Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
According to the slide used in the presentation (and ANN), we're getting the Unicorn sequel first, and then three Hathaway's Flash movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Bearded bright on screen?!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Trailer for Narrative is up on GundamInfo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac_yRqcNsnw

Maybe it's just me, but the suit designs seem kind of gaudy? Like it seems there's a lot of pointy edges on them.

I'm hoping they go with something different with the story, but it's a Unicorn sequel so my expectations are pretty low on that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the suit designs seem kind of gaudy? Like it seems there's a lot of pointy edges on them.

ACES your time is now

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Again.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

MechaX posted:

According to the slide used in the presentation (and ANN), we're getting the Unicorn sequel first, and then three Hathaway's Flash movies.

Is there enough story in Hathaway's Flash for a movie trilogy? It's always seemed kind of sparse to me, though I've only been going off summaries. There's also not a prayer they maintain the original ending and don't change it, even dismissing that Quess has no reason to mock Hathaway given the difference between Beltorchika's Children and Char's Counterattack.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tsob posted:

Is there enough story in Hathaway's Flash for a movie trilogy? It's always seemed kind of sparse to me, though I've only been going off summaries. There's also not a prayer they maintain the original ending and don't change it, even dismissing that Quess has no reason to mock Hathaway given the difference between Beltorchika's Children and Char's Counterattack.

It's possible that they could devote a movie to setting up the setting for it, since Hathaway's Flash doesn't work with the "normal" version of CCA unless they rewrite the story.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Xarbala posted:

ACES your time is now

I'm sorry, I'm going into cryogenic sleep because Hathaway's Flash is happening in 2019 and I can't bear to wait that long in real time, so I'm just gonna sleep until the first OVA comes out, watch it, and then go back on ice until the next one, and repeat.

https://twitter.com/MBgov1133/status/987280705255165953

Overseas live action drama film for Unicorn 2? Alright sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/MBgov1133/status/987280705255165953

Overseas live action drama film for Unicorn 2? Alright sure.

quote:

Clarification: I believe Gundam UC 2 is in the style of a live-action western production, not an actual western production. I'm still a little unclear on this though, my Japanese isn't perfect.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On one hand having Hathaway's Flash animated is cool. On the other I was hoping that they'd move away from unicorn with later UC stuff. Hopefully Banagher just joins with some peace hippie group so we can get an interesting protagonists instead.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It says UC2 will be produced in the style of western TV series. All these amateurs are tripping up on the word ドラマ which directly translates to drama but actual means a serial TV series. For example Game of Thrones is a dorama as much as Full House is.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Not really sure what to make of Narrative, but we'll see later this year I guess.

Hathaway's Flash is curious. I wonder how they'll try and make the story work, or if it will just a be a relatively straight adaptation.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im excited to see another G-Savior

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah I don't know how to interpret the idea of western media influence on narrative. What exactly makes the current trend of ten episode long format television exclusive to the west?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Taintrunner posted:

Im excited to see another G-Savior

Same, if that is what we're getting.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah I don't know how to interpret the idea of western media influence on narrative. What exactly makes the current trend of ten episode long format television exclusive to the west?

Compared to Japanese 'dramas' the budget and scope is completely different and that's what I think they're emphasizing, that it will be a big space epic not a rinky dink tv drama about a mobile suit pilot's daily life.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh boy time to fight some more Zeon remnants. My favorite thing in the world.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Narrative Gundam is a weird-looking beast. It seems to be missing its upper layer of armour.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hellioning posted:

Oh boy time to fight some more Zeon remnants. My favorite thing in the world.

But you see, this time it will be totally different.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe the story will emphasize how economically disenfranchised people become radicalized into Neo-Zeon with a bullshit narrative about the glory of Char fighting for oppressed Spacenoids or something.

Gundam Narrative.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 20, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It means "we can put NT in the logo"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for live-action Unicorn

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The Narrative Gundam is a weird-looking beast. It seems to be missing its upper layer of armour.

Honestly, it makes me think of what you would get if the G-Saviour and the Nu had a baby. It's got noticeable design elements from both of the core units, if you consider them without the extra bits like the space boosters or funnels.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's definitely an unfinished Mobile Suit. I guess the mid-season upgrade will just be they finish building it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's definitely an unfinished Mobile Suit. I guess the mid-season upgrade will just be they finish building it.
Ah the Barbatos school of design.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So the Phenex, from what I can gather, went rogue after a fight in a Shoal Zone and blew up its carrier? So can we possibly assume that it will be an antagonist suit in Narrative?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tsob posted:

It's three novels, so one movie per book.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

So the Phenex, from what I can gather, went rogue after a fight in a Shoal Zone and blew up its carrier? So can we possibly assume that it will be an antagonist suit in Narrative?

If they don’t fight more Zeon remnants (I mean come on, who is even left at this point besides the guys at Mars) then I can see this happening. I think sone random snippets are saying Phenex only came back after it hosed off to parts unknown because it might have heard Audrey’s speech

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Motto posted:

It means "we can put NT in the logo"

I’ll wait for Mobile Suit Gundam 2000, or, failing that, Gundam XP.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

I’ll wait for Mobile Suit Gundam 2000, or, failing that, Gundam XP.

https://twitter.com/shuji0519/status/987259700780478467

We're set for a while on possible gundam series.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

The PG manual says that it just randomly shows up to help and then disappears. It's the Tuxedo Mask of UC Gundam.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Came for the Crossbones Gundam, left with disappointment

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Hope you guys are looking forward to buying the new hg, mg rg of the new NT version Phenex! Gotta get a return on investment for all those model molds.

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
I remember playing this freeware game called Windom, which was OSes as MSes fighting. I think Windom XP had a plane form? Truly ahead of its time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is sentinel any good?

It's okay. I read a translated PDF about ten years ago. Not a whole lot of newtype stuff, mostly spacenoids and earthnoids in yet another slap fight around the same time as ZZ.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Honestly, it makes me think of what you would get if the G-Saviour and the Nu had a baby. It's got noticeable design elements from both of the core units, if you consider them without the extra bits like the space boosters or funnels.

I assume this is so they can release the model kit, and later the one where it's bloody finished?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They want to start selling inner frames that you then buy armor kits for.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

They want to start selling inner frames that you then buy armor kits for.

Oh poo poo, if it was like the Liger from Zoids that would own

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Hope you guys are looking forward to buying the new hg, mg rg of the new NT version Phenex! Gotta get a return on investment for all those model molds.

hey if it leads to a new MG that’s got good gates i’ll buy three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Right day for this though it hasn't been updated in years.