Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

i spent 50 cores on energy and it took my cores and it did not give me energy

this is a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hebrons, don’t open a raid today. Save up for Infinity War raid, which may be dropping today.

If it doesn’t drop today, just go back to business as usual and pop the 35s and 40s.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I unlocked Drax today and immediately 3 starred a bunch of missions I was stuck on for so long. Jesus what an upgrade.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

I unlocked Drax today and immediately 3 starred a bunch of missions I was stuck on for so long. Jesus what an upgrade.

Yeah Drax is pretty vital later on to protect your squishy guys from getting killed before they even take a turn. He starts off the round with a taunt and can taunt again on his turn, it's really useful. Make sure you really gear him up though since he'll need a ton of armor and HP to survive all the hits.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Eddain posted:

Yeah Drax is pretty vital later on to protect your squishy guys from getting killed before they even take a turn. He starts off the round with a taunt and can taunt again on his turn, it's really useful. Make sure you really gear him up though since he'll need a ton of armor and HP to survive all the hits.

Luckily, armor & HP aren't really issues for him:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Got room for 3 dudes in Goon Squad.

Would prefer someone who can participate in 40 raids, but anyone at this point is okay.

We got a 'cord, it's listed in the OP.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

i spent 50 cores on energy and it took my cores and it did not give me energy

this is a good game.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Chilichimp posted:

Got room for 3 dudes in Goon Squad.

Would prefer someone who can participate in 40 raids, but anyone at this point is okay.

We got a 'cord, it's listed in the OP.

Requested as The Sauce Boss... I'll contribute max raid keys daily and i just hit 42 and I am building up my dudes. God bless

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I expect ICR to have whaled out for Thanos within a day of him dropping

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

an adult beverage posted:

Requested as The Sauce Boss... I'll contribute max raid keys daily and i just hit 42 and I am building up my dudes. God bless

gotchu, join the 'cord

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I expect ICR to have whaled out for Thanos within a day of him dropping

You’re drat right PLAYA!!!!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got enough shards for Hulk, but.. do I really need him? 100k is a fair amount of money and I just don't see a place for him on my team right now. Sure, down the road when he's fixed or money isn't as much of an issue, but right now..?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you have capt, then for sure no. If you have drax, I'd still say no. It really is tough to justify getting him at this point for a global launch player.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I've had Hulk sitting at the top of my roster waiting to be summoned for like 3 days now. I'm not sure when I'll actually summon him since I have no intentions of building him any time soon so it's just a waste of gold. Maybe I'll get him and partially level him if I need another blitz tank or something but it's nowhere near my top priority.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zotix posted:

If you have capt, then for sure no. If you have drax, I'd still say no. It really is tough to justify getting him at this point for a global launch player.

Yeah I've got Cap, so I'll leave Hulk waiting in the wings.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

We still have lots of space in Goon Registration Act. We are planning to start running lvl 40s later today...or the Thanos thing if that happens.

We are in that other discord mentioned in the OP:

https://discord.gg/vBmUtjN

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Join both discords guys. Let it ride. There’s plenty of overlap anyway. Lots of discussion in both and they’re both filled with very cool people.

MaxiCalifornia
Feb 7, 2010

Expired Vitamin posted:

We still have lots of space in Goon Registration Act. We are planning to start running lvl 40s later today...or the Thanos thing if that happens.

We are in that other discord mentioned in the OP:

https://discord.gg/vBmUtjN

If you're ok with a lvl 29, I'd like to join a Good guild. Would there be any way I can contribute though? I'm relatively new to how raiding works, but it seems like I can only contribute to lvl 40+ raids is with the raid tickets right?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

When a raid opens join it. If your contribution is crap its fine, you'll still get great rewards. I'd just recommend taking a path Noone is on to be safe.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zotix posted:

When a raid opens join it. If your contribution is crap its fine, you'll still get great rewards. I'd just recommend taking a path Noone is on to be safe.

Wait, does it matter which path you take? I've just been joining wherever and doing the damage I can before dying, but I thought there was an overall % of damage done and didn't think it mattered where I did mine. How's that work?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

davebo posted:

Wait, does it matter which path you take? I've just been joining wherever and doing the damage I can before dying, but I thought there was an overall % of damage done and didn't think it mattered where I did mine. How's that work?

Each node has to be defeated to bring the raid percentage up. You can't change directions outside of a few choices on each path, so if you want to 100% a raid people have to make sure that each path is covered so that each node is hit.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch notes are up.

