Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

NRVNQSR posted:

Yep. The gacha CEs basically exist to make non-event servants relevant for drops, and to make Lancelot and Angry amazing.

Just don't put them on any of the other event servants. That doesn't work, and it would be nice if my friends list figured that out.

Probably ok on Gil though since he's usuable normally and not just thrown in for event currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I am really really enjoying Waver and Gudako's Excellent Adventure. I'd like to think in some other timelines this is how Archer acts when he gets summoned in F/sn.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wait, the drop ce and the event servant bonus don't stack? the hell

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tired Moritz posted:

wait, the drop ce and the event servant bonus don't stack? the hell

The event servants give bonus to coins of the class they are strong against (or berserker of Lancelot and all for angry mango) while the CEs boost their class (gets weird with extra classes), yeah they don't stack since it's not the same bonus except on two of them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They both function at the same time, they're just mostly at cross-purposes. Servants boost drops from their advantageous class (ie Saber boosts lancer drops), while the CEs boost their own class.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Something I haven't been entirely clear on. Are characters like Bride Nero supposed to literally be different people? Her deal is basically "Yeh this Nero wasn't in Extra so she'll totally crush on you" but that doesn't make any sense. For that matter, Avenger Jalter is definitely the same as Orleans!Jalter, but she's not the same as Shinjuku!Jalter? Or something? What about the swimsuit versions of characters the same as the regular ones just in different outfits or... What is their deal?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To use an example, if you have a 3 Star CE from the FP summon or Iskander gacha, and you're farming a node with Assassins, put the 3 star CE on an Assassin Servant/Avenger Servant/Mash in your party if you want, and/or field Waver, Iri, and/or Caster Gilles with some other CE of your choice.

EDIT: @above: The flow of time is convoluted.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

Something I haven't been entirely clear on. Are characters like Bride Nero supposed to literally be different people? Her deal is basically "Yeh this Nero wasn't in Extra so she'll totally crush on you" but that doesn't make any sense. For that matter, Avenger Jalter is definitely the same as Orleans!Jalter, but she's not the same as Shinjuku!Jalter? Or something? What about the swimsuit versions of characters the same as the regular ones just in different outfits or... What is their deal?

It varies from character to character. Some are "different possibility" versions, while the swimsuit characters are just the ones you know affected by shenanigans.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 20, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

It varies. Some characters are "different possibility" versions, while the swimsuit characters are just the ones you know affected by shenanigans.

I thought the throne was supposed to be connected over every timeline?

Gologle posted:

That much I knew.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Took about 850k for me to get Weakest Avenger.

Now I'm stacked with bonuses so much I'm worried about combat effectiveness in later fights, lol.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
I would just like to give a shoutout to Sissel's mega Iskander, 140k NP against a single enemy, and that's before he gets his NP interlude. Whew lord.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Gologle posted:

To use an example, if you have a 3 Star CE from the FP summon or Iskander gacha, and you're farming a node with Assassins, put the 3 star CE on an Assassin Servant/Avenger Servant/Mash in your party if you want, and/or field Waver, Iri, and/or Caster Gilles with some other CE of your choice.

Also, for that specific purpose it doesn't matter which Assassin it is, so you can bring Jack or whoever, since the Hassans won't give you any special bonus to Assassin drops (only Rider ones).

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Geh, Journey to the West seems like a drag. What is the best place to farm the meat dumplings? Seems like I want a billion of them.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

genericnick posted:

Geh, Journey to the West seems like a drag. What is the best place to farm the meat dumplings? Seems like I want a billion of them.

Buns are either the first 20 AP quest or the 100 talisman quest where you fight Karna + Arjuna.

https://twitter.com/niconikon01/status/986640051541950466 and https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/comments/8d48yv/quick_go_west_rerun_guide/ both have some good information for this event, if you need anything else.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What's wrong with that event besides the 2nd week swerve? Sounds like it has issues with the grinding even besides that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Took about 850k for me to get Weakest Avenger.

Now I'm stacked with bonuses so much I'm worried about combat effectiveness in later fights, lol.

About the same amount here. Heckin' Yeah I say to that.

Also accidentally deleted ~1 Million CE XP in the process when I accidentally forgot to MLB a 48/50 CE in the process but I'll live.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Motto posted:

What's wrong with that event besides the 2nd week swerve? Sounds like it has issues with the grinding even besides that.

The only way to get Lotus is by paying a different currency to even fight on the nodes that give Lotus. Every single time.

