Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Speaking of relic weapons, how long would it take to farm up the crystals etc. from scratch in Eureka to fully upgrade a weapon and equipment for one job? Assuming you're already 20, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alris posted:

Speaking of relic weapons, how long would it take to farm up the crystals etc. from scratch in Eureka to fully upgrade a weapon and equipment for one job? Assuming you're already 20, that is.

Fully upgrade? About an hour or two per slot, not counting the need for Pazuzu to spawn for the feathers.

It honestly doesn't take very long it's just kinda tedious.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Getting to 20 is by far the hardest part and you'll have enough anemos crystals riding the NM train for that long to buy multiple full sets. If you somehow don't have any crystals idk, it would be measured in tens of NM kills probably.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Alris posted:

It's around 1500 Anemos factoring in the conversion stuff for a full set of gear

Bolow fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 20, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm at the first light farming step for a WHM relic and I'm not sure I'm ever going to finish it, but generally this

jalapeno_dude posted:

I would rather die than do the book step multiple times.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'll do more books when they remove the fates, I want all the nexus weapons

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're nice but not nice enough to keep returning to the same handful of areas to kill 3 mobs. Just removing the fates does nothing to solve how bad the books are.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
going somewhere to kill some poo poo is fine.

going somewhere to wait an hour for 3 fates to spawn is literally eureka

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The books individually aren't terrible, it's the fact there's 9 of the fuckers. If it was one for each stat, 4 books total, it'd be fine. 12 Atmas, 12 dungeons, 12 FATEs, hell it even fits the Zodiac theme better than 27. I recently did a Zeta and burned out halfway through books and picked it up a month later. Then got the rest of it done in a day.

e; I don't think I waited longer than 20 minutes for any FATE. I just put something on the TV or other monitor while idling in the spawn area. On my first Zeta way back in 2.X I took my laptop to university lectures and just left the game open. 3 minutes of sneaky fighting and off to wait for the next one.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 20, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I looked up the eureka bow and I don't think I like the look of it, what a relief, i can just sit here with my anima

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

going somewhere to kill some poo poo is fine.

going somewhere to wait an hour for 3 fates to spawn is literally eureka

Not all of the book fates are on excessive timers, you can clear a lot of them while teleporting/running around between mobs and leves. Not saying the fates are good, they're not, but the rest of the books is awful too (just less awful).

Because you're not "going somewhere to kill some poo poo", besides waiting for fates you spend 90% of the time teleporting and running to the exact same spot eight or nine times per weapon, and them some more to find the right mobs in order to sneeze at three different mobs than the last time (I realize the "kill" part was about 5% more challenging back when the relic step came out). You go to the same three or four levemetes to do a pointless leve nine times. At least there are enough dungeons so most books make you go to different places.

Even by FF14's standards it's utterly inane busywork that would have to let us work on all books at once (or have only one book with all the tasks) to be tolerable, but not like this :suicide:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, books have always been the reason I haven't done more relics, I'm just saying if they removed fates I might be bothered doing more since fates are the worst offender by far IMO.

And I did the books when it was 10 enemies per, not 3, and there's only 3 of each type of required enemy and then you have to sit around and wait for respawns :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

I looked up the eureka bow and I don't think I like the look of it, what a relief, i can just sit here with my anima

Not to force you to do something lovely but it's worth remembering it's only the first step and it'll continue to change looks (presumably.) We're even getting the next step next patch.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

Not to force you to do something lovely but it's worth remembering it's only the first step and it'll continue to change looks (presumably.) We're even getting the next step next patch.

LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

Yeah, books have always been the reason I haven't done more relics, I'm just saying if they removed fates I might be bothered doing more since fates are the worst offender by far IMO.

And I did the books when it was 10 enemies per, not 3, and there's only 3 of each type of required enemy and then you have to sit around and wait for respawns :v:

Oh yeah I mean in absolute terms killing 10 level 45 mobs or 3 of them would not be a big difference at 70 except for that. Already, finding the 3 can be annoying if someone is questing in the area or it spawned somewhere you didn't check. Waiting for respawns sure is amazing design and I'm glad someone on the dev team manages to push this again and again :haw:

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 20, 2018

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Remember when books required 10 kills, and only 1-3 of those specific mobs could be spawned at once.

good times

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh no thats a logger not a lugger.

