Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey if you finished Atelier Lydie and Suelle, make sure to take the survey printed on the box or in the manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

well drat thats another rpg for me to look forward to

https://twitter.com/dominictarason/status/986948601342554112

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

I've been filling in the gaps of Final Fantasy games I haven't beaten and I only have 3 more to go. I'm currently playing through FF3 and I actively want to kill myself.

drat, sorry you don't like good music

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I've been filling in the gaps of Final Fantasy games I haven't beaten and I only have 3 more to go. I'm currently playing through FF3 and I actively want to kill myself.

Stop while your ahead and instead play DQ a series that deserves to be played in it's entirety.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I dunno if I can really recommend playing all the way through FF3. I feel like anything you might want from it, you'll get better from FF5 or Bravely Default or something.

I respect the "I want to say I've finished every game in this series" goal, but eventually it just can't be worth it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Agean90 posted:

well drat thats another rpg for me to look forward to

https://twitter.com/dominictarason/status/986948601342554112

Everything about Disco Elysium look so loving good

It's been awhile since I've been so excited for a game

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
what is this and why do I want to buy it so badly

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Flavius Belisarius posted:

drat, sorry you don't like good music

Unfortunately I don't get to hear the music because the game is so slow I have to run it at 4x to stay sane and the audio gets garbled so I have to mute it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

CubeTheory posted:

Unfortunately I don't get to hear the music because the game is so slow I have to run it at 4x to stay sane and the audio gets garbled so I have to mute it.

Sure sounds like a fun and worthwhile use of one's time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

its okay to not play games you don't like

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
everyone please stop hurting yourselves, unless its like a kink or something

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can add "finish f3" in your resume, at least!!!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

don't listen to them CubeTheory, eat your vegetables

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The real question is if you are playing FF3 on NES or 3DS/PC because one of those is a horrible nightmare.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

what is this and why do I want to buy it so badly

Disco Elysium brother, super high concept detective rpg slated to come out soon (though I kinda preferred the old working title of No Truce with the Furies) http://zaumstudio.com/

You should also read the dev posts about the nature of the skill systems, the whole thing seems like an incredibly fresh and unique take on how to govern a character's behavior in game

http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/2017/02/13/meet-skills-intellect/

http://zaumstudio.com/2018/04/11/meet-the-skills-physique/

http://zaumstudio.com/2018/03/13/meet-the-skills-psyche/

Super excited for this game, if it fulfills even a quarter of its promises I'll be thrilled

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ethiser posted:

The real question is if you are playing FF3 on NES or 3DS/PC because one of those is a horrible nightmare.

DS version on PC. I'm over halfway through and then I only have two more games to the finish line: FF2 and FF6.
Somehow FF6 will be the last game I play. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It'll sure feel like it after those two.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If you can't get through 3 you are gonna have a lot of trouble with 2.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

imo 2 is easier than DS FF3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

It'll sure feel like it after those two.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

imo 2 is easier than DS FF3

I guess it depends on the version of FF2. I felt the Origins version was harder than the Dawn of Souls one.
But it's mostly just a matter of figuring out the system.

With FF3D...well, just hope the boss doesn't hit your mage twice and god forbid they crit. Also hope your mage gets off that heal in time.

I'd still much rather play FF3 though. Just a lot more interesting. I love job classes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The GBA version of FF2 is fine. Not like mindblowing but it isn't actively unpleasant

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

DS version on PC. I'm over halfway through and then I only have two more games to the finish line: FF2 and FF6.
Somehow FF6 will be the last game I play. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

The DS game is horrible so sorry about that.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

didn't the DS version horribly nerf the ninja and sage jobs? what a travesty

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

didn't the DS version horribly nerf the ninja and sage jobs? what a travesty

It nerfed most jobs in general because it treated advanced jobs like sidegrades instead of objectively better options.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
FF3DS nerfed fun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't nerf what didn't exist

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

alliance alive is pretty mediocre. 1/3 of the main cast never does anything and the story is just pretty boring. theres actually a lot of cool hidden 'lore' but it doesn't really matter much when the actual stuff you're playing through is so meh.

there's a couple of characters that are very 'suikoden' but nothing is ever really done with them....also the music is no bueno

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

One man's nerf is another man's rebalance.

Personally, I'm very happy I could use a Red Mage from beginning to end because Red Mage is the best Class.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

quote:

Final Fantasy III DS

the face of nightmares. if you don't know it yet, you will soon

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
extremely nisa

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

The boy has a point, I have no idea on what that means, either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I finally got Ys8 to stop crashing at the beach, and that was to turn off every single core except one in my affinity task manager.

What a mess.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Oh wow, I don't think I've seen anything like this since Suikoden 2.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that cat's angular body is weirding me out

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Delsaber posted:

I've had the problem with Atlus games before- specifically Persona 3 Portable and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

U-DO Burger posted:

that cat's angular body is weirding me out

pikkards are good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Delsaber posted:

Wild Arms 2 also let you type various kana in the name entry screen. They dummied out some of them into blankspace but they're all stored far beneath the English letter selection on the name entry screen. Which you can still navigate the cursor to, it just goes outside the bounds of the displayed box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

OddObserver posted:

The boy has a point, I have no idea on what that means, either.

it's literally just the english text untranslated lmao