Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Bolow posted:

Months Behind

And since I was the sub in your group, I deserve all the credit.

As it turns out, you can clear O7S in (non-overmelded!) i350 gear. You just need a BRD who goes nuts and does like 1000 more damage than anyone else.

Meanwhile on Balmung, my main's group is still tied up on Virus/not-Allagan Rot. At least I found a nice Elezen to hang out and take pictures with. no erp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

As it turns out, you can clear O7S in (non-overmelded!) i350 gear. You just need a BRD who goes nuts and does like 1000 more damage than anyone else.

Meanwhile on Balmung, my main's group is still tied up on Virus/not-Allagan Rot. At least I found a nice Elezen to hang out and take pictures with. no erp

So, congrats on all your 370 caster gear that dropped since I wasn't there. Maybe some day O6S will stop dropping just the gloves. We're at like week 3 or 4 in a row of those drat things.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

But that's the ERP cliff outside Idyllshire!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Best way to heal as a WHM is medica 2, regen on tank, then run into the mob and stun lock the mobs with holy while every one slams up to full health.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I killed O7S for the first time this week too! No pictures though. Once you can get past Virus the second half of the fight is a lot easier.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Best way to heal as a WHM is medica 2, regen on tank, then run into the mob and stun lock the mobs with holy while every one slams up to full health.

This is what I call “Elegy for a Bad Tank.”

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Taking screenshots and noticed at least one of the neighbors has great taste.

Also in the last few days I've really come to be annoyed that you can't tie hairstyles to glam plates.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Knocked out the SB WHM storyline, and I enjoyed it pretty well. I'm not sure it was necessary to do "Gridanians are dicks but the WoL helps persuade them to not be as dickish" yet again - it was the theme of the ARR and HW white mage stories, too, much like "let's cure the tonberries!" has been the recurring theme of the scholar stories. In this case, I think it worked because the characters were pretty strong and had good interplay.

CNJ/WHM has had some of the strongest class stories in the game, in my opinion.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cythereal posted:

:thunk:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cythereal posted:

I also enjoy being a tool of an apartheid state and hanging out with kidnapped and brainwashed children.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

What's to be confused over? The 1-30 and 60-70 storylines are a couple of the better ones in the game.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah, you could instead go sign up with one of the other, non-apartheid states like

uh

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah, you could instead go sign up with one of the other, non-apartheid states like

uh

Garlemald :v:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
De jure Sharlayan and we know how they are from AST quests. De facto it's run by goblins doing whatever goblins do. Idyllshire as it read just before posting :argh:

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 21, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

What's to be confused over? The 1-30 and 60-70 storylines are a couple of the better ones in the game.

It's not fair to compare it to the amazing PLD storylines that's for sure :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

uh

As always AST and DRK are the only moral choices. DRKs bring the justice AST are nerds that wanna look at the stars, teach people, heal people, and gently caress a lot.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

As always AST and DRK are the only moral choices. DRKs bring the justice AST are nerds that wanna look at the stars, teach people, heal people, and gently caress a lot.

Summoners and scholars are fine, too, just mind the lalafell marauder who wants to gently caress a tonberry.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cythereal posted:

scholars are fine

Digging into the past to chase a pre-lapsarian ideal is regressive and counter revolutionary. Also their class is based of Nymian military exercises and commands.

Sentence: Guillotine.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 21, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Brainamp posted:

My main classes are AST and DRK, so the competition is tough.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Also months behind!

But hey faster than we've ever cleared a raid before. My static runs blind, we don't look at guides until we hit enrage, and we only raid 2 or 3 nights a week, so I'm pumped we got it well before 4.3.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol the guy who was having a cow over the 4.2 msq storyline is like "cnj/whm was pretty good!"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cythereal posted:

just mind the lalafell marauder who wants to gently caress a tonberry.

You say that, but he'll have the last laugh when we finally cure the plague at level 100.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Summoners and scholars are fine, too, just mind the lalafell marauder who wants to gently caress a tonberry.

I mean, they’re even more potato than lalas so :shrug:

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
holy poo poo the writers remembered Alisaie is a character

also, to whoever it was that said Ysayle died for nothing, she pulled a Ben Kenobi and died to become a force ghost in a pivotal moment to save the day

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pupuru posted:

holy poo poo the writers remembered Alisaie is a character

also, to whoever it was that said Ysayle died for nothing, she pulled a Ben Kenobi and died to become a force ghost in a pivotal moment to save the day

You need to do the lvl 70 DRK quest

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

hobbesmaster posted:

You need to do the lvl 70 DRK quest

that would require playing DRK

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pupuru posted:

DRK is worth it for the quests alone

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DRK is fine to level because you have an aoe threat and damage ability for every dungeon in the game.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

pupuru posted:

DRKs job quests are probably the best ones in the game. So go do that.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

hobbesmaster posted:

DRK is fine to level because you have an aoe threat and damage ability for every dungeon in the game.

"Damage". 50 potency somehow feels worse than PLD's zero potency aggro move.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rainuwastaken posted:

It’s funny seeing your DPS in early dungeons, but it sure falls off quick yeah.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

This is short and :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bIMx99OUyc

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That looks significantly better than what I thought FFXIV was capable of.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Those are the lalas all the FATE descriptions are referring to.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cythereal posted:

if it's all consensual don't kinkshame :wink:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

DRK is undertuned but it's fine to play.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

I guess you had to play SMN or healers before 4.x.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

This is a good click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rainuwastaken posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone say that Flash feels better to use than Unleash before.