Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
In kayfabe you could add Major Stash and Buzzkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

If you wanna add wholly fictitional characters, there's a character on the workshop called 420 Bobbins that's a part of some E-Fed. Also "TCC-Chan" apparently.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Takuan posted:

If you wanna add wholly fictitional characters, there's a character on the workshop called 420 Bobbins that's a part of some E-Fed. Also "TCC-Chan" apparently.

I thought about 420 Bobbins and opted against him because I was able to fill the spaces out just fine. I'm not touching anything related to the chans (TCC-Chan is apparently 420chan's mascot) with a 50 foot pole.

I'm gonna move this line of conversation over to the games thread since I've gotten the info I need, but in case anyone's curious and doesn't wanna pop over there, here's the bracket for the tournament, seeded by the point value of the edits used.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
edit: never mind

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you need two more, there's Jim Duggan and Iron Sheik who got pulled over in similar fashion to RVD and Sabu.

Already got Sheik (the Konnan story about Sheik smoking a J on an airplane and convincing the stewardess it's just "Iranian tobacco" is amazing), TIL on Duggan though.

(Sheik's seeded against Session Moth Martina. :ohdear:)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My buddy smoked a blunt with MVP and Sonjay Dutt at Walemania.

So Sonjay Dutt, I guess?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Already got Sheik (the Konnan story about Sheik smoking a J on an airplane and convincing the stewardess it's just "Iranian tobacco" is amazing), TIL on Duggan though.

(Sheik's seeded against Session Moth Martina. :ohdear:)

Doesn’t happen often, but sometimes xenophobia is very helpful.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Always wondered...if Tenryu didn't leave All Japan was Misawa going to unmask anyway or was Baba going to have him be Tiger Mask for a few more years.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Always wondered...if Tenryu didn't leave All Japan was Misawa going to unmask anyway or was Baba going to have him be Tiger Mask for a few more years.

He would've unmasked down the line either way. The whole 4 pillars thing would've started much later due to Tenryu being at the top for a while fighting the foreigners, but Jumbo's impending health issues and move to being a part-time nostalgia act would've been a factor either way to bring newer talent to the main event.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Takuan posted:

I remember hearing that "brother" Yasshi and Shuji Kondo were fired from Dragon Gate for weed usage, but I can't find anything to corroborate that with a quick google search.

This isn't true but "brother" YASSHI is absolutely a weedlord. Because it's Japan you can't come out and say you smoke weed but that doesn't stop him from wearing pot leaf shirts and calling his finisher the Nice Jamaican.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The real reason is unknown, the official statement was that the whole group acted unprofessionally outside of the ring. Some rumors went around that they had caused a commotion at an event with some sponsors/business partners present by completely no showing.

Asteroid Alert fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 20, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How many major televised entrance mishaps have there been since entrances became a thing?

Off the top of my head:
Undertaker going up in flames then storming to the ring.
Ultimo Dragon (and others) slipping on the ramp at his WrestleMania debut.
Someone, possibly Undertaker, tried to ride a motorcycle up the ramp but it wouldn't start; it's possible I'm thinking of the NWO/Bischoff thing where they gifted motorcycles to each other.

Shockmaster is an honorable mention but not an actual televised match entrance, same with Owen.

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
I remember Taker's bike stalling out once at the top of the ramp and him sitting there real awkwardly before giving up and walking down instead.

hey here's a lovely video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QmM8zo5mo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone, possibly Undertaker, tried to ride a motorcycle up the ramp but it wouldn't start; it's possible I'm thinking of the NWO/Bischoff thing where they gifted motorcycles to each other.

It was Hogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbV7o2_hadE

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How many major televised entrance mishaps have there been since entrances became a thing?

Off the top of my head:

Shockmaster is an honorable mention but not an actual televised match entrance, same with Owen.

It was in some podcast I listened to a while ago so memory is sketchy but wasn't Triple H burned pretty bad during a fancy entrance? I dunno, there was dry ice or something like that and it got on his chest I think they said.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws2cJVuTtJc&t=260s

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The main event of In Your House: International Incident had the spectator barrier collapse during HBK(?)'s entrance, causing a bunch of fans to fall on the ramp while he walked to the ring. It was pretty funny.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rey Mysterio's catapult thingy didn't work at Mania 26, so he had to just climb up to the ramp.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbQXK4uhKsQ

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Off the top of my head:

Several people slipped on the new WCW set in April of 99.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I don't remember if it was before or after the match, but Kane did his pyro taunt and nothing happened, so he stood there like a dunce with Big Show cracking up.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Did anyone actually fall in the giant pit in the Invasion set?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Elimination Chamber 2010, pyro went off at the wrong time and Undertaker got burned. Instead of his usual slow lumber to the ring, he sprinted into his pod and a stagehand brought him water to pour on himself.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

Several people slipped on the new WCW set in April of 99.

