Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife arranged to buy half of a cow today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

So I just starting getting into my Rift. Arizona Sunshine is kind of fun but frustrating when it doesn't reload or switch weapons and you're about to be over-run.

When it's on my head, the DK2 seems fine for me, but when I take it off it feels like I'm being dropped into the floor ear first. I have a weird form of astigmatism, so maybe something weird is going on with my sense of balance.

It kinda sucks because I bought it for development but having to take an hour between every test/fix cycle to keep from vomiting is brutal.

It's amazing that it works as well as it does.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Devyl posted:

Watch skippy62able (aka L.A.Beast) on YouTube. Dude eats an entire fuckin' 5 lb. bag of Haribo sugar-free gummy bears in one sitting. The end of that video is painful to watch.

Yeah it was. Literal Technicolor yawn.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

As a sympathetic vomiter, I hate you guys so much right now.

But that bowel emptying sounded pretty goddamned epic.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Devyl posted:

Watch skippy62able (aka L.A.Beast) on YouTube. Dude eats an entire fuckin' 5 lb. bag of Haribo sugar-free gummy bears in one sitting. The end of that video is painful to watch.

My favorite is him eating the cactus. He's schaudenfruede.wmv

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

The Door Frame posted:

For real. But I'm gonna give the man some SERIOUS credit for single-handedly running the campaign to bring back Crystal Pepsi last year.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The Door Frame posted:

No, the best was watching him drink a gallon of olive oil and the, uhhh, expected results.

E. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7KbE_uDo

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any of you guys suddenly having Gmail let spam through? Like, all of the spam?

Over 30 made it to my regular inbox today, which is roughly about how many normally hit my spam folder.

They're all spoofed as coming from my own address, and have "This may be a spoofed message. Gmail couldn't verify that it was actually sent from your account" at the top, with like 5000000 people in the to: and cc: lines. Isn't that step 1 in spam filtering?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 22, 2018

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

Did that a few months ago. It is quite awesome. I have had some great stuff. I have also ruined some great things :( but we are getting better at cooking it. I hope you have two freezers.

I went and drove big loud RC cars today and I can't decide which photo is cooler.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Over 30 made it to my regular inbox today, which is roughly about how many normally hit my spam folder.

They're all spoofed as coming from my own address, and have "This may be a spoofed message. Gmail couldn't verify that it was actually sent from your account" at the top, with like 5000000 people in the to: and cc: lines. Isn't that step 1 in spam filtering?

Yes. Hundreds! All from "telos.net" when viewed on the desktop webpage.

E: telus, not telos my bad

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 22, 2018

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If it's anything like the whole Philippino pigs I've had, every bite is worth the day or two of cooking

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I went and drove big loud RC cars today and I can't decide which photo is cooler.

This one is definitely cooler

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yes. Hundreds! All from "telos.net" when viewed on the desktop webpage.

Huh, didn't notice that before. One of the spam messages came in 4 times, but was caught once by the spam filter. The others I reported as spam, but all show "via telus.net".

Guessing someone is spoofing telus, or telus left a SMTP server open (I was briefly getting a SSL error trying to pull up their website too, but that seems to have gone away now). They're a pretty major ISP, aren't they?

e: it's all been "get read of deadly tinnitus FOREVER" (tinnitus is deadly?!), Get ADT monitoring now for Free on equipment", some NWS stuff, and the always popular "Sexy Girls Asian Girls Looking for US Men". They all have the same postal address to "unsubscribe". ("Pear la nd TX"). Something about heart attacks too.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 22, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

Like a timeshare?

Keep it in your garden Monday to Wednesday and alternative Sundays?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

*knocks on wood* not yet!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I hope you have a giant freezer or two. We bought 1/4 and it cost roughly ~$700. Thankfully I did my research (unlike my neighbor) and specified exactly what cuts I wanted. He did not and ended up with 70lb of ground beef.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In the last 24 hours I've gotten emails from five companies updating their ToS.

Something happen?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Something happen?

I think it's basically every company saying "oh poo poo, better cover our tracks" since Zuck's congressional hearing. I've had no less than ten e-mails over the past few days doing the same thing.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Something happen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43657546

GDPR deadline next month?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I was utterly knackered when I went to bed last night, and I stayed up late trying to get my 3D printer to set off an overnight print as octoprint was being a dick.

I managed to set the print off but apparently did it with supports turned off so it was loving pointless as it all collapsed. default settings shouldn't let this happen!.
I also bought loads of stuff on Amazon Prime at 11pm and forgot about it until it was delivered thismorning. I live in the lovely northern wastelands of the UK not in a major city so 12 hour delivery on a Sunday AM is quite impressive and very dangerous.

