Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
remember frog baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Man, Jeff K. hasn't updated in a while.

Or aged well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I need even more details on the “have you tried LSD” thing. That short summary is hilarious.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rolo posted:

I need even more details on the “have you tried LSD” thing. That short summary is hilarious.

Well, he fell into an ancient tomb and started shaking skeletons and the rest is history

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Please tell me that’s archived.

And that I have archives?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I still go back to the flash tub every once in a while, esp the user submitted stuff like Karnovs secret Klub

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Rolo posted:

Sunburnt Aphid is addicted to heroin and posting her downward spiral

then-mod of TCC HondaRider writes a long post begging her to “just get off the drat heroin” by any means necessary, including taking LSD

he got demodded and ran to SomethingSensitive, she stopped posting within the next few months and is presumed dead :/

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

trapped mouse posted:

me: it would be nice if more newcomers came to this forum

random poster: no you shut the gently caress up dad? is that a reference to something?

me: you ignorant rear end in a top hat. you absolute loving piece of shitstain

Exactly the opposite, actually. Everyone who buys an account on my beloved dead gay forums should have immediate access to the greatest stories to come out of this place. Your life can only be enriched by reading the FYAD zipline thread.

I want everyone to know the wonders of Groverhaus.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Y'all fools forgetting about Caro like that isn't one of the all-time greatest sagas.

Also not a funny one but everyone should understand that noted Games mod, and dude so high up in EVE Online he was flown to Iceland with some others to help advise the devs on where to take the game, Vilerat was literally one of the dudes killed in Benghazi. Like sometimes I remember that happened and it's just as wild every time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Your Computer posted:

:vince:

I will never not laugh at "but ironically the only time now is the time of which we're out of".

Omg

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ms Adequate posted:

Y'all fools forgetting about Caro like that isn't one of the all-time greatest sagas.

Also not a funny one but everyone should understand that noted Games mod, and dude so high up in EVE Online he was flown to Iceland with some others to help advise the devs on where to take the game, Vilerat was literally one of the dudes killed in Benghazi. Like sometimes I remember that happened and it's just as wild every time.

He was not a Games mod, he was a D&D mod. You philistine. You poser.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Exactly the opposite, actually. Everyone who buys an account on my beloved dead gay forums should have immediate access to the greatest stories to come out of this place. Your life can only be enriched by reading the FYAD zipline thread.

I want everyone to know the wonders of Groverhaus.

I've just assumed anybody with a reg date after 2010 is a rereg because I cannot fathom why anybody in TYOOL 2018 would actually pay :tenbux: for a goddamn internet forum.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

It should have been axemaniac

RIP vilerat

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I've just assumed anybody with a reg date after 2010 is a rereg because I cannot fathom why anybody in TYOOL 2018 would actually pay :tenbux: for a goddamn internet forum.

Hell yeah, I'm all original baybee.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh dear lord you are correct :negative:

THIS IS WHY WE NEED A CURRICULUM

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes and it's the dude who's tweeting that.

Paging Rope Kid to thread 3813092, Rope Kid to thread 3813092.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I genuinely think that goon humour is behind a terrifyingly vast swath of current online culture. We are the real monsters, always have been. Everything that escapes containment here mutates into something worse than awful.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It doesn't surprise me Zybourne Clock has kind of stayed popular in the forums, there was legendarily hilarious bad stuff going on there. What does surprise me is how much staying power it's had outside the forums, but I guess the inclusion in various games has helped that.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

It doesn't surprise me Zybourne Clock has kind of stayed popular in the forums, there was legendarily hilarious bad stuff going on there. What does surprise me is how much staying power it's had outside the forums, but I guess the inclusion in various games has helped that.

Imagine four goons on the edge of a cliff. One of them works for a game company. That's how references work.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

the pet island mod that mass murdered animals

Was that the lady that accidentally cooked a caged bird alive with a radiator and farted so much around a different bird that it communicated primarily through frat mimicry?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Was that the lady that accidentally cooked a caged bird alive with a radiator and farted so much around a different bird that it communicated primarily through frat mimicry?

A bird communicating through frat mimicry would be great

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I've also been a fan of some of the smaller subforum stories.

Like how the chickencheese thread managed to make its way to different subforums. (And how most of the GWS regulars got soo mad about it at first).

Also the meatship.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

TopHatGenius posted:

I've also been a fan of some of the smaller subforum stories.

Like how the chickencheese thread managed to make its way to different subforums. (And how most of the GWS regulars got soo mad about it at first).

Also the meatship.

I was all about the chickencheese thread when it came around, I think i ate chickencheese like 3 times in a week, a different way each time. It was a tasty week.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I have soft spots for

quote:

m permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

and of course the classic

quote:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
My favorite was the goon who took pictures of his refrigerator and pantry, then dared goons to come up with a combination of 3 random ingredients and he would mix them together and eat them. He had offered up some reward for whoever could make him puke.

I think (if I'm remembering correctly) it was something insane like cat food, vinegar and something else that did him in.

It was a wild loving ride with goons posting the most hosed up combos of what they could see in his pics, and it definitely didn't disappoint. I wish someone could find it, I've looked for ages and can't find it myself.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It took a couple years for me to register since SA didn't accept PayPal (which is a saga itself) and I didn't have a credit card (I imagine that is more common outside of NA). So I just lurked whenever part of the forums were open to the public. I had to setup some kind of virtual Mastercard to register an account and while it looked and sounded legit it somehow felt like I was buying dope with Bitcoins.

So I totally understand the people who censored themselves by saying "gently caress" instead of "gently caress" (it used to be a filter for people who were not logged in) and the people who were butthurt because they couldn't catch up to their precious Dangit Rompa thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I had to convince my mom that no, it wasn't going to bill every month, because I didn't have a credit card of my own in 2009.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Watch and Weight mod so intensely hocked Atkins horseshit that a 19 year old ate nothing but bacon grease and egg yolk and lard for several weeks.

Concerned goons tried to warn the kid he was going to die.

The mod banned these naysayers. ATKINS IS REAL. KETO IS LIFE. YOUR BODY THINKING IT'S DYING AND EATING ITS OWN LIVER IS HEALTHY.

As anyone with a brain could have predicted, the 19 year old went to a doctor and his blood panels looked like that of a 400 pound elderly cirrhotic on dialysis.

FYAD ripped that thread a new rear end in a top hat and Lowtax shitcanned that mod.

If I remember right, the whole episode only took like 3 weeks. That kid went from mildly overweight teen to dying octogenarian in 3 drat weeks.

Somehow, it turns out, eating bowls of pure cholesterol and saturated fat is bad for people.

:wtc:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I forget their names, but both the motel horror stories thread, and the port-a-potty truck thread were pretty entertaining

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love that thread in the drug forum where some idiots discover a Russian benzo (and call it the juice) that is cheap and works in microgran doses. Thread is full of goons eyeballing doses of mg, obviously failing, and tripping for literally a week or more.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KJ9sl6Z2s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Montalvo posted:

I love that thread in the drug forum where some idiots discover a Russian benzo (and call it the juice) that is cheap and works in microgran doses. Thread is full of goons eyeballing doses of mg, obviously failing, and tripping for literally a week or more.

Oh don't forget that those goons were eyeballing doses (ie, measuring them by eye) and then one goon went "ok I can eyeball a dose too" and injected it directly into their tear duct.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Memento posted:

Oh don't forget that those goons were eyeballing doses (ie, measuring them by eye) and then one goon went "ok I can eyeball a dose too" and injected it directly into their tear duct.

Oh.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Mierenneuker posted:

It took a couple years for me to register since SA didn't accept PayPal (which is a saga itself) and I didn't have a credit card (I imagine that is more common outside of NA). So I just lurked whenever part of the forums were open to the public. I had to setup some kind of virtual Mastercard

lol where the gently caress do you live you loving weirdo

you loving WEIRDO

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Memento posted:

If I hadn't been here long enough to see stranger things, I wouldn't believe you.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Im pretty sure that never happened. People kept passing around the eyeball story yet no one can dig up the actual post. It was first people who didnt realize it was an expression and thought people were injecting it into their eyeballs, then people believing others were so stupid they didnt realize it was an expression and actually tried it literally.

TCC has enough wild poo poo without adding to the legend.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mind the walrus posted:

If I hadn't been here long enough to see stranger things, I wouldn't believe you.

SA truly is the Upside-Down

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

goons... goons never change

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mierenneuker posted:

I had to setup some kind of virtual Mastercard to register an account

Dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

sa is already old enough where stories have passed into myth and legend