Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
All of the Legends Deadpool wave is now on Amazon proper for $20 each, looks like Cable only has a couple left in stock, everything else is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you mean classic like Jack Kirby X-Men or classic like Jim Lee X-Men?

Really, either! As a child of the 90's I'd prefer Jim Lee designs, but would also love just about any costume back to issue 39. Would prefer to avoid the original costumes just for the sake of diversity / visual interest.

Post Lee, the Astonishing costumes are pretty good. Hate the Morrison Jackets. Pretty ambivalent to the last decade or so of costumes... I guess I'm getting old..."Things were never as good as yesteryear." *shakes fist* Haha!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Really, either! As a child of the 90's I'd prefer Jim Lee designs, but would also love just about any costume back to issue 39. Would prefer to avoid the original costumes just for the sake of diversity / visual interest.

Post Lee, the Astonishing costumes are pretty good. Hate the Morrison Jackets. Pretty ambivalent to the last decade or so of costumes... I guess I'm getting old..."Things were never as good as yesteryear." *shakes fist* Haha!

When you're talking about X-Men this is 100 percent factual though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

All of the Legends Deadpool wave is now on Amazon proper for $20 each, looks like Cable only has a couple left in stock, everything else is available.

Cable's already gone.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

I got X-23, Deadpool, and Venompool, I’m not sure how much I like Deadpool. He’s my first ML Deadpool and he’s neat and all, but the head not having the traditional bit on the back of the head where the mask isn’t fitting right (I don’t know how else to describe it) makes it seem “off” to me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

I got X-23, Deadpool, and Venompool, I’m not sure how much I like Deadpool. He’s my first ML Deadpool and he’s neat and all, but the head not having the traditional bit on the back of the head where the mask isn’t fitting right (I don’t know how else to describe it) makes it seem “off” to me.

For what it’s worth, the regular Deadpool from that wave is supposed to emulate the OG Toybiz DP, which didn’t have the pointy bit, was super red and had short katanas. I’m bummed it didn’t have a little retractable saw-knife.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

It’s from his first comic which was drawn by liefeld and trash.

He got good when Kelly took over. So you are right to not love it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Since we're talking about Marvel Legends I have a question that pertains to just about any Wolverine variant. I'm trying to find a cheap Wolvie from either the Retro packaging or the Juggernaut BAF just to display so I don't need to shell out for the packaging, but in photos on ebay it seems like there's always one claw going off in some weird direction. Am I right to assume that you can wiggle those around to have all three on each hand in sync, or are they making these from the factory all bent?

Edit: ooh my Figuarts Han Solo just came.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 26, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah it's just plastic. You can fix it. If you want to be hardcore, there's people who sell metal ones you can mod them with!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Found out they're making a Funko Pop of Neil Gaiman's Death, and had to order one for my friend. She's adorable.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

davebo posted:

Since we're talking about Marvel Legends I have a question that pertains to just about any Wolverine variant. I'm trying to find a cheap Wolvie from either the Retro packaging or the Juggernaut BAF just to display so I don't need to shell out for the packaging, but in photos on ebay it seems like there's always one claw going off in some weird direction. Am I right to assume that you can wiggle those around to have all three on each hand in sync, or are they making these from the factory all bent?

Edit: ooh my Figuarts Han Solo just came.

They're all molded, but they have set angles. You can rearrange them and hopefully get a good result, but there are either the metal ones or the casting cave ones that are straight better.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Open Marriage Night posted:

Found out they're making a Funko Pop of Neil Gaiman's Death, and had to order one for my friend. She's adorable.

Congrats on the cute friend I guess. Let us know how Death looks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

davebo posted:

Congrats on the cute friend I guess. Let us know how Death looks.

drat

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just picked up a boxed Play Kai Arts Adam Jensen for €40 ($48) at a flea market in Berlin. It’s the collectors edition that came with Human Revolution, so there’s a CD and artbook too. I think I did alright?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the 02 Figuarts comes with a cockpit stand

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Guy Goodbody posted:

the 02 Figuarts comes with a cockpit stand

this makes me uncomfortable... why does she have butt handles? don't answer me please.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cakefarts Carol posted:

this makes me uncomfortable... why does she have butt handles? don't answer me please.

No, if I have to know this so do you.

It's a giant robot anime where the robots need 2 pilots like Pacific Rim except they're a male and a female, and that's the position they use.

