Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Same. Queer transmasc person, I'm not gonna be polite to people who want me dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Straight cis male here. Never going to play nice with intolerant people. It's unfortunate but compromise doesn't work.

e: also I live in bubble and rarely interact with people that have different political views. Uh oh.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Apr 17, 2018

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mu Zeta posted:

Straight cis male here. Never going to play nice with intolerant people. It's unfortunate but compromise doesn't work.

:same:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Depends on the level of intolerance imo

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

“Just don’t talk about politics” only counts at work imo and even then shame on you if you don’t use the Christmas dinner or another time alcohol can be blamed to tell them/others that they’re an ignorant piece of poo poo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If you schedule a meeting and say you might be "a little late" because of another meeting and you'll call me when you're done, don't expect me to still be available an hour and a half past the initial meeting time. I don't care if you're my boss (as is this case), have some respect and reschedule it if you're going to be that late, don't force me to be ready to drop everything for a 30-60 minute impromptu meeting for the rest of the day.

The worst is if you assume they'll reschedule it and go home at your normal time after hours of waiting, you will ALWAYS get an email 15 minutes after you leave telling you to come now. But if you stay, you'll find out they went home 2 hours ago. Either way you will always make the wrong decision, it just seems to be the way it works.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That just means your boss doesn't give a poo poo about you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

That just means your boss doesn't give a poo poo about you.

then don't schedule a meeting at all in the first place

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Coworkers asking to borrow money. I was dumb enough to lend a coworker money once, and luckily got it all back within a month. But it was a real hassle and he had promised it would be a week. He still tries to ask me to borrow him money.

EDIT:

Also, anyone who constantly ask you to cover their shifts and never return the favor.

Midig has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Apr 18, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Undergrads, especially freshmen-sophomores at big universities, double especially if their major has “engineer” in it

Worst, most entitled people on earth.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Undergrads, especially freshmen-sophomores at big universities, double especially if their major has “engineer” in it

Worst, most entitled people on earth.

Counterpoint: Boomer-aged white women with bad haircuts or just hair

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

areyoucontagious posted:

EDIT:

Wrong picture, why can't I edit this poo poo? Finally a peeve about this forum.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Midig has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Apr 18, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

areyoucontagious posted:

This one I meant...

Also Hoe, what makes you think undergrads are entitled? I would think the opposite since most of them will have to work in retail on the side.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

areyoucontagious posted:

point taken

I was thinking about kids going to prestigious schools on daddy's paycheck more than some schmuck with loans and a job. The former is more common around here by far.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I would assume that since college actually costs money in the US, and you need at least a bachelor for any decent job, that would make people very entitled as it instills a consumer mentality. Since it is a necessity it is not a place to be humbled, but a place to pass through.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Peeve: when someone is in a bad mood over one small thing, and decides to blow it up to cover everything in the immediate vicinity.

Like, out of your favorite cheese and you're about to make a sandwich? You should not scream, throw the bread and the lunchmeat in the garbage, and then stomp around for the rest of the night throwing things that are 'in your way' and generally being a bitch for the rest of the night.

Peeve: wearing a headset, which is universal for Please Talk To Me Across the House.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Apr 19, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: when someone is in a bad mood over one small thing, and decides to blow it up to cover everything in the immediate vicinity.

I know someone close to me who gets really upset about every single thing once someone has done something wrong. I forgot to take out the garbage? Now I am suddenly also really aloof, drunk up a bit too much of the milk, someone has their audio on too loudly etc. They are mad so now everything is a huge issue. Screaming the whole time and in general being a big baby. Get a real job man.

EDIT:

Anyone who claims they need music or entertainment to sleep. Dumbass, you need the lights off and a bed.

Midig has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Apr 19, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Midig posted:

Anyone who claims they need music or entertainment to sleep. Dumbass, you need the lights off and a bed.

Pet Peeve, Anxiety.

Solution- music to get my mind away from my issues.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Midig posted:

I’m convinced people who say this have never seriously tried the alternative - hey man, I tried a quiet dark room that one time and it didn’t work. Therefore, I am clearly the unicorn exception to thousands of years of human circadian rhythms and everything science knows about sleep.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MagusofStars posted:

I’m convinced people who say this have never seriously tried the alternative - hey man, I tried a quiet dark room that one time and it didn’t work. Therefore, I am clearly the unicorn exception to thousands of years of human circadian rhythms and everything science knows about sleep.
Hey man, I spent 5 years working night shift and showed that circadian rhythm who was boss. After I got done with that I got back to being a normal person, but it definitely took awhile and I had issues going to sleep if I didn't leave the closet light on for a few years.

e: By the way, it sucks, don't do night shift if you can avoid it.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
ATTENTION ALL INSOMNIACS: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO FALL ASLEEP IS LIE IN YOUR BED!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MagusofStars posted:

Okay.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Lazy people.

