Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

VanSandman posted:

Maya used to rule Incubus’ 7th of existence, right?

Probably but not confirmed IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Its pretty well confirmed

That pile of empty wine goblets didn't just drink themselves

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Shugojin posted:

Probably but not confirmed IIRC

I had thought that the current system of 7 demiurges ruling 1/7 of existence only started after these 7 kicked the asses of the million other demiurges who tried to take over after Zoss quit.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Eschatos posted:

I had thought that the current system of 7 demiurges ruling 1/7 of existence only started after these 7 kicked the asses of the million other demiurges who tried to take over after Zoss quit.

Then... how hosed is TIME on the wheel? Because we saw Zoss fuckin’ die not too long ago (the start of the comic).

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

VanSandman posted:

Then... how hosed is TIME on the wheel? Because we saw Zoss fuckin’ die not too long ago (the start of the comic).

It is possible to quit your job while alive.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

VanSandman posted:

Maya used to rule Incubus’ 7th of existence, right?

Well, we don't know any other fat, washed up drunks of note.

What's more impressive: to plunge the Wheel into war and lead your army to the top of the heap of corpses, or to walk away afterwards?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Eschatos posted:

It was my understanding that they didn't kick the assess of all the other demiurges, and in fact that they were some of the weaker ones in the very beginning, but they got some of them through guile, cunning, and regular ol' corpse looting as well. So they aren't necessarily the most powerful, just the ones who survived until the end.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Who What Now posted:

It was my understanding that they didn't kick the assess of all the other demiurges, and in fact that they were some of the weaker ones in the very beginning, but they got some of them through guile, cunning, and regular ol' corpse looting as well. So they aren't necessarily the most powerful, just the ones who survived until the end.

Hell, we know that Mammon actually bought his key. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out who he got it from before the end of this arc.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think that Hrotomos is a little bummed that Mottom stole his move and kool-aided the wall with a whole city

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Begemot posted:

Hell, we know that Mammon actually bought his key. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out who he got it from before the end of this arc.

Right, which means there was a Demiurge that just said "gently caress it, I'm done" and retired to his own pleasure planet he bought with his shitzillion mammon-bucks. I'm guessing Maya was something similar, I like to imagine she just upped and left one day without telling anyone and Incubus just happened to be the one to find the key.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one of those guys appears to be a literal ninja turtle.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr Cheeto posted:

Layla Brimstone rides her rifle like a goddamn broom, I'm screaming

I swear we'd seen this before.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

So, when the pursuers asked who Maya was after Jug Star rolled off, did she tell them? Are they now her army of idiots?

Whether she told them or not, she more or less got the idea across and usurped Eris-Lo Kai as the grand marshal of the Parade.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I swear we'd seen this before.

I think we saw it before during the fight at Mottom's pad, but she was riding side-saddle then or something. Now she's full-on wicked witch mode and it's great.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Begemot posted:

And Mottom got hers through shanking her husband in his sleep. It's doubtful any save Jagganoth really fought their way to the top of the heap.

I get the feeling whoever Mammon bought his from didn't last long afterwards

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Who What Now posted:

Right, which means there was a Demiurge that just said "gently caress it, I'm done" and retired to his own pleasure planet he bought with his shitzillion mammon-bucks.
...and was ritually dismembered by their family the first day of retirement. It seems like the only reason most of The Seven are still around is because they're either afraid of or incapable of dying.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i appreciate that while the rest of the 108 pose like a team (because this poo poo just got real) auntie maya looks a little bored, because poo poo has been realer for her than these clowns can imagine.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

And Mottom got hers through shanking her husband in his sleep. It's doubtful any save Jagganoth really fought their way to the top of the heap.

I'm pretty sure Maya absolutely fought her way up to the top of the heap, and disliked it.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

PetraCore posted:

I'm pretty sure Maya absolutely fought her way up to the top of the heap, and disliked it.

I think they were only counting the current demiurges, not past-but-still-living ones.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Count Uvula posted:

I think they were only counting the current demiurges, not past-but-still-living ones.
Oh! Fair enough.

As for Maya, I'm pretty sure Abaddon has said at some point that there used to be several floating city/moons around Throne and that Auntie Maya grew up on one of them. Notably, they no longer exist after the war and some of them might actually have been used as gigantic ballistic weapons? So.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its gotta be a little weird to have had your childhood home used as a one-off artillery weapon

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Whether she told them or not, she more or less got the idea across and usurped Eris-Lo Kai as the grand marshal of the Parade.

I like to think that that's how Maya became the leader of the Middle army originally. There's always a parade of fools chasing after something.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wonder why they call it the middle army

maybe they kept getting caught between hammer and anvil and being hard enough to break both

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Oskar's choice of earring is perfectly in character :allears:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tollymain posted:

its gotta be a little weird to have had your childhood home used as a one-off artillery weapon
There's nothing more powerful than love and more dangerous than nostalgia.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tollymain posted:

wonder why they call it the middle army

maybe they kept getting caught between hammer and anvil and being hard enough to break both

Well, given symbol is the mandarin character for 'middle'...

