Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
But where's the Dissidia and Theatrhythm Legions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Saint Freak posted:

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG BOY
MY FATHER
TOOK ME INTO THE CITY

Comparison shot.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Veks posted:

It used to be kiiiiinda worth it in 2.0, but not since then.

Let me tell you about the world of scholars melding strength VIs on their Eureka gear because book auto attacks are an insane amount of damage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The IXth Legion legatus will be based on Beatrix, and she will be insanely badass.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm going to copyright the quest title "Assault on Legion XIII" and then wait for my sweet, sweet royalty check from Koji in six years or so.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Verranicus posted:

Ending the "cycle of violence" by letting one side of a conflict slaughter the other completely isn't just "poor methods", it's stupid. It's Micaiah from Radiant Dawn levels of stupid. Maybe if they had left out the scene of her gleefully cackling as the camera fades to black she would have been more sympathetic.

Was that not also the plan of the Ishgardians, just in the other direction? Yes Ysayle was wrong. That was the point. She does a whole face turn over it.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The IIIrd, IXth, and Xth Legion Legatuses are prime sympathy bait, depending on how close they are in personality to those games' villains.

Then again, we already had actual Xande in XIV and he was a dick. Regula also wasn't based on Kefka.

Regula wasn't based on Kefka, but his story is FFVI incarnate.

I like that Xande's story actually kinda mirrors Bahamut's. In Xande's day, he was a hero. When he got revived in a new era, he was a mad tyrant. Bahamut the dragon seemed like a nice guy. Bahamut the primal is an unbelievable dick. Lesson: Stop bringing people back from the dead. Lookin at you, Zenos!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
X Legion will be lead by Jecht, who's been turned into a primal by the power of his legion's belief - say he's the first non-native Garlean legatus. Braska, Seymour, and Yunalesca are his tribunes. Auron is the Imperial defector who gives you the quests and helps take down the legion. Sin shows up at the very end as a primal trial to finish the story.

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Machinist glam! :sparkles:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SonicRulez posted:

Regula wasn't based on Kefka, but his story is FFVI incarnate.

Yeah, he was Leo. I could see Beatrix or Brahne for the inspiration of the IXth Legion. Jecht or Seymour for Xth.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Machinist glam! :sparkles:

This is pretty rad - I'm not big on the smaller MCH guns, but you make it work. :v:

I just wish I could get a huge fuckoff gun - the Ironworks bow is so rad because it's big and dumb, but the Ironworks gun is just kinda whatever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think I've figured out how 4.3 is going to go in regard to Asahi's plan. Is it alright to share theories?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think I've figured out how 4.3 is going to go in regard to Asahi's plan. Is it alright to share theories?

We kill Asahi

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

He was tempered by Shinryu!Zenos, maybe.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Oxyclean posted:

This is pretty rad - I'm not big on the smaller MCH guns, but you make it work. :v:

I just wish I could get a huge fuckoff gun - the Ironworks bow is so rad because it's big and dumb, but the Ironworks gun is just kinda whatever.

There are a couple. The Dreadwyrm Handgonne is a big, gold-encrusted grenade launcher.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 19, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish. :argh:

I think the mirror that was given to Yotsuyu was stolen from the Red Kojin's Treasury and is a Primal summoning object like what happened with Susano. This was likely set up to frame the Blue Kojin (whom I imagine will be called in as ambassadors to say the Kojin have no intentions of summoning), provide an excuse to take action against Doma, and maybe kill Yotsuyu in the crossfire. The Primal may be Tsukuyomi. Possibly with Amaterasu alongside it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hey cool dudes. My team of clowns is progging O8S (we hit enrage on the first bit last week), but our ninja is getting his life slapped by upcoming final exams. We're looking for a melee DPS sub for tonight, and potentially next week, if he's still locked down. Shoot me a message on Discord at Vitamin#0001 if you're interested.

We've already cleared O5-7S for this week, fyi.

