Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

pseudorandom name posted:

Comedy option: Comey leaked the memo.

Entirely possible. "You guys are going to have it in minutes, anyway, so here's the full paper, unedited. Compare with what Nunes and co. "leak" later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

Comedy option: Comey leaked the memo.

It would not surprise me if he did leak it to a reporter, or at the very least a few reporters had copies of it and he said "If XYZ thing happens, feel free to report on it all you want"

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sinteres posted:

Maybe a Democrat who's managed to win in North Dakota knows more about her constituency than you do. It sucks, but the Senate is super rigged by geography for the Republicans, so we have to put up with lovely red state Democrats or just accept that Democrats will never hold a majority again. Republicans can afford to blow easy seats in a way that Democrats can't.

I guess I’m just curious as to what makes you believe she did this with a heavy heart, rather than out of actual ideological agreement with rectal feeding? Just seems like a lot of analysis being pulled from asses to cover for an rear end who voted for putting food in asses.

I have lived in a midwestern ag state my entire life and if you deliver the pork and suck down some tenderloins at enough events (ie show you are One Of Us) you pretty much got ‘er.

It’s hilarious to think people think this is about some kind of triangulation rather than just ideological agreement. Elections don’t swing on votes like this, in years like this one, and the credulity on display here is just...drat.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

selec posted:

I guess I’m just curious as to what makes you believe she did this with a heavy heart, rather than out of actual ideological agreement with rectal feeding? Just seems like a lot of analysis being pulled from asses to cover for an rear end who voted for putting food in asses.

I have lived in a midwestern ag state my entire life and if you deliver the pork and suck down some tenderloins at enough events (ie show you are One Of Us) you pretty much got ‘er.

It’s hilarious to think people think this is about some kind of triangulation rather than just ideological agreement. Elections don’t swing on votes like this, in years like this one, and the credulity on display here is just...drat.

Even if she did it because she wanted to, she's still better than her replacement would be. Ultimately her motivation doesn't matter.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987173366401585155

the hottest of takes.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

of all the different kinds of catastrophe worked by this presidency, i think the quiet, harmless moments where he's trying his gosh darn hardest and it isn't just working out, those are my favs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
According to those memos, Trump brought up the Piss Tape in 4 different meeting with Comey

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Except for that part where he says you knew that Flynn was compromised and still told him to back off his investigation?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So why does the CHUD flood think the memos mean the end of the Mueller investigation?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Also, the teacher's union in Arizona is about to announce the results of their vote today and if they will go on strike or not. Follow on azcentral.com or #redfored if you want.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So why does the CHUD flood think the memos mean the end of the Mueller investigation?

Chuds are dumb

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

selec posted:

So just so I’m clear on this the operating theory at work in this thread is that ND voters give a gently caress about Pompeo or are open to a political argument that Heitkamp not voting for him means she should lose?

That crucial segment of foreign policy hawks in ND?

Lot of dumb poo poo to avoid just admitting she’s ideologically closer to him than she is any of us, except maybe not I guess :agesilaus:

Let me try to sum up the operating theory at work in this thread for you:

Voting for Pompeo Bad, Electing Cramer Worse

Multiple people have advocated primaries. Zero people have sung Pompeo's praises. There was a particularly asinine assertion that the best way to punish Heitkamp for her vote was to withhold money from her campaign against Cramer, because costing her the election and losing her seat would be a warning to Bad Dems everywhere.

We've now reached the stage where we're intentionally misreading "Heitkamp is better than Kevin Cramer" as a ringing endorsement of Heitkamp and all of her votes because.... we have to fill our quota in a bizarre neoKeynesian strawman construction/demolition experiment?

SirPablo posted:

Also, the teacher's union in Arizona is about to announce the results of their vote today and if they will go on strike or not. Follow on azcentral.com or #redfored if you want.
Any insight on verified strikefunds or other means of crowdfunded support?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/987176760583315456

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Who dresses this dude

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Paracaidas posted:

I'll check with the Mrs but not sure yet. We're planning to do our part by watching some of the kids who's parents would be hit with child care needs. I hope others do the same.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
They are pushing a narrative across social media to their people that Comey is a leaker and not to be trusted. They are saying that the memos prove that the FBI is part of a Clinton conspiracy. They will say that Trump is a "loyal" boss and was just trying to give Flynn a soft landing and didn't fully understand everything at the time being so new and inexperienced in the ways of "slick lyin" Washington elites. Now is where they will attack back and claim they are surrounded by judas characters and people out to "get you" and the truly scary parts can begin.

