Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The AAW event that Naito worked is up on Highspots now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sami Callahan’s new gimmick is just smashing people’s heads in I guess

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/986941290347679746

Sullivan is a crazy motherfucker who I’m sure told him to do this but uhhhhh

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/987002258423414784

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

violence and greasy foods go together like binge drinking and my first marriage.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

:stonk:

ok uh someone needs to tell Sami that deliberately injuring people is a bad loving gimmick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:stonk:

ok uh someone needs to tell Sami that deliberately injuring people is a bad loving gimmick

People love New Jack

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

exploded mummy posted:

People love New Jack

i love New Jack when he's either existing 20 years ago in ECW or nowhere near a goddamn ring

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

exploded mummy posted:

People love New Jack

Yeah, in Smoky Mountain.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oooooo, now do Cornette!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone planning to check this out tonight or this weekend?

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/987163982661345281

It is a very slick production and the product feels of 2018:
https://twitter.com/courtbauer/status/987162954217947136

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Tony Schiavone revealed in his latest podcast that the original guy who edited ECW Hardcore TV is editing MLW (Charlie Bruzzese - Heyman pointed him out ringside at the first One Night Stand)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

Anyone planning to check this out tonight or this weekend?

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/987163982661345281

I'm not ordering the highest tier cable package to watch this unfortinately.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider is saying that the Riddle vs Strickland match can't air on the tv show. Since Riddle is a WWN contracted talent. So thats why it was released for free on Youtube.

Explains why Stoke wasn't at the TV tapings.

Haven't been on top of things the last few weeks but the only MLW contracted talent is MJF. Also, I heard that MLW are a bit more strict about letting people with WWE offers out of their contracts than WWN is/has always have been.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, Court isn't on the WWE payroll like Gabe is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Well, Court isn't on the WWE payroll like Gabe is.

Probably for the best since he almost died last time he was

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Can somebody please explain PCO to me.

Last thing I know he's fighting in Brawl For All in an eyepatch, disappears for 20 years and now he's 50 and putting on MOTNs on stacked indy cards.

What the hell went on with his life?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Years back he showed up in TNA in a mask to throw around X Division wrestlers for a few months and he was incredible. And then he disappeared.

I'm partially convinced he's some kind of Canadian supernatural creature like a leprechaun who has some kind of supernatural schedule or something that I don't know about.

edit: Also Jean-Pierre Laffite walking around with a severed head of Bret Hart was like my favorite thing for a few months as a kid either right before or after my favorite thing was Bret Hart fighting Hakushi. I oddly owe a lot of my earliest wrestling memories to Bret Hart even though he wasn't the direct reason for it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 21, 2018

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

ChrisBTY posted:

Can somebody please explain PCO to me.

Last thing I know he's fighting in Brawl For All in an eyepatch, disappears for 20 years and now he's 50 and putting on MOTNs on stacked indy cards.

What the hell went on with his life?

He was working canadian feds for years while holding a shoot job (not at taco bell haha)

He recently stopped a couple years ago as he had moved to the boonies and had a change of heart and wanted to give it one last go

Hell of a nice guy to boot

Edit: some of his matches with super young Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are phenomenal for the time if you can find them somewhere

Double edit i can actually share without ultra doxxing:

Pco actually had a hand in organizing my bachelor party haha

stab fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 21, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

stab posted:

Edit: some of his matches with super young Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are phenomenal for the time if you can find them somewhere

PCO actually sent a copy of that match to TNA and that's why they signed him

They stopped using him because flying him in from Canada was hella expensive

History forgets that he sold out the Montreal Forum against Jacque Rougeau in Jacque's first retirement match in 1994:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDadUkiFfB4

Both guys had been off WWE TV for months so it's really loving weird to see - I hope WWE puts out a proshot version of the match at some point

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PCO convinces me Canada has a real life Weapon X program. Dude goes off into the woods and turns into this jacked unkillable golem? That's some scifi poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wanna say that Ring Kampf vs Bateman and Brody King tonight at ASW was loving awesome. And the only time I have ever seen Thatcher smile is when Walter is caving someone's chest in with chops.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

PCO convinces me Canada has a real life Weapon X program. Dude goes off into the woods and turns into this jacked unkillable golem? That's some scifi poo poo.

Quebec is one of those provinces where if someone actively chooses to move into the rural part, I immediately assume they're a tough person who can fend for themselves regardless of the circumstances.