You literally grind just to accrue enough currency to grind on another.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Motto posted:

The only real problem left with the event imo, with the caveat that it's a big problem even on the rerun, is that you have to grind to grind. There's are two currencies separate from the shops currencies that are used solely to access the best farming nodes. Note, not to unlock, but you have to spend each time. They alleviated a lot of the problems of the original by hugely increasing drop rates, making more bonus servants available, and increasing the bonus to drops you get from bonus servants and CEs, not to mention people already having MLB'd CEs to use right off the bat, but the double grinding thing is still bad.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im very impressed by the people that have the angra because I tried rolling the friend gacha for Kid Gil and I got bored pretty quickly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

nasu doesnt care and you shouldnt either

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
maybe they will do an extella link event and give us ugly mullet nameless

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Trip report. ~1.2 million FP spent. Got 2 Hundred faces, enough 3* event CEs to MLB three before burning the rest, and finger tips sore from tapping the thousands of trash items. No Angry Mango though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

nasu doesnt care and you shouldnt either

I need to know if I need to tag my Nero fanfic NTR or not.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

The servants you summon are basically copies of the full heroes stored in the Throne of Heroes, rather than the actual heroes. But they're only partial copies, who only get some aspects of the hero rather than the entire thing. Different versions are copies that got different aspects of the same Servant - for example, Saber Gilles and Caster Gilles are both copies of Gilles de Rais, each one only getting part of the original Gilles' skills, memories, and personality.

When that copy is done with their Holy Grail War and unsummoned, the Servant itself goes back to the Grail but doesn't take their memories along - at best, they get a bunch of loose factoids like "X happened and Y happened". Different summons of the same Servant are different copies of the same person, with essentially no memories of their previous summons - at best, they'll have vague impressions of things they saw or met in previous summons (for example, the Extra servants' tendency to like each other even though they don't really remember what happened in Extra).

There's exceptions to both of those paragraphs, because the Fate universe is all about exceptions. But for the most part, that's the rule of thumb.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

What Main Paineframe said. Also, FGO is a little weird in that it's implied that every servant the MC has ever met has been summoned and is living in Chaldea, and that unless directly portrayed otherwise Mash is the only servant that leyshifts to singularities with the MC. There is some stuff much later on that clarifies aspects of that, but :shrug:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

i may have gotten a little carried away with wanting to see the event story, but on the plus side

sadly one chaos talon away from 10/10/10, but :toot:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm happy that the Kayneth CE, much like Kayneth himself, rules and is very good.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I just did Alexander's Interlude to bump up his NP for my friends, and Achilles just told me that he thinks that there are no bad Riders. I don't think I can agree with that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

It is, which means that there are infinite versions of every hero.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

TheFireMagi posted:

i may have gotten a little carried away with wanting to see the event story, but on the plus side

sadly one chaos talon away from 10/10/10, but :toot:

That's awesome. Nicely done :)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Presumably the servants you can summon are almost always going to be connected with your timeline. No catalyst? Then the master effectively acts as one, so it'll draw a servant from your timeline because it's yours. Got a catalyst? Well, it's almost certainly going to be one from your timeline, etc.

And then FGO kicks down the door.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I didn't have time to really even start this event until mid afternoon today, and so far I'm just kinda bumbling my way through, with boosts as high as I can get granted, but my strategy for spending crests so far has been to look at all the quest unlock materials available and choose one at random. Seems to be working well enough so far, but I feel prioritizing better would be smarter.

Still plenty of time though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also bride nero is in extra ccc

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I saved up about 1.6 million and had to stop after about 300k FP because of the hell of constantly clicking 10-roll and inventory management. On the plus side, it finally got me to level up my scrub servants. Mata Hari will finally be happy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, Angry Manjew came home within less than 200k Friend points. Now I feel kinda silly, becouse I still have 1.3 million FP to burn.... Guess Ill try to NP2 him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, Angry Manjew came home within less than 200k Friend points.

:thunk:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aurora posted:

also bride nero is in extra ccc

yeah, but FGO's nero bride is meant to be a version that never went through a moon cell war. though she was paired with liz in america so I guess they don't really stick hard to that.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Motto posted:

yeah, but FGO's nero bride is meant to be a version that never went through a moon cell war. though she was paired with liz in america so I guess they don't really stick hard to that.

Both versions would have met Liz in Septem, so that's not particularly inconsistent.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Both versions would have met Liz in Septem, so that's not particularly inconsistent.

Nero is pretty clear about not remembering anything about Septem though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Motto posted:

that was more about the comment that nero bride wasn't an extra thing

most servants in fgo don't remember the events of stuff they've been in, unless it's specific edge cases like shiki or waver