I also had a dream where 14" Dave and InitialDave moved into my house and helped me rebuild an engine in my kitchen before helping to improve my house

I didn't drink anything last night. Help.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Tomarse posted:

I was utterly knackered when I went to bed last night, and I stayed up late trying to get my 3D printer to set off an overnight print as octoprint was being a dick.

I also had a dream where 14" Dave and InitialDave moved into my house and helped me rebuild an engine in my kitchen before helping to improve my house

I didn't drink anything last night. Help.

We all have odd sex dreams.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BraveUlysses posted:

not all curries are spicy :shrug:

These were. And our hosts were uncertain of our heat tolerance, so they made it a bit more mild than the "medium" we discussed. When they found out we like it a bit hotter, they brought out their personal chili pickle from the fridge and... holy gently caress. So good, so spicy. :coal:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

spog posted:

:lol:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

:lol: I have noticed that the ABS I am printing with really stinks so maybe that got to me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Did that a few months ago. It is quite awesome. I have had some great stuff. I have also ruined some great things :( but we are getting better at cooking it. I hope you have two freezers.

We're gonna split our half with my mom, she has a stand up freezer that's empty.

spog posted:

Like a timeshare?

Keep it in your garden Monday to Wednesday and alternative Sundays?

I appreciate you.

the spyder posted:

I hope you have a giant freezer or two. We bought 1/4 and it cost roughly ~$700. Thankfully I did my research (unlike my neighbor) and specified exactly what cuts I wanted. He did not and ended up with 70lb of ground beef.

We have a chest freezer and we'll be stashing some at mom's.

So this works out pretty nicely for us, my mother works with the developmentally disabled and they are on a fixed budget. They all love hamburgers and the experience of grilling so Mom is taking all the ground beef to use for them so we don't have to deal with that.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I won half a beef in a raffle, 5 dollar ticket, cut and wrap not included. It came out to about 22 cents/pound all in and I had the steaks cut inch and half thick.

I also bought a live cow once and quartered it myself for the trip to the butcher. That's where the 'I cut a cow in half with a chainsaw' in my profile comes from.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Never mind that bollocks about lamentations of the women of your enemies; the best sound is the 'crack' of a bolt that you thought you weren't going to get off.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

spog posted:

Never mind that bollocks about lamentations of the women of your enemies; the best sound is the 'crack' of a bolt that you thought you weren't going to get off.

Until you realize that noise was the sound of it shearing.

Or that it was the ratchet mechanism in your ratchet.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

iwentdoodie posted:

Or it was the captive nut that broke free.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

RIP 1970's 1/4" Craftsman ratchet, thermostat housing bolts were too much for you

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Me last week getting the coil pack off a 2JZ.

...luckily it's the front coil which sits under a pointless plastic cover which is now no longer pointless as it's been packed to hold the coil pack firmly. I'll extract it at some point, more important things to do right now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Me last week getting the coil pack off a 2JZ.

...luckily it's the front coil which sits under a pointless plastic cover which is now no longer pointless as it's been packed to hold the coil pack firmly. I'll extract it at some point, more important things to do right now.

Two owners later: "Why the gently caress is there all this foam around the coil pack?"

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hallelujah! Inlaws leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn for Austria and I have 55 hours of GLORIOUS solitude.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Two owners later: "Why the gently caress is there all this foam around the coil pack?"

Ha, the engine is eventually getting transplanted into my Supra so I don't get to be the previous owner :v:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Geoj posted:

Unlimited data plus payment and insurance on the latest and greatest flagship.
I have 5gb of data on Verizon and a pixel 2 XL. Y'all are still bad at this.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

The worst fanfic. Albeit believable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to brunch today, new place that only recently started offering it. Wait for our food was unreal but the owner came out an apologized and comped the whole meal. Food was quite good, even better since it was free. Good start to a pretty lazy day that continued to be chill.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

The worst fanfic. Albeit believable.

Trading Daves: The Complete Season 1

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
You run an SCCA chapter and have an event scheduled. There is rain in the forecast, and a slight chance of thunderstorms. You decide to cancel the event. Do you:

a) Email everyone who registered for the event to tell them.
b) Call everyone who registered for the event to tell them.
c) Put up a big sign on the fence at the gate of the event site warning people
d) lol gently caress em, make a Facebook post

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
All four then stand in amazement when people complain they didn't know it was canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilkhan posted:

I have 5gb of data on Verizon and a pixel 2 XL. Y'all are still bad at this.

In Canada, $85 gets you 3gb, local calls, and texts.

but at least they don't charge $7 a month for caller ID anymore!

The phone seems to be okay with the little battery, especially for what i use it for.

• Locked thread