Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it was never a huge thing but a little while after MWO was launched they cut the legs out from under it and the project went dormant for an extended period of time before showing up again and as far as i know the playerbase never really recovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

What was the mech that had an advanced targeting system that wouldn't let it fire unless it was actually going to hit, though it would still incur heat as if it had shot? I remember thinking that this completely pointless unless you're roleplaying collateral damage but I'm not too familiar with TT play

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

it was never a huge thing but a little while after MWO was launched they cut the legs out from under it and the project went dormant for an extended period of time before showing up again and as far as i know the playerbase never really recovered

Well, sprucing up their site a bit and getting a couple of streamers would go a long way. Their site has no screenshots, no video, it's not on Steam... Seems like they just need to market it a bit more. I love me some MW/BT and I had no idea the project was resurrected.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

What was the mech that had an advanced targeting system that wouldn't let it fire unless it was actually going to hit, though it would still incur heat as if it had shot? I remember thinking that this completely pointless unless you're roleplaying collateral damage but I'm not too familiar with TT play

So thats how Streak SRM launchers work in general. Its not crazy good mostly because you can't load all the good custom SRM ammo into the launchers. They can be pretty handy in the right circumstances and lets you get the most out of pushing your heat (but not wasting the heat) as well as being able to under ammo your mech because you know each salvo is going to count. Basically it just depends on the mechs that actually are built with this in mind.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

Well, sprucing up their site a bit and getting a couple of streamers would go a long way. Their site has no screenshots, no video, it's not on Steam... Seems like they just need to market it a bit more. I love me some MW/BT and I had no idea the project was resurrected.

i don't know for sure but i think that may be by design, keeping a low profile in order to avoid catching any C&D's being sent their way from PGI

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, I agree. That's almost certainly true, which is a shame.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

although come to think of it even when mw:ll was in active development before MWO was a twinkle in PGI's eye the website/documentation left a lot to be desired so :shrug:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, this for after release.

Reactor(s) Online April 24th for now.
Reactor(s) Online, All Systems Nominal for after release.

Let's make it happen, folks!

Also, 6 more days.

Here I was hoping the post-release title would be From Squawk to Stackpoled in Sixty Seconds.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

SQUAWK!

Edit: I feel since this game is a go and is actually looking good, and beta played well I can actually get involved and now have my hopes and dreams crushed. Also.. I feel like I should do another drunk battletech for newbies.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 18, 2018

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

isildur, I'm sure you guys have this on an enhancement list and I'm sure y'all aren't making any changes at this time, but from watching way more streaming than I'd care to admit...

1) It'd be helpful if you could see what equipment and ammo is in the market and be able to buy it directly from the mech refit screen. Having to hop back and forth is awkward.

2) There should be a "replace" button in the market where you can buy and set a refit job for like parts. For example, swap out a PPC with a PPC+ from the market screen without having to jump into the mech bay. If there were multiple of the same weapons, a simple list of where the part is located that you could choose from seems like it would be fine.

I think those both would go a long way towards encouraging less knowledgeable players to upgrade their mechs.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 18, 2018

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCmrp38KjYg

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

isildur, I'm sure you guys have this on an enhancement list and I'm sure y'all aren't making any changes at this time, but from watching way more streaming than I'd care to admit...

1) It'd be helpful if you could see what equipment and ammo is in the market and be able to buy it directly from the mech refit screen. Having to hop back and forth is awkward.

2) There should be a "replace" button in the market where you can buy and set a refit job for like parts. For example, swap out a PPC with a PPC+ from the market screen without having to jump into the mech bay. If there were multiple of the same weapons, a simple list of where the part is located that you could choose from seems like it would be fine.

I think those both would go a long way towards encouraging less knowledgeable players to upgrade their mechs.
It'd also be nice to see things like the amount of heat sinks and ammo you already have, at least while in the market.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
You can at least do that by switching to the sell tab - the little number in the corner is the amount of that item you have I believe.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is HBS Isildur the same as POTBS Isildur?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yep

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.
Whatever you're thinking, yes, it was probably my fault.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why did you Poop On The BabySitter

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cowcaster posted:

why did you Poop On The BabySitter

It was a frog/scorpion scenario

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

isildur posted:

The website is terrible!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

isildur posted:

You're why the game is being released on time and bug free?? I was hoping this game would be emulating Quikcell, as is proper.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
If they were emulating Quikcell they'd be releasing the source code for us to compile ourselves, but bits would be missing.

vvvBeaten like a Quikcell Vedette!

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 18, 2018

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

^^^^ Dangit :argh: ^^^^

vorebane posted:

You're why the game is being released on time and bug free?? I was hoping this game would be emulating Quikcell, as is proper.

In proper Quikscell tradition, the release will consist of a bunch of unsorted assets and undocumented code, and we'll have to compile a game out of it ourselves. :allears:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

isildur posted:

perhaps you remember my clan Stern Pounder

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Apparently streamers etc. have been given copies of the full game and will be streaming with no restrictions starting tomorrow afternoon (Euro time) in case anyone wants more hype

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

RabidWeasel posted:

Apparently streamers etc. have been given copies of the full game and will be streaming with no restrictions starting tomorrow afternoon (Euro time) in case anyone wants more hype

Oh Jesus, I did not need this in my life right now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RabidWeasel posted:

Oh good, I actually enjoyed watching CohhCarnage work through the game in those earlier streams (thanks for whoever linked me that btw). Looking forward to seeing more of the game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I just want to mine them for sweet sweet numbers to put in my spreadsheets :getin:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Yeah, this for after release.

Reactor(s) Online April 24th for now.
Reactor(s) Online, All Systems Nominal for after release.

Let's make it happen, folks!

Also, 6 more days.

MW5's thread title is going to be: It's 2018 and mankind is once again at war.

The first MWO thread title was: Reactor Online, Sensors Online, Mechwarrior Online, All Systems Nominal. I still maintain that that is the best thread title I will ever make.

E: I'll be streaming the game at Mixer.com/Mechwarrior on either Sunday or Monday.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 19, 2018

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wow this CohhCarnage guy is making some... interesting... tactical decisions.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Salvage is OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IhX_9QK664&t=1110s

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Baron Porkface posted:

Is HBS Isildur the same as POTBS Isildur?

Looking forward to investing in every specific part production and resource gathering before being able to make a schooner commando.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Just noticed BT is in the top sellers tab on steam.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Impermanent posted:

Wow this CohhCarnage guy is making some... interesting... tactical decisions.

He is competent by the end, but if you like robot optimisation then his early mechlab choices may also cause you minor bleeding from nose/eyes

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

sebmojo posted:

He is competent by the end, but if you like robot optimisation then his early mechlab choices may also cause you minor bleeding from nose/eyes

oh lol I don't know enough about the game to criticize his mech choices, I mean more that he seems to keep wanting to melee things with guys who don't seem good at melee. and also he charges his mechs out in front from behind cover to shoot at things and then get shredded sometimes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Count how many times his blackjack gets exploded

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
send me the game i'll figure out livestreaming for the thread thanks

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Count how many times his blackjack gets exploded

They're all The Coffin to me now

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh cool, while I'm not obsessively playing the game, I'll be able to watch Beaglerush play it obsessively. The Ouroboros is complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Man I haven't watched Beaglerush in a long time. It'll be fun to see him in a new tactical game, if he does videos.