Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dudermcbrohan posted:

the author of unicorn and riddhe’s voice actor are guests at the event so it’s most likely something unicorn related

That voice actor has been in like 17 Gundam series. He was Alfred Izuruha. And Katz in the Zeta Gundam movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So is the 00 sequel the thing getting announced on the 20th or is that a different thing

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Gundam WEED

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

That colony is the ugliest drat bong I've ever seen

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Universal Century 420

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what is the MSG: Last Sun manga about? It's set in UC. 0096.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Going to take a blind shot and say it's about a teenager ending up in a new powerful Gundam fighting against Zeon remnants.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
A teenager in a powerful new Gundam accidentally flies into the sun

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's gonna be Sunshine but with Gundam. So you know a mission to restart the Sun but along the way some dude in a Zaku trapped around Venus will screw up the whole thing. He probably wears a mask.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
was that the one where in response to Audrey's speech from Unicorn another bunch of Zeon nutters are like 'obviously this means we need to keep fighting'

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So the Oldsmobile Army only got Audrey's message twenty years too late and then they decided to head back to earth instead of sticking around Mars.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Yo, I haven't talked Gundam with you all since just before Age was announced, but I just read about the stage play. I know plays adapted from anime/manga are pretty popular, but have there been mech or Kaiju plays before??

Edit: Wait, does Kaiju Big Battel count? I might've answered my own dang question.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 19, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The new Gundam is about be about engineers who discover the underworld of illegal Ball racing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

The new Gundam is about be about engineers who discover the underworld of illegal Ball racing.

I expect Eurobeat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you like
My car?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do you like
My car?

"Gas, Gas, Gas!" Has a very different meaning in OYW Gundam.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Gas, Gas, Gas!" Has a very different meaning in OYW Gundam.

:drat:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

I expect Eurobeat.

Running in the 0090s.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Spaceboy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

poo poo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Gimme Newtypes and Money I got the rest already
Gimme Psycic Kisses Honey

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In other news, this is probably relevant to SeanBeanShako’s interests.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd like to see more post CCA spinoff series to flesh out that time period.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd like to see more post CCA spinoff series to flesh out that time period.

Hope you like zeon remnants
Although there could be a good show if it involved them running completely out of cash and being forced to use oggo's .

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monaghan posted:

Although there could be a good show if it involved them running completely out of cash and being forced to use oggo's .

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monaghan posted:

Zeon remnants fighting Mufti, fighting Feds, fighting the proto vanguard, coming back from Mars. I can take it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I didn't realize they were announcing a new project tomorrow. Dang, what do I want to see? If it's UC, Crossbone for sure. It's dumb but I like it. If not, then maybe Frozen Teardrop. Wing has always liked messing with expectations while still sending the audience home happy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Please don’t even joke about Frozen Teardrop. My heart can’t take it.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
If it’s UC, anything but more OYW. I’d like something leading up to f91 or Victory. There’s a lot of unexplored time there.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I want a Victory sequel all Zeta like, except this time Blind Katejina is like the Quattro of the show.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nothing UC, please. Or at least something late UC.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Some kinda UC

There's bound to be a better visual, I just happened to be up when they streamed this.

EDIT: Better visual

UC97

Allarion fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 20, 2018

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

It looks like it's a Unicorn sequel.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here's the trailer snippet from the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DCGLJI3JE&t=761s

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

It looks like a Unicorn sequel.

They said it was in the stream. Not sure what’s up with the person in the backless Phenex cosplay, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

It looks like it's a Unicorn sequel.

welp

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Yup it's a Unicorn. On the upside though it looks like we're finally getting a general release HGUC Unicorn Phenex. Which is good because I very almost bought the old Gundam Front Tokyo version for a ridiculous markup on auctions.

Edit: Sort of good news for those of you who want more late UC stuff, according to the press release this is the first in a series of new stories across anime, manga and novels that will explore the next 100 years of the UC as part of the 'UC NexT 0100' project.

Which I guess explains why they're giving The Origin a rest if they're going to make a commitment to later UC stories.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 20, 2018

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I will be super excited if by next 100 years they mean 100-200 UC. Give me stories after Victory Gundam Bandai. There are still plenty of Sides left who haven’t tried to conquer the Earth Sphere.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kinda reminded me of Climax UC to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I hope this means we get more Jesta.