Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can't wait to play this game mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
20v20v20v20v20 is much better than 50v50. I was actually pretty bored in 50v50. 20x5, you had multiple teams dropping one location and was instantly fun with continuous fighting between large teams.

50v50 there’s an awkward amount of time where a few people die, but you’re mostly gathering resources with 0 chance of interaction with the other team. Then everyone meets in the final circle for a confusing mess of building, people trolling teammates and rocket spamming.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I had a really good engagement with another cat where we were building up a STORM, made me feel much more confident in my builder pro skills as well as my general building thought-process.

I lost, but I still felt good about it! We had a pretty gigantic 4-5 story clusterfuck of stairs, walls and floors. :bubblewoop:

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

At least they just (25m ago) hotfixed 50v50 storm damage, always deals 10 damage now. Lots of matches were won with people stacking healing and winning 2v30.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
Every time I engage in a large build battle I keep thinking of a game mode where there's no guns and regenerating resources where you kill someone by boxing them in, like Tron lightcycle matches but with spike traps.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cultisto posted:

Every time I engage in a large build battle I keep thinking of a game mode where there's no guns and regenerating resources where you kill someone by boxing them in, like Tron lightcycle matches but with spike traps.

:aaaaa:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Somebody anybody, tell me why when I just join a squad match I can't be directly joined into the squads mic system...

It would improve gameplay hands down. And if you don't like the person just mute.

I just want to enter the game and be able to chat with teammates who know what the gently caress they are doing.....

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Pubbies are the worst in every game, solo-q or premade groups only if you want to keep your sanity

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't mind throwing Epic some cash for V-bucks. It's the same reason I don't mind supporting Psyonix through crate keys.

They're both pretty transparent with regards to updates and changes, they're not actively trying to gently caress me over, and their free updates are substantial.

I support them because I want other developers to take notice that this is the level of service I expect. Not bullshit EA cash grabs.

50v50 is fun but the 10 minute storm start is waaaay too long. Should be around 4-5 minutes in my opinion.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Somebody anybody, tell me why when I just join a squad match I can't be directly joined into the squads mic system...

It would improve gameplay hands down. And if you don't like the person just mute.

I just want to enter the game and be able to chat with teammates who know what the gently caress they are doing.....

It works this way on PS4 if they are using in-game chat.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

50v50 was so laggy when we tried it. Dropping closer to the circle helps with the slow initial start, fighting is definitely more common. I definitely prefer teams of 20 so far though although that was way more luck of the draw if you had a chance to win.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Man and his dog posted:

I have this bad feeling that some giant investor is going to take over and gently caress everything up but ayeeeeee who knows?!???!

They had Tencent bail then out years ago.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wa27 posted:

It works this way on PS4 if they are using in-game chat.

Same on PC, it's flawless and I can instantly go from solitute of main menu to a Polish teenager screeming at his mother that dishes can wait for Tilty.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hey Seditiar, I just got a Siegebreaker with +25 magazine, +49 crit chance, +20 damage, and +26.7 headshot damage.

That should be enough damage to be as good as energy, right?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey Seditiar, I just got a Siegebreaker with +25 magazine, +49 crit chance, +20 damage, and +26.7 headshot damage.

That should be enough damage to be as good as energy, right?

Yeah that'll definitely do fine if you can't directly counter an element. Rerolls are coming in May, at which point I'd probably reroll mag size to an element. Assuming you can only reroll 1 perk (I hope not).

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Did they say what the cost would be? 200 drops of rain probably?

I still have fun but the gating with those mats keeps from playing with all the cool tools as much as I want.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

stuxracer posted:

Did they say what the cost would be? 200 drops of rain probably?

I still have fun but the gating with those mats keeps from playing with all the cool tools as much as I want.

They haven't yet which makes me feel they're fairly far off still. Otherwise they would start asking for feedback already.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I wonder how many players Fortnite has where Fortnite is their first "real" game (i.e. no farmville stuff), like this person:

Random Reddit Person About Perk Rerolls posted:

Wait what does weapon rerolls mean? That all my current weapons get a new roll? That would suck. Can we choose a weapon we want to reroll for? They rerolled dragon weapons a few weeks ago and the community hated it, why is everyone liking this now?

I think it's great that so entirely new gamers are being forged though. Kinda bummed they do it with a lovely monetization game (PvE), but still.

