Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m not the only one using my left thumb stick to pilot my ship down to the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Must be some funky networking poo poo happening cuz those ships are getting slower and slower

Time is slower in space dude

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I've been running VigWang and Last Hope since the sandbox update and it's a great combination. I usually end up on the wrong side of an Antiope but other than that, feels great.

I don't "get" SMGs in FPS games.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

I've been running VigWang and Last Hope since the sandbox update and it's a great combination. I usually end up on the wrong side of an Antiope but other than that, feels great.

I don't "get" SMGs in FPS games.

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/987590387941470208?s=19

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wait Bone Krew got ps4s?

you sound cool

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heehee I didn't catch that stealth drag at first

Understated, not readily noticed, but inarguably high quality

The Luxor of burns

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

actionjackson posted:

Time is slower in space dude

actually the opposite is true :goonsay:

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I'm just getting back into D2 after a hiatus, doing pretty well mopping up with Sweet Business and Actium Rig in the crucible, armor maxed for resilience. Never have to reload and feel like a tank.

I used to play around with dual SMGs + Peacemakers and armor with maxed mobility. Not super practical since you really have to close distance fast but so much fun. Run and gun bullet hose. I usually went Adjucator and Mida Mini. Still haven't found an Antiope-D.

Are there any other interesting specialized loadouts like these?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Skeletron posted:

There's probably some weird gimmicky combo you can do on Hunters with lucky pants and a couple hand cannons

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

neat.

SlimGoodbody posted:

There's probably some weird gimmicky combo you can do on Hunters with lucky pants and two Opening Shot hand cannons

This is definitely a gimmick build you can use, but is hard on the fingers. Mechaneer's Tricksleeves are insanely good considering how excellent Last Hope is at the moment.

Most of your old meta favorites haven't suffered a bit, so you can still use things like Uriel's, Better Devils, etc. I have done a raindance for your Antiope-D chances.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's going to be an extra Season 2 IB after next week's Mayhem, according to one of the designers

https://twitter.com/level_1_warrior/status/987576637356036096?s=21

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

There's going to be an extra Season 2 IB after next week's Mayhem, according to one of the designers

https://twitter.com/level_1_warrior/status/987576637356036096?s=21

Sweeeeeeeet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skeletron posted:

I'm just getting back into D2 after a hiatus, doing pretty well mopping up with Sweet Business and Actium Rig in the crucible, armor maxed for resilience. Never have to reload and feel like a tank.

I used to play around with dual SMGs + Peacemakers and armor with maxed mobility. Not super practical since you really have to close distance fast but so much fun. Run and gun bullet hose. I usually went Adjucator and Mida Mini. Still haven't found an Antiope-D.

There are stupid load outs like running a linear fusion, hand cannon and 720 fire rate auto.

Interesting. Nah

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
p cool they're doing another iron banner in season 2. i only participated in this one, so i'm happy i don't need to stress about finishing this poo poo this weekend.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

p cool they're doing another iron banner in season 2. i only participated in this one, so i'm happy i don't need to stress about finishing this poo poo this weekend.

I played over 30 games pretty easily in this one alone and got the full armor set and just about every weapon. They're all pretty underwhelming. Time worn spire is pretty nice though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Skeletron posted:

I'm trying a Sentinel loadout that's pretty fun. Doom Fang Pauldron (charged melee kills give you a pretty significant chunk of Super), Mida Multi Tool and Mini Tool (boosts movement speed so you can close in for those melee kills). Stack up the Void Melee mods and it works pretty well.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Been messing around Last Hope + Skullfort and the bottom tree of striker. You lose shoulder charge and dual grenades but your survivability in punching situations is loving great.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

I played over 30 games pretty easily in this one alone and got the full armor set and just about every weapon. They're all pretty underwhelming. Time worn spire is pretty nice though.

i'm going for the ornaments, i don't really care about much of the weapons or armor in a vacuum. i'm just a completionist.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

If you aren't using Orewing's Maul as your heavy you are a bitch

Concussive grenades own

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nah. Sniper rifle all the way.

Everything from the destiny summit seems solid. They all seem super excited about the September release and what they can say about the weapon slot changes has all been positive.

