Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

ASM2 Spidey had no unmasked sculpt.

Huh, I'm thinking of the first one then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anytime anyone writes ASM2, I always read it as AS2M which makes me think it means "rear end to mouth" which, in retrospect, would be superior to actually watching that film.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, ASM1 had the battle damage headsculpt and had the neck shown which helps so much.

I have the ASM2 model and it's so loving perfect. What a waste of a good suit in that movie but who cares - the figure rocks.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Is anybody selling cases of the apocalypse wave yet?

August is the preorder date.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, ASM1 had the battle damage headsculpt and had the neck shown which helps so much.

I have the ASM2 model and it's so loving perfect. What a waste of a good suit in that movie but who cares - the figure rocks.

For clarity's sake, that is a prototype pic of the ASM2 figure. The actual released one looks so much better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With the announcement of the Walgreens F4 Thing I decided that I did indeed want a complete set if F4 Legends. But drat it, Invisible Woman was nowhere to be found and selling for over double retail on ebay. But today on a lark I stopped at a WG I've never been to before and they had two IWs! So tomorrow I'll detour over to the one that had multiples of the other two and just sit tight for ol' Blue Eyes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

With the announcement of the Walgreens F4 Thing I decided that I did indeed want a complete set if F4 Legends. But drat it, Invisible Woman was nowhere to be found and selling for over double retail on ebay. But today on a lark I stopped at a WG I've never been to before and they had two IWs! So tomorrow I'll detour over to the one that had multiples of the other two and just sit tight for ol' Blue Eyes.

That’s bizarre, there’s tons of them at my local stores. Is the Reed out yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s bizarre, there’s tons of them at my local stores. Is the Reed out yet?

Yup, a few weeks ago. There seemed to be some thinking that Thing was gonna be an SDCC exclusive so I hadn't bought the others. I'd had a few friends on the lookout and nobody had seen anything locally and I was gonna post in here for help but I made that random stop.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got that SHF Kid Goku and it's cool and good. Also got a Black Series Lando, which is less cool but still good AND it was only $16

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rhyno posted:

But drat it, Invisible Woman was nowhere to be found

:cheers:

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I guess after years of resisting I've finally decided I'm in it to win it with Legends. What's the best way to buy these things these days? I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of driving all over town in search of plastic figurines, but it looks like most online retailers won't sell individual figures at a decent price unless you buy the whole wave.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So I guess after years of resisting I've finally decided I'm in it to win it with Legends. What's the best way to buy these things these days? I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of driving all over town in search of plastic figurines, but it looks like most online retailers won't sell individual figures at a decent price unless you buy the whole wave.

Depends on what you’re trying to get, what’re you wanting?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of them will have the individual figures at normal prices briefly, you probably missed the preorder windows on the ones you're looking at though.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Louisgod posted:

Depends on what you’re trying to get, what’re you wanting?

Right now I'm after Mysterio, X-23 and Domino. Mysterio will probably be pretty easy (once his wave hits my area), but I imagine the other two are going to be a pain in the rear end to find in the wild. I guess I'm just going to have to be proactive about preorders if I don't want to waste the gas hunting for these things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Right now I'm after Mysterio, X-23 and Domino. Mysterio will probably be pretty easy (once his wave hits my area), but I imagine the other two are going to be a pain in the rear end to find in the wild. I guess I'm just going to have to be proactive about preorders if I don't want to waste the gas hunting for these things.

Oh you're fine then. Mysterio ultimately will pop up on Amazon for a decent price or at the least start showing up more and more in Target and Wal-Mart once stock is replenished. X-23 and Domino are just now hitting stores and will be easier to find in the next month or two, but I'd visit all Walgreens around you as they're showing up there first. I went into a Walgreens the other day and saw a lone Domino on the shelves. Amazon is also a solid bet.

e: Really it's only when you're having to backtrack to buy up figures released a while back is where you'll run into issues.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 19, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Most legends will eventually be on amazon for either retail or like 10 bucks (at one point Captain Britain was an addon item for like 7.50)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

purple death ray posted:

Most legends will eventually be on amazon for either retail or like 10 bucks (at one point Captain Britain was an addon item for like 7.50)

eBay has been very good to me for getting just about any Legends I want for about $15 shipped, assuming I don’t care about the BAF piece.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I been liking ordering from Dorkside Toys, shame it taking them forever to ship the Lizard wave which I guess is more Hasbro fault. That or Think Geek in the mail, as they generally have a surprising good selection for only two dollars more.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

I been liking ordering from Dorkside Toys, shame it taking them forever to ship the Lizard wave which I guess is more Hasbro fault. That or Think Geek in the mail, as they generally have a surprising good selection for only two dollars more.

Yeah seems Hasbro tends to screw them over but the Dorkside dude always keeps people updated on Fwoosh when he thinks things will come in and when they do they tend to fulfill every order they get.

I'm putting the pre-order for the Apocalypse wave as soon as it's available through them. I really want the Deadpool wave 2 Sauron BAF and only a few figures from it, may as well just order a case and sell the rest. Speaking of X-Men, I don't plan on keeping Magneto, Storm or Gladiator if anybody here is interested.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Yeah seems Hasbro tends to screw them over but the Dorkside dude always keeps people updated on Fwoosh when he thinks things will come in and when they do they tend to fulfill every order they get.

I'm putting the pre-order for the Apocalypse wave as soon as it's available through them. I really want the Deadpool wave 2 Sauron BAF and only a few figures from it, may as well just order a case and sell the rest. Speaking of X-Men, I don't plan on keeping Magneto, Storm or Gladiator if anybody here is interested.