E: jesus christ I forgot to mention we start at 7PM CST

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 19, 2018

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!

Oxyclean posted:

Might I recommend : The Giantsgall knifelock? https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ccf44b9bd62/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cythereal posted:

X Legion will be lead by Jecht, who's been turned into a primal by the power of his legion's belief - say he's the first non-native Garlean legatus. Braska, Seymour, and Yunalesca are his tribunes. Auron is the Imperial defector who gives you the quests and helps take down the legion. Sin shows up at the very end as a primal trial to finish the story.

I would think the Xth Legion leader would be a stand-in for Seymore who seems reasonable at first, until you learn he murdered his way through the ranks with his eyes set on the throne. Also he steadfastly refuses to die even after you kill him repeatedly.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I would think the Xth Legion leader would be a stand-in for Seymore who seems reasonable at first, until you learn he murdered his way through the ranks with his eyes set on the throne. Also he steadfastly refuses to die even after you kill him repeatedly.

He also becomes a bigger and bigger joke as the game progresses even to the characters themselves which is also pretty garlean

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Thundarr posted:

Eh, thing is Seymour isn't the primary antagonist of FFX. He's a recurring pain in the rear end, but he's not really the problem.

I could see him as a seeming ally, particularly if the legatus has gone primal, but then when you've killed not-Jecht/Sin, instead of being a grateful ally he tries to seize power for himself.

I'm hoping to see an actual sympathetic bunch of Garleans, since I think a story going to Garlemald pretty much has to involve a Garlean rebellion, and a X Legion seems like one of the most likely candidates.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

UHD posted:

He also becomes a bigger and bigger joke as the game progresses even to the characters themselves which is also pretty garlean

But enough about Grynewaht

Cythereal posted:

Eh, thing is Seymour isn't the primary antagonist of FFX. He's a recurring pain in the rear end, but he's not really the problem.

I could see him as a seeming ally, particularly if the legatus has gone primal, but then when you've killed not-Jecht/Sin, instead of being a grateful ally he tries to seize power for himself.

General Leo isn't 6's antagonist but the legatus was based off him, so in general they play fast and loose with the whole legate-drawing-inspiration-from-their-number thing.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 19, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I'm hoping to see an actual sympathetic bunch of Garleans, since I think a story going to Garlemald pretty much has to involve a Garlean rebellion, and a X Legion seems like one of the most likely candidates.

The aforementioned suggestion of an IXth Legion headed by not-Beatrix seems like a plausible option for sympathetic Garleans. Although we’d probably end up befriending the schlubby city watch who have a one-sided rivalry with them first.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cythereal posted:

You done Rabanastre?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nessus posted:

You done Rabanastre?

Nope.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Eh, thing is Seymour isn't the primary antagonist of FFX.

Neither is Leo, but Regula is based on him.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cythereal posted:

I dunno. Jecht is the personification of Tidus' Daddy issues and the last real boss, but Sin is less an antagonist than a force of nature and a plot motivation. Seymore is the one who does the villain poo poo.

And yeah other than that one ridiculous difficulty spike on Mt Gagazet he becomes less a badguy and more a speed bump as time goes by which would probably fit a Tribunus that isn't the Big Bad for the Garlemald expansion.

I do fully expect for there to be nice Garleans to hang with though. If not a full fledged resistance, then at least a group who are unhappy enough with the way things are that they want to see change but are maybe powerless to affect it until a WoL falls into their lap.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Thundarr posted:

a group who are unhappy enough with the way things are that they want to see change but are maybe powerless to affect it until a WoL falls into their lap.
So, the Ascians?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I dunno. Jecht is the personification of Tidus' Daddy issues and the last real boss, but Sin is less an antagonist than a force of nature and a plot motivation. Seymore is the one who does the villain poo poo.

And yeah other than that one ridiculous difficulty spike on Mt Gagazet he becomes less a badguy and more a speed bump as time goes by which would probably fit a Tribunus that isn't the Big Bad for the Garlemald expansion.