I’m working at a new place and I close it, and the guy I worked with was like, “well I always just do [2 basic things] and then leave” I had to explain to him multiple times that he has to do other stuff and he got super mad and threw some stuff (spoiler cause it’s not a problem) and honestly I’m surprised that I was able to calm him down and convince him to do other stuff he never did before, he was really pissed at first but by the end he was nice. I’m surprised my management style worked, I’m pretty new to it :aaaaa:

Regardless, lazy people suck.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

In my first job (sky ride at busch gardens) we would shut down for half an hour or an hour or so every time it rained (which was often in florida). It was my first week so during the first shutdown i started to clean the carts and the assistant supervisor got pissed and said "don't bother, just get in a cart and take a nap" which he and the rest of the people at our station proceeded to do. I kept cleaning because i thought it was a test and about 5 minutes later the head supervisor drove up and they got extremely chewed out and had to work the shittiest station for a week.

They all resented me for making them look bad the rest of the summer which is fair but those people were some of the laziest coworkers i ever had and their laziness always led to more work for me.

So yeah i don't like lazy people either.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

CelticPredator posted:

Pet Peeve, Anxiety.

Solution- music to get my mind away from my issues.

Pandora website in chrome for some reason doesn’t play sound into the new locations speakers but the generic “neutral” songs from a different app play. Chrome pandora worked at my last 2 locations, why doesn’t it here???

yeah I eat rear end posted:

In my first job (sky ride at busch gardens) we would shut down for half an hour or an hour or so every time it rained (which was often in florida). It was my first week so during the first shutdown i started to clean the carts and the assistant supervisor got pissed and said "don't bother, just get in a cart and take a nap" which he and the rest of the people at our station proceeded to do. I kept cleaning because i thought it was a test and about 5 minutes later the head supervisor drove up and they got extremely chewed out and had to work the shittiest station for a week.

They all resented me for making them look bad the rest of the summer which is fair but those people were some of the laziest coworkers i ever had and their laziness always led to more work for me.

So yeah i don't like lazy people either.

One thing (stupid corporate) that kind of stuck to me is “lead by example.” It doesn’t work on everybody but I work crazy hard and I’ve noticed other people started to, too. Like the guy in my last post. This other guy was like “you’re such a hard worker” and started working like me when he wasn’t doing so before. In most cases I don’t even have to tell anyone to do anything, they just do it the way I would. And it’s also funny that when those same people work with another manager their work is poo poo. I am a nice manager and never yell at anyone. This is not a FWP sorry but I just kind of like managing and stuff.

E: ok FWP is the people that don’t follow by example or even when you tell them to do things properly. Multiple times. People that just DONT CARE. I know it’s a lovely minimum wage job but Jesus Christ a person with cerebral palsy paralyzed in a wheelchair would do a better job than you.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:04 on Apr 19, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Thin Privilege posted:

Lazy people.

I’m working at a new place and I close it, and the guy I worked with was like, “well I always just do [2 basic things] and then leave” I had to explain to him multiple times that he has to do other stuff and he got super mad and threw some stuff (spoiler cause it’s not a problem) and honestly I’m surprised that I was able to calm him down and convince him to do other stuff he never did before, he was really pissed at first but by the end he was nice. I’m surprised my management style worked, I’m pretty new to it :aaaaa:

To be fair, retail can demand you work overtime for closing consistently instead of hiring more people. It is not always their fault that they don't want to stick around for another half hour when they have done everything they are supposed to. I usually do tasks I am asked to do, but during exams I have had to be very strict about the fact that I leave almost the moment I am done with the usual. I already work three times the amount of the position I was given and need all the time on the side to study.

Working 15 minutes extra is ok and necessary sometimes, but some people stretch it really far and make you stay another hour because they want to go earlier themselves.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cowslips Warren posted:

Like, out of your favorite cheese and you're about to make a sandwich? You should not scream, throw the bread and the lunchmeat in the garbage, and then stomp around for the rest of the night throwing things that are 'in your way' and generally being a bitch for the rest of the night.