Oh that's also a logger

Oh that's also a logger

Oh that's...also a logger.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Saint Freak posted:

Oh no thats a logger not a lugger.

Oh that's also a logger

Oh that's also a logger

Oh that's...also a logger.

I remember this annoying me immensely when I did the Hunting Log.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Gruckles posted:

Remember when books required 10 kills, and only 1-3 of those specific mobs could be spawned at once.

good times

And then you had to go back to the same place for the next book but kill the slightly differently named mobs.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I will do ten Eureka weapons before I do the book step on another relic, I hate books so much. At least with Eureka I can put in almost zero effort while reading a book, or talking to friends, or watching a tv show or w/e.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah but it's the tail end of the next patch cycle, not the next immediate update. So they've got a couple months.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

As someone that likes collecting achievements, I'm so happy the 2.0 Relic only has achievements for getting the base relics and then all the Zeniths. Then you only need to complete one Zeta and finish the capstone quest (did this after 3.0 released).

Right now I'm still working on getting all jobs to 70 and collecting all the Anemos weapons, but when I have nothing else to do I'd like to finish my Zenith collection. I've also been spending poetics on a healthy stash of Umbrite because I'm a severely broken individual that wants all the Anima Lux weapons. :v:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

DizzyBum posted:

As someone that likes collecting achievements, I'm so happy the 2.0 Relic only has achievements for getting the base relics and then all the Zeniths. Then you only need to complete one Zeta and finish the capstone quest (did this after 3.0 released).

Right now I'm still working on getting all jobs to 70 and collecting all the Anemos weapons, but when I have nothing else to do I'd like to finish my Zenith collection. I've also been spending poetics on a healthy stash of Umbrite because I'm a severely broken individual that wants all the Anima Lux weapons. :v:

May i introduce you to an achievement titled Honest Gillionare?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

BrightWing posted:

Dude, there's a line and you just crossed it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BrightWing posted:

I've actually seen one person with this title. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they were playing since 1.x though.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

BrightWing posted:

I just got this title a few weeks ago.

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
It's :420: today

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Truga posted:

It only requires 3 of each enemy now?

gently caress, man.

Yeah, I did the books back when they were the relevant step back they were by far the worst stage of the relic questline, by a loving mile imo. Back then people used to complain about atma or light grinding but at least you can constantly make progress with that. With the books, it's just boring.

Books wouldn't be so bad if you could get multiple books at once, or all of the books at once.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Books were marginally more tolerable back when they were current, because their relatively high tome cost meant they were spaced much further out apart. I never particularly minded doing them for my first and only relic because I was only doing one or two a week.

Now you could probably afford to buy them all in one visit to Mor Dhona, so it's dumb they never let you stack them.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Literally the only thing that could make books tolerable is to remove Fates and Leves. Fighting specific mobs or doing specific dungeons is literally nothing compared to just getting specific fates or even leves to spawn.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I have less of a problem with the fates than cycling the leves. Relics aren't fun to do ever but books are just miserable

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cycling leves wasn't that bad, since you only need to do 1 to get them to refresh.

Well unless you get stuck with the leves you can't loving end for 10 minutes. gently caress those leves

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

BrightWing posted:

I am at least 10% of the way there! :v:

(FYI, that's the title - the achievement is "Who Wants to Be a Gillionaire?" :eng101:)

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So when's a good time to cast Dissipation as an SCH?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NachtSieger posted:

So when's a good time to cast Dissipation as an SCH?

If you've already used Rouse + Whispering Dawn and you're out of Aetherflow and you have a reasonable period of time left to go on your Aetherflow cooldown is what I've found. It's not like super-duper worth using regularly but it can be nice if you find yourself needing extra healing after using most of your resources.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Months Behind

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bolow posted:

Months Behind

Someday I'll manage to clear this phase past Virus. If we can just get past the planes. :shepicide:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someday I'll manage to clear this phase past Virus. If we can just get past the planes. :shepicide:

The first set of planes with missiles flying around is worse than Virus. It's worse than the second Ultros. It's worse than the second Bibliotaph. It just makes me mad.

Or should I say made me mad :smug:

What do you mean we don't raid again til the reset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

Months Behind

don't worry we cleared it two months ago, then cleared it weekly, then this week we just spent an hour wiping :cripes: