Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

It's the release before Pizza Spidey.

Howabout $10 for Punny and $25 for Bob?

Is that with shipping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone know anything about selling old loose Hot Toys figures? Some slightly damaged, but in small ways?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

Is that with shipping?

It's under a pound so yeah, $35 should be good if you go friends & family. PP is ryancharleswhite @ yahoo.com

Rirse posted:

Cool. Captain Marvel (classic) is one of the few old 5 inch Toy Biz figures I still have left over the years and man it's beat up. Be nice to finally replace him since the other few ones I got left were replaced (Minus Nimrod) at this point.

Found Thanos, looks like he runs $35 complete and since the Cap is hard to find you wanna say $20 for him? And $10 for Marv? $30 shipped for the pair if you do F&F.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 20, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It's under a pound so yeah, $35 should be good if you go friends & family. PP is ryancharleswhite @ yahoo.com

Do you have Venmo? No service fees and even easier to send with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

Do you have Venmo? No service fees and even easier to send with.

I do not.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Found Thanos, looks like he runs $35 complete and since the Cap is hard to find you wanna say $20 for him? And $10 for Marv? $30 shipped for the pair if you do F&F.

Oh I meant the Infnity War Thanos, I'm not interested in the comic one. I will get Captain Marvel through.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Oh I meant the Infnity War Thanos, I'm not interested in the comic one. I will get Captain Marvel through.

Okay send me :10bux:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone know anything about selling old loose Hot Toys figures? Some slightly damaged, but in small ways?

Yeah, post what you're offering here first.... :D

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm considering getting rid of my DX06 Jack Sparrow. I think everything is there, but the only damaged things are the sash, which I removed and fixed, and then weathered for a better look. And a belt's bottom opened up. It's hard to explain but it seems like an easy fix.

Uh. I think I have the Cop uniform for the Joker somewhere. Cop Joker head too. but the accessories are broken. I'll have to go through the rest.

I just need money.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I take back the Jack, he isn't all that great. Lots of stuff is ripping, and falling off due to age. And I think his compass is the Medicom one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, i'll let you get a list and see what's up. :)

(If you have the Dutch from Predator for a reasonable price.......)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I do have that, but I'm sorry I probably won't sell him. He's one of my all time favorite characters and still is, unlike Jack Sparrow who I've just kind of grown to dislike.

I may not even have anything, but I'm not sure until I start diggin. But yeah, I'll post some stuff up and if you can dig up any info that'd be great!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I didn't know they made that Scarlet Spider. I've had the regular and black costume Spider-Man hanging around forever.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wanna just start an Action Figure megathread on SA-Mart?

Also I'll sent the 35 today, Rhyno!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Open Marriage Night posted:

I didn't know they made that Scarlet Spider. I've had the regular and black costume Spider-Man hanging around forever.

It was a rare and expensive figure for quite some time. I believe it was a Kay-Bee exclusive as well.

The regular one is one of my favorite Spider-Man sculpts ever. It is a perfect early McFarlane Spider-Man. Only downside is the now quaint articulation. I keep meaning on taking that head and making a new McFarlane Spider-Man with some modern articulation.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Maybe I'm an old fart, but I was never super crazy about the McFarlane look. His webbing was cool, but otherwise I've never been a huge fan of his style for anything other than his original stuff like Spawn. Pizza Spidey basically has the perfect head proportions, for me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

It's the release before Pizza Spidey.

Howabout $10 for Punny and $25 for Bob?

$55 shipped?

That's a good price for Hulkbuster but I'm going to need to think about it for a day. I'll let you know by Sunday evening.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fuzz posted:

Maybe I'm an old fart, but I was never super crazy about the McFarlane look. His webbing was cool, but otherwise I've never been a huge fan of his style for anything other than his original stuff like Spawn. Pizza Spidey basically has the perfect head proportions, for me.

It was incredibly revolutionary for the time and for the most part everyone since has either used that design or evolved it in some way. Prior to that it was always the classic Romita look, even Mike Zeck for the most part was using that basic design.

The Pizza Spidey seems to be a Bagley inspired look, although I have never been a fan of the head. The shape is a bit odd.

I would love for someone to make a McFarlane Grey Hulk at some point. I am utterly amazed that Select hasn't done it since they love making GBS threads out random Hulks and it would sell like hotcakes. But like other stuff that you would have thought they would have done by now (Apocalypse is the biggest example) their choices seem random and not driven by the market or sales.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Fuzz posted:

Wanna just start an Action Figure megathread on SA-Mart?

Also I'll sent the 35 today, Rhyno!

I was wondering why this hasn't been started already! Post a link here so we can all sell our stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has been 3 or 4 times, it dies after a couple of weeks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, we're better off just doing it in here. I have loads more stuff bet it's easier to do it by type.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, we're better off just doing it in here. I have loads more stuff bet it's easier to do it by type.

Yeah, not enough people have enough stuff to sell regularly to have the thread. A couple times a year someone clears some stuff out, it is just easier to just handle it here and everyone that would be interested is already here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, it's always just in spurts. I have some DC stuff and some misc others but I don't know if it's even worth putting here.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, it's always just in spurts. I have some DC stuff and some misc others but I don't know if it's even worth putting here.