Jesus, did you marry my ex?

Peeve: Getting called for an interview for a senior-level job and then being asked inane questions like you were applying to be an intern.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

Lazy people.

My peeve is adults who act abusive or like children. You should never ever be subjected to another adult in work or at home throwing things around because you asked them to do something new or different (or any other reason). If someone does that they deserve to get shitcanned/dumped. No excuse for it. We're adults and have mastered these miraculous things called "words" that we use for communicating our displeasure. Tantrums are for children.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stairs posted:

My peeve is adults who act abusive or like children. . Tantrums are for children.

Hmm well have you ever seen met or heard of this one guy what’s his name oh yeah mr PRESIDENTOFTHEUNITEDSTATES DOnald Trump?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Hmm well have you ever seen met or heard of this one guy what’s his name oh yeah mr PRESIDENTOFTHEUNITEDSTATES DOnald Trump?

Ooh yeah. He's a whole peeve in and of himself.
Everyone has bad days, but if someone is willing to punch a wall or throw something they will eventually escalate and that's not something we should put up with waiting for.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate that thing conservatives do where Every Historicaln Figure Ever That I Like was obviously a christian evangelical conservative and Ones I Don’t Like were liberal atheist fat left communist nazis.

Especially when they point out Lincoln was a republican (with the implication the it was liberals who did the confederacy and love slavery) and then turn around and fellate Lee and the rebel flag.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The funniest thing was when Trump had that speech where he asked if people knew Lincoln was a republican, like it was some huge revelation for him.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hate that thing conservatives do where Every Historicaln Figure Ever That I Like was obviously a christian evangelical conservative and Ones I Don’t Like were liberal atheist fat left communist nazis.

Especially when they point out Lincoln was a republican (with the implication the it was liberals who did the confederacy and love slavery) and then turn around and fellate Lee and the rebel flag.

I hate how in general on both sides everything comes down to "gotcha" nonsense where you can't just say you like(d) someone, whether they are a historical figure or an actor/director/whatever without someone bringing up something wrong/problematic they did at some point. In some cases it's right to disavow them like in cases where they defend/are rapists, but like if my favorite actor hypothetically denies climate change, who cares? It's not like they're in charge of anything.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I hate how in general on both sides everything comes down to "gotcha" nonsense where you can't just say you like(d) someone, whether they are a historical figure or an actor/director/whatever without someone bringing up something wrong/problematic they did at some point. In some cases it's right to disavow them like in cases where they defend/are rapists, but like if my favorite actor hypothetically denies climate change, who cares? It's not like they're in charge of anything.
Sin is transitive.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

Sin is transitive.

I'll just dump all of my entertainment media in the trash then I guess.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I agree with rear end, for the most part. Maybe I’d stop liking their poo poo if they were extremely vocal and active about climate change denial but not if they just mentioned their dumb beliefs in an interview.

Also hate when celebrities or other Succesful People are used as ammo for a cause. “See, this person would know what they are talking about!” They never do. I wouldn’t trust Ben Carson with foreign policy any more than I’d trust Metternich with my brain surgery. I don’t care who Clint Eastwood is voting for. Engineers aren’t experts on climate. Etc

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'll quit artists if they're like murderers or rapists or child molesters or literal Nazis or something like that.

But cooky conspiracy theories or veganism or politics that aren't frothing-at-the-mouth-crazy or a different outlook on life? Yeah, who gives a poo poo.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Political talk reminds me of a pet peeve: people criticising politicians for actions that weren't actually bad. Trump gets flack for dodging the draft. That's probably the only sensible thing he's ever done, and bringing it up means you're discussing something irrelevant rather than actual reasons he needs to be removed from office.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Maybe if he were acting in accordance with an overarching, consistent anti-war philosophy, but I'm not a big fan of someone saving their own rear end and then using their political power to push for military intervention. Also, I'm willing to bet avoiding mandatory service is way easier with his resources. I don't think it's completely out of line with other criticisms of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sunswipe posted:

Political talk reminds me of a pet peeve: people criticising politicians for actions that weren't actually bad. Trump gets flack for dodging the draft. That's probably the only sensible thing he's ever done, and bringing it up means you're discussing something irrelevant rather than actual reasons he needs to be removed from office.

But then he turns around and shits on other military people like John McCain for being a loser because he was a POW.