Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Khorne posted:

Do I have to be in the guild to go? I just started playing a week ago. I'm in a guild that my brother is in but I don't even have chat setup properly yet and don't read text in-game.

You can be in whatever guild you want to be in, but Peener has a bunch of useful guild skills to help lifeskill/combat and decent payouts. Unless your brother's guild is an established guild, you're all most likely better off joining Peener.

Until some Goon pisses off a bunch of people and gets the guild decced on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TVDinna posted:

You can be in whatever guild you want to be in, but Peener has a bunch of useful guild skills to help lifeskill/combat and decent payouts. Unless your brother's guild is an established guild, you're all most likely better off joining Peener.

Until some Goon pisses off a bunch of people and gets the guild decced on. :v:
Yeah. I get the bonuses. I just wasn't sure how the ship thing worked.

I'd gladly switch if there's space. The guild he is in has +2 lifeskills instead of +3 and all I'm doing is lifeskilling, adjusting through remote desktop, and playing here and there throughout the week.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 17, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Khorne posted:

Yeah. I get the bonuses. I just wasn't sure how the ship thing worked.

I'd gladly switch if there's space. The guild he is in has +2 lifeskills instead of +3 and all I'm doing is lifeskilling, adjusting through remote desktop, and playing here and there throughout the week.

Sure there's certainly room for more. We got +3 gathering and +3 fishing which are both great.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Heya goons, could I get an invite as well? Family name's Luperkal, I'm on right now.

Fair warning though - I've been treating this as a single player game basically since launch and I've got basically no idea how most of the social functions work in this game. :v

Edit: Whoops, I didn't know there's a lockout period after leaving my current dead guild. 24 hours!

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I just hit 56 on my wizard and after reading up it seems like I’ve been an idiot for not being in a guild.

If I join a non-Olvia server for an invite, can I still go back to the newb-only servers afterwards? Or will I lose out on guild perks and stuff?

J
Jun 10, 2001

dudeman posted:

I just hit 56 on my wizard and after reading up it seems like I’ve been an idiot for not being in a guild.

If I join a non-Olvia server for an invite, can I still go back to the newb-only servers afterwards? Or will I lose out on guild perks and stuff?

Yeah join a guild for the perks for sure, and you can swap servers all you want. The amount of time you have access to olvia is fixed, I think it's 30 days, but you can swap out and swap back to it no problem.

J fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 18, 2018

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pearl Abyss literally just hosed up everything about the game, and made it unplayable. About 90% of the classes are useless now in every imaginable way because there is practically no CC anymore, cash shop prices increased, and all of this is assuming you can even log into the game for more than 30 minutes without crashing. Nice patch.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Mux posted:

cash shop prices increased

The new prices you see displayed (4600 pearls for example) are the total amount of pearls you would spend if you purchased every single item of a Premium Outfit Set individually. With the Event Cart you can now combine the look of two or more Premium Outfits and get them for the same price as the Premium Outfit Set.
The same goes for Outfit Sets and Classic Sets as well as .

2500 Pearls (the total of every individual Item in a Outift set) > 2200 Pearls (-12% Discount for individual purchases)
3700 Pearls (the total of every individual Item in a Classicset) > 2900 Pearls (-21.6% Discount for individual purchases)
4600 Pearls (the total of every individual Item in a Premium Outift set) > 3400 Pearls (-26% Discount for individual purchases)

Please keep in mind that the prices on the outfits will only be shown during the event period of 4/18 After Maintenance to 5/2 Before Maintenance.
After the Event Cart promotion is over, the prices of the outfits will be displayed in the way before this promotion.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Mux posted:

About 90% of the classes are useless now in every imaginable way because there is practically no CC anymore

Everything about that statement is ridiculous.

Patch is untested and shouldn't have been released as is however.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Reposted for the new page

:frogsiren: Island exploration event is a go:frogsiren:

Date: 2018/04/21
Time: 20:00/ 8 PM UTC
UTC clock
Countdown timer until the event starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfT2Gmnm94

The idea being to take out the guild boat and move people between the Epheria to the Mediah islands. To Discover them and poke the node managers

In total it should take around 4 hours and lead to enough knowledge to increase your energy cap by about 31 points

The reason I left out the Valencia islands is that those are particularly hellish to navigate and often require climbing cliffs and taking obscure routes to navigate the island itself. It would probably add another hour and a half to the trip as a whole.

