Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Antivehicular posted:

I appreciate how like 50% of goon sex-disaster stories these days come out of Auspol

If they stopped stuffing things up their pee hole I bet it would significantly cut down on ER staff workload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Panfilo posted:

If they stopped stuffing things up their pee hole I bet it would significantly cut down on ER staff workload.

you gotta take advantage of that free healthcare somehow

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
as a collective voting populace we are toys for rear end bum; the economy is our hungry hungry hole, and we keep thrusting variously shaped politicians into it hoping for satisfaction but it never quite works out

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

EmmyOk posted:

A quality E/N train colission is always really great and the first one I remember making my way through was about a dad who hated his son for the crimes of looking like his mother and being depressed. The dad burns their clothes but he's nice because he also hugs them "ironically". Also his golden child has done no wrong except the time he beat his loser soon with a broom, other than that though great guy!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560

I will always fondly remember this thread because I got emptyquoted for about two pages halfway in :allears:

He tried to post some pity party follow up a year (?) or more later and immediately got shut down by people posting variants of “aren’t you the rear end in a top hat who hates his kid?”

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p
My favorite goon saga was the one where some goon posted a thread linking to an online Burger King sandwich generator. Basically it was supposed to be used to see how many different combinations of ingredients you could "have it your way" with. But they didn't really count on goons using it to create things like a sandwich that was 10 slices of onions and a single pickle, or my personal favorite, a single smear of mustard.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Bitey Bunny posted:

My favorite goon saga was the one where some goon posted a thread linking to an online Burger King sandwich generator. Basically it was supposed to be used to see how many different combinations of ingredients you could "have it your way" with. But they didn't really count on goons using it to create things like a sandwich that was 10 slices of onions and a single pickle, or my personal favorite, a single smear of mustard.

That one made it to the goldmine but unfortunately it was in the waffleimages era

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3262368

I seem to remember one that was like "THE JUST CARBS" that was just 10 buns.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

VictorianQueerLit posted:

That one made it to the goldmine but unfortunately it was in the waffleimages era

I remembered the keto goons having nightmares about bread lol

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

"Voilà, enjoy your mustard stain. :bravo:" will live forever in my heart.

Another great food-related one was when goons hatched a plan to have a pizza delivered to Joe Biden's house, just as they were about to announce him as Obama's running mate. I was at work that day and never F5'ed harder in my life, while trying to explain to my co-workers why I needed to pull the tv out from the conference room so we could watch the news. (All the avid cyclists I worked with got to pull the tv out for the Tour de France every year; that pizza delivery was my equivalent of excitement, dammit)

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I will always fondly remember this thread because I got emptyquoted for about two pages halfway in :allears:

He tried to post some pity party follow up a year (?) or more later and immediately got shut down by people posting variants of “aren’t you the rear end in a top hat who hates his kid?”

Uh, all the people in the first few pages of that thread being really dismissive of the people saying 'stop hitting your kids' is really concerning.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

"Voilà, enjoy your mustard stain. :bravo:" will live forever in my heart.

Another great food-related one was when goons hatched a plan to have a pizza delivered to Joe Biden's house, just as they were about to announce him as Obama's running mate. I was at work that day and never F5'ed harder in my life, while trying to explain to my co-workers why I needed to pull the tv out from the conference room so we could watch the news. (All the avid cyclists I worked with got to pull the tv out for the Tour de France every year; that pizza delivery was my equivalent of excitement, dammit)

what toppings?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Stexils posted:

what toppings?

Honestly I couldn't tell ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslznyWG3UE

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bitey Bunny posted:

Don't forget that this famously culminated in the Noah's Ark Burger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQqdf2hlek

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

the archive.org copy has pics, but only the first 9 pages of the thread

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Haha, that one has further parts to the saga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJAGItlesQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBDfuNU64Gw

Hauki
May 11, 2010

shelley posted:

the archive.org copy has pics, but only the first 9 pages of the thread

More of the pics are broken for me there than they are here :shrug:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I mentioned this one earlier in the thread but couldn't find it. Probably one of my favorite threads of all time
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2820525

Goon talks about his complicated method of boiling his semen and urine down into a concentrated pheromone and you are pretty sure he is serious

Then goons start mocking him, but in a way where you can tell they really want to try it

quote:

When I first clicked this thread, it seemed like a :master: of fakeposting, like the guy who tasted his own piss to check the "salt content" for some sort of disease (somebody refresh my memory on this one). 10 pages later I find out people are actually doing this?!

You're all loving idiots.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Goon talks about his complicated method of boiling his semen and urine down into a concentrated pheromone and you are pretty sure he is serious

I remember this happening with a goon who claimed he was going to save a bundle by eating cat food. One mod challenge later and everyone was posting videos of themselves eating or drinking various recipes of foods meant for just about anything that could be domesticated...and frequently failing miserably to keep it down.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I remember this happening with a goon who claimed he was going to save a bundle by eating cat food. One mod challenge later and everyone was posting videos of themselves eating or drinking various recipes of foods meant for just about anything that could be domesticated...and frequently failing miserably to keep it down.

BaconBits

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473660

The video has been deleted but Everdraed used clips of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIA7ivqId8

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Acebuckeye13 posted:

aaaa haha gently caress thank you i have missed that

general info for those who wish to skip the video: a burger place had a website where you could design your own burger, whence the aptly-named Noah's Ark:

2 fish
2 chicken
2 beef
2 pork
2 salad?