While we're on the topic of PCO, is that Franky the Mobster in the training videos yelling at him to go hard? Oh, Kevin Steen's told some stories about that guy...

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

The_Rob posted:

I just wanna say that Ring Kampf vs Bateman and Brody King tonight at ASW was loving awesome. And the only time I have ever seen Thatcher smile is when Walter is caving someone's chest in with chops.

I thought this was the most entertaining PWG show I've been to. I didn't see the best PWG match I've seen, but for consistency and hilarity I can't come up with a better one. Think Hangman vs Keith Lee was one of the funniest matches I've seen too - they weren't going for comedy but Hangman forgot to spray tan his back and looked totally ridiculous and being a Reseda crowd, that became the story of the match.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Quebec is one of those provinces where if someone actively chooses to move into the rural part, I immediately assume they're a tough person who can fend for themselves regardless of the circumstances.

While we're on the topic of PCO, is that Franky the Mobster in the training videos yelling at him to go hard? Oh, Kevin Steen's told some stories about that guy...

Frankies a legend. A real riot to be around.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Frankies a legend. A real riot to be around.

My favorite story, I'm remembering this from pure memory so I might get some details wrong, is the one Kevin told where he invited some hecklers into the ring, one of them took him seriously, got kicked in the face (breaking his nose and glasses) by Kevin because he thought they were gonna try and get physical. Then later on, the guy's friends are waiting for Kevin in the parking lot, and they tell a wrestler to go in ask for Kevin so they can "talk". Guy goes in and tells Franky. Franky comes out instead of Kevin, and says "I heard you guys wanted to talk to me?" and they go "No, we want Steen". Franky goes to them "No, trust me: you wanna talk to me". At this point they get the hint that if they keep pressing, something bad's gonna happen. Now, for those of you not familiar with Franky, he's a HUGE human being, and a 2-3 pencil neck geek marks aren't gonna do poo poo to him, most likely. Like he's barely less ripped than Scott Steiner was in his prime. He's also legendarily tough and known for being a guy you better be damned sure you can take down if you're gonna gently caress with him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sigmachiev posted:

I thought this was the most entertaining PWG show I've been to. I didn't see the best PWG match I've seen, but for consistency and hilarity I can't come up with a better one. Think Hangman vs Keith Lee was one of the funniest matches I've seen too - they weren't going for comedy but Hangman forgot to spray tan his back and looked totally ridiculous and being a Reseda crowd, that became the story of the match.

Kieth Lee was cracking me up because he just couldn't stop laughing. When The Bask in the sun chant started. Oh man it was so good.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro's Old Dominion Rumble was last night, their first event of its type.

Undercard matches were good. I'd recommend Angelus Layne vs Laynie Luck, Jonathan Gresham vs Sage Phillips, and Jordynne Grace vs Shazza McKenzie when the show goes up on SMV or PB.tv. Sage is a local guy that is Cheeseburger-size and kind of an underdog character and since Gresham is basically the same size and is one of the best in the world, he got Sage working far above his usual level.

Rumble was a Rumble. 75 seconds per entrant and it started at like 10:30 (show started at 8) which meant I wasn't out the door until almost 11:30, which is pretty unacceptable to me. They seem to be booking shows closer together this summer, maybe that will mean they scale back the cards a bit.

Arik Royal won and got the right to call his shot at Commonwealth Cup in June, he chose to face Logan Easton Laroux in the first round, a rematch of NOVA Pro's best match of 2017. Final four was Royal, Gunner Miller, Allie Kat, and Angelus Layne.

Newsworthy events from the show:
-Logan interjected himself into Gresham's rematch with Hot Sauce and I guess kind of indicated that he had paid off Stoke for the opportunity
-Angelus Layne seems to be aligned with Harlow O'Hara now as she ran in to allow Harlow to beat Faye Jackson
-The mime character entered the Rumble while Logan was in there (he was under the mime mask last time) and tossed Logan out, not sure if that will also be a story that gets paid off
-Graham Bell did not find his bazooka
-Cain Justice still has a grudge against John Kermon
-Laynie Luck blew out her knee in the Rumble and had to quit the match

Next show is May 11 live on PowerBomb.tv. Main event is Tracy Williams vs Jonathan Gresham vs Logan Easton Laroux for the PB.tv Independent Championship.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sigmachiev posted:

Think Hangman vs Keith Lee was one of the funniest matches I've seen too - they weren't going for comedy but Hangman forgot to spray tan his back and looked totally ridiculous and being a Reseda crowd, that became the story of the match.