Bringing 100 energy would help because some islands are a lot easier to discover by just giving the node manager some energy.

There are no requirements level or gear wise to join this expedition. Keep in mind that if you have to leave in a hurry in the middle and don't have time for us to sail you back to land then your character might have to swim back home when you return later. If this happen we'll try to send a fishing boat to pick your character up when you get back.

Ineptitude posted:

Hot tip: bring an alt that you don't care a lot about for this, seeing as everything gained is account wide, in case you get stuck out there i mean.

The event starts in Port Epheria So you should be there in time for the event.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
31 energy for 4 hours is way better than anything I could intentionally do normally.

Are there any guides for quickly gaining knowledge and/or titles as a newer player?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Khorne posted:

31 energy for 4 hours is way better than anything I could intentionally do normally.

Are there any guides for quickly gaining knowledge and/or titles as a newer player?

Do all quests that have a house icon or an exclamation mark icon.

Killing monsters for their knowledge

Exploring every nook and cranny of the world map.. Talk to all NPCs

Here's the master knowledge list you can check off one group at a time.

http://incendar.com/master_knowledge_database.php

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Khorne posted:

Talking to every NPC in areas with cutscenes is kind of important. Also speak to every statue and stack of books. I missed a ton of stuff my first time around.

Basically exploring every area, especially the islands and talking to any NPC will get you to 250 or 275 max.

Also if you have leftover pearls you can get a bookshelf for three bucks and make your alts read for an hour, even while you play on another character or go offline. I've only found out about this recently and my alts have learned several s ranks.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Alright, I'm free and clear of the guild lockout, could someone shoot me an invite please? Family name's Luperkal.

Edit: Well, I've been waiting for a couple hours so I'm going close to tray and fish for a while. I'll check back here later, but I've just realised I don't actually know the name of the current goon guild or who to ask for so :shrug:

Emzedoh fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 20, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Emzedoh posted:

Alright, I'm free and clear of the guild lockout, could someone shoot me an invite please? Family name's Luperkal.

Edit: Well, I've been waiting for a couple hours so I'm going close to tray and fish for a while. I'll check back here later, but I've just realised I don't actually know the name of the current goon guild or who to ask for so :shrug:

You're better off asking in the discord linked in the OP.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Anyone here playing on the EU servers?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How many goons play this still? thinking of giving this another shot.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mustang posted:

How many goons play this still? thinking of giving this another shot.

Around 20-30 people spread over US/EU

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Who do I need to talk to about the expedition? What channel are you in?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

nogic posted:

Who do I need to talk to about the expedition? What channel are you in?

I hope you made it for the event.

Anyway it was a huge success. Finished 30 min ahead of schedule and everyone did a good job with the islands.

We sunk another sailboat. Sadly I got no screenshots because I was busy trying to get my vid capture program to record it never could capture BDO properly.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Katt posted:

I hope you made it for the event.

Anyway it was a huge success. Finished 30 min ahead of schedule and everyone did a good job with the islands.

We sunk another sailboat. Sadly I got no screenshots because I was busy trying to get my vid capture program to record it never could capture BDO properly.

Thanks again for being our island Sherpa! I practically doubled my energy. Time to get back to grinding out the dark spirit quests.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Yeah, thank you. I really appreciate it.

When's the Sea Node +Valencia isle world tour? :getin:

Kidding.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 22, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Khorne posted:

Yeah, thank you. I really appreciate it.

When's the Sea Node +Valencia isle world tour? :getin:

Kidding.