Or they will just keep on like this for years?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

SirPablo posted:

I'll check with the Mrs but not sure yet. We're planning to do our part by watching some of the kids who's parents would be hit with child care needs. I hope others do the same.

Good on ya. Please update us when that info comes out! Would love to support from a distance in a more tangible way than a hashtag or an emoji.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

particle9 posted:

They are pushing a narrative across social media to their people that Comey is a leaker and not to be trusted. They are saying that the memos prove that the FBI is part of a Clinton conspiracy. They will say that Trump is a "loyal" boss and was just trying to give Flynn a soft landing and didn't fully understand everything at the time being so new and inexperienced in the ways of "slick lyin" Washington elites. Now is where they will attack back and claim they are surrounded by judas characters and people out to "get you" and the truly scary parts can begin.

Or they will just keep on like this for years?

Lol that only makes sense if you're already a lost cause mega chud

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Man Trump has a big rear end

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/marcfox10/status/987181323138678784?s=20

57,000 votes across the state, 78% voted to strike. Plan is to walk out beginning Thursday.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
And you motherfuckers thought I'D be the entertainment of the day.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

....mom? You’re on SA?

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

SirPablo posted:

https://twitter.com/marcfox10/status/987181323138678784?s=20

57,000 votes across the state, 78% voted to strike. Plan is to walk out beginning Thursday.

I'm happy they made this choice, despite the last minute feint from Gov. Ducey trying to pit teachers against... well... everyone, by promising them a raise but only if paid for by cutting university funding, medicaid, disability, and more.

AZ teachers are fired up!

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Paracaidas posted:

Is there a thread about the teachers strikes anywhere?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Could Trump have been telling the truth? Did Putin call him up and go, like, 'yeah, we have some of the finest prostitutes, don't we buddy?' to hint at the reality of the piss tape and threaten him?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Deteriorata posted:

Entirely possible. "You guys are going to have it in minutes, anyway, so here's the full paper, unedited. Compare with what Nunes and co. "leak" later.

Comey, presumably, wouldn't have access to the redacted copy.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Quabzor posted:

Is there a thread about the teachers strikes anywhere?

USPol? Where did people discuss the WV and OK strikes?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah this is absurd.

We knew that Pence lied about knowing, but Trump knew too and he was just like "eh"

edit* also can't sally yates talk about this now because this is basically declassified?

Unfortunately, this is an illegal leak of sensitive information. No one participating in this can say a loving word.

Hell, even having viewed these images means my personal hard drive is full of buttery mails vulnerable to hacks from steely eyed enemies of :911:, and I need to submit to a stern tongue lashing from the director of the FBI. Whoever that is right now.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Only very slightly touched up, like a fashion mag cover model

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I'm sure this has been said before, but they really shouldn't allow babies on the Senate floor.

Really, it's all about the crying, screaming, tantrumming and making GBS threads.

It just sets a bad example for the baby.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

SirPablo posted:

vote went Yes, it’s going down

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

I’m really enjoying Nunes chaos dunking on his own goal here. I’m wondering how Fox will read between the facts though and explain how this totally proves trump did nothing wrong.

Maybe the republicans will claim the memos were written on Opposite Day, so therefore the bad parts are actually good and the good parts are bad. And it’s aaaaaaall bad parts.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Chaos dunking gets me every time...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Glumslinger posted:

According to those memos, Trump brought up the Piss Tape in 4 different meeting with Comey

While hilarious I am sad to report that I no longer Peelieve. If trump really was talking in his confused and weird as rambley "jigsaw puzzle" way he's far more likely to have been telling the truth. He's nowhere near clever enough to talk in such a confusing way while maintaining a consistent narrative and idea and he's clearly not crazy enough to be crazy rambling.

So no, I no longer Peelieve, trump simply is not clever enough to communicate a consistent idea in such a hard to construct way. trump lying is "I'M 80 FEET TALL" and not a puzzle of confusing collection of half sentences coagulating into a final web of lies and as confusing a metaphor as a duck's back in a China shop.

But it is fun as gently caress that it bothers him so loving much that I'm going to scream "I PEELIEVE" as loud as I loving can until I get in line to piss on his grave.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

How do heels on grass work? Shouldn't Ivanka be sinking into the lawn? Or does is it not really a problem?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Someone entirely unrelated said that to me today and I am starting to believe in a collective unconscious.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Is this a legit technique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Dr.Radical posted:

Man Trump has a big rear end

It's his diaper.

• Locked thread