Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
Going by what Lucio mains are saying, it sounds like they actually nerfed his wall riding. While it's easier to do basic stuff, more advanced stuff no longer works/is way slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Manatee Cannon posted:

reducing the size of the grenades was big but the rip tire nerf was totally justified imo

Yeah, tire speed nerf was totally fair. It’s a pretty small change too

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

the same people who aren't able to avoid slow arcing projectiles and complain that Junkrat is OP are still gonna trip all over easily-avoided grenades and continue complaining about JR :shrug:

Won't affect us JR mains too much, just gotta get better at aiming and leading your targets.

Word, at least they’re not reducing damage directly. It seems most people in diamond can easily dodge or get out of the way of rat nades most of the time

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A non-ult teleporter sounds interesting, but one problem with Symmetra is that too much of her value lies in automated abilities, preventing her from scaling with skill level as well as most other characters. A different set-it-and-forget it ability can only be part of the answer; she needs something more interesting and challenging to do in combat.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Her new ult is that turrets shoot out from her, covering every surface in LOS

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they took scatter arrow from hanzo so they could give it to symmetra

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

they took scatter arrow from hanzo so they could give it to symmetra

It's funny that you said that. I was trying to imagine how they could make her right click more skillfull and interesting, and came up with a chargeable fast moving shaft or pyramid of "hard light" that shatters on impact.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Minrad posted:

https://www.invenglobal.com/article...-channel-system

So, the card he revealed was something showing Symmetra doing like 40 teleports in one game. I've got a suspicion that the rework is going to let Symmetra build a non-ultimate Teleporter, but with a very limited range and you have to place both ends. Imagine on Volskaya, being able to teleport from the large medkit room on point a to the small medkit room to the left of the choke. Or, if something keeps busting in and busting your teleporters, just use it to speed up the run back a little bit from spawn. Either way you get a lot of new interesting options for defense without just having the Mercy 2.0 problem of "kills mean nothing"

You are fooling yourself if you believe the Teleporter rework is anything more than a single use Teleporter on a 60 second cooldown. Having to place two teleporters is way too much busywork for Overwatch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Let Sym teleport people around like she was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. There's no way that can go wrong.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
YouTube video titles are yelling about a Brigitte nerf; please say it isn't true. I a) don't want Brigitte to be nerfed, but I b) at least want her to run amok amongst dive comps for a month before they nerf her.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Let Sym turn any doorway into a portal off a cliff. Affects both teams.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Let Symmetra create illusionary members of her team who run in front of her.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It think the only mechanic that really makes sense for sym single use tele is to make it exactly how it is right now, but 1 charge. It puts a portal up from spawn to your current position. If genji uses it instead of mercy, RIP team. This makes it work with all the code that's already written, and is in line with res.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

YouTube video titles are yelling about a Brigitte nerf; please say it isn't true. I a) don't want Brigitte to be nerfed, but I b) at least want her to run amok amongst dive comps for a month before they nerf her.

they reduced her shield bash cone from 90 degrees to 60 degrees, which i guess is technically a nerf but is minor enough that's it's not going to make much a difference

that said literally everyone everywhere is complaining about brigitte all the time so get your playtime in on her while you still can because who fuckin knows

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Heaven forbid we see some pro games that aren't Tracer/Genji/Winston/D.Va.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Rand Brittain posted:

YouTube video titles are yelling

They're also usually deliberately written to be misleading as gently caress for clicks, and base a lot of their content entirely on wild speculation. SirSwag's "Overwatch news without the bullshit" is usually the only one i've found that just tells you what's what without any loving around.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing I can see getting nerf for sure is her armor from the ult, at least being treated temporary like her E version instead of lasting until you take damage.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

megane posted:

Heaven forbid we see some pro games that aren't Tracer/Genji/Winston/D.Va.

Orisa and Reinhardt tank mirrors are boring as poo poo to watch though.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Didn't symmetra's original build require that you place both ends of the teleporter, and then they realized that the basically everyone who was using it seriously was just putting one end in the spawn and just changed it to that to make it simpler?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Ashcans posted:

Didn't symmetra's original build require that you place both ends of the teleporter, and then they realized that the basically everyone who was using it seriously was just putting one end in the spawn and just changed it to that to make it simpler?

