Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

scatapult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Terror Sweat posted:

I agree, Flint Michigan deserves to have lead water

the pols who screwed over flint did it bc they knew the ppl of flint already weren't voting for them either way, and they correctly understood that the ppl who do vote for them dgaf about what happens to flint

the pols who made poop train possible did it even though pooptown *is* their constituency, bc they correctly assume pooptown will still vote for them anyway when all is said and done.

when the scope of the problem in flint became known, the residents correctly placed the blame on the state-level GOP and came together in grassroots action and protest

when the poop train had idled in pooptown long enough to attract national press coverage the residents gave interviews directing their impotent anger at new york for sending their poop down to alabama, instead of the constructive anger directed at state and local politicians who choose to allow new york poop to be dumped in alabama

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Samovar posted:

Poolista.

Now y'all are just naming obscure italian cold cuts.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

your explanation for the way red states vote begins and ends at "right-wing media brainwashing". but then, why is it so much more effective in rural and southern region? is it a question of education? culture? innate intelligence? ethnic homogeneity? historical circumstances? if they're being consistently tricked for 40+ years then there's gotta be something to explain it, right?

you are embodying the caricature that red staters have of outsiders who think they're all just too stupid to vote the correct way. it's not a convincing argument, bc it refuses to acknowledge their own, non-economic motivations for the way they vote. i don't think they're too stupid-- i think they're a mixture of too prideful, too scared of change, and too bigoted. and while they wouldn't agree with my analysis, they frequently claim to vote in support of abstract non-economic values of heritage, traditional values, and "freedom" that, subject to interpretation, can be understood as fig leaves to excuse the list of moral failures i just gave.

again, the poop train only got fixed when the story went national and embarrassed them. wallowing in poo poo for a month wasn't fun but being laughed at for it was completely intolerable. that says something key about local priorities that has very little to do with right-wing media, and shows that ridicule, not sympathy, can actually motivate positive change

my dude i live in rural texas, im well aware of what "red staters" think. the south is easier to for capital to divide and conquer because of its racial history and animosity, im not denying that in any way. but ultimately that is what it is, manipulated by southern elites and capital to divide and conquer the working and middle classes, same as its always been. libs mocking and attacking the people who buy into it, instead of trying to appeal to our common interests against the rich and powerful, is just an entrenchment of that culture war that in the end only benefits capital.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
in a very white man voice, “actually all the issues in the south are economic at their core and century old cultural racism has nothing to do with it.”

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

But the centuries old racism started because of economic issues

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

born on a buy you posted:

in a very white man voice, “actually all the issues in the south are economic at their core and century old cultural racism has nothing to do with it.”

the driving force of all history is class conflict. the root of southern racism is entirely economic. it was brought into existence, maintained and continued for economic reasons. it has existed for centuries and been embedded in american culture for so long that is has superseded raw economics, of course, and it cannot only be solved with only economics.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

guys stop making of trump voters in the post trump voters realizing that theyre going to die under trump here thread

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the driving force of all history is class conflict.

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXWM84rUV-Q

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
man why are these darn stupid racists who are only brought up by equally racist and stupid parents, living in a system that limits education and economic equality much less mobility so loving racist and stupid! argh it is an unsolvable riddle!!!

but at the same time, lol at them smelling like the piles of poo poo that they are

Relin has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Apr 23, 2018

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

also one major difference between flint's water crisis and the poop train is that lead in the water is deadly whereas, bleed though my heart does for the rural alabamians, it's hard as hell to die of a poop stink overdose

also it's objectively funny to think of a train filled with poop being an actual thing that exists

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it would be far more tragic if poor white southerners actually aspired to improve their lives and communities instead of reveling in the ideologies that keep them down among the poop trains

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think it would be far more tragic if poor white southerners actually aspired to improve their lives and communities instead of reveling in the ideologies that keep them down among the poop trains

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its funny when libs sound exactly like republicans

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it did strike me as very similar to the republican argument about ghettos but I didn't want to continuing derailing lolling at trump voters

c'mon a poop train, that's comedy gold!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cuntman.net posted:

guys stop making of trump voters in the post trump voters realizing that theyre going to die under trump here thread

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tesseraction posted:

it did strike me as very similar to the republican argument about ghettos but I didn't want to continuing derailing lolling at trump voters

c'mon a poop train, that's comedy gold!!