Worth noting about the Valencia island nodes and node manager knowledge. You need all but one to get the max energy so you can skip Hakoven island (red circle)

Still islands specifically designed to make you as miserable as possible to navigate on foot though.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Managed to snipe a kzarka staff and enhance it up to +12 before running out of memory fragments. This is when real BDO starts, huh? :smithicide:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
In case anyone is following the gear guide in the op (which probably needs updating), lemoria is now a pretty decent bridge option between full green gear and full boss gear since they've changed it to a 4-set bonus instead of 5-set. The biggest downside of it over using regular green gear is that it only has one crystal slot per item, so it is extremely reliant on the 4-set bonus to keep your attack/cast speed up, so if you replace on piece you end up having to replace all of them. On the other hand, it's ~400mil for all 4 pieces at duo, and gives a fair chunk of the bonuses you'd get from boss gear with some nice extra bonuses such as +10% skill xp. You will still need a green armor set, either before getting lemoria since green is cheaper or after to fill slots after breaking the set bonus for boss gear.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

dudeman posted:

Managed to snipe a kzarka staff and enhance it up to +12 before running out of memory fragments. This is when real BDO starts, huh? :smithicide:

That poo poo aint even duo yet, you've got a lot more to go

J
Jun 10, 2001

dudeman posted:

Yeah, mem frags are the worst.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

J posted:

Yeah, mem frags are the worst.

What's the best way to farm them?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

dudeman posted:

Have fun running relic scrolls. You can run ~20 per hour and get like 5 per scroll, and it's about 3-400 fragments on average to get from 0-15

J
Jun 10, 2001

dudeman posted:

I've gotten most of my relics from AFK fishing, and just grinding in valencia for scrolls of ancient language. Both relics/scrolls create an item that lets you summon an encounter that rewards memory fragments, among other things. With the koi event going on right now, relics are as cheap and plentiful as they have been in a long time. If you've got extra silver, you can buy relics to run even more of them. Relics are super boring but they aren't hard and can be soloed by anyone even with lovely gear. Technically you can do them in a group and get even more fragments from other people's scrolls, but that is sloooooow and I wouldn't be surprised if it was more efficient to just farm silver doing anything else to buy more relics to solo on your own time.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's roughly ten million an hour to leech other scrolls, which basically means you can 23 shards at today's prices for free if you want to join a 10x scroll group. I might try to stock up and run a few late tonight and tomorrow since I'm going to be perma enhancing gear from now on.

I don't want to get into the math but don't buy pila ku scrolls because you waste millions per hour running them this way. I just grind Valencia and run them when I get bored and go back to town. It's probably more efficient to sell them and buy relics though.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
I'm getting back into this game, and have a Berserker and Wizard, both at level 51. I have a bunch of cash shop stuff (full outfits, pets, etc.). Is there a good place for progression guides for gear for these classes, and where I can farm it? I'm getting somewhat close to the end game, and I'd like to kind of get an idea as to what I can do at that point.

Any goon guilds still going strong?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'm getting back into this game, and have a Berserker and Wizard, both at level 51. I have a bunch of cash shop stuff (full outfits, pets, etc.). Is there a good place for progression guides for gear for these classes, and where I can farm it? I'm getting somewhat close to the end game, and I'd like to kind of get an idea as to what I can do at that point.

Check the original post for Peener stuff and gear guides.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'm getting somewhat close to the end game, and I'd like to kind of get an idea as to what I can do at that point.

hahahahahaha

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Asciana posted:

Check the original post for Peener stuff and gear guides.

The OP isn't really up-to-date anymore for that.

iRoNgHosT posted:

There are two paths of progression for new players you have to do, the free stuff you can get from grinding/quests and then the stuff you wanna buy from the MP.

This is your short-term goal: https://bdoplanner.com/s/pzMEVEGE

Everything but 5 pieces of gear are 'free' catch-up mechanics and the other 5 pieces will cost you a combined 550mil at the MP.
All accessories are Asula pieces. They drop in Mediah (Necklace at Abandoned Iron Mine, Belt at Elrics, Ring/Earring at Helms)
The Roaring Magical Chest is part of your main black spirit quest. You get it for free in green quality and then upgrade it as you progress through the levels.
The Mediah Merchants Union Helmet also drops at Helms, but the drop rate is abysmally low. Thankfully you can also get it from a quest line in Mediah, you can find it in the suggested tab of your log. It has PRI armor stats and gives a unique 3% skill experience, which makes it the best helm for pure grinding.
If you can't outright buy the other stuff, save your money for now and use cheaper alternatives. For the weapon that would be the Abyssal weapon you get from the King of the Arena quest line in Altinova. You have to be 55 for that, but the weapon is really good. It lacks accuracy though, so you'd best pair it with a +15 accuracy offhand (Bronze Dagger or Saiyer Ornamental Knot). These are dirt cheap and always in stock.
For armor you can buy a +15 (either Grunil or Hercules, depending on if you value 150lt weight increase). These you can enchant yourself up to DUO if you want, to get a feel for the enhancing system.
In general you want to buy stuff instead of enhancing it yourself. Its cheaper and doesn't make you hate yourself and the game, but higher quality items aren't always there for you to buy.
The 176 AP and 214 DP give you enough punch to grind most of big solo grinding spots: Helms mine, Sausans, Desert Nagas, Gahaz bandits and Desert Fogans.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