Also they're 14 year olds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You could really use this crap reasoning against using nukes. Look what it's done to them as a people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

You could really use this crap reasoning against using nukes. Look what it's done to them as a people.

That's a hosed up thing to say

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a hosed up thing to say

Anime is revenge on the world for WW2.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a good show. I'm kinda bummed that the fiigure is 02 in her red pilot suit. The ideal would be her white pilot suit and a Hiro Figuarts, both with faceplates so you cna have them like at the end of episode 15

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My personal rule is any show about children loving is bad regardless of the quality of the storytelling or writing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

My personal rule is any show about children loving is bad regardless of the quality of the storytelling or writing.

No you see, it's the depth of the story and
:goonsay:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

It's not about loving. There's no sex in Darling in the Franxx.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't worry guys this show about half naked kids mounting each other doesn't feature any literal penetration so everything's above board here

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

purple death ray posted:

Don't worry guys this show about half naked kids mounting each other doesn't feature any literal penetration so everything's above board here

The show takes place in a nightmare dystopia where adults spend their time locked in pods electrically stimulating the pleasure center of their brain. Children are raised from day one with the explicit message that their only value is their ability to pilot Franxx and fight monsters. They're constantly tested, drugged, and experimented on, they don't know what "kiss" means, where babies come from, what love is, and they seem pretty unclear on how a child turns into an adult. By the time they are old enough to pilot a Franxx, most of the kids have been found inadequate and Went Away. The cockpit of a Franxx is theoretically the only place in society where two people could experience emotional intimacy, what with the mind-meld thing that happens between the two pilots. But it's so sterile and sexless and tied to their only reason for survival and inevitable violent death, and comes after years of torture and brainwashing that most pilots see it as nothing more than their duty,

Except for the two main characters, who, despite having gone through even worse than their peers, love each other and are unsatisfied living within the borders of their world. They have the ability to turn piloting a Franxx into a liberatory act of love.

It's a good show

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sounds like the boy's franxx is in the darling, you she they translated correctly?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

The show takes place in a nightmare dystopia where adults spend their time locked in pods electrically stimulating the pleasure center of their brain. Children are raised from day one with the explicit message that their only value is their ability to pilot Franxx and fight monsters. They're constantly tested, drugged, and experimented on, they don't know what "kiss" means, where babies come from, what love is, and they seem pretty unclear on how a child turns into an adult. By the time they are old enough to pilot a Franxx, most of the kids have been found inadequate and Went Away. The cockpit of a Franxx is theoretically the only place in society where two people could experience emotional intimacy, what with the mind-meld thing that happens between the two pilots. But it's so sterile and sexless and tied to their only reason for survival and inevitable violent death, and comes after years of torture and brainwashing that most pilots see it as nothing more than their duty,

Except for the two main characters, who, despite having gone through even worse than their peers, love each other and are unsatisfied living within the borders of their world. They have the ability to turn piloting a Franxx into a liberatory act of love.

It's a good show

Hey it's fine that you've bought into this elaborate, convoluted scenario that was invented solely as an excuse to put mostly naked kids in sexually suggestive positions, but don't expect anybody else to.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aphrodite posted:

It's a giant robot anime where the robots need 2 pilots like Pacific Rim except they're a male and a female, and that's the position they use.

Pass the bleach please

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a good show

If I didn't think your brain was broken from your posting in PYF I have confirmation here

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hey does anyone have any Thanos BAF parts they don-

:yikes:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Uh.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a good show.
Uh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

anime

here is toy

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Please, lets just have no more anime. Like here's my new plane toy:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those look dope, do they transform? They kinda look like they do

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah they do. Robot, plane and halfway in-between. Too lazy to take some pics, so I'll just link to my new one on HLJ.

Its Bandai's Hi-Metal R series, which aims to be around 1/100 scale, its really good, like I love my 1/60 Yamato, but these Hi-metals' smaller size just makes them more fun to play with.

edit: lets post a pic of my Yamato

what a difference natural light makes for a phone camera in my bad hands.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

vkeios posted:

Please, lets just have no more anime. Like here's my new plane toy:

Ah, Jetfire and pals.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's probably way too big to make it cost effective but I'd love to see ML do a Stormbreaker.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I want an ML Star Lord blaster crossover with Nerf.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did that for the first movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Darling in the Franxx is good, has been great lately, but it takes way too long to get to its central message. I mean, I get it now, but I almost dropped the show several times due to the sex poo poo and only stayed on because it’s a Trigger show and they generally make great stuff.

Anime is weird but can also be good.