I do fully expect for there to be nice Garleans to hang with though. If not a full fledged resistance, then at least a group who are unhappy enough with the way things are that they want to see change but are maybe powerless to affect it until a WoL falls into their lap.

The wedding between the Xth legion’s legatus and y’shtola is going to be awkward as gently caress

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

The wedding between the Xth legion’s legatus and y’shtola is going to be awkward as gently caress

Garlemald expansion starts by Alphinaud objecting at the wedding and starting a war

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bolow posted:

Garlemald expansion starts by Alphinaud objecting at the wedding and starting a war

This would end with revealing that Alphinaud is nothing but a pint-sized primal himself and fading away at the expansion's end, so... I'm okay with this, actually.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You should try it out before your sub ends, its a nice little quest although its still unfinished.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I believe it's a side quests at Ala Ghiri? The southern walled town in The Peaks. That focuses on a former Garlean Centurion who wasn't a giant piece of poo poo. Guy talks about the Empire and how Gyr Abania and Doma are pretty significant outliers compared to the rest of the colonies when it comes to treatment of the civilians.

There's also Regula from the Warring Triad quests who's a cool dude, definitely still evil but not stupid evil. He has hosed up beliefs but he's not an idiot.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Gaius did nothing wrong

Say what you want about Gaius, but he kept us safe.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Bolow posted:

I believe it's a side quests at Ala Ghiri? The southern walled town in The Peaks. That focuses on a former Garlean Centurion who wasn't a giant piece of poo poo. Guy talks about the Empire and how Gyr Abania and Doma are pretty significant outliers compared to the rest of the colonies when it comes to treatment of the civilians.

There's also Regula from the Warring Triad quests who's a cool dude, definitely still evil but not stupid evil. He has hosed up beliefs but he's not an idiot.

The Midlander who always tags around with Kan-E-Senna, and was in the valentines event with her, is also a former Imperial soldier who decided to stay in Eorzea after the Calamity because of Gridania's healers helping him recover. He even has a line during the time before the assault on Ala Mhigo when everyone is gathered in Porta Praetoria about how he feels fighting against the Empire.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 20, 2018

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

It's me, I'm the broke-brained idiot that finished leveling his jobs so he could finish all of the Eureka weapons.

:shepicide:

I hope to join you before the next expansion hits. I probably won't, though. I'm still working on getting every class to 60 so I can get all the Garo titles.

Oh, and I'm almost done farming Atma from fates. I'll have gotten every available Atma weapon soon.

My progress:
PLD: Zeta (sacrificed), Lux and Anemos
AST: Sharpened
WAR, MNK, NIN, SMN, WHM: Atma
DRG, BRD, BLM, SCH: Zenith (I only need one Atma each)
DRK, SAM, MCH and RDM: nothing yet

Solitair fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 20, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

itskage posted:

Say what you want about Gaius, but he kept us safe.

- Julius eir Baelsar (!)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Solitair posted:

I hope to join you before the next expansion hits. I probably won't, though. I'm still working on getting every class to 60 so I can get all the Garo titles.

Oh, and I'm almost done farming Atma from fates. I'll have gotten every available Atma weapon soon.

My progress:
PLD: Zeta (sacrificed), Lux and Anemos
AST: Sharpened
WAR, MNK, NIN, SMN, WHM: Atma
DRG, BRD, BLM, SCH: Zenith (I only need one Atma each)
DRK, SAM, MCH and RDM: nothing yet

Dear god I'm at the light grinding step for my first Anima weapon and I can't bring myself to finish it, let alone doing MULTIPLE

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

- Julius eir Baelsar (!)

:hmmyes:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Dear god I'm at the light grinding step for my first Anima weapon and I can't bring myself to finish it, let alone doing MULTIPLE

Well, I haven't done that phase yet. I figure I could level AST while I'm doing it. The other jobs come first, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I would rather die than do the book step multiple times.