Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is great news, because I would love to get some experience with guns and vehicles that lasts longer than 2 minutes out of every 30. :toot:

It's great because I know the crossbow is lovely, but this gives me the opportunity to actually experience how lovely it is without getting killed almost immediately.

It's also interesting that this feature isn't in the core PC version. Apparently the mobile version has better match stats tracking too. I'd like to see the new war mode on PC pop up here though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mrkillboy posted:

It's great because I know the crossbow is lovely, but this gives me the opportunity to actually experience how lovely it is without getting killed almost immediately.

It's also interesting that this feature isn't in the core PC version. Apparently the mobile version has better match stats tracking too. I'd like to see the new war mode on PC pop up here though.

The crossbow is actually very good.

https://gfycat.com/ApprehensiveNegligibleIrishdraughthorse

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Uninstalled Matchland CN. I actually enjoyed alot of the gameplay, but holy moly was the diagonal sensitivity infuriating, especially as getting a non match immediately ends your turn, and with 2 seconds you can't exactly go slow and steady.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

I also didnt include the 6 other currencies you have to grind for that have dismal drop rates of course.

Edit: oh and if you do whale out and get the best possible teams. You still will lose PVP everytime because it is full of cheaters. Considering PVP is one of the only ways to get a decent chunck of gems and cards. Lmao.

The game is a dismal slog so it is a perfect homage to the current DCMU and zach snyder.

How would you cheat? You can’t exactly say Look Behind YOU! and get some sneaky blows in.

Perhaps I’m being stupid, though.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 17, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Funso Banjo posted:

How would you cheat? You can’t exactly say Look Behind YOU! and get some sneaky blows in.

Perhaps I’m being stupid, though.

There seems to be some exploitable bug that makes it so when you battle an oppnent you can never knock them out. You can get them all the way down to 1 HP, but no finishing hit.

I didnt include that PVP is live matches to, so if you are a new player starting out you can be immediately get matcged to someone with max characters if they are searching at the same time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Dragonfall kind of throws you in to the pool on purpose, you make you feel confused and in over your head, because that's a large part of the plot hook. The game does assume you have at least a cursory knowledge of the setting and concepts, but it isn't anything you won't get a handle on quickly

Don't play Returns.

In my opinion Returns is vastly more interesting if you're an old school Shadowrun player that's been around forever and done the pen and paper modules. You see the Universal Brotherhood being at the core of things and are all "oooh, I know where this is going :stonk:" and the clunky mechanics and godawful final fight can be washed away a bit by nostalgia.

For everyone else it's pretty mediocre to bad and full credit to Harebrained for fixing it so well in the next two

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Ah balls. I'll start from Dragonfall then, I bought the full package that gave me Hong Kong and that Torment game so I'd have picked it up anyway. Might be the next game I start.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they making more of those shadowru. Rpgs or what happened?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
They're just finishing up with Battletech right now, wouldn't surprise me if that gets a sequel before they maybe do Shadowrun again.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

The Room: Old Sins is out today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot drat! I love that series.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

It's great. Can't tell if it's better than 3 yet but it might be.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Thundercracker posted:

Uninstalled Matchland CN. I actually enjoyed alot of the gameplay, but holy moly was the diagonal sensitivity infuriating, especially as getting a non match immediately ends your turn, and with 2 seconds you can't exactly go slow and steady.

you can also swap orbs by tapping each of the 2 orbs individually :eng101:

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This is a game changer...

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Does anyone know of games that are kind of like Pocket Stables or Pocket Frogs? Just kind of "do thing with critter, breed to get baby critters that are better at thing, repeat." I think I have played Pocket Stables to death and Frogs is kind of dull.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

tudabee posted:

Does anyone know of games that are kind of like Pocket Stables or Pocket Frogs? Just kind of "do thing with critter, breed to get baby critters that are better at thing, repeat." I think I have played Pocket Stables to death and Frogs is kind of dull.

Disco Zoo (but not really)

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Disco Zoo (but not really)

I just realized that we used to play tons of disco zoo and tiny tower until pokemon go came out. That takes the place as a super grindy game for now.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dynamite Headdy is the latest Sega Forever thing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I wish I knew this before uninstalling the game

I finally got Meteorfall: Journeys and am having a blast. When I beat the game I get about 200 points though I have no idea how the top scorers are getting over 1k.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

I wish I knew this before uninstalling the game

I finally got Meteorfall: Journeys and am having a blast. When I beat the game I get about 200 points though I have no idea how the top scorers are getting over 1k.