Imagine if you could place them anywhere, go both directions, shoot through it, and had unlimited time/uses. The catch is that you aren't allowed to use it the first 10 seconds after you spawn.

I'm not even entirely sure it would be OP, especially if you could still kill it.

You could use it to give widow a cool angle, shortcut to high ground, combo with sombra health pack hack.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I do wish I could send the tire through

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

Zerya is pretty good to swing a tank choice in 6v6 elim comp. 0v2 goes to 1v2 so it seems.

Star Frog fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 20, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I tried out some 6v6 comp and I placed in plat, I've never managed to get to plat yet in regular comp :unsmith:

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

silver comp to silver elim so hot takes inc...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
elims is a good mode. bust out your best "bad" heroes and carry teams by virtue of keeping "good" picks open for later rounds. also some nice meta game and mindfuckery around the whole widow/pharmercy picking/counterpicking.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

also busting out reaper when its 2v2 is ace

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Symmetra probably fits better as a Defense Hero anyway, even if she lacks a reliable long-range projectile like most of them have.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Symmetra probably fits better as a Defense Hero anyway, even if she lacks a reliable long-range projectile like most of them have.

Yeah she's somewhere in the nebulous area denial/area control zone. I wish there was a less confusing catchy word for that which didn't confuse and scare solo queue players.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Symmetra and Moira loving ruin bad players like me as they drain me and hop around and I can't loving hit them.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Symmetra and Moira loving ruin bad players like me as they drain me and hop around and I can't loving hit them.

That's why all the crying about Brigitte is silly. We've had devastating melee heroes for a while that just gently caress you up but "OP" is an easier pill to swallow than "noses touching is not an effective aim range, stop doing that".

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Phobophilia posted:

Brigitte don't give a poo poo, mace2face

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

wit posted:

That's why all the crying about Brigitte is silly. We've had devastating melee heroes for a while that just gently caress you up but "OP" is an easier pill to swallow than "noses touching is not an effective aim range, stop doing that".

Brigitte is wayyyy more dangerous in melee range than Moira or Symmetra.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

My moira game has improved since playing the retribution event as you learn how to get missed by the enforcers fairly quickly

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

wit posted:

Yeah she's somewhere in the nebulous area denial/area control zone. I wish there was a less confusing catchy word for that which didn't confuse and scare solo queue players.

I'd go with "Guard". Though that might be too easily confused with Tank?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

porfiria posted:

Brigitte is wayyyy more dangerous in melee range than Moira or Symmetra.

I think the point is less about how they are in melee range and more the need to “git gud” when engaging them

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I had my best moment ever as Reaper on Gibralter just now.

I teleported behind a widowmaker on a the ledge near the attack spawn, kill her, drop down and finish off a fleeing Brigitte. I duck into the side room in wraith form while low on HP, pick up the health pack, and DIE DIE DIE, finishing off the entire enemy team.

I get play of the game. I'm excited for my friends to see my rare moment of glory.

Play of the game starts.

I shoot a guy who is low on HP and running away in the back, then gun down a blatantly AFK Mercy to pad my stats.

That was a moment of shame, nobody was supposed to see that. :negative:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The only time I got a good POTG was when I was playing S76, gunned down someone turning a corner and then shot at a Pharah finishing her off with a well-lead rocket. That one I felt was very much deserved because goddamn and it also let us advance towards the point (it was Gilbraltar B).

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is the only POTG I'm proud of and probably the best I'll ever do

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is still my favorite POTG that I captured of some random Hanzo player on the other team. It just so stupid that I can't help but to love it. Just wish the audio didn't get eaten by Nvida shadowcopy messing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsE4k5YRsE

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rirse posted:

This is still my favorite POTG that I captured of some random Hanzo player on the other team. It just so stupid that I can't help but to love it. Just wish the audio didn't get eaten by Nvida shadowcopy messing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsE4k5YRsE

Did the kills apply to the end of the first round, and the kill alerts just popped up on the screen at the next round? Or were you all killed in spawn at the start of the second round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Listerine posted:

Did the kills apply to the end of the first round, and the kill alerts just popped up on the screen at the next round? Or were you all killed in spawn at the start of the second round?

It killed us as the next match was about to start.

Also man Mystery Hero really should disable Bastion. Anytime the other team gets one, nobody can kill him as the game will actively give classes that can't deal with him.