Mtashed did say new game mode that's completely new and way better than they all thought it could be.

He also reckons he told the devs to their face that 90% of their loot is bad and he gives 0 poo poo about it which I think we can all agree with.

Just a casual 12 months to get the game we should have had at launch.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Nah. Sniper rifle all the way.

Everything from the destiny summit seems solid. They all seem super excited about the September release and what they can say about the weapon slot changes has all been positive.

Mtashed did say new game mode that's completely new and way better than they all thought it could be.

He also reckons he told the devs to their face that 90% of their loot is bad and he gives 0 poo poo about it which I think we can all agree with.

Just a casual 12 months to get the game we should have had at launch.

Just watched Mtashed's video per your endorsement and it has me hype, for sure. I'm glad everyone who attended seems to have had the dual influence of what they hear from players in the community and their own ideas, that they all so strongly advocate for everyone who wasn't there. And the feedback regarding Bungie's attitude and willingness to eat dick and change their mind on stuff is also A+.

September is gonna be tits and all but I'm ready for the Warmind reveal stream. Better than CoO + the game in general being in a better place with 1.1.4, not to mention 1.2.0 changes coming alongside Warmind, things should be tasty.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

From the sound of what the Bungie Summit attendees have to say, it sounds like we're getting Venus & More back in September.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I want a Sleeper Simulant that just keeps bouncing until it hits somebody. The Prometheus disco bug was so fun.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So, quick question, how much money are we expecting we'll have had to sink into D2 before it even remotely resembled the decent game it should have been at launch?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I want that heavy machine gun from the raid that continuously reloads on crits back. That could take a walker down without releasing the trigger. God that was amazing.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SlimGoodbody posted:

So, quick question, how much money are we expecting we'll have had to sink into D2 before it even remotely resembled the decent game it should have been at launch?

feature updates are free so $0 if you only care about how the game functions and not what you're actually doing in it (like raids and other "endgame" activities)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

feature updates are free so $0 if you only care about how the game functions and not what you're actually doing in it (like raids and other "endgame" activities)

Including decent, interesting loot and interesting class options? Or just like sandbox stuff?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Tbh I spent $20 on the CoO update two weeks ago despite that price seeming kind of steep, but I’ve already gotten $20 out of how fun IB and the changes to everything have been. Some of the new guns and exotics are really fun too. The narration and dialogue in the campaign is awful but gently caress it. The stuff you say at that summit sounds awesome and I’ll look forward to it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

By this point they should know that boring exotics = bad, so I hope the new ones are hilariously broken.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Including decent, interesting loot and interesting class options? Or just like sandbox stuff?

banner and faction rally loot, any kind of changes to the existing classes and structure, yeah.

if they add new classes entirely i imagine those will be locked behind DLC

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Unless you want to play the new content.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I want Outbreak Prime back, or at the very least a gun that makes the same noises

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If the exotic pulse ends up being as good as advertised it'll be pretty much the same.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The Big Word posted:

I want Outbreak Prime back, or at the very least a gun that makes the same noises

Yes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I got repeatedly owned and clam slammed by a femme-presenting Warlock for like 2 matches straight and now I can’t stop bagging reflexively every time I get a kill

Not even like on their bodies, I just start crouch-dancing immediately after a crispy headshot

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Deej quoted as saying the "majority" of Bungie is working on fixing D2

https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissArtsyMooseKappaClaus

Roman fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 22, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I hope those triangles and squares all have a good huddle tbh, and do a good fix

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Waffle House posted:

I got repeatedly owned and clam slammed by a femme-presenting Warlock for like 2 matches straight and now I can’t stop bagging reflexively every time I get a kill

Not even like on their bodies, I just start crouch-dancing immediately after a crispy headshot

Sir this is a Walgreens are you picking up or dropping off

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

I got repeatedly owned and clam slammed by a femme-presenting Warlock

never realized you were a sub

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Roman posted:

Deej quoted as saying the "majority" of Bungie was rerouted to fixing D2

https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissArtsyMooseKappaClaus

The link is broken but that's really great news if true. They shouldn't even be thinking about making Destiny 3 until the next console generation.