I was just about to mention that you’d be guaranteed at least one slip per episode once they introduced the bird poo poo entrance stage.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

There was the super-scary time where Kane's pyro went off in The Undertaker's face.

https://youtu.be/sms9K7eROyQ

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Goldberg fell on his arse throwing kicks at SummerSlam 2003 I think.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is the incident that make Steve Austin retire early

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Did anyone actually fall in the giant pit in the Invasion set?

RVD did a frog splash onto Jeff Hardy into it, I believe.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

RVD did a frog splash onto Jeff Hardy into it, I believe.

I thought he only kicked Jeff off and Jeff fell in.

Trish nearly fell backwards into it but Lita stopped her before she could.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The main event of In Your House: International Incident had the spectator barrier collapse during HBK(?)'s entrance, causing a bunch of fans to fall on the ramp while he walked to the ring. It was pretty funny.

I went looking for this, and having never embedded a mp4 before, I hope this isn't too big.

https://i.imgur.com/lpG8Tkv.mp4

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm looking for a promo (iirc) Terry Funk did where he basically called Jerry Lawler a pedophile. Something about hanging around middle schools on his time off. It's from Memphis back in the day. Thanks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm looking for a promo (iirc) Terry Funk did where he basically called Jerry Lawler a pedophile. Something about hanging around middle schools on his time off. It's from Memphis back in the day. Thanks

Is it the one where he shouts BABY BANGER a lot? Because I think that might be it, it was from a series of promos he cut leading up to a match he had with a TV interviewer named Corey Maclin against Lawler and Jimmy Hart. Unfortunately there's only a couple on youtube and neither are the one we're talking about (assuming I'm right).

That said, any excuse to watch Terry Funk promos is a good one.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 21, 2018

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

alright, so I'm going to ask something that might feel like a "do my homework for me" question, but... this has been kind of a bastard to google and most of the results i'm getting are modern WWE.

who all, in the wrestling world, has been revealed to be a pothead? i'm putting together a pool of possible participants for a Fire Pro 4/20 tournament, and so far I've got:

Io Shirai
Session Moth Martina
RVD
Sabu
X-Pac
The Godfather
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Honky Tonk Man
Rick Rude
Matt Riddle
Iron Sheik
Konnan
MVP
Randy Orton
Brian Kendrick
Val Venis
Road Dogg
Darren Young
Jack Swagger
R-Truth
Evan Bourne
Heath Slater
Kevin Nash

is there anyone notable I'm missing from this list, particularly people from outside the US and/or women? i only know Io Shirai and Martina do it because of goon scuttlebutt, they didn't come up at all when i googled.

I know it's too late but how are you gonna include Io Shirai and not NOSAWA Rongai, her boyfriend at the time of the weed arrest and known buddy of ICP?

Also towards the end of her career, Kyoko Kimura was just straight up wearing marijuana-themed gear.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LvK posted:

I know it's too late but how are you gonna include Io Shirai and not NOSAWA Rongai, her boyfriend at the time of the weed arrest and known buddy of ICP?

Also towards the end of her career, Kyoko Kimura was just straight up wearing marijuana-themed gear.

I didn't include Io Shirai. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSwBthmptTM

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Smoking Crow posted:

if you're thinking of this promo, it was doug gilbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is0oHPL-nis

edit: Man, Test was really over as a babyface prior to the wedding. I'm guessing he gets buried by DX constantly afterwards? I didn't watch at the time and was shocked when I read he died at only 33 years old.

Seams fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 21, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

Mini Park, 26, heart attack.

If this is La Parkita it was a little more complicated than that

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5884316/Woman-held-over-death-of-midget-wrestlers.html

edit: this might have already been discussed I didn't realize two pages had gone by

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Seams posted:

edit: Man, Test was really over as a babyface prior to the wedding. I'm guessing he gets buried by DX constantly afterwards? I didn't watch at the time and was shocked when I read he died at only 33 years old.

I still wonder why they didn't just pit Test against HHH at Armageddon. I know he wasn't good but the match with Vince was godawful.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Triple H didn't want to have a guaranteed bad high profile match back then. It was only a few months later that he became extremely comfortable in his position. oldScoop

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Seams posted:

if you're thinking of this promo, it was doug gilbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is0oHPL-nis

I'm learning that there's an entire genre of promos where people call Jerry Lawler a pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Max Coveri posted:

I still wonder why they didn't just pit Test against HHH at Armageddon. I know he wasn't good but the match with Vince was godawful.
The story was for Steph to turn on Vince, so it made way more sense for him to be in the match from that POV