The_Rob posted:

Kieth Lee was cracking me up because he just couldn't stop laughing. When The Bask in the sun chant started. Oh man it was so good.

Sounds pretty awesome, can't wait till he criticises the Bucks for not having his back (tan spray) on the next Being The E- ... oh, right.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Germansimp posted:

Sounds pretty awesome, can't wait till he criticises the Bucks for not having his back (tan spray) on the next Being The E- ... oh, right.

If it was intentional then tip of the hat to Hangman for having a way better mind for a comedy match than I thought he had.

A few more thoughts: Ishimori vs Bandido was awesome and I think Bandido in particular is going to be big on US indies; not sure if this is a regular thing for him but Walter used a burning lariat that pretty much everyone bought as a finish, and he should use that as a finish because that's my favorite move; main event was killer. Just get this show when it comes out, it was definitely upper tier PWG.

Oh and apparently the closing for the sale of the building hasn't gone through yet and they announced they might come back. I know way too much about the ebb and flow of dealwork (I'm an M&A lawyer) to get my hopes up too much but thought it was interesting they made a public announcement about it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

My favorite story, I'm remembering this from pure memory so I might get some details wrong, is the one Kevin told where he invited some hecklers into the ring, one of them took him seriously, got kicked in the face (breaking his nose and glasses) by Kevin because he thought they were gonna try and get physical. Then later on, the guy's friends are waiting for Kevin in the parking lot, and they tell a wrestler to go in ask for Kevin so they can "talk". Guy goes in and tells Franky. Franky comes out instead of Kevin, and says "I heard you guys wanted to talk to me?" and they go "No, we want Steen". Franky goes to them "No, trust me: you wanna talk to me". At this point they get the hint that if they keep pressing, something bad's gonna happen. Now, for those of you not familiar with Franky, he's a HUGE human being, and a 2-3 pencil neck geek marks aren't gonna do poo poo to him, most likely. Like he's barely less ripped than Scott Steiner was in his prime. He's also legendarily tough and known for being a guy you better be damned sure you can take down if you're gonna gently caress with him.

Ya mean this one? If this is the one i was there laughing with kevin as franky went out haha

Edit: the fan didnt get his nose broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfcyQVclQUw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just recorded an episode of SMASH Wrestling when looking for MLW on my cable and apparently Franky now goes by "The Beast King FTM" and comes to the ring with a snake on his head crawling in and out of his mouth and projectile vomits blood.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I just recorded an episode of SMASH Wrestling when looking for MLW on my cable and apparently Franky now goes by "The Beast King FTM" and comes to the ring with a snake on his head crawling in and out of his mouth and projectile vomits blood.

Yeah hes obviously calming down in his older age

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to new PWG champ WALTER

Also obviously everyone should view that match when it's finally available in 3 years

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Jeez, PWG is hotshotting that belt.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats to new PWG champ WALTER

Also obviously everyone should view that match when it's finally available in 3 years

Well, congrats to Keith Lee for now having the shortest PWG world title reign (aside from Danielson's 1-day "Here's a goodbye present before you go to WWE" reign).

As a side, will PWG ever find another band to do the song for their previews or will be forever be stuck with the same song with 3 different lyrics?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's a former PWG allumni's band they don't have to pay the rights to so :v:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Not sure where to post this, but I didn't realize how close the spring break 2 thing was to the wrestler trailer. Its pretty funny.

http://youtubedoubler.com/nJXU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Not sure where to post this, but I didn't realize how close the spring break 2 thing was to the wrestler trailer. Its pretty funny.

http://youtubedoubler.com/nJXU
This is incredible.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

TUS posted:

Jeez, PWG is hotshotting that belt.

Isn't wwe trying to sign Walter, too? Congrats to the next PWG champion, uhhh Chuck Taylor again who will never get signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Troxartas posted:

Isn't wwe trying to sign Walter, too? Congrats to the next PWG champion, uhhh Chuck Taylor again who will never get signed

The most honest deleted tweet ever

@SexyChuckieT
Hey @WWEDanielBryan I'm in Ring Of Honor and New Japan now and I'm PWG champion too, the indies have really gone to poo poo brother you gotta come save 'em.
9:48 AM - 21 Mar 2018