China called itself 'zhong guo', or as many english speakers knew it, the 'Middle Kingdom'.

More accurately translated, it would be the 'Central Kingdom'. Because at that point in time China viewed itself as being the absolute centre of the world and everyone else as interesting sideshows at best.

Not sure if Abbadon was deliberately aiming for that with the Middle Army thing, but just a bit of trivia.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that makes much more sense than what i said

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Jadis was the most powerful magic user before she went and preserved herself in acrylic after looking at the shape of the universe. But she also had a cult of personality around her that became the weirdo priesthood that carries her around everywhere and manages her affairs in her indisposition, so it was probably part charisma, and part the leveraging of her mystical power that brought her to being a demiurge.

With Solomon David, it was probably a similar combination of charisma and might, but instead of magic, of more conventional (if still outrageously anime) martial skill.

Gog-Agog must have been mostly through charisma and subterfuge, given that she is essentially in control of Throne's Hollywood. You probably don't punch your way to the top of that, though we can't rule this out. We've been told she's one of the hardest creatures to kill in the K6BD universe, but it's not clear that she directly can apply much force, mystical or martial. But we also haven't really seen her put up her dukes, so who knows?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if id call gog-agog charismatic

ive been figuring its a "let's just... let the unkillable world-shattering demigod be the top star because they might become (more) unhappy otherwise"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Abbadon's Tumblr has the following to say on the abilities of the demiurges; the last part, on Gog-Agog, is particularly relevant here:

quote:

You already did a relative power ranking on each of the Seven. I was wondering where they fell on the Melee-Magic-(Tech?) side of fighting. Mottom is shown using a lot of magic (since she is older than dirt.) and you've sort of hinted at Jag leaning more towards beating you to death. Where do the others fit, both now and during the Universal War?

quote:

They’re all badass martial arts sorcerer kings. I think Mottom in her youth could probably bust out some serious kung fu. I may still have her do that, it’s just not in her character at the moment.

Solomon is the best at fighting, outside of Jagganoth. Jadis was a very powerful wizard king, Incubus is a sword master, and Mammon was not a natural fighter but it didn’t matter due to his prodigious size.

The real odd one out is Gog-Agog, who gets by on her peculiar physiology. Even Jagganoth would have a hard time with her. She would be the strongest demiurge if not for her flights of fancy.

Gog-Agog is not a pushover. What she is is unclear exactly, but, yeah. "Would be the strongest", without a "besides Jagganoth" qualifier and even saying that he'd have a hard time with her, says a lot. She's also the oldest of the group, by far.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 22, 2018

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
If you're a pile of worms, your best bet against against a bunch of muscle wizards would be to cram some worms up their nose to chew up their insides.

But also, she has a bad rear end scythe.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope gog-agog has developed a unique martial art made to exploit their body of worms, and the scythe is an integral part

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

idk if id call gog-agog charismatic

ive been figuring its a "let's just... let the unkillable world-shattering demigod be the top star because they might become (more) unhappy otherwise"

I'm thinking she's rupert murdoch.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Demiurge4 posted:

Oskar's choice of earring is perfectly in character :allears:

So true, but everything about Oskar's design is perfect :D

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Begemot posted:

I'm pretty sure the monk with power fists right behind Hrotomos is also new.

Nah, he's been with the burning stars since minute one. Check out the right hand side of this spread, just above the inset of Maya.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god, i love that hell 71 was such a fuckin wretched hive of villainy that the moment the patrons learn a key is in the building they end up in a massive kung fu standoff and then they murder the everloving poo poo out of each other

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Have we had any explanation why devils seem to have little part in this? Yab seems to be the only one with any real interest in ambition towards having a key, and the pursuers seem to be entirely warm/cool flames.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
An ebon devil got publicly owned on their home turf, plus my theory is devils are total fuckers and thrive on the chaos... Like, Oscar is probably a good example, Devils don't go direct for power they're happy to walk over the pulverized and bloody red carpet of morons who do, picking the choicest bits from the wreckage. A devil wouldn't be Hitler but they'd for sure steal all the nazi-gold at the end of his reign for example. As a race they seem to hate tall poppies like Yabs

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 22, 2018

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I see what looks to be a red devil just below Hrotomos.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

hey girl you up posted:

Have we had any explanation why devils seem to have little part in this? Yab seems to be the only one with any real interest in ambition towards having a key, and the pursuers seem to be entirely warm/cool flames.
Most devils aren't suicidal, is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Devils long to test and refine their self-identity.

Most of the demiurges seems to have lost theirs beneath the power of their keys.