Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
EDIT:

Aww nevermind. I don't want to start the new page like that.

Patrick Steward appears to be a good person, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blaze it bro.

cant cook creole bream posted:

EDIT:

Aww nevermind. I don't want to start the new page like that.

Patrick Steward appears to be a good person, by the way.

He's a great person, at least according to everything I've ever heard about him. Super funny/chill/nice.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Anybody notice that Hulu's stream of AD is a bit, uh, weird? It's like they grabbed it from Adult Swim cause half the time one of the stereo channels doesn't seem to be sent (you'll notice this with offscreen gags a bunch, if you have CC on you'll see the lines but you won't hear the audio)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't have an issue with it.

I also don't see how any of that relates to adult swim.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 21, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The vids of P-Stew and the pitt bull are just :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like that the Bazooka Sharks stuck. It's weird, but it's something they introduced in like Season 11 and they still bring it up in Season 14, like the writers still give a poo poo about the new stuff.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

I also don't see how any of that relates to adult swim.

It was a rather annoying issue that they had with their rebroadcasts for quite a while.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PostNouveau posted:

I like that the Bazooka Sharks stuck. It's weird, but it's something they introduced in like Season 11 and they still bring it up in Season 14, like the writers still give a poo poo about the new stuff.

So, what is Arena Football and why does it differ from regular Football? Like it seems part of the joke is that it is arena football, but I don't really get it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
High scoring indoor football with players far from an NFL level. Honestly I think they just didn't want to make Redskins jokes anymore.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So, what is Arena Football and why does it differ from regular Football? Like it seems part of the joke is that it is arena football, but I don't really get it.

Absolutely no one in the U.S. cares about arena football, so the joke is that the whole town is crazy into it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Party Plane Jones posted:

It was a rather annoying issue that they had with their rebroadcasts for quite a while.

Can't say I've ever encountered that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've noticed it more on reruns of Family Guy (when I used to watch those.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PostNouveau posted:

Absolutely no one in the U.S. cares about arena football, so the joke is that the whole town is crazy into it.

I doubt any of the teams are as cool as the 'zooks.

And none of them have Sky Crooner.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

High scoring indoor football with players far from an NFL level. Honestly I think they just didn't want to make Redskins jokes anymore.

Aren't they playing Arena Football in Starship Troopers?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It's a type of football where the rules and safety regulations are even more lax for the amateurs that play it. The Bazooka Sharks jokes are not that emblished when it comes to injuries. It's also like hockey where the fans sit on the edge of the field behind a small barricade without the plexiglass. Players regularly end up jumping into the crowd to catch balls.

So yeah, a more violent football with more fan interaction.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Don't forget about... THE BLACK KNIGHT!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Dammit, I lost my watch. You have tiny hands son come over and help me find it.

Every time I think Jack's parenting can't get any worse they show how he did the birds and bees talk with Stan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So many pictures of Axel Rose.

Also always enjoy Detective Turlington showing up.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
That water slide scene was great. Same with the outline of Stan with the swords around him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When did they stop having Forest Whitaker voice Turlington?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
This episode was brilliant. Unsubtle like last time, but I don’t even care.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So it's like you're dating your daughter? It's EXACTLY like that!

limp_cheese posted:

Dammit, I lost my watch. You have tiny hands son come over and help me find it.

Every time I think Jack's parenting can't get any worse they show how he did the birds and bees talk with Stan.

Those were probably the 2 best scenes in this great episode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Deathstroke gag slayed me.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

The Deathstroke gag slayed me.

I was totally ready for some sort of lame "masturbation is DEATH" pun and that made it all the better.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

So wait, did it actually happen? Is Steve not a virgin anymore?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FuriousxGeorge posted:

So wait, did it actually happen? Is Steve not a virgin anymore?

Don't sorry about it. It's not the first time he lost his virginity.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

When was the other time?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

You know how Roger has that one persona each that members of the family can't see through....

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

He uses a stress ball though that doesn't count.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Don't sorry about it. It's not the first time he lost his virginity.

I had thought that too, but I couldn't remember so I looked it up on the Wiki. This appears to be the first time where Stan didn't ruin it somehow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BattleTech posted:

I had thought that too, but I couldn't remember so I looked it up on the Wiki. This appears to be the first time where Stan didn't ruin it somehow.

Huh, I was pretty sure he slept with Gretchen at least.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Huh, I was pretty sure he slept with Gretchen at least.

Actually yeah, it was heavily implied. But then there are years of episodes where he is still characterized as a virgin. Think the same thing is going to happen with this episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Actually yeah, it was heavily implied. But then there are years of episodes where he is still characterized as a virgin. Think the same thing is going to happen with this episode.

FuriousxGeorge this episode was obviously a dream. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The whole purity thing is super duper creepy, and really misogynistic.

Until they marry the men we choose for them!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

FuriousxGeorge this episode was obviously a dream. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

Space Cadet Omoly, five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it. You also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

The whole purity thing is super duper creepy, and really misogynistic.

Until they marry the men we choose for them!

It's super duper creepy. The cleveland show did a similar episode, but their phrasing was something along the lines of "Jr, would you rather have an unopened can of soda, or an opened can of soda that somebody put their penis in". Which in some ways is way worse than the AD one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I really hope not, cause that well has been drained dry and they really need to find something new to do with him

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I’d be fine with them exploring him having a girlfriend again for a while, like with Debbie.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
All the threads were great this time out.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Neeksy posted:

I’d be fine with them exploring him having a girlfriend again for a while, like with Debbie.

I was really hoping they would do that with the girl he met this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BattleTech posted:

It's super duper creepy. The cleveland show did a similar episode, but their phrasing was something along the lines of "Jr, would you rather have an unopened can of soda, or an opened can of soda that somebody put their penis in". Which in some ways is way worse than the AD one.

AD was all about how it was super creepy, Cleveland was just reinforcing that women should save themselves out of some male desire.