Racism is basically just a directed variant of classism most of the time.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its funny when libs sound exactly like republicans

Everyone wants there to be orcs. They're either dark skinned and live in cities, or light skinned and live in the hills.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Racism is basically just a directed variant of classism most of the time.

Eat the rich

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grondoth posted:

Everyone wants there to be orcs. They're either dark skinned and live in cities, or light skinned and live in the hills.

Is true freedum when ya grok dat we's all Orkz.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I think it's funny when people get screwed over by the local rich and politicians and then blame outsiders instead of holding their own accountable.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I take it the poo in question can't be used as fertilizer? Or just dig a massive pit to bury it in? Or light the poo on fire (what are you going to do, complain about the smell of burning poo after complaining about the smell of fermenting poo)?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
They eat it, to own the liberals.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Randalor posted:

I take it the poo in question can't be used as fertilizer? Or just dig a massive pit to bury it in? Or light the poo on fire (what are you going to do, complain about the smell of burning poo after complaining about the smell of fermenting poo)?

It's probably been baking in those rail cars long enough that they have enough mud bricks to make some pyramids to store their grain

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Randalor posted:

It is apparently being sent to Alabama to be turned into fertiliser. In this case the intended destination was sick of the smell of poop while the train is being unloaded, and banned poop trains from entering the county. The train therefore stopped in the village before said county, stinking out the village of Parrish.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
That first village owned the hell out of the second one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I smell the poop train comin', it's rollin' round the bend

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Randalor posted:

I take it the poo in question can't be used as fertilizer? Or just dig a massive pit to bury it in?

They brought it to Alabama? :shrug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Relin posted:

man why are these darn stupid racists who are only brought up by equally racist and stupid parents, living in a system that limits education and economic equality much less mobility so loving racist and stupid! argh it is an unsolvable riddle!!!

but at the same time, lol at them smelling like the piles of poo poo that they are

White, college educated men and women both broke for Trump.

Average income was higher among Trump voters.

"The system is oppressing Republicans into being awful garbage people" is even more naive a position than "white people are racists"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ikanreed posted:

White, college educated men and women both broke for Trump.

Average income was higher among Trump voters.

"The system is oppressing Republicans into being awful garbage people" is even more naive a position than "white people are racists"

white people are racists though

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Gringostar posted:

never trust anyone who cares more about white innocence than about the POC harmed by white racists

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Remember it's Alabama's state holiday celebrating the confederacy today so there'll be no movement on the poop train. There can be other lovely subjects like how moral a green party vote is.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Remember it's Alabama's state holiday celebrating the confederacy today so there'll be no movement on the poop train. There can be other lovely subjects like how moral a green party vote is.

https://www.siasat.com/news/alabama-breaths-sigh-relief-poop-train-finally-leaves-town-1346221/

quote:

April 23, 2018, 11:41 AM IST
Alabama breaths sigh of relief as poop train finally leaves town

Washington: A train has left the premises of Parrish, Alabama in US, and the town folks cannot be happier – there is celebrating, dancing, singing, and cheering.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

to celebrate the poop train going, all lynchings have been postponed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Randalor posted:

lol white southerners actually doing any farming

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gringostar posted:

Doesn't make it not a naive analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

y'all hear about the morally bankrupt millionaire businessman named donald running a self-funded campaign in GOP primaries? his pro-coal, anti-obama anti-hillary message is gaining traction in west virginia as his milquetoast establishment republican competitors are focused on tearing one another down

Don Blankenship went to prison after the deaths of 29 of his miners. For some Republicans, that’s the beginning of a successful Senate campaign.