Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This has to be Elway being untrustworthy again, imo

It's only dishonest if he says it won't go for a king's ransom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

spanky69 posted:

Here is what the leaks look like so far:

Week 5

Indy at NE (Thu)

That is rear end that we have to go to NE on a Thursday.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Eagles/Jags might be one of the best games they've ever done in London. Also wondering if the Viking fan :qq: caused the NFL to pick the Falcons for Week 1 instead. Should be a better game probably.

One of those two teams won't be as currently advertised.

It's our team :pwn:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

I can't wait for a Bills Monday night game and to see what the Bills Mafia can do with a whole day headstart on getting alcohol poisoning.

Who makes tables, cause I'm buying some stock.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope the Eagles bye week is around the London game

And since they open on TNF, they won't have to deal with a midweek game

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I hope the Rams have mostly prime time and nationally televised games this year so I don't have to pay for loving DAZN

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

I hope the Rams have mostly prime time and nationally televised games this year so I don't have to pay for loving DAZN

Thanks to Jimmy G, you'll get at least one: the Rams play the Niners at Levi's, week 7 on SNF.

(sounds like Jimmy gets 5 prime time games this year)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

One of those two teams won't be as currently advertised.

It's our team :pwn:

Well yeah, because Wentz is coming back!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I hope the Eagles bye week is around the London game

And since they open on TNF, they won't have to deal with a midweek game

I think by NFL rule they have to have it the week after.

Falcons/Saints on Thanksgiving Night should be pretty drat good. I'd be pissed if I was a Saints fan for how they scheduled their Panthers games. Week 15 (MNF) and then Week 17. Seriously? It's like a repeat of last year with way too many back-loaded divisional games.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

axeil posted:

Falcons/Saints on Thanksgiving Night should be pretty drat good. I'd be pissed if I was a Saints fan for how they scheduled their Panthers games. Week 15 (MNF) and then Week 17. Seriously? It's like a repeat of last year with way too many back-loaded divisional games.

Isn't that the new trend though? I thought they started back-loading division games with most teams to prevent teams resting half their team when they locked seeding up.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

waah posted:

I can't wait for a Bills Monday night game and to see what the Bills Mafia can do with a whole day headstart on getting alcohol poisoning.

What makes you think they'd only start drinking on Monday?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

axeil posted:

Hell, I like it. Makes the divisional races more exciting.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol, they have been back loading the division games for like the past 3 years...

It's cool and good and adds more drama to the end of the season.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
bummer if the Falcons are playing week 1 against the Eagles. Would have liked a season opening rematch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Isn't that the new trend though? I thought they started back-loading division games with most teams to prevent teams resting half their team when they locked seeding up.

Yeah, it's a bit silly though. Last year the Patriots last 6 games were Dolphins, Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Bills, Jets.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/19/nfl-agent-poll-bruce-allen-redskins-bill-belichick-demaurice-smith/528741002/

In non schedule news, this is pretty neat. A poll of agents about GMs, teams and the CBA.

lol Bengals. Least prepared AND trusted towards the bottom.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNFL/status/987067596271910912

Finally a good signing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fsif posted:

Publicly announcing "we hate it here at 5!" a week before the draft does strike me as a strange move if they're being honest about their intentions.

Chris James 2 posted:

It's only dishonest if he says it won't go for a king's ransom

You're both right..I just hate the idea. But maybe this means my Lamar Jackson dream will come true???

it's gonna be defense or runningback

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 19, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I absolutely expected Miami to be in that bottom 5 of prepared

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Week 17 is always a divisional game but what the Saints had last year was unprecedented. 5 out of their last 6 games were divisional ones, and they had 2 games against the Falcons in under 20 days.

Looks like something similar is happening this year.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's a bit silly though. Last year the Patriots last 6 games were Dolphins, Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Bills, Jets.

Yeah exactly. You don't want to go back to the days of the early 2000s when the Eagles won the division before Thanksgiving one time but that scheduling is nuts. You should aim to have half the games before Week 10 and half after.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

I absolutely expected Miami to be in that bottom 5 of prepared

I dunno, the Dolphins sure do seem to get a lot of deals done. They may be overpays, but they're always seriously active. Bengals / Browns / Washington though... woof.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
News: The Bucs don't have a Thursday night game this season.

Views: Owns, as they've lost 5 straight on TNF.

Edit: Week 5 bye, which should be much better than a Week 1 bye.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 19, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

News: The Bucs don't have a Thursday night game this season.

I'm guessing this is incorrect.

If it's not every other team in the league should be screaming about it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

axeil posted:

Eagles/Jags might be one of the best games they've ever done in London. Also wondering if the Viking fan :qq: caused the NFL to pick the Falcons for Week 1 instead. Should be a better game probably.

The Saints vs Chargers give no fucks shoot-out was the best London game so far, and I think the entire crowd gave both teams a standing ovation at the end of it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

What's wrong with that?

Like I wouldn't mind playing the NFC North in December. That'd rule, actually

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The Saints vs Chargers give no fucks shoot-out was the best London game so far, and I think the entire crowd gave both teams a standing ovation at the end of it

That was a great game.

Also you guys are ruining the NFL schedule release show!!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

I'm guessing this is incorrect.

If it's not every other team in the league should be screaming about it.

I know the full schedule for the Bucs has leaked, including the dates/times of home games.

TB Times writers tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/tometrics/status/987056415071260674

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope that schedule leak holds and the Ravens only subject me to one game this year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

I know the full schedule for the Bucs has leaked, including the dates/times of home games.

TB Times writers tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/tometrics/status/987056415071260674

What are they giving up in exchange?

Like I said, if the Bucs have no Thursday games every team in the league who is not the Bucs should be livid.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
San Fran Jimmy Gs @ Minnesota Kirk Cousins for week 1

thats a lot of dollars colliding

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
gently caress Kirk Cousins.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

A Man and his dog posted:

gently caress Kirk Cousins.

Only if it is consensual.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Dont make him google that word, he's a busy man

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Coldforge posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/19/nfl-agent-poll-bruce-allen-redskins-bill-belichick-demaurice-smith/528741002/

In non schedule news, this is pretty neat. A poll of agents about GMs, teams and the CBA.

lol Bengals. Least prepared AND trusted towards the bottom.
Even agents agree. gently caress John Elway.

Chiefs are probably on the road first 2 games with a concert at Arrowhead Week 1 happening and Royals scheduling conflict Week 2. 49ers probable Week 3 game as Home Opener and rumor is they will open at Pittsburgh.

Definitely going to be fun watching Mahomes shred that Defense :getin:

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 19, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bills schedule (bold = home)

7-9 here we come

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MrLogan posted:

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers open at home, late game sunday against Dallas :barf:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I want to apologize for anyone who has to watch a prime time game with the Colts in it.

That is rear end that we have to go to NE on a Thursday.

Yeah cause if they had to come to Indy it would be a totally different outcome.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Athanatos posted:

I want to apologize for anyone who has to watch a prime time game with the Colts in it.

just grab a stapler and attach brissett's shoulder onto luck, imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Niners have five prime-time games including hosting the Raiders.

They better be good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao how the gently caress do you look at the Redskins and Kirk Cousins and come up with “gently caress Kirk Cousins”

• Locked thread