Noah's Ark.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also The Skidmark or The Streak, something like that?

no bun, no patty, no salad, just a squirt of mustard

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Who is Clemens? They seem to be one of those permabanned people that feel compelled to constantly rereg, but I can't seem to find anything on them. What did they do?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Krankenstyle posted:

also The Skidmark or The Streak, something like that?

no bun, no patty, no salad, just a squirt of mustard

I posted it a little up thread:

"Voila, enjoy your mustard stain :bravo:"

Would love if someone has/can post the pic, I'm using a busted rear end iPad that runs on coal

Also "cum lips" which I believe was two buns with just mayo inside. That pic really made it.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Apr 21, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Who is Clemens? They seem to be one of those permabanned people that feel compelled to constantly rereg, but I can't seem to find anything on them. What did they do?

I was curious about this so I found their original perma in the leper's colony

quote:

Are you only capable of communicating in the form of questions? Have you ever actually had an original thought? Have any of the hundreds of lovely low content posts you've made in GBS ever actually contributed anything to the discussion? All these questions will be lost in time... like tears in rain... time to die. ...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3382972&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post387115428

Based on his posting history he was a right leaning contrarian that liked to stir up poo poo which didn't fly during the years of Ozma/Fistgrrl's reign.

When I asked him a few months ago why he has paid easily $200+ specifically to troll the Star Citizen thread with an endless parade of fake character accounts he said he still wanted to post here "Despite being banned for being a republican" but his post history kinda makes it not seem that innocent.

Someone said

quote:

Granted, that cone of honkies isn't 'all' white, but whites are the majority in that area.
and he responded with

quote:

Is it ok if I make a pacman of niggers?

Which is that "What? I'm just responding to a racial term with a racial term! I thought this was America!" rules lawyering type of thing that is pretty much begging to be banned.

Here is his rap sheet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=166450

VictorianQueerLit has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Apr 22, 2018

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Unsure if this will be a saga in the end but all the whining back and forth over someone posting fanart exclusively from one game for a year and a half has contributed to getting the fanart thread closed; the QQ mod feedback thread was temporarily closed until a little while ago.

Contributing factors were people talking about creepy anime crap. Maybe it’s my :regd06: talking but if the thread reopens I wonder if we’ll get some “fun” posting challenges.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The qq mod feedback thread is the best thing and I'm sad I didn't read it earlier.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unsure if this will be a saga in the end but all the whining back and forth over someone posting fanart exclusively from one game for a year and a half has contributed to getting the fanart thread closed; the QQ mod feedback thread was temporarily closed until a little while ago.

Contributing factors were people talking about creepy anime crap. Maybe it’s my :regd06: talking but if the thread reopens I wonder if we’ll get some “fun” posting challenges.

The fanart thread is closed right now, because of anime (anime is bad).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I can’t help but feel responsible. I should have known better than to ask about anime. It’s never a good answer.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Len posted:

The qq mod feedback thread is the best thing

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

poo poo, CI claiming that "people stopped complaining therefore people don't hate my posting" is just bullshit. People stopped complaining because either they put him on ignore; or just knew that if they kept pushing it then mods would probate them for complaining too much.

I'm glad FAU put a stop to him; but idiots in that thread should know better than taunting him or poking the bear.

But if the thread is reincarnated, even though all of the other rules were great I hope it no longer has the rule of "no NSFW". The fanart thread is best when it's about showing each other :stonklol:-worthy poo poo, and brokebrain fetishists is the best source of that goldmine. Maybe we need to re-split the "Awesome fanart" and "Awful fanart" threads again, the Deviantart thread in GBS is way slower than the PYF threads were.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

umalt posted:

poo poo, CI claiming that "people stopped complaining therefore people don't hate my posting" is just bullshit. People stopped complaining because either they put him on ignore; or just knew that if they kept pushing it then mods would probate them for complaining too much.

I'm glad FAU put a stop to him; but idiots in that thread should know better than taunting him or poking the bear.

But if the thread is reincarnated, even though all of the other rules were great I hope it no longer has the rule of "no NSFW". The fanart thread is best when it's about showing each other :stonklol:-worthy poo poo, and brokebrain fetishists is the best source of that goldmine. Maybe we need to re-split the "Awesome fanart" and "Awful fanart" threads again, the Deviantart thread in GBS is way slower than the PYF threads were.

Then it just becomes a thread where people post what they jack it to ironically.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then it just becomes a thread where people post what they jack it to ironically.

I jack it to a blown tire

Note: please do not find michelin man fanart to fit this

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

We know and understand the life cycle of a mock thread now, after 3-6 months it has hit its stride and is ready to be culled. It's when they lie fallow for a few years that the threads really start to stink.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Eox posted:

We know and understand the life cycle of a mock thread now, after 3-6 months it has hit its stride and is ready to be culled. It's when they lie fallow for a few years that the threads really start to stink.

The fan art thread isn’t a mock thread from my understanding.

It’s supposed to be fan art you like for the most part.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah but that was referring to the dude saying we don't need a fan art mock thread because it'll turn to poo poo. We need to practice sustainable mockery.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Eox posted:

Yeah but that was referring to the dude saying we don't need a fan art mock thread because it'll turn to poo poo. We need to practice sustainable mockery.

The internet is a renewable resource, friend. There will also be something new to make fun of. The awful is infinite.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

umalt posted:

I hope it no longer has the rule of "no NSFW".

:chloe:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I just want a place to see and post cool fanart, how are goons so bad at not loving this up

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Obsessively pantomiming your favourite media properties is a kinda hosed hobby no matter who's involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

the greatest sagas of the SA forums: how are goons so bad at not loving this up