1.1 Release Notes posted:

Thanos has emerged from the cosmic shadows, and his arrival on Earth could spell disaster!
Battle with Thanos in the Mad Titan Legendary Event.
Coordinate with your Alliance to take down Thanos in three new Raids, and collect Infinity Orbs!
Recruit Thanos to your squad by opening Infinity Orbs!

Also new in this release:
In the coming weeks, strengthen your S.T.R.I.K.E. roster by recruiting Thanos, Vision, and Doctor Strange!
Wage combat across two new environments: Hydra Armory and Jungle.
Black Panther has new tech from Shuri, granting him an updated ultimate ability. His suit absorbs kinetic energy as he takes damage, and when he reaches 50% Health, it unleashes this stored energy in a devastating explosion.
Elektra’s special ability can now be assisted and countered.
Crossbones no longer has the Inhuman trait.
Power Leaderboards show more than just the top 100 players.
Increased difficulty in Campaigns and Challenges.
Updated victory cameras during combat.
Misc. bug fixes and additional polish throughout.

I know it was a very, very brief moment in a forgettable story in the comics but it's still actually a shame Crossbones lost his Inhuman tag, it was mechanically useful for him, because his Focus is kinda crummy, and that's the stat he has to roll on to apply his Offense Down on his basic, so Quake's +Focus for Inhumans actually benefited him.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The patch notes seem incredibly small.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Well they seem to mostly be to apply the event.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

MaxiCalifornia posted:

If you're ok with a lvl 29, I'd like to join a Good guild. Would there be any way I can contribute though? I'm relatively new to how raiding works, but it seems like I can only contribute to lvl 40+ raids is with the raid tickets right?

We would love to have you. There are the same number of spots in a 40 raid as there are in the alliance so everyone over level 25 can join, hit things, and then get paid.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch is out for at least iOS, though maintenance is still in progress.
There's a video on Thanos stuff by this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0X-iT2pkM

Basically, to get Thanos, you need Infinity Orbs, which ONLY have Thanos shards in them it appears, but random amounts. You get some for going through an Event, but to get more you need to do Thanos Alliance Raids which go up to LEVEL 60.

Thanos himself is a Villain Cosmic Mystic Protector.

Basic is a punch that gives him Counter.
Special is a blast that inflicts Offense Down and Taunts.
Ultimate is an AOE drain attack that can't miss.
Passive gives him extra Resist when he Taunts, plus gives him and Black Order allies energy when he kills someone.

He's on the slow side at 94 speed.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Just posting again to say that Groot Squad still has a spot open. We've hit 60% on the last 4 raids we've done, so come help us hit 100.

MaxiCalifornia
Feb 7, 2010

Expired Vitamin posted:

We would love to have you. There are the same number of spots in a 40 raid as there are in the alliance so everyone over level 25 can join, hit things, and then get paid.

Cheers :D I applied as Maksi.

If Black Panther's new explosion ability does comparable damage to Crossbones, BP could be a much better nuke since he's also a proper brawler. Does he show up in the campaigns or only Blitz so far?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Maintenance is over, got the new patch.. still getting the old "stuck at 42%" bug. Great.

Edit: Anyone else's game having to lad a lot of little things over and over? I feel like there's massive slowdowns now.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 19, 2018

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
New update, everything is glitchy as gently caress. Fox Next in negotiations to take on entire Gazillion staff.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Finally our switch flipper gets to work again

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So excited to work with Mr Gaz again.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

MaxiCalifornia posted:

If Black Panther's new explosion ability does comparable damage to Crossbones, BP could be a much better nuke since he's also a proper brawler. Does he show up in the campaigns or only Blitz so far?

Something glitched in the update. I can see your request but can't accept it. This happened at Launch too. We will get you in quick as we can.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The thanos event missions are super easy except for the very last one. Widow won't leave Dr Strange alone!!!

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
I finally beat it by using 2 tanks and Night Nurse. After doing all the event missions I'm 70/100 to getting Thanos, it's cool that it seems they made him actually attainable. Just gotta get that raid going!!

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

MaxiCalifornia posted:

You're in now. Welcome aboard. Hit the 40 raid.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Another Black Panther Blitz.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Alliance leaders, do you have any way to restrict who can start a raid? Keys are getting blown on the wrong raids almost daily.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Alliance leaders, do you have any way to restrict who can start a raid? Keys are getting blown on the wrong raids almost daily.

Not really, it relies more on people being active in the Alliance to work together to get it setup.

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014
The Alliance Leader can set it so that only Captains can start Raids.

• Locked thread