Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

verbal enema posted:

Oh my bad Sharon Rogers

Captain Sharon is in the generic selectors you can get from the alliance store daily, and also the daily 8 pack if you roll blue. Do not buy the biometrics package and waste days on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I forgot I still need to get 150 bios for X-men to t2 them. Well, that's only a week of X-genes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

verbal enema posted:

Oh my bad Sharon Rogers

The best way to get bios for her is Shadowland. You can get bios at Floor 5, 10, and 15. If you can't do that you do the daily ones, maybsle the alliance ones, tickets, or wait for an event to give a bio selector. We'll probably get something the next couple of weeks with the Infinity War and Anniversary updates.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
So I have a 6 mega-rank-up ticket now. Which of my 4 rank-1 dudes should I spend it on?

Agent Venom
Kid Kaiju
Killmonger
Spider-Man 2099

Thanks, goons

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

well guys I did it, I spent my T2 selector

I hope you're all proud of me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

well guys I did it, I spent my T2 selector

I hope you're all proud of me.

This should go in the OP.

And it will!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Thanks

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I have no idea why I would want to T3 any characters. They're pretty much only useful for PVP and that's the worst part of the game. I hope they add some more modes or stages beyond the paywall movie battles.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bobmcdynamite posted:

I have no idea why I would want to T3 any characters. They're pretty much only useful for PVP and that's the worst part of the game. I hope they add some more modes or stages beyond the paywall movie battles.

They will, op.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought everything in the event shop except the money and some of the Cap bios. I hope its not going to turn out that they offered exactly enough Cap bios to t3 him.

Well, not like he doesn't have 4 story missions to get them from.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy crap, just realized that unlocking Magneto also unlocked all of the prizing along the story track for the X-Men quest. Just got a crapton of resources and bios for him. Yay!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's probably the best value "buy" in the game because you get back like half the crystals immediately plus a bunch of other stuff, get one step closer to getting Jean Grey, and he's easy to collect bios for to T2 naturally.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Magneto's stage alone is one of the best sources of bios to feed to native t2s, and now t3s. He is actually an amazing deal.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Just opened my first special legendary chest from co-op and of course it was filled with garbage. Ah well, at least the update is coming.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

A surfing dog?! posted:

Just opened my first special legendary chest from co-op and of course it was filled with garbage. Ah well, at least the update is coming.

grats on your guks, debris, those norns you already have 10k of, and bullseye bios

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I got my first 0% in the world boss co-op. I loaded in, took a second to be sure we met the quest requirements, went to click to swap from Cyclops to Jean and it was over. Somebody's Cable did like 99.3% damage in about 2 seconds.

I didn't realize the big patch was today. I haven't done Shadowlands for the week and won't have time now. I need Doomsaw to log me in and clear it for me.

I've seen it mentioned in a few places including possibly here (apologies if so) but be sure to stay away from the Legendary mode if you want to avoid movie spoilers. Previous Legendary battles spoiled the fact that Hulk battles against vans on the bifrost and that Valkyrie used to have a secret army of my little ponies. You don't want to know that Thanos beats Hawkeye to death wielding Thor in one hand and Hulk in the other, and you don't want the awesome scene where Proxima pole vaults over Rocket Raccoon using her spear ruined for you. And it would definitely ruin that Groot goes all goth rebellious teenager and joins Thanos's side and moshes to death metal while the rest of the guardians are blown to bits during the ending credits. So yeah watch out for that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bagrada posted:

I got my first 0% in the world boss co-op. I loaded in, took a second to be sure we met the quest requirements, went to click to swap from Cyclops to Jean and it was over. Somebody's Cable did like 99.3% damage in about 2 seconds.

I didn't realize the big patch was today. I haven't done Shadowlands for the week and won't have time now. I need Doomsaw to log me in and clear it for me.

I've seen it mentioned in a few places including possibly here (apologies if so) but be sure to stay away from the Legendary mode if you want to avoid movie spoilers. Previous Legendary battles spoiled the fact that Hulk battles against vans on the bifrost and that Valkyrie used to have a secret army of my little ponies. You don't want to know that Thanos beats Hawkeye to death wielding Thor in one hand and Hulk in the other, and you don't want the awesome scene where Proxima pole vaults over Rocket Raccoon using her spear ruined for you. And it would definitely ruin that Groot goes all goth rebellious teenager and joins Thanos's side and moshes to death metal while the rest of the guardians are blown to bits during the ending credits. So yeah watch out for that.

Shadowland resets Thursday afternoon though? Unless they specifically said they were resetting with the patch this week.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Shadowland resets Thursday afternoon though? Unless they specifically said they were resetting with the patch this week.

Yeah I should have clarified to avoid confusion, between work and family stuff the only time I have left to sit around playing shadowland is tonight and the servers will be down quite a while for the patch. It's still this week's reset for another day and 2/3 after that, I just won't have the free play time myself to do a full run. I may have to just take my meta chars and stomp through 15 levels in 15 mins for the bios. Most weeks it takes me a couple of hours while watching netflix so I save it for Monday or Tuesday night.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

bagrada posted:

That may have been my Cable:smug:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah I was like 2 seconds? My Cable ends the co-op half a second after I hit 5*

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

grats on your guks, debris, those norns you already have 10k of, and bullseye bios

Right on everything except the bios. I wish I got bios to feed to dudes at least.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

bagrada posted:

Know what else is a huge spoiler? Posting the spoilers in graphic detail.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Shappa posted:

Oh sweet child.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Shappa posted:

:thejoke:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Costumes:

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
YASSSSS

Daddy is gettin' a new Spidey uniform! I refused to use Hobo-Spidey because it looked like hot trash compared to Civil War Spidey!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Im so glad Jim from the office is joining the game, didn’t realize Chris Evans had been replaced

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't like the look of Hobo Spidey but if the Infinity War costume doesn't keep his 4 skill then its a bad tradeoff.

