Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I didn't see him in the last chapter, though, so I'm curious where Nami has him stashed away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there was a scene of Nami talking to him below deck or something a few chapters back. All the same, I look forward to seeing her go full Goku at some point (she's already got the pole after all).

Off the subject but while I don't necessary want her on the crew I think Pudding and Sanji were actually really good together and hope she comes back in some capacity later on. On the same note, I hope the much needed character development Sanji got during this arc actually sticks and he doesn't just immediately revert back to his old self once we get to Wano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Larryb posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there was a scene of Nami talking to him below deck or something a few chapters back. All the same, I look forward to seeing her go full Goku at some point (she's already got the pole after all).

Off the subject but while I don't necessary want her on the crew I think Pudding and Sanji were actually really good together and hope she comes back in some capacity later on. On the same note, I hope the much needed character development Sanji got during this arc actually sticks and he doesn't just immediately revert back to his old self once we get to Wano.

:agreed: Sanji & Pudding OTP forever. I'm so sad Pudding stayed behind after all that. :(

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, what's Luffy's new bounty going to be? Cause after :bignews: reports Strawhat gave an Emperor a black eye by loving up her tea party and surviving, that seems like it would force the Marines to increment the "want you dead very very badly" counter again.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kerning Chameleon posted:

So, what's Luffy's new bounty going to be? Cause after :bignews: reports Strawhat gave an Emperor a black eye by loving up her tea party and surviving, that seems like it would force the Marines to increment the "want you dead very very badly" counter again.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the billion barrier this time.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the billion barrier this time.

Hmm. Depends on whether word gets out that Luffy beat Katakuri, probably.

It will also be interesting to see whether Bege, Jimbei, Sanji, Nami, Brook, Chopper, and Pedro get bounty increases, and whether Carrot gets her first bounty. If the Vinsmokes lose their Reverie status for trying to ally with Big Mom, then they'll probably get bounties too (and Sanji will lose "Only Alive.")

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Usopps bounty goes up, everyone elses goes down.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Usopps bounty goes up, everyone elses goes down.

Everyone at Wano's bounty goes up more than theirs.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Silver2195 posted:

Hmm. Depends on whether word gets out that Luffy beat Katakuri, probably.

It will also be interesting to see whether Bege, Jimbei, Sanji, Nami, Brook, Chopper, and Pedro get bounty increases, and whether Carrot gets her first bounty. If the Vinsmokes lose their Reverie status for trying to ally with Big Mom, then they'll probably get bounties too (and Sanji will lose "Only Alive.")

Don't forget that :bignews: also thinks that Luffy sabotaged the tamatebako, and thus also destroyed Big Mom's castle. He was also definitely around when Brulee said that Luffy beat Katakuri.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
my stupid theory that 99% chance wont happen is big mom pulling a moriah and sucking everyones soul on the battle field then becoming young big mom so luffy can fight her quickly after wano

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
My theory is that DISSENSION will cause one or two boats worth of Mama's Family to break away and join the Straw Hats at a critical juncture

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
I like to think that Katakuri D. Ogtooth was happy Luffy got away because after all that running around with Brûlé they never hurt her.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Je suis fatigue posted:

I like to think that Katakuri D. Ogtooth was happy Luffy got away because after all that running around with Brûlé they never hurt her.

:unsmith: x 1000

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

DizzyBum posted:

:agreed: Sanji & Pudding OTP forever. I'm so sad Pudding stayed behind after all that. :(

Agreed. I’m very happy with my av right now. Of all the douchey heel-face turns in One Piece, Pudding is one of my favorites, the whole Charlotte family is hosed up and this arc was intense for how terrified Big Mom’s family was of her through it all.

I really hope Sanji’s romance routine transitions into a pining for Pudding and refusing to mack on other girls in a way that would hurt his betrothed. Those two are definitely up there alongside the Sunny for best ship in the comic, now.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

I had assumed that Pudding was going to run off with a more substantive chunk of Sanji's memory to make sure he simply escaped without more entanglements but now that we can see she apparently only took one conversation but Sanji was still all "well time to go, minus one fiancee" leaves me more confused than ever.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I had assumed that Pudding was going to run off with a more substantive chunk of Sanji's memory to make sure he simply escaped without more entanglements but now that we can see she apparently only took one conversation but Sanji was still all "well time to go, minus one fiancee" leaves me more confused than ever.

She kissed him. That's what she took his memory of.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
So since Nami has Zeus now, that means Big Mom can always find the straw hats. Or anyone with a big mom vivre card, presumably.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

has oda ever drawn characters kissing? i think he doesn't know how so he drew their legs instead!!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Lpzie posted:

has oda ever drawn characters kissing? i think he doesn't know how so he drew their legs instead!!

Young Fred Savage doesn't approve of their relationship enough to allow a kissing scene. Maybe in another thousand chapters.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm surprised we got this much of a romance subplot in One Piece, considering Oda's previous attitudes on the subject.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

EimiYoshikawa posted:

She kissed him. That's what she took his memory of.

