Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
(Remember, poker face, Senpai!)
*puts on Gudako face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

...goddamnit it never occured to me that it might have been "leyshift" but that makes so much more sense than rayshift.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The various specifics are elaborated upon later on but basically meeting a Servant is An Important Thing and it's what enables Guda to summon some of the more niche versions. It also helps them keep continuity than usual. Also singularities don't do the normal memory wipe thing because that wipe is primarily to prevent paradox but singularities are inherently paradoxical. Also memories are important and sometimes they're big enough to mark the Servant and have that memory stick with them from there onwards (which is basically an excuse to let characters from Extra/Apo/etc keep character development), unless they feel like not doing that.

And yeah it's implied Servants hang around in Chaldea, although most don't actually follow you. In fact, up to Camelot, Guda and Mashu leyshift alone. (Combat servants are temp summons)

Mordred is a good example because the Mordred in London strongly implies she's post-Apocrypha (hence why she's more chill and sweet on Fran) while the Mordred in Camelot definitely isn't.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 20, 2018

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

i wanted an event ce, or maybe one of the assassins at my most optimistic so i threw three tickets at the banner.

why does this keep happening to me

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hahaha, holy poo poo
Waver telling himself off in the tunnels after killing Caster

And then the Gudako option of "Let's watch for a minute, this is funny."

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

...goddamnit it never occured to me that it might have been "leyshift" but that makes so much more sense than rayshift.

It's ambiguous to be fair, and I think Nasu was intentionally punning on both considering that a part of the process is turning you into photons. I use leyshift since that's what most people have settled on, but there's an argument for rayshift being legitimate.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

taser rates posted:

It's ambiguous to be fair, and I think Nasu was intentionally punning on both considering that a part of the process is turning you into photons. I use leyshift since that's what most people have settled on, but there's an argument for rayshift being legitimate.

It depends on whether you want to think of the singularity hope as a scientific or magical process imo

Leyshift sounds more mystical, Rayshift is more sci-fi. Both make a bunch of sense given the lore behind them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's like Japanese puns.

It's always both.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

the_steve posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo
Waver telling himself off in the tunnels after killing Caster

And then the Gudako option of "Let's watch for a minute, this is funny."

always choose the most gudako option you can

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'wow who is this mysterious Assassin running around wielding a Calico and a Contender'

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

All 750K FP used up, no angra. But that's ok, the extra fous were more what I wanted from all that anyway, and to no longer have that 999+ constantly on display.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't believe I've twice now put in regular Elizabeth when I want Caster Elizabeth.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
"Zouken used a Command Spell."

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Having recently completed the VN, I started reading the Type Moon thread to pass time and

:raise:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao I forgot I even made that post

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wow what a pair of dorks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Lmao I forgot I even made that post

actually ibram made it

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'd say it was a collab.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I have to say I'm totally down for the Holy Grail Olympics as a premise. Make it happen, Type-Moon.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I decided to throw a 10 roll at the event gatcha. Got Emiya (Assassin) and Geronimo, even though I haven't completed America yet. Wish I got something else though, as I'm pretty set on assassins with Ryougi, Carmilla, and all the friend gatcha assassins.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Getting all these Fous from the FP gacha is nice, maxed out Bride Nero, Bryn and Jack. I wish Bryn's skills didn't require so many seeds and feathers though, it's probably going to take me a few more months to get her to 10/10/10.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat iskander straight up just chopped kariyas hand

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this music owns

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hosed up that iskandar would slash Paul Kariya like that

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

jwang posted:

I decided to throw a 10 roll at the event gatcha. Got Emiya (Assassin) and Geronimo, even though I haven't completed America yet.

Geronimo's not story-locked.

Current list of story-locked Servants in Global is:
Fuyuki - Cu Chulainn (Caster), Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
Orleans - Gilles de Rais (Caster)
Septem - Nero Claudius
Okeanos - Medea (Lily)
London - Nikola Tesla, Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)
America - Cu Chulainn (Alter), Queen Medb, Li Shuwen (Lancer), Thomas Edison

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Someone who's done go west before please tell me orb grinding ever gets better than 30-40 a run of the final node

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I have to say I'm totally down for the Holy Grail Olympics as a premise. Make it happen, Type-Moon.

Nerofest.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I apparently have enough CE bombs at this stage to take any MLBed 5 star CE to 100; I've already earmarked this set for Golden Sumo, but what might be the another CE to work towards? Besides, uh, I guess another Golden Sumo from the Onigashima re-run.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

W.T. Fits posted:

Geronimo's not story-locked.

Current list of story-locked Servants in Global is:
Fuyuki - Cu Chulainn (Caster), Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
Orleans - Gilles de Rais (Caster)
Septem - Nero Claudius
Okeanos - Medea (Lily)
London - Nikola Tesla, Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)
America - Cu Chulainn (Alter), Queen Medb, Li Shuwen (Lancer), Thomas Edison

does that mean i'll never get those servants unless I roll on the story gacha?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yes, or unless you roll them when they show up on limited banners

for example, nero and salter in saber wars, or nero during every nerofest

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

does that mean i'll never get those servants unless I roll on the story gacha?

Sometimes they'll show up on event banners, but those banners will explicitly mention that they're on there (like Caster Gilles was for the Gilgamesh/Artoria banner that they ran a week before the Zero event started).

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
They'll also start being included in class-specific gachas and gender-specific gachas at some point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So in summary, a servant dying in a singularity isn't completely meaningless because 'that person' is dead even if they can continue to be marketable for future installments, truly making Fate the superhero comics of anime. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so that's why I can never get mah girl Nero.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"why do no artorias have his rightful place ever"

*checks list after a run*

"oh motto heard me bitching somehow"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

"why do no artorias have his rightful place ever"

*checks list after a run*

"oh motto heard me bitching somehow"

A lot of people are probably following the guide, so there's pretty few people really investing in the CEs until there's a better margin to spend coins without messing up and having to rerun areas to get more coins.

Unless of course they already appled through the event in which case they're already in the process of posting every screencapped moment :shepface:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah according to the guide, natural AP will have people finished the story by week 2.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what guide?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oYZPKV5cuaIQx2DSm4A-aCb41XOQv8MJJtGJX1L82pM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

So I currently am sitting with np2 Iskandar on my main account but he's also on my secondary account. I dolphined but I plan to roll one more time before the banner's gone.
My roomie, on the other hand, had something like 40 tickets and 700+ quartz saved up. She's at least gotten 8 Kiritsugus! ... but no Iskandar.
Whoops.