Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Crosspost from the trailer thread. This one is actually real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Not sure what you mean by "originals" ... they're Mondo screen prints. I guess original as in "original" run.

he thought you had the original olly moss adobe illustrator files lol

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

morestuff posted:

Crosspost from the trailer thread. This one is actually real.

Notably not opening as close to Halloween as it could be.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Please tell me someone saved the ceiling posters picture and can repost them

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

BonoMan posted:

Not sure what you mean by "originals" ... they're Mondo screen prints. I guess original as in "original" run.

Those Star Wars prints by Olly Moss were released in 2010 as an edition of 400, and these days go for $2500+ each. You can get about $10k if you have the entire set.

After seeing your post though I did a quick google and found shitloads of (unauthorized) reproductions out there. I'm guessing you don't have $10k in art there if you let Hobby Lobby touch it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sirotan posted:

Those Star Wars prints by Olly Moss were released in 2010 as an edition of 400, and these days go for $2500+ each. You can get about $10k if you have the entire set.

After seeing your post though I did a quick google and found shitloads of (unauthorized) reproductions out there. I'm guessing you don't have $10k in art there if you let Hobby Lobby touch it.

Oh dang didn't realize those Star Wars ones were that "old." That's nuts. Also why I hate the Mondo game, but whatevs.

And those aren't mine - I was just commenting on the what the original poster probably had.

I also have a poster buying problem. I have stopped getting Mondo posters because they kinda offended me with some lovely customer service one time, but I have moved on to Bottleneck.

Most of my posters are sitting here in tubes and I don't even remember what they were. Please halp.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh derp, well, I'm guessing Arkane doesn't have the originals, they look a bit smaller than 24x36 anyhow. And if he does, congrats! Hope you're using museum glass.

Poster buying isn't as bad as the poster framing. I started learning conservation framing techniques because taking my posters into framing stores was getting to be extremely expensive. That and I was young and dumb and years ago let a framing store convince me into drymounting a few valuable pieces. I learned later that this destroys the value of the art! I really enjoy the pieces, but if I had not gotten them permanently glued to foam core they'd be worth about $1500.

Don't drymount your artwork, folks!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What's dry mounting?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What I did to your mom last night

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Without a frame.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffleman_ posted:

What I did to your mom last night

A corpse can be dry.

jk

She's alive and well.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edit: wrong thread

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I saw a documentary on North Korea and this "middle class" family had these pictures of Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-un and Kim Il-Sung's mausoleum neatly aligned with the ceiling above the couch in their living room. Made me think of this thread.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Vintersorg posted:

What's dry mounting?

Permanently affixing your artwork to a piece of flat foam core using adhesive. This process is usually not reversible, and usually not done with adhesives that are safe for your artwork in the long term (not acid free, could eat through the material over time, etc). It's a cheap way of mounting things to make sure they never buckle or wrinkle inside your frame, or to allow you to hang something up without a frame. Any professional framer offering this as an option for art with any shred of value is not someone you should do business with.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Please tell me someone saved the ceiling posters picture and can repost them

TheJoker138 posted:

Got those Mad Max posters in. The original and Road Warrior ones are only one sided, and reprints, of course, but they're pretty high quality and look really good next to the Fury Road double sided one sheet. Sorry about the window glare on the Fury Road one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm still mad about that glare :argh:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm still mad about that glare :argh:

And the $2.50 cheap plastic Walmart frames!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress yessssssssssssssssssssss. :lol:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I never got how he actually hung them up. Wouldn't you need a tiny bit of room at the top to lift the frame over whatever it hooks onto?

He's actually a magician

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I never got how he actually hung them up.

TheJoker138 posted:

3M sticky things

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

And the $2.50 cheap plastic Walmart frames!

Those frames are like 20 bucks a pop. Tbh that's insane for the level of quality.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CelticPredator posted:

Those frames are like 20 bucks a pop. Tbh that's insane for the level of quality.

I was being facetious, but they're only about $10. Which is still $7 too much.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=poster%20frames&cat_id=0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More anime

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

More trash

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People still care about Bleach

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5yBfouKhXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiG4rTcw5Xo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Movie Posters - Superheroes & Anime

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Does this mean Thanos has joined the Avengers?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
What are they avenging anyway

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
So Renner doesn't even get listed on the poster with every other cast member? Maybe he really is just MIA for this movie and shows up in the next one to help save the day?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

One time Iron Man said that they'd avenge the Earth if they failed to save it. That's where the name comes from in this continuity apparently.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

One time Iron Man said that they'd avenge the Earth if they failed to save it. That's where the name comes from in this continuity apparently.
Thats dumb as poo poo

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Count me in as the pleb who can't picture the Hulk articulating his sentences.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ah, "Shiny Dildo", the lesser known Avenger.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

BonoMan posted:

turn on ur monitor

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Some more bad Avengers movie posters:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Those are actually pretty modern for 98, wouldn't be out of place at all now.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh man, the 90s and Emma Peel always leads me to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdIhzhvXtL8

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BonoMan posted:

We'll fight together, or not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Those are actually pretty modern for 98, wouldn't be out of place at all now.

We've never moved past character posters. The lamest poo poo.

I remember the Star Trek Nemsis ones and looking at the giant 15 foot poster that said SHINZON with a bald guy in silhouette. Who the gently caress is Shinzon lol. Character posters for characters who aren't established yet are weird.