I also wonder how many thousands of console players decided to make the jump to PC because of Fortnite BR.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I absolutely adore how many players dropped shotguns like hot potatoes just because they're not GOLD TIER BEST TIER. The blue shotgun is still legit, you dork!

For reference: https://kotaku.com/fortnite-devs-completely-changed-how-players-use-shotgu-1825393053

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Space Fish posted:

I absolutely adore how many players dropped shotguns like hot potatoes just because they're not GOLD TIER BEST TIER. The blue shotgun is still legit, you dork!

For reference: https://kotaku.com/fortnite-devs-completely-changed-how-players-use-shotgu-1825393053

This totally worked on me, despite completely understanding the patch notes. It got me using pumps a lot more often.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is anyone else watching the Las Vegas tournament? First match went to the wire between the last two.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is anyone else watching the Las Vegas tournament? First match went to the wire between the last two.

It was a surprisingly good start for a game that could have easily been ruined by a million different random things.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

It was a surprisingly good start for a game that could have easily been ruined by a million different random things.

When he went to loot the guy just before he got sniped by niibs, he didn’t immediately build around the loot like he did every time last game. And he immediately got punished for it.

Blind’s good. The building/editing speed of some of these people is mad.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
why the gently caress is everyone landing in haunted?

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

To open some chests.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Withnail posted:

battle pass challenge

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Really well run event. The stream nearly peaked at 700k viewers. As for Fortnite as a spectator esport with hundreds of competitors, yeah, end game Fortnite and any 1v1 building battles that happened were intense as gently caress. Really entertaining to watch. Can't wait till they get a proper spectator client built in for when they inevitably have big money tournaments.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Withnail posted:

Gotta open 7 chests for that sweet battle points!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

teagone posted:

Really well run event. The stream nearly peaked at 700k viewers. As for Fortnite as a spectator esport with hundreds of competitors, yeah, end game Fortnite and any 1v1 building battles that happened were intense as gently caress. Really entertaining to watch. Can't wait till they get a proper spectator client built in for when they inevitably have big money tournaments.

Kinda wondering what happens when a real prize pool comes along. 700k is massive, although I guess games like CS:GO would be insane as well if all the streamers showed up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

teagone posted:

The only match I got to see all of was the one where Ninja was 2nd to Sneak E Beaver. The final 1v1 being just a massive tower in a tiny circle was intense.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Zerilan posted:

The only match I got to see all of was the one where Ninja was 2nd to Sneak E Beaver. The final 1v1 being just a massive tower in a tiny circle was intense.

Pretty much all the matches ended that same way. It was crazy. Poor Myth though.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Kiranamos posted:

Pretty much all the matches ended that same way. It was crazy. Poor Myth though.

what happened with myth?

edit: nm, i watched it

Hardawn fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 22, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Johnny Truant posted:

I wonder if you don't get the John Wick challenges by the time the season ends they're just gone?

When the season ends so does that season's pass and the chance to get its rewards (you keep whatever you've unlocked so far). Like how people who didn't get the black knight in season 2 couldn't get him during season 3.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

When the season ends so does that season's pass and the chance to get its rewards (you keep whatever you've unlocked so far). Like how people who didn't get the black knight in season 2 couldn't get him during season 3.

Oh yeah I dig that. Part of me just wishes they'd unlock those challenges so the completionist in me can do them alllllll

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Switched.on posted:

50v50 is still bad, just people trolling teammates and tryhards dunking on kids.

Seems like a good way to get 800xp if you pick up one kill.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Carecat posted:

Seems like a good way to get 800xp if you pick up one kill.

nope, XP from 50v50 is insanely bad

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I'm not to hot on 50vs50.

Would they ever consider a capture the flag mode.

I think that would be fun. No, idea if it would work though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
50vs50 is bad because pubbies jump to tilted no matter what.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I had several games where 50v50 was a clusterfuck of people stealing supply drops. More than once I'd be waiting on one, or shooting it down only to have someone build over me so they could open it instead. Or I'd open one and then someone would run up and grab the stuff out of it. Or worse, fly over from a jump pad from 100 feet away to steal it. I feel like it'd be better if they would have each one spawn 2 or 4 copies of each item that was in it. Maybe that would calm the loot sniping down some. But not every game was like that, and most of the good ones were where people didn't drop directly on the final circle from the start. It's very painful to run in if you dropped far away and didn't find a jump pad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
50 v 50 bad, being back 20 man teams.