Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
What do u mean by dynamic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

He never said military press!!

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Sludge Tank posted:

What do u mean by dynamic?

me IRL

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
except with 1/3 the weight

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i love this

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Ah yes the standing overhead incline bench press

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sludge Tank posted:

Ah yes the standing overhead incline bench press

that sounds difficult

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i asked about the ideal gym shorts earlier and never mind bc i remembered that zubaz exists

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh you mean you don't wear a one strap singlet to the gym every day?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

TenementFunster posted:

i asked about the ideal gym shorts earlier and never mind bc i remembered that zubaz exists

the best gym shorts are a pair of beat up old sweatpants

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
*hole in the crotch optional

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Omnikin posted:

*hole in the crotch optional

Mandatory when you're spotting a pal benching

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I refuse to work out in any outfit that costs less than $200, not including shoes, or to ever be seen in the same one twice.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
My Romaleo 2's are the most expensive item of clothing i own.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ugh starting on a new program that MY GIRLFRIEND (und also my strength/conditioning coach) worked up for me, I have to do 6x5 Bench at 135 and it's so goddamn aggravating because I used to have a 235 bench then completely hosed my shoulders

But now at least I can feel my lats engaging and shoulders locking into place instead of slipping whenever I lift my arms over my head so that's good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Omnikin posted:

the best gym shorts are a pair of beat up old sweatpants
my beat up old sweatpants are zubaz so

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pressed a rep of 205 last night, new PR.

Maybe I'll finally hit 2/3/4/5 plate press/bench/squat/deadlift this year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MA-Horus posted:

Ugh starting on a new program that MY GIRLFRIEND (und also my strength/conditioning coach) worked up for me, I have to do 6x5 Bench at 135 and it's so goddamn aggravating because I used to have a 235 bench then completely hosed my shoulders

But now at least I can feel my lats engaging and shoulders locking into place instead of slipping whenever I lift my arms over my head so that's good

Honestly if you have any history of hosed shoulders just avoid bench altogether.

Unless you want to compete or find it to be harmless fun there's no point. Just ohp and do some light cable work for them titties.

bamhand posted:

A two plate press would be legit.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I only needed 195 on my program for this week but I was feeling good so gave 205 a try. I'm supposed to go up 5 pounds a month so hopefully I'll be there by the end of the year.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

sassassin posted:

Honestly if you have any history of hosed shoulders just avoid bench altogether.

Unless you want to compete or find it to be harmless fun there's no point. Just ohp and do some light cable work for them titties.

Nah I have no interest in competing, I'm really bad with that style of competition. I see someone doing more than me and I go I CAN DO THAT TOO and end up guillotining myself with a barbell

The program is adjustable based on my requirements. I'm already doing safety bar squats instead of low back squats because of shoulder rotation issues.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ohh man I'd love to have a not poo poo press

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

hemale in pain posted:

Ohh man I'd love to have a not poo poo press

Press like 4 times a week for a year. And don't be cutting while you do that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

So I’m trying this Mike Mentzer/Dorian Yates thing with the high intensity and low sets

I worked my chest March 23, almost a month ago for two bench press sets of 155lbs for 8 reps and then again yesterday for the same, I think I could’ve gone for more weight or reps but eh

So no big improvement really but also no steps back 🤔 working out 2x 45 minutes a week it appears I keep my strength in exercises, and in some it improved slightly, and a lot of free time

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I worked with an orthopedic surgeon who chiefly focused on shoulder revisions (which almost uniformly produce really poor outcomes) and his one word of wisdom with regard to chronic shoulder injury and weightlifting was never exceed body weight overhead so there you go.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So what you're saying is, it's good I gained 20 pounds before I got my OHP to 200+.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

Cutting is strength gain satan. I made crazy progress while gaining weight, and now I'm back to cutting and struggling to maintain.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dum Cumpster posted:

It's annoying how much sense that makes

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

bamhand posted:

Both of my rotators tore as I read this post

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Did some training with a buddy who’s been doing strongman poo poo for years he really ironed out the kinks in my deadlift form and managed to pull my previous PB 180kg easily then went for 190kg it was a fight but I got it up.

Turned out I had added up wrong and it was actually 200kg pretty psyched.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I just played with atlas stones for th3 first time and got uo to 128kg over the bar.
The lift itself isnt hard its the loving burn on your arms.

My first strongman comp is next week im feeling mostly confident except for the 460kg tyre. I had a crack todat and my shoes were slipping so i couldnt get it up hopefully vibrams fix that.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Spotted today: Dude doing 225 box squats using elastic bands hooked to the bar for extra resistance. Guess he was working on getting out of the hole?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Its the weekend. Time to go lift heavy things

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Vargatron posted:

Spotted today: Dude doing 225 box squats using elastic bands hooked to the bar for extra resistance. Guess he was working on getting out of the hole?

Not sure if you're familiar with rubber bands but they give more resistance the further you stretch them. You can try this experiment at home!

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Picked up heavy things today. Had to drop a monster poop afterwords.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i put ephedrine back into my PWO routine
taking it out was a mistake

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Sludge Tank Mass Gainer Smoothie (2lbs a week for me)

2 frozen bananas
8 raw eggs
2 cups frozen blueberries
200g plain greek yoghurt (Chobani)
1tbsp Mayver's peanut butter
2tbsp flaxseed oil
2 cups rolled oats
2-3 cups water or full cream milk

Should make about 1200mL

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dum Cumpster posted:

Not sure if you're familiar with rubber bands but they give more resistance the further you stretch them. You can try this experiment at home!

But why not just put more weight on the bar???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bacontotem posted:

Picked up heavy things today. Had to drop a monster poop afterwords.

I did not expect to see my spirit animal the first time I clicked on this thread

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Vargatron posted:

But why not just put more weight on the bar???

Can work on your lockout or speed with less fatigue I guess. But with that weight, yeah. Maybe he's got a rubber fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Vargatron posted:

Westside