Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This show is good and I like every episode except for the cream pie one which is probably good but I’ve only seen it one, also Dennis is the best. Thanks for reading.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the cream pie episode is, in fact, good. even if the creamy premise doesn't tickle your fancy (and the convo with charlie at the restaurant is hilarious tbh) all the stuff with Dee, the waiter, and the fish shortage is great

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The Sunny wiki says that in the flowers for Charlie episode, Charlie Day is just making up chinese sounds but does anyone know if Jian-Yang is speaking real chinese and if so what he says?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

hughesta posted:

the cream pie episode is, in fact, good. even if the creamy premise doesn't tickle your fancy (and the convo with charlie at the restaurant is hilarious tbh) all the stuff with Dee, the waiter, and the fish shortage is great

Yeah, that episode is a really good example, I think. It's definitely one of the worst few episodes of the show, but all that means is that its plot doesn't hang together that well and there's a reused joke about cream pies that doesn't really land. There's still a lot of really good bits in there, and I'd still rate it over the average episode of most other comedies. Every minute of Dee in the fish processing plant is hilarious.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Everything fish related works. The increasingly incensed demands for fish to the waiter they act like they don't remember.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Brawnfire posted:

Everything fish related works. The increasingly incensed demands for fish to the waiter they act like they don't remember.

Are they supposed to remember every man they've seen fall in to a plate of spaghetti?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

drunken officeparty posted:

The Sunny wiki says that in the flowers for Charlie episode, Charlie Day is just making up chinese sounds but does anyone know if Jian-Yang is speaking real chinese and if so what he says?

Do you mean Jimmy O Yang? He's from China, he could be.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Jimmy O Yang is speaking chinese in that episode (he mentioned it in his memoir, which is also absolutely hilarious) but I have no idea what he's saying. He also stole that role from his own dad because he loves Always Sunny.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

One thing says

quote:

Almost all of Charlie's Mandarin is gibberish, improvised by Charlie Day.

And another says

quote:

Charlie's Mandarin contains more "reasonable words" than would be expected from someone entirely making it up - for example, the word "什么" is clearly heard at least once.

We need a Chinese goon in here to settle this.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Yeah Charlie was speaking gibberish with a few words Jimmy taught him sprinkled in. Jimmy O Yang was speaking Chinese.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tonight was a really good AP Bio episode. Heather is the best.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It was the best episode so far imo.

I would like to see some resolution to Jack’s book that the kids all enjoyed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yeah, that gleeful look she had as she was butchering that hog was great. Although I think the best moment for me was when Jack told Sarika "I never said I didn't know biology, just that I wouldn't teach it to you" :iceburn:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I thought the two breakroom teachers both doing volcanos was a little lame, then the third one did it, then the gym teacher with the volleyball volcano and I lost it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I thought the two breakroom teachers both doing volcanos was a little lame, then the third one did it, then the gym teacher with the volleyball volcano and I lost it.

Also Durbin lecturing the Geology teacher about his highly detailed model volcano.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
What is happening?

https://youtu.be/xTdCZJEnbWw

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
AP Bio is really finding its footing and I'm liking it a lot. It's sort of like if Sunny was... nicer, I guess? Like if Dennis was transplanted into a world that was aggressively trying to drag him towards decency at all costs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

proest of clicks

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

AP Bio is really finding its footing and I'm liking it a lot. It's sort of like if Sunny was... nicer, I guess? Like if Dennis was transplanted into a world that was aggressively trying to drag him towards decency at all costs.
It lost me after the 3rd episode or so, but I'll definitely binge it all when the season's over

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I couldn't agree more. This line specifically:

Iron Crowned posted:

"I never said I didn't know biology, just that I wouldn't teach it to you" :iceburn:

Made me realize what this show is: the protagonist of a much darker sitcom being written into a chipper, Parks and Rec type show, and absolutely refusing to participate in it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

multijoe posted:

Mac liked to sleep with women

Well, clearly sleeping with the tranny deteriorated him into just wanting to bang dudes.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Made me realize what this show is: Dennis being written into a chipper, Parks and Rec type show, and absolutely refusing to participate in it.

ftfy

For some reason I just love the casual "All right everyone, get ready to shut up" as he walks in reading a magazine at the start of every class.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Heather is fantastic & also I love that Dan is cool and friendly as hell

still not as good as The Mick (which in turn is not IASIP) but worth watching anyway

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Yeah, this episode was great.

