What pvp mode is best to start in, blind or draft?

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Erdricks posted:

What pvp mode is best to start in, blind or draft?

Draft is better since you usually won't have idiots fighting over who gets to go to what lane, it'll also let you focus on learning a couple roles so the learning curve is less steep.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I thought it locked you out of draft mode for a while

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

I thought it locked you out of draft mode for a while

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I looked it up and draft mode unlocks once the account is lvl 10 and owns 20 champs. I thought it was worse than that.

It's not like blind pick is the "wrong" way to jump into pvp either, the games tend to be a bit more casual which is nice but you should probably be willing to play any role.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

foutre posted:

Does it help at all that their mana growth is staying the same, or does loving their early mana options matter way more?

For mid malphite specifically it makes his mediocre-at-best laning even more dire, which gives the enemy lanes more of an opportunity to get far enough ahead that you can't gib them easily at 6 or in the midgame. Past that point his mana matters a lot less.

Of course, he's already a really gimmicky pick so :shrug:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Herbotron posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I looked it up and draft mode unlocks once the account is lvl 10 and owns 20 champs. I thought it was worse than that.

It's not like blind pick is the "wrong" way to jump into pvp either, the games tend to be a bit more casual which is nice but you should probably be willing to play any role.

Unranked draft is 20 available champs, so with 14 on free rotation that means you only have to own 6.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

so glad old LeBonk is back

Ya I fed vs her in one of my games as Yasuo. Her early trading is insane if you don't push her in.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Warwick
Jaws of the Beast (Q)
target's max health % changed from 6/7/8/9/10% to 4/6/8/10/12%
heal changed from 30/40/50/60/70% to 15/30/45/60/75%

Blood Hunt (W)
cooldown lowered from 120/105/90/75/60 to 120/100/80/60/40
bonus movement speed changed from 35/40/45/50/55% to 25/35/45/55/65%

Ha, that's not really all that bad, I'm okay with some hits to him if it means people will shut the hell up and stop banning him and let me pick it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
is that really a nerf

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

like... for early game, I guess.+

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Someone sell me on the necessity for huge wave clear changes. As far as I am concerned, easy wave clear allows you to get to the fun part of the game - moving around the map and fighting other people. Killing creeps is just a necessary evil.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The main issue is that massive waveclear means that if even one person is alive you can't really push, which stalls out games. That's why Banner of Command is so appealing now, it lets you take towers from outside normal waveclear range.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat, those Lux buffs are nice. Lucent Singularity requires a bit more precision to hit in lane and isn't as good as a zoning tool, but that's a small price to pay for a sizeable decrease in mana cost and cooldown.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

drat, those Lux buffs are nice. Lucent Singularity requires a bit more precision to hit in lane and isn't as good as a zoning tool, but that's a small price to pay for a sizeable decrease in mana cost and cooldown.

what are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF5ioqQeziQ