Well that actually makes a lot of sense and would more or less answer all of my previous questions, hmm

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
If you think about it, that was probably Pudding's first kiss. The Charlottes probably killed every other groom after 'you may kiss the bride' but before it happened, just like was planned for Sanji.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EimiYoshikawa posted:

If you think about it, that was probably Pudding's first kiss. The Charlottes probably killed every other groom after 'you may kiss the bride' but before it happened, just like was planned for Sanji.

Probably Pudding's first kiss but also probably her first wedding in general
I'm thinking the Germa assassination plan was a special occasion since they're not really trustworthy and she REALLY wanted their science, considering Praline & Chiffon were happily married to their very alive husbands.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, I mean, I doubt any of the other engagements resulted in a wedding anything like that one. They were probably considerably more private, low-key events...that resulted in the murder of the groom/whatever family and/or crew was with them so that they could get their hands on whatever it was they wanted. Just not nearly as dramatic or public as the Germa affair.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I didn't see him in the last chapter, though, so I'm curious where Nami has him stashed away.

But yeah Big Mom has only had Prometheus for a while now, and that's super interesting. The Straw Hats have not only taken Sanji back, gotten a rubbing of the Poneglyth, destroyed their main base and defeated their most powerful commander, but they've also taken a piece of Big Mom's soul.

And it only cost a Pedro. :v:

She also has Napoleon still right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Travelling with family and found this in a brick wall art neighborhood.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Viridiant posted:

considering Oda's previous attitudes on the subject.

I'd never thought about it before, but there aren't many like, couples in this world eh? I'm having a hard time off hand coming up with a romanic couple.

It's impressive that he's written so much without relying on that hook.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sanji's sister might have kissed Luffy on panel but don't have it on me

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I fully expect that this is actually leading up to Luffy beating the Warlords through a combination of actual beating, but also subverting/taking parts of their crews by just being Luffy. We've got a set up here for at least a few of Big Mom's children to join him, and Karatkuri is such a pivotal member that a lot of the others might follow him just because he's as good a chance as any once Big Mom is down. It's possible that this is all to make the parallels with Whitebeard more visible, but where Whitebeard gained allies by defeating and then taking on crews, Luffy does it by helping them become more free, and in turn not really wanting the armada he ends up with.

Presumably this is so that when Luffy is forced into conflict with the World Government and Marines as a whole we have enough people willing to back him up to even out the numbers/make it an actual war.

So end game will be the main Strawhats vs Blackbeard's crew for the One Piece itself, and at some point before or after the Straw Hat Armada+Revolutionaries against the World Government.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I fully expect that this is actually leading up to Luffy beating the Warlords through a combination of actual beating, but also subverting/taking parts of their crews by just being Luffy. We've got a set up here for at least a few of Big Mom's children to join him, and Karatkuri is such a pivotal member that a lot of the others might follow him just because he's as good a chance as any once Big Mom is down. It's possible that this is all to make the parallels with Whitebeard more visible, but where Whitebeard gained allies by defeating and then taking on crews, Luffy does it by helping them become more free, and in turn not really wanting the armada he ends up with.

Presumably this is so that when Luffy is forced into conflict with the World Government and Marines as a whole we have enough people willing to back him up to even out the numbers/make it an actual war.

So end game will be the main Strawhats vs Blackbeard's crew for the One Piece itself, and at some point before or after the Straw Hat Armada+Revolutionaries against the World Government.

Having parts of the Warlords' crews join the Straw Hat Armada also avoids the issue of having to deal with enormous power vacuums after Luffy defeats them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Is anyone else always thinking about the moment where Luffy is going to appear utterly defeated by the final enemy and then his armada appears? It's gonna be great.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't forget that in the wake of Doflamingo's defeat, Kaido promised a war unlike anything anyone had seen. So it's possible that Luffy isn't the one who will kick things off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm willing to bet the entire crew will be back together for the final battle (that is: the main group, the armada, Law, Vivi & Carue, etc/), hell you could even bring back Yosaku and Johnny if you wanted. A large chunk of the world uniting behind Luffy against the WG would be pretty cool, I could even see Smoker and Tashigi jumping ship when push came to shove. In other words, basically Marineford only on a much larger scale.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

katakuri is a drat great brother

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Plutonis posted:

katakuri is a drat great brother

Brulee is also a good sister.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Larryb posted:

In other words, basically Marineford only on a much larger scale.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Oda did mention we'd be getting some kind of Marineford on steroids near the endgame of the series.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Pureauthor posted:

Brulee is also a good sister.

Brulee is best Charlotte family sister.

Chiffon #2, Pudding #3. Lola not so high, leaving Chiffon behind, even if she understood and encouraged it.

Katakuri #1. Oven and Daifuku disqualified despite flashback points due to Chiffon and Pudding abuse. Perospero losing big points due to throwing literally the entire kingdom under the bus to attempt to keep his candy rear end intact.

(This is a ranking of their behavior toward their siblings, singular or otherwise, not in general)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The World Inferno posted:

I'd never thought about it before, but there aren't many like, couples in this world eh? I'm having a hard time off hand coming up with a romanic couple.

It's impressive that he's written so much without relying on that hook.

Sai and Baby 5 got married so there’s that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

luffy and hancock are dating, as are zoro and perona. sanji and pudding... oda you rat, you real son of a gun...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't forget Chopper and his nurse girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
powerful volcel franky