Do you have DCUC Mirror Master or Bronze Tiger? I'd love to get my hands on those two.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Okay send me :10bux:

Don't mind if I wait until this Friday?

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Picked up Commander Wolffe and some porgs yesterday, was hoping to get Tarkin too but the only one left in the shop had some pretty rough eye printing. Hoping that the next bastard son of Jango Fett they make is Fives.

My biggest hope now that they've done Wolffe though is Plo Koon to go with him. Not sure how probable that is since they've not even done Mace Windu yet but since next year is the 20th anniversary of Phantom Menace maybe we'll get some Jedi.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Whoa, where did you find Wolffe? Last I heard they hadn’t announced where he’d be exclusive since TRU won’t be around.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whoa, where did you find Wolffe? Last I heard they hadn’t announced where he’d be exclusive since TRU won’t be around.

Local shop here in Singapore. Hasbro SG offers up most of the exclusives to collectible shops here since we don't have Walgreens/Walmart/Target etc. I didn't realize he wasn't out yet stateside, i can take some close up pictures if anyone's curious though my photo skills are rubbish. Here's one I did before i opened them as one of my buddies wanted to see it on facebook

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Wulffe is actually a shared exclusive between GameStop, Disney Store, and something else maybe Barnes and Noble?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Fuzz posted:

I liked it at the time but the older I get the more I prefer the 70s-ish look. The Homecoming suit looks like an update of the live-action version on the Electric Company and that makes it pretty much perfect to me.

Djarum posted:

I would love for someone to make a McFarlane Grey Hulk at some point. I am utterly amazed that Select hasn't done it since they love making GBS threads out random Hulks and it would sell like hotcakes.

Sorry but this will never happen under the general “no good grey Hulk” treaty between all toy manufacturers. The Hulk is like Superman, even the better attempts have some glaring problems, and there’s no “pizza spidey” level great 6” figure. Then you take that and make grey Hulk a thing that only happens as a recolor and welp no good grey hulks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

THE PORGS

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I liked it at the time but the older I get the more I prefer the 70s-ish look. The Homecoming suit looks like an update of the live-action version on the Electric Company and that makes it pretty much perfect to me.

This kinda hits it for me. When I was 13 and he was hitting it big, it seemed really new and cool at first, especially his take on Venom, which is the Venom I generally prefer. But yeah, as I get older... eh. It was the same with Liefield, except I'd notice the incorrect proportions and millions of teeth back then and it would frustrate the poo poo out of me.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sorry but this will never happen under the general “no good grey Hulk” treaty between all toy manufacturers. The Hulk is like Superman, even the better attempts have some glaring problems, and there’s no “pizza spidey” level great 6” figure. Then you take that and make grey Hulk a thing that only happens as a recolor and welp no good grey hulks.

It is kinda amazing that we have never had really great figures of either. The best Superman is still that original DCD figure and that is what 20 years old? Now a lot of the blame for that has to do with Mattel having the DC license and they don't seem to be able to make a great figure to save their life.

The Hulk is just puzzling though. The best option Hasbro has done is the Avengers Movie Hulk which is a pretty serviceable figure. Marvel Select has had some decent Hulks but never any version I'd want. My main Hulk is still the Face Off Hulk which is classic 70s/80s Buscema Hulk. I'd love a updated version but I doubt anything will ever touch it.

Fuzz posted:

This kinda hits it for me. When I was 13 and he was hitting it big, it seemed really new and cool at first, especially his take on Venom, which is the Venom I generally prefer. But yeah, as I get older... eh. It was the same with Liefield, except I'd notice the incorrect proportions and millions of teeth back then and it would frustrate the poo poo out of me.

I like McFarlane's Spider-Man still, especially the Venom which I am glad we finally got a great version of (why anyone likes the giant fangs instead of the creepy smile with a million teeth I have no idea) but I can understand why people can have issues with it.

I'd love a Spider-Man boxset with a 1st Appearance Ditko, Romita 70s, 80s Zeck, 90s McFarlane and a Modern look. Be a decent excuse to get some other base bodies done too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I’m the one guy that doesn’t care for Face Off Hulk.

Hulk from the Valkyrie two-pack is my go to until they do something better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Figuarts got a license to do X-Men stuff now. Looks like they'll be debuting the weekend of May 25th at an event.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I hope it’s actually comic X-Men figures and not just their Samurai stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The logo they used at least is the X-Men comic logo, so it's not going to be Fassbender and Sophie Turner figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wouldn’t be upset to get a few choice movie characters, but I realize that isn’t in the cards.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I hope it’s actually comic X-Men figures and not just their Samurai stuff.

Aphrodite posted:

Figuarts got a license to do X-Men stuff now. Looks like they'll be debuting the weekend of May 25th at an event.

Hype!!! :slick:

I hope with all hope they are "classic" iterations of the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Hype!!! :slick:

I hope with all hope they are "classic" iterations of the characters.

Do you mean classic like Jack Kirby X-Men or classic like Jim Lee X-Men?