Same. Annoying as the wait for the Lizard wave is, I still ordered the Star Wars Black wave 2 figures from them. With Toys R Us going away the joy of searching stores for new figures just doesn't excite anymore. Probably due to the fact the stores in the area still just filled with Red Onslaught and Absorbing Man wave pegwarmers. I just wish Hasbro would just recall them.

Shame too, since at work I convinced the boss to put those drat figures in the markdown so they were actually gone before liquidation started. Of course the Spiderman wave they kept sending from the warehouse was the Vulture wave. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll be posting up a sales list soon. Bunch of ML mostly, lot of BAF pieces.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oooh, any Okoye parts?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oooh, any Okoye parts?

Her head and I think a leg.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fuzz posted:

Her head and I think a leg.

I need both legs, so colour me interested.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fuzz posted:

I'll be posting up a sales list soon. Bunch of ML mostly, lot of BAF pieces.

I hope you have a few BAF I been missing, mostly Brood Queen, Squashash (since I never got around to selling him), and Thanos (movie).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

I hope you have a few BAF I been missing, mostly Brood Queen, Squashash (since I never got around to selling him), and Thanos (movie).

I have Thanos minus the leg that came with Cap. You want cheap yes?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

I have Thanos minus the leg that came with Cap. You want cheap yes?

Yeah. Right now I have the pieces from Songbird, Proxy Midnight, and Taskmaster. Also missing Hulk head from Thor 3. I was going to use the broken head from the first Marvel Legend (Toybiz) that broke off but had a good sculpt, but lost interest in trying to drill a hole in his head.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I just stopped by the Walgreens near my office and found X-23 and Domino! Thanks for the heads up! I was worried the X-23 was a repack because it’s missing the clear tape sealing the back tab of the box, but all the accessories and BAF piece seem to be intact, so I guess it’s fine.

DJ Turbo Punch fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 19, 2018

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Anyone need Lizard parts? I have the tail and I think an arm (whatever comes with Spider Punk)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Saw Domino and X23 at Target and GameStop.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Along the lines of Marvel Legends hanging around / randomly showing up, I've spent my lunch breaks this week going to various Walgreens, Meijer, Target, and Gamestop stores looking for figures. The Walgreens closest to me had some of the Juggernaut figs which I believe came out almost 2 years ago.

Any way to really know when the new stuff should show up? With almost 2 year old figs on the shelf how long should I expect a given wave to hang around?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Along the lines of Marvel Legends hanging around / randomly showing up, I've spent my lunch breaks this week going to various Walgreens, Meijer, Target, and Gamestop stores looking for figures. The Walgreens closest to me had some of the Juggernaut figs which I believe came out almost 2 years ago.

Any way to really know when the new stuff should show up? With almost 2 year old figs on the shelf how long should I expect a given wave to hang around?

Which figures are you looking for, exactly?

There's no real good way to know exactly when things are hitting outside word of mouth OR taking your chances with the BrickSeek trackers:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/02/marvel-legends-6-shopping-list-round-up/

BrickSeek used to give more granular details but has since moved to a more generic label of what they may have. Either way, it's a good start to see if a store has something before wasting a trip.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Which figures are you looking for, exactly?

There's no real good way to know exactly when things are hitting outside word of mouth OR taking your chances with the BrickSeek trackers:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/02/marvel-legends-6-shopping-list-round-up/

BrickSeek used to give more granular details but has since moved to a more generic label of what they may have. Either way, it's a good start to see if a store has something before wasting a trip.

I see. Thanks for the info. I've used Brickseek for (Dont freak out, haha) POPs in the past.

Right now I'm just going to try to track down the Juggernaut BAF wave (or Rogue, and the Cable and Wolverine pieces). Then I'm just going to wait for the upcoming X-men wave. Might just wind up pre-ordering it on BBTS to ensure I can build Apocalypse.

Was able to find a Sue and Johnny between all the Walgreens I hit up, and ordered Reed off of their site. So now I'm just waiting for Surfer and Thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STUFF

I'd like to trade for Human Torch, Mister Fantastic and even an Invisible Woman so I can return the one I bought. Or just gimmie money? Make offers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Besides the Thanos parts you mentioned last post, I wouldn't mind getting the Captain Marvel (classic) figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Besides the Thanos parts you mentioned last post, I wouldn't mind getting the Captain Marvel (classic) figure.

Can do. I shoved Thanos in a different bin so I gotta dig him out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Can do. I shoved Thanos in a different bin so I gotta dig him out.

Cool. Captain Marvel (classic) is one of the few old 5 inch Toy Biz figures I still have left over the years and man it's beat up. Be nice to finally replace him since the other few ones I got left were replaced (Minus Nimrod) at this point.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

STUFF

I'd like to trade for Human Torch, Mister Fantastic and even an Invisible Woman so I can return the one I bought. Or just gimmie money? Make offers.

How much do you want for the Punisher and Hydra Bob?

Edit: and which Spidey is that above Winter Soldier? Doesn't look like a Pizza.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 20, 2018

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

What do you want for the Hulkbuster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

How much do you want for the Punisher and Hydra Bob?

Edit: and which Spidey is that above Winter Soldier? Doesn't look like a Pizza.

It's the release before Pizza Spidey.

Howabout $10 for Punny and $25 for Bob?

Cloks posted:

What do you want for the Hulkbuster?

$55 shipped?