Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Buffis posted:

I really want to figure out something dumb with Mox and Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle.

The dumbest thing Ive seen on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX-WKYKGceI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

InterrupterJones posted:

Lich's Mastery? That prerelease foil I pulled and didn't use because it's hot garbage in limited?

...I would love that to spike so I could offload it. :pray:

Whatever he posts, no matter if its actually good or not, is going to spike online and in paper. I would figure with him already hyping this list a bit that people will goonrush it just from FOMO.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it

Johnnie5 posted:

Should I splash Siege-Gang Commander off of a Surveyor, a Grow from the Ashes and a Song of Freyalise?

If it's modo just post your pool and we'll build for you.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

owns

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Siivola posted:

Any bets on what spbkaso's ~broken deck~ is?

My money's on Mishra's Mechanized Host. :awesomelon:

I hope it's Cabal Stronghold or whatever it's called so that I can dump the foil one I opened this weekend.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone going to GP Columbus this weekend?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Lands in back are now required for comp rel.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/april-magic-tournament-rules-release-notes-2018-04-23

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

gently caress this stupid shithead game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't really care but it will make like a dozen lovely people mad so good for Wizards I guess.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Whatever he posts, no matter if its actually good or not, is going to spike online and in paper. I would figure with him already hyping this list a bit that people will goonrush it just from FOMO.

Have any of his decks ever became tier 1 for any format?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:stare:

"In this game where resources are important and people can easily cheat by obscuring those resources, we want them to be as far away from the opposing player as possible."

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't really care but it will make like a dozen lovely people mad so good for Wizards I guess.

This is how I feel about it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tbh I thought they'd already done this

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

P sure the best performing deck he ever had was 8-whack, but i don't think that's tier one

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tbh I thought they'd already done this

Only for feature matches on stream.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Also on a note of trades and buying. I made a post about some mass printings of holostamp fakes. I recently got to touch a few of them over the weekend and I can say with some confidence that almost all of them were so incredibly bad that they would catch even a novices eye. All but a few exceptions. Rekindling pheonix and hazoret are actually scary close. The color is just a slight shade lighter than the cards we had on hand to compare and the title text was slightly less bold. The holostamp was also still slightly raised. Please, PLEASE be double checking these two cards in particular if you are buying these in the near future.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

good i'm glad of it

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
Future angle shooting is going to include being so familiar with fakes that you can score free games by calling them out on your opponent's board.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

poo poo is weak posted:

Future angle shooting is going to include being so familiar with fakes that you can score free games by calling them out on your opponent's board.

Unless you can prove it to a judge while the card is sleeved I don't think that actually gets you anywhere.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

poo poo is weak posted:

This already happens in legacy I am sure.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/988469400796782592

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

LOL. Good change though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

They decided that cards that are only printed in foil can have official proxies.

https://blogs.magicjudges.org/telliott/2018/04/23/policy-changes-for-dominaria/

Reserved list card proxies.... maybe one day.

lol that's fuckin' embarassing

also embarassing that it's still acceptable to play at all, just issue a proxy for them, they could even just use a basic forest for the proxy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lol at people actually thinking lands in back is a bad thing

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

lol that's fuckin' embarassing

also embarassing that it's still acceptable to play at all, just issue a proxy for them, they could even just use a basic forest for the proxy

My hot take on it is that its embarrassing for them to think the foiling issue is okay because you can just choose to play with nonfoils. I mean, just buy another version of the card. :smugdon:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

My hot take on it is that its embarrassing for them to think the foiling issue is okay because you can just choose to play with nonfoils. I mean, just buy another version of the card. :smugdon:

"our product is so lovely that you'll be ejected from our tournaments, our advertisements, for playing these cards"

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Had a good enough time at Saturday's prerelease I figured I'd actually check out Arena in earnest to scratch the itch a bit before it starts costing real money.

Two matches in, I'm staring at a just-hit-3-minutes Connection Lost screen, despite my uplink being totally fine. Is this the other player trying to make me forfeit-and-exit? EDIT: as I type this it went to a draw. I guess same question, was that someone trying to avoid a loss (I was doing pretty well but it was nowhere near a sure thing) or legit server issues?

Seems like an OK way to play the game so far, compared to my few-years-old memory of janky-rear end MTGO, and similarly-aged recall of the Duels of the Planeswalkers games (which this seems roughly on par with, UI wise.) Still not sure it'd get me to put real money into digital cards tho. I like collecting cardboard :cry:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Hey my draft deck was pretty good.

oh wait I mulled to 5 every game and just conceded because you almost literally never win when mulling to 5 and your 5 is still bad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i thought that was common sense

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Not only is lands in back a good thing, they should standardize zone locations for competitive as well. Deck on right/left, graveyard underneath, exile to the side, enchantments and artifacts in similar position... let's get prescripivist in this bitch. At the very least let's mandate that exile is not just sideways graveyard. Fuckin hate that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Hey my draft deck was pretty good.

oh wait I mulled to 5 every game and just conceded because you almost literally never win when mulling to 5 and your 5 is still bad.

should have mana weaved more effectively

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

Not only is lands in back a good thing, they should standardize zone locations for competitive as well. Deck on right/left, graveyard underneath, exile to the side, enchantments and artifacts in similar position... let's get prescripivist in this bitch. At the very least let's mandate that exile is not just sideways graveyard. Fuckin hate that.

Holy gently caress, we agree on something.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

sit on my Facebook posted:

What if you're playing Dredge?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

myDad posted:

Looks like you don't get to play dredge anymore. What a tragedy.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

myDad posted:

:dealwithit:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

vandalism posted:

Demonlord Ballzncock, lmao.

I feel like this didn't get enough attention.

suicidesteve posted:

Looks like you don't get to play dredge anymore. What a tragedy.

hosed up if true.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Unban Grave-Troll!! (again)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

myDad posted:

Then your graveyard belongs in the lands zone since you use it to cast spells :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

80s James Hetfield posted:

He basically called that Ramunap Red was going to be a thing and put it together for like $25 a couple weeks before Pro Tour HOD.