I probably won't get it anyway since Hobo Spidey is good enough to do my Floor 25 in Shadowland and serve as a Timeline counter to Quicksilver and Jean. And I only have enough crystals to get 2 of these really expensive costumes. Maybe 3 if they give us some this week.

I figure

Already Solid/Good So Probably Not Gonna Bother
Hobo Spidey
Ragnarok Thor
Proxima
Iron Man

Supposedly Good But I Haven't Really Practiced With Them Or Worked Them Up Yet
Baby Groot
Corvus
Thanos

Could Definitely Use A Boost
Cap
Widow
Winter Soldier

I imagine Cap might be a needed buy for the T3 so then its between Winter Soldier and Widow. At least until reviews come and we find out which costumes are must buys and which are duds.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I was surprised because I never looked at Iron Man's skills much until recently and like, his 5* has a 20 second cooldown when it's a couple iframes and only kind of decent damage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The big key with Iron Man is that his 3 gives you invincibility and its got a really quick reset. So I can play him like 3-4-5-3-1-2-3-4-1-3-2-5-3. Its just about hitting the 3 as often as possible and hitting whatever else is available in the meantime. I use Ironheart to give him an Energy boost and War Machine as a warm body with a boost and he can "solo" a Combat Rumble without much trouble well into the teens.

So like, he could definitely use a solo upgrade but for now I got a routine and he's more valuable to me than Widow, Bucky, and Cap are.

And I really need to practice with Baby Groot and Corvus since I've read their good but haven't had luck with them (but haven't really tried).

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Holy poo poo Thanos is a monster. With the uniform, he just tore through Jean in timeline like it was nothing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought Thanos, cap, widow and Spidey. The last 2 because you need them in the quest stages.

Im thinking of getting Bucky or Proximal costume. Unless there is a must have here.

And dammit, there is a movie Wanda costume in game but we can't buy it.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

All those crystals gone, but I ended up grabbing unis for everyone except Thor and Spidey since I their last ones are still good or Corvus and Proxima Midnight because I don't plan on leveling them up yet unless those unis make them incredible.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wtffffffffffffff

Caps new uniform has given him just a little bit of a revamp, Jesus.

Total list of new uniforms:

Cap
Iron Man
B Widow
Thor
Spiderman
Groot
Bucky
Proxima
Corvus
Thanos

Also Thors uniform shows his new weapon, so movie spoiler right there I guess?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Sure am glad I held off on the old Thanos uniform.

Groot kinda weirds me out.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Well...

The entire UI has changed, kind of confusing right now, although I am sure it is better. World boss is completely different now, rewards seem better and there is no seperate ultimate mode anymore. You just have Beginer -> Normal -> Ultimate, and when you complete a WB it levels up.

My Spiderman is now level 62. When you clear WB certain characters are able to advance. You then input T2 materials to progress them, and then input Bios to level them to 62, then 64, 66 etc just using more T2 materials each time. I imagine once you get to 70 you will be able to do a final progression to T3?

At T3 Cap gets another skill rather than more passive abilities. It charges up as you do damage I think, and at 100% you get to unleash it like an ultimate ability kind of thing.

Also the new uniforms are pretty crazy. I had a hard time working out what was going on as there are so many special effects. Cap, Iron Man and Spidermans new uniforms are pretty crazy, I would think pushing them into T1 territory.

Edit: Those were the only uniforms I have bought so far. I imagine the other ones are also insane.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Apr 25, 2018

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I bought Thanos, cap, widow and Spidey. The last 2 because you need them in the quest stages.

Im thinking of getting Bucky or Proximal costume. Unless there is a must have here.

And dammit, there is a movie Wanda costume in game but we can't buy it.

It says that this is the first pack of Infinity War costumes. So she is probably in the next one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have all the crystals to splurge on uniforms like you folks. I'll wait for reviews, but probably Cap and Widow right now since they're required for Legendary rewards and both could use an upgrade more than others like Spidey. The rewards don't seem that special though so we'll see. Part of me just wants to grab Emma Frost with my crystals and wait on the costumes.

I got Dr. Strange to Level 70. Wasn't too bad. Lots of bios but I could do it with the probably roughly 2000 bios I had stashed with Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, and Loki. And probably less than 1000 BAM. Pricey but not terrible. Gold too. You get a choice of using BAM, Chaos Stones, or a new material. I just have the most BAM of that stuff so that's the way I went. Now I need to work up gear but you need the new stuff from World Boss Ultimate for that so tomorrow, I guess.

I nabbed one set of the new stuff beating Proxima in WBU but couldn't get a second batch since you can't reuse characters now. Its the same as the old WBR rules where its one and done, which makes Ultimate harder now. That's not great. But the normal rewards seem to have roughly doubled so that's good. Less random stuff but twice as much BAM and Chaos Stones. Good for T2ing and T3ing, I guess.

I don't like the interface but chalk that up "change is bad". Its such a small thing but I currently hate the way gear looks now. I'm sure I'll get past that.

Infinity War Legendary Battles are tough. Not looking forward to Extreme. Not getting there any time soon anyway. They're probably kind of spoilery to the movie but probably no more than trailers are. I guess maybe I have some idea of the plot now, but I only recently watched Ragnarok after playing the Legendary Battles when they came out and it didn't really affect my viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
My next character to level up was going to be Jean, however now I might have to change to Thanos. Do they both cost the same to level? Or does Thanos take a lot more resources?