Iron Crowned posted:

Although I think the best moment for me was when Jack told Sarika "I never said I didn't know biology, just that I wouldn't teach it to you" :iceburn:

Same.

I also liked how Jack was all "watch this" and just made the guy Heather liked stay after. No explanation. No, "I'm sorry and thank you for saving me." Just straight quid pro quo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The "I never said I didn't know Biology" was probably the best moment of the show so far.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Heather is one of the funniest characters on TV right now

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Unmature posted:

Heather is one of the funniest characters on TV right now

Yeah, she's amazing.

I hope that when they do the "She's All That" episode that they don't ruin her character. I have confidence that they won't, but still.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Cojawfee posted:

The "I never said I didn't know Biology" was probably the best moment of the show so far.

I agree but almost would have been better if it had gone unsaid. Just a knowing wink as he expounds on the inner workings of a pig.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Sean posted:

Yeah, she's amazing.

I hope that when they do the "She's All That" episode that they don't ruin her character. I have confidence that they won't, but still.

I honestly feel like a "She's All That" episode would be really weird and not gel with how they've handled the nerd kids so far. Like, the show's really empathetic towards the complete dorks, and we're really clearly supposed to find their dorkiness endearing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, for as mean as the show can be it really doesn't get on the kids for their general dorkiness. It gets on some of their bad social quirks and there was that one PTA episode where Jack was handing out harsh truths but no ones trying to change these kids. Even that one kid Jack hates is sort of just free to stay bad as long as he likes as long as he doesn't bother Jack.

Granted it might still happen but if it does I imagine it will be a disaster and end with Heather embracing that she's cool as gently caress, probably after Jack and whatshisface (the boy she likes) say as much.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like the shtity kid whose mom is super hot

or i dont like the kid but he can stay if his mom does

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Jack has the correct opinion about jazz.

I like the fact that Heather and Dan are both explicitly into each other.
All in all, Jack has a remarkably positive influence on Jack. He made him reconcile with the kid he bullied, Dan made friends with some of the nerds and now he'll have a girlfriend. Not to mention that they were really into philosophy after reading his book.

I guess the big thing about this show is that Jack might be the favorite teacher to some of these dorks, since he's the only one which forces them out of their shell. He may be a self obsessed rear end in a top hat, but he's actually really smart, and they respect him for the sprinkles of life lessons he hands out sometimes. Sarika might be the only one who actively dislikes Jack.

I really do love the idea of this show. It's a nice and gentle world, from the perspective of a psychopathic cynic, who doesn't want to engage with any of it, but still manages to help the people around him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Phenotype posted:

ftfy

For some reason I just love the casual "All right everyone, get ready to shut up" as he walks in reading a magazine at the start of every class.
My favorite is "Everyone start shutting up."

It's just... Nobody says it like that. It's linguistically bizarre.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HAHA yeah I just realised that, because preferably shutting up isn’t a gradual thing, you just do it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Actually with a classroom full of high school students it is a gradual thing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

withak posted:

Actually with a classroom full of high school students it is a gradual thing.

Counterpoint, those are obedient nerds, who usually sit there in silence anyway.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I love all the weird chalk drawings they are always doing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

cant cook creole bream posted:

Jack has the correct opinion about jazz.

I like the fact that Heather and Dan are both explicitly into each other.
All in all, Jack has a remarkably positive influence on Jack. He made him reconcile with the kid he bullied, Dan made friends with some of the nerds and now he'll have a girlfriend. Not to mention that they were really into philosophy after reading his book.

I guess the big thing about this show is that Jack might be the favorite teacher to some of these dorks, since he's the only one which forces them out of their shell. He may be a self obsessed rear end in a top hat, but he's actually really smart, and they respect him for the sprinkles of life lessons he hands out sometimes. Sarika might be the only one who actively dislikes Jack.

I really do love the idea of this show. It's a nice and gentle world, from the perspective of a psychopathic cynic, who doesn't want to engage with any of it, but still manages to help the people around him.

I'm not even entirely sure Sarika dislikes Jack. The vibe I get is that she's actually broadly fine with him, she just wants him to loving teach biology instead of farting around with Miles missions; it's less that she has any kind of personal beef, and more that her bullshit tolerance is pretty low compared to the rest of the class.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh. last night's AP Bio.

:stare:

that plan was loving dark, even for Dennis. and holy gently caress, they're already blowing up the premise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Another episode where you can blatantly see the makeup on several faces. They are doing a bad job at that.