Is there something I'm missing about this game? I've tried it a few times, and it is just boring. No depth at all, just boring cards, boring mechanics, and repetitive gameplay.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

It's a basic stripped down deck building roguelike. I need something to scratch my Slay the Spire itch while pooping. I'm not surprised if you were unimpressed but the basic mechanic of it is enough for me in a way Dungeon Cards never was.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
That Brew Town brewery sim is officially out now.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Well this is surprise, the new mobile Puzzle Fighter that was released in November is getting killed off in July. I did play a fair bit, but I don't think I'll miss it.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
anyone playing Sdorica?

Haven't been able to play it much, but the animations look great and the combat is different than any other mobile game I've played. Also, they gave a whole bunch of free stuff away.

edit: Looking at the characters, it doesn't seem to follow the Summoner's War model on evolving characters. It looks like you collect materials from stages and evolve. Instead of sacrificing other characters.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 20, 2018

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

That Brew Town brewery sim is officially out now.

I usually like playing "make numbers bigger" games and have a fair amount of patience for idle games but man the core gameplay loop of this game is not engrossing at all. It's really nicely polished and IAP/ads seem pretty unobtrusive and opt-in though.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Rubicon posted:

anyone playing Sdorica?

I've been playing it and it does seem interesting as far as gatchas go. It's so nice to not have to deal with energy limits or managing giant piles of duplicate trash characters.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rubicon posted:

anyone playing Sdorica?

Haven't been able to play it much, but the animations look great and the combat is different than any other mobile game I've played. Also, they gave a whole bunch of free stuff away.

edit: Looking at the characters, it doesn't seem to follow the Summoner's War model on evolving characters. It looks like you collect materials from stages and evolve. Instead of sacrificing other characters.

I just gave it a shot, definitely seems interesting. Character designs are pretty cool, as is the art style. I like that it's not focused around automatic battles, it's got a light bit of strategy to the gameplay.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Mr Hootington posted:

When DC Unchained comes out do not download this game. It is aggressively bad and the grind is destiny 1 levels of bad.

I understand what you are saying, but, I want it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Diabetic posted:

I understand what you are saying, but, I want it.

They maybe fixing it. Some of the big problems with character cardd were addressed by adding another currency.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Rubicon posted:

anyone playing Sdorica?

i tried installing this. the game wants full read/write access to all files on my phone. yeah......nope

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can anyone give me a slightly better explanation than the tutorial of what the hell is going on with card/path costs in card thief?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

the thing about card thief is: if say an enemy is looking to the right and you approach him from the left (opposite side from where he's looking), you get to neutralize him without paying the stealth cost

took me a while to figure that out

also, if you manage to clear all cards in a single stroke, you enter the next phase in full stealth

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Every space you move that is not adjacent to where you start increases card prices

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Every space you move that is not adjacent to where you start increases card prices
that makes much more sense than how it was worded in the game. also didnt help it said "experiment with the prices" but once you click on the end tile it wont let you back out to try other routes.

Mr. Pickles posted:

the thing about card thief is: if say an enemy is looking to the right and you approach him from the left (opposite side from where he's looking), you get to neutralize him without paying the stealth cost

took me a while to figure that out

also, if you manage to clear all cards in a single stroke, you enter the next phase in full stealth
they did mention the backstab thing in the tutorial but i dont think they said anything about a bonus for clearing all the cards so thanks for that

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hi Goons, I'm really liking Sdorica: Sunset so I created a guild in it. I considered calling it Goon Sduad but I figured just Goonsquad will do.

Server is Stardust Library, invite code is b9fef0

Right now limit is ten people, but shouldn't be too hard to increase that.

PringleCreamEgg fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 21, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You 100% can back out from anything until you confirm the move by holding down on your character. The prices all update as you input moves, the only thing that doesn't update is the movement of cards

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Hi Goons, I'm really liking Sdorica: Sunset so I created a guild in it. I considered calling it Goon Sduad but I figured just Goonsquad will do.

Server is Stardust Library, invite code is b9ef0

Right now limit is ten people, but shouldn't be too hard to increase that.y

Maybe I'll try this game but you missed a hell of an opportunity with the name. Scrap the guild and remake!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

You 100% can back out from anything until you confirm the move by holding down on your character.
every other card you just tap it again and it deselects. i could not get this to work for the exit in the tutorial.

and yeah i saw the card costs updating i just wasnt sure exactly how it worked

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I wouldn't have expected the TV show Broad City to get its own mobile game, and yet here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Server is Stardust Library, invite code is b9ef0

Right now limit is ten people, but shouldn't be too hard to increase that.
Invalid Invite Code? I double checked for Stardust Library.