When did our logo change?

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

Wuxi posted:

The OP isn't really up-to-date anymore for that.

There are two paths of progression for new players you have to do, the free stuff you can get from grinding/quests and then the stuff you wanna buy from the MP.

This is your short-term goal: https://bdoplanner.com/s/pzMEVEGE

Everything but 5 pieces of gear are 'free' catch-up mechanics and the other 5 pieces will cost you a combined 550mil at the MP.
All accessories are Asula pieces. They drop in Mediah (Necklace at Abandoned Iron Mine, Belt at Elrics, Ring/Earring at Helms)
The Roaring Magical Chest is part of your main black spirit quest. You get it for free in green quality and then upgrade it as you progress through the levels.
The Mediah Merchants Union Helmet also drops at Helms, but the drop rate is abysmally low. Thankfully you can also get it from a quest line in Mediah, you can find it in the suggested tab of your log. It has PRI armor stats and gives a unique 3% skill experience, which makes it the best helm for pure grinding.
If you can't outright buy the other stuff, save your money for now and use cheaper alternatives. For the weapon that would be the Abyssal weapon you get from the King of the Arena quest line in Altinova. You have to be 55 for that, but the weapon is really good. It lacks accuracy though, so you'd best pair it with a +15 accuracy offhand (Bronze Dagger or Saiyer Ornamental Knot). These are dirt cheap and always in stock.
For armor you can buy a +15 (either Grunil or Hercules, depending on if you value 150lt weight increase). These you can enchant yourself up to DUO if you want, to get a feel for the enhancing system.
In general you want to buy stuff instead of enhancing it yourself. Its cheaper and doesn't make you hate yourself and the game, but higher quality items aren't always there for you to buy.
The 176 AP and 214 DP give you enough punch to grind most of big solo grinding spots: Helms mine, Sausans, Desert Nagas, Gahaz bandits and Desert Fogans.

Thanks! This helps out a ton!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That's a dead guild

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So since I've started playing again, I finally hit awakening on mystic and I'm having a ton of fun with it! Which is good because I don't know what class I'd be playing if it weren't for mystic.

Last night I won both a TRI dandelion and a TRI kutum from the auction house within the span of like twenty seconds (that was the second time last night someone put up a kzarka/dande/kutum trio, probably were throwing accessories and boss gear up as well but I don't have notifications on those yet). So next up I just need to get my TRI kzarka, get boss armor, then work on TET. Oh and accessories obviously. And a t8 courser so I can get a pegasus. #BDOgoals

And the best thing is that I did no enhancing to get here. Enhancing was a huge reason why I quit the first time around and being able to bypass it (yes, up to a point, I know) is hella awesome. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Clocks posted:

So since I've started playing again, I finally hit awakening on mystic and I'm having a ton of fun with it! Which is good because I don't know what class I'd be playing if it weren't for mystic.

Last night I won both a TRI dandelion and a TRI kutum from the auction house within the span of like twenty seconds (that was the second time last night someone put up a kzarka/dande/kutum trio, probably were throwing accessories and boss gear up as well but I don't have notifications on those yet). So next up I just need to get my TRI kzarka, get boss armor, then work on TET. Oh and accessories obviously. And a t8 courser so I can get a pegasus. #BDOgoals

And the best thing is that I did no enhancing to get here. Enhancing was a huge reason why I quit the first time around and being able to bypass it (yes, up to a point, I know) is hella awesome. :getin:

Same. All I ever enhanced was crafting clothes/fishing rod/horse gear.

Armour and weapons I just buy. If that means a piece of